WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, I'm trying to read everything/keep up but reading another site, it mentions that JS (her ex) said that Shantina said in an email she was going to Castle Rock and wanted to stop by.

This is the first I remember hearing that..

Video here = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyx90p1xzE

comments at approx 50 seconds in.

Also not related, but the blog entry or whatever about RS stating he was leaving his cub scout meeting at 6:30, and then actually leaving at 4:30. Did he ever actually say that in an interview, or is it just something he typed. ( I apologized, I didn't watch all the videos) Because if you notice his typing sounds very frazzled and makes a lot of typos. I wonder if he didn't mean to say 4:30 all along, and instead typed 6:30.

I read yesterday when I was trying to find something else that she not only called her g'parents but she also called Jerry Smiley from the Williams phone. Can anyone confirm that?

I read yesterday when I was trying to find something else that she not only called her g'parents but she also called Jerry Smiley from the Williams phone. Can anyone confirm that?

I only remember hearing that she called grandparents.

I hadn't read that she also had a history with drugs:

"Jerry and Shantina were high school sweethearts at Castle Rock High School in the late 1990s. They were married for about six years. They got divorced but have stayed friendly with each other.

He said he got a message from her a couple of days before she headed back to Castle Rock. She told him about getting engaged and he said it sounded like all the troubles of her past - the drugs and alcohol use - were under control."

http://www.katu.com/news/88295182.html

If true, I'm curious about what drugs she had been previously known to use. Based on her behavior that night my first thought was meth.

How do we know that this step mom?

I did some checking of my own and it appears CE is now married to JB (Shantina's step dad). She is on FB and had a conversation with DS (Shantina's grandmother in Brinnon) about Az's memorial service saying she didn't get notice until that day about Az's service and that JB wanted to go and would be sorry he missed it.

http://kundalini-support.com/blog/index.php?/archives/12-What-Happened-To-Shantina-Smiley.html

I found this:
"Her ex boyfriend and father of the child, JC, offered a plausible explanation about what happened that night. He believes Shantina took some medication and had a bad reaction to it. This could explain why she ended up at the beach submerged in water. I speculate when she and her son tried to get out of the car, strong currents swept them away drowning Shantina and her son. Tides strong enough to carry her son's body fifteen miles away from shore. I suspect those strong currents took Shantina's life and buried her far away in the deep. I hope the authorities find her body to give her loved ones closure. I hope JC's theory is right."

"Jerry and Shantina were high school sweethearts at Castle Rock High School in the late 1990s. They were married for about six years. They got divorced but have stayed friendly with each other.

He said he got a message from her a couple of days before she headed back to Castle Rock. She told him about getting engaged and he said it sounded like all the troubles of her past - the drugs and alcohol use - were under control."

If true, I'm curious about what drugs she had been previously known to use. Based on her behavior that night my first thought was meth.

I wonder if drugs were anti-depressants or something, and not drugs as in street drugs.

Oh Lord, how did I miss that?

I don't know if it was ever disclosed what he was getting fixed or really how long he stayed. If he did leave his Scout training at 4:30 and arrived in Castle Rock at 7:40 - it could be assumed he was repairing his bike for that amount of time. Here is his time line from his website:

Shantina called me twice around 4:15 to let me know she was heading out.

My training wrapped up at 4:30, I figured that she was already on the road heading to Castle Rock, ]so I proceeds to Castle Rock as well

I stopped in Toldeo-Vader to make quick repair, when she called me at 6:45 from a phone. She asked me if I could grab her phone, because she had left. I let her know where I was at. She was in the Olympia area, but wasn’t quite sure of where, Azriel was hungry, so she pulled off. She made complaint of being in the traffic. ]She gave me the destination address and told me she would be there shortly.

I arrived in Castle Rock around 7:40, and found her Step Father’s house.

We started to get worried about 9:00pm, I began to check in with the WSP about accidents. Her step father and I drove around the area to see if we could spot her.

ETA: RS's time line looks totally fine. It would take about 2 hrs and 6 mins to arrive at the Toledo-Vader exit off of I-5 - so if he left at 4:30 that would get him there about 6:36. Shantina called him at 6:45. At this point he was about 15 mins or so from Castle Rock, so he worked on his bike/talked to Shantina for less than 40 mins.

While I in no way believe RS had anything to do with Shantina's disappearance and AZ drowning, I do find it odd that he says at 4:30 " so I proceeds to Castle Rock". At 6:45 only due to the fact she made a subsequent call is he told the destination address!!! Huh? That's strange.
He left before he knew where he was going. Called twice at 4:30? Because he didn't recognize the number at first and didn't answer?

It appeared according to his statement that the reason she called was to find out if he was able to grab her phone. She assumed he was home for some reason. She was not expecting him to be on the road. After this she never called him back. Want to bet she took or hid his charger. Was her own phone request made as an excuse to find out where he was? She meant to leave her phone behind on purpose. She made plans that did not include RS. Of this I am absolutely positive.

Given the evidence that the local posters have given. The beach location was known to her in advance. These indicate premeditation. There is no way that she was later taken advantage of coincidentally, by a stranger due to time constrictions from her last stop and it's location. There is every indication that she was met by someone she knew in a prearranged plan. She did not merely abandon the vehicle on foot.

While I in no way believe RS had anything to do with Shantina's disappearance and AZ drowning, I do find it odd that he says at 4:30 " so I proceeds to Castle Rock". At 6:45 only due to the fact she made a subsequent call is he told the destination address!!! Huh? That's strange.
He left before he knew where he was going.

It appeared according to his statement that the reason she called was to find out if he was able to grab her phone. She assumed he was home for some reason. She was not expecting him to be on the road. After this she never called him back. Want to bet she took or hid his charger. Was her own phone request made as an excuse to find out where he was? She meant to leave her phone behind on purpose. She made plans that did not include RS. Of this I am absolutely positive.

Given the evidence that the local posters have given. The beach location was known to her in advance. These indicate premeditation. There is no way that she was later taken advantage of coincidentally, by a stranger due to time constrictions from her last stop and it's location. There is every indication that she was met by someone she knew in a prearranged plan. She did not merely abandon the vehicle on foot.

Hi Houndstooth,
You added things when you quoted my post - could you go back and edit post #170 indicating which parts you added? TIA!

Here is a picture from a video showing some of the things found in the van. I see a lighter - does she smoke? Does RS? What is the metal looking thing next to the lighter?

Attachments

• Items from van.jpg
    Items from van.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 599
Hi Houndstooth,
You added things when you quoted my post - could you go back and edit post #170 indicating which parts you added? TIA!

Yes. Sorry. I tried answering in Orange to highlight and on my preview it wasn't showing up. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, I promise!

I didn't notice it added them, but not in color. I will fix.

Yes. Sorry. I tried answering in Orange to highlight and on my preview it wasn't showing up. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, I promise!

I didn't notice it added them, but not in color. I will fix.

Awww thanks - no biggie. I just wanted it to be clear. Thanks!

According to Shantina's myspace blog, she met RS through myspace. Does anyone know when they met? I see they were living together in November of '07.

ETA: I found something that may be relevant, but I need to try to get an idea of when they met online and in person, if possible.

Heres what I found...

Simmons, 39, said he and Smiley met about 21/2 years ago online. She works at Kitsap Medical Group in Bremerton, he said. Simmons said he lives with Smiley and her son in Silverdale, along with his own two children – a 15-year-old daughter and a 10-year-old son.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/03/16/1173785/few-clues-in-search-for-mom-son.html#ixzz0djoa97tu

Here is a picture from a video showing some of the things found in the van. I see a lighter - does she smoke? Does RS? What is the metal looking thing next to the lighter?

Maybe these were the glove box contents. If I had to hazzard a guess, I'd say it looks like a garage remote maybe and a crack pipe. Considering there was a local bizarre case here a few months back that showed a coke can with a similar size hole in the middle of a metal cannister. ?? IDK

Could it be pepper spray?

It sorta resembles these "lipstick" pepper sprays. http://www.firsthomesecurity.com/peppersprays/images/lipstickspepper.jpg

My first instinct was that it was perfume. It looks like it has a pump similar, but then I realized it had no markings to be a perfume bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax