WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is at least odd that she and the child had no overnight bag. No pajamas, no shampoo, no change of clothes, on an overnight trip?

Yes I find that part very odd. Not even a change of undies, in case of an accident?

And no toys? Nothing to keep him occupied while he was there but a baseball and some coloring books? (Perhaps those things were in the van)

Of course, there could still be a bag, that hasn't be located. But I know my 7 year old (cub scout) would ask where his clothes were, if I didn't pack him one. (Not that I could possibly not pack anything, I have 2 other boys in addition to him 10months and 20 months. My minivan is stocked like a mini-house. )

And one more thing, why did she even take the minivan in the first place? I remember reading she had her own vehicle. Does anyone know if an explanation was offered as to why she had it? It was just her and AZ and not much luggage. Why not just take a car?

Yes I find that part very odd. Not even a change of undies, in case of an accident?

And no toys? Nothing to keep him occupied while he was there but a baseball and some coloring books? (Perhaps those things were in the van)

Of course, there could still be a bag, that hasn't be located. But I know my 7 year old (cub scout) would ask where his clothes were, if I didn't pack him one. (Not that I could possibly not pack anything, I have 2 other boys in addition to him 10months and 20 months. My minivan is stocked like a mini-house. )

And one more thing, why did she even take the minivan in the first place? I remember reading she had her own vehicle. Does anyone know if an explanation was offered as to why she had it? It was just her and AZ and not much luggage. Why not just take a car?
Either the bag is lost, or the trip was never intended. Or she was so iffy about the trip, she didn't bother to prepare. Yes, I agree none of it adds up in so far as what most people would do. As to the vehicle, I did not know if she had her own, or this was one she shared with her fiance, or what....Great input, thanks for this...

Their anniversary was September 2008. So in 6 months, if his previous girlfriend moved out in March 2007, he met someone new and she moved in -- that's fast -- in my opinion.

Well, it is at least odd that she and the child had no overnight bag. No pajamas, no shampoo, no change of clothes, on an overnight trip?

The police actually did confirm that she had her purse and an overnight bag.

The police actually did confirm that she had her purse and an overnight bag.

I've read others saying that as well although I never saw the confirmation myself, so I didn't want to repeat it as fact.

Not being nasty at all..but do you happen to have a link?

They were brought down on Monday. If he were spending the weekend and brought his own things down, that wouldn't have been necessary.

If he was going to spend the weekend, he'd have gone back Sunday night... and since he didn't, he needed clothes for Monday.

I don't see the issue.

Does anyone have the correct 46th St. S.E. location. Google maps give several possibilites for that. This would be the residence of last phone call. Just curious as to it's exact location on the map to track last path. TIA

If he was going to spend the weekend, he'd have gone back Sunday night... and since he didn't, he needed clothes for Monday.

I don't see the issue.

My understanding was he went back home on Sunday to retrieve scent items. Came back down with daughter. Is this the case?

There is no stated time in media accounts of time LE was called to file an MPR, is there? Usually there is a 24 hr window that must pass beforehand but, when the vehicle was found, it was tag traced and matched to the earlier call. Is that the correct order of events?

My understanding was he went back home on Sunday to retrieve scent items. Came back down with daughter. Is this the case?

There is no stated time in media accounts of time LE was called to file an MPR, is there? Usually there is a 24 hr window that must pass beforehand but, when the vehicle was found, it was tag traced and matched to the earlier call. Is that the correct order of events?

bbm

That is a myth. A lot of people think that, though.

There is no waiting period.

"Each State reporting under the provisions of this Act shall ensure that no law enforcement agency with the State establishes or maintains any policy that requires the observance of any waiting period before accepting a missing child or unidentified person report."

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpufaqs.htm

Does anyone have the correct 46th St. S.E. location. Google maps give several possibilites for that. This would be the residence of last phone call. Just curious as to it's exact location on the map to track last path. TIA

It would be 46th Ave. N.E. since Boston Harbor is in the northeast area of Olympia. Here's a map link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

The house she stopped at is 1 mile closer to Boston Harbor Rd. (I wasn't sure if it is permitted to post the house address.)

It would be 46th Ave. N.E. since Boston Harbor is in the northeast area of Olympia. Here's a map link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

The house she stopped at is 1 mile closer to Boston Harbor Rd. (I wasn't sure if it is permitted to post the house address.)

Thank you! I wouldn't have asked for the same reason except it is in the public domain (sorta) on the flier that was posted in Agent Ninety-nine's post above.

Thank you! I wouldn't have asked for the same reason except it is in the public domain (sorta) on the flier that was posted in Agent Ninety-nine's post above.

You're welcome ~

I'm just looking at the flyer and it would be confusing -- it should read NE for both 46th and Zangle rather than SE, which is incorrect.

RS claims in the flyer that she had a bag, IIRC.

It would certainly have helped if he or LE had described the bag, in case it were to appear on shore.

Their anniversary was September 2008. So in 6 months, if his previous girlfriend moved out in March 2007, he met someone new and she moved in -- that's fast -- in my opinion.

They were together at least as early as October '07; I saw a photo dated from then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70