Identified! WA - Skamania County, Male, 30-45, May'03 - Name Withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I submitted Depatie last year to Rocky at Doenetwork...he confirmed that it was not a match.

I left a voicemail with Reno PD regarding James D. Bailey a couple of days ago, and today I received a telephone message from a detective from Reno PD. She said that they were aware of the similarities between these two cases, have been trying to get DNA from JD Bailey's family for the last year and a half.

She thanked me for bringing it to her attention again, and hopefully they can bring this to a resolution soon.

That doesn't quite jibe with LSU's info. LSU says that the DNA is collected but pending. Reno PD says that they haven't been able to find family members to get DNA samples.

This guy showed up in DoeNet today:

James Dennis Bailey
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4304dmnv.html

2641527830045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2715781970045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2728964650045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

His height is slightly above the range (but not too far for skeletal remains).

but his facial shape is identical to the John Doe.

ETA: I sent an e-mail to Helen Bouzon of LSU faces lab, and she immediately responded as follows:

Hi Carl, I was just going through the resolved cases on The Charlie Project, and James Dennis Bailey's case is listed as resolved since August, 2009, I am assuming he was found alive. I do wish they would remove the solved cases off the books so that we do not spend so much time on a person that has been located.:banghead:

http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved54.html

Here's the reply from Helen Bouzon:

The agency has requested that we not release that information due to ongoing investigation.

Ooo... glad to know he's been identified and maybe we'll find out someday soon. :)

I wish I could see the photo of the guy to see how close the reconstruction was, and whether he really had such an extremely squared jawline.

I hope we can hear more about this gentleman soon. Glad he has his name back.

This was one of my pet cases long ago. What would be the reason not to reveal his name?

This was one of my pet cases long ago. What would be the reason not to reveal his name?

One guess would be that there's a crime involved in his disappearance and they don't want to alert the perp(s) that he's been located.

Did you ever hear back from them?
Did this turn out as a match or a rule out (or is that classified info)?

Anyway, the UID's namus page now says it's an identified case but the name is not given.
https://identifyus.org/cases/2054

Identified Case Information
Date entered November 29, 2010 at 02:01 PM
First name
Middle name
Last name
How was the person identified?
nucDNA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Information
Status Identified
Case number LSU 05-13
Date found June 19, 2004 at 12:00 AM
Date created June 11, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Date last modified January 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Date QA reviewed June 12, 2008 at 04:33 AM

Another link
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified11.html

His LBTH UID status hasn't been updated (yet), the link in the op still says he's unidentified.

Copying the info

Name: WA - John Doe 0037

Classification: Unidentified
Investigative Case #: 03-5593
NCIC #: U-020006653
Dental Charts Available: Y
DNA Available: Y
Skeletal Remains (y/n): Y
Located Date: 2004-06-19
Date of Death From: 2003-08-01
Area Found: Washougal, WA
Approximate Age: 30-45
Height: 67 to 72 inches
Weight: 0 pounds
Race: White
Complexion: Medium
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Identifying Characteristics: Possible race of White/Hispanic or White/Am. Indian.
Jewelry: Gold chain necklace with hollow gold nugget pendant.
Circumstances: Unknown. Victim's remains were located on June 19, 2004 in a wooded area in the vicinity of Harder Rd., just north of Sky Rd. in Washougal, WA. Cause of death has not yet been released.
Primary Investigating Agency

Investigative Agency: Skamania County Sheriff's Office
Phone: (509) 427-9490

Maybe we shouldn't discuss his identity if LE or the family don't want it known.

Edit:
Never mind, quote from another thread
Identified! WA - Washougal - Hisp,NatAmer, or Asian Male- Necklace w/Gold Nugget Pendant - Aug'03 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Posted by CarlK
Here's the reply from Helen Bouzon:

Quote:
The agency has requested that we not release that information due to ongoing investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back