WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much, but this article has a touch more info on that police command center. Looks like the focus of the investigation has definitely changed focal points from Bellevue to Redmond.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/news/133391228.html

If they've still got a command center just outside of her apartment building, it makes me think they expect to find something there.

Then, keeping in mind he would not only have to open the car door, but close it after he got out...so his handprints would be on the outside of the car door, where he would have to push with his hands to close it. Also, must assume that this child chose to exit the car on the side away from all the cars passing by, to avoid being run over and to avoid being seen by possible rescuers. Then, freed, he went ????.

:praying:[/QUOTE]

Nice points. What 2 year-old do you know (who's freaking out because he doesn't know where mommy and his sister went) will stop to close the car door before going to look for them? Police don't say any of the doors were left open....

what the hell? "THEY" left him in the car a different time?!?!

yes, link provided in previous posts but here is another one . . .

Complicating matters is a prior incident at the Redmond Target store two years ago, where the parents left the same child, then just a baby, sleeping in his car seat as the two shopped. An onlooker called police. Sky was left alone for nearly an hour.

The boy's father admits it was a stupid mistake and can't imagine how his ex could have done it again.

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

I may have misunderstood...Why did mom/dad leave Sky in the car by himself..TWICE, But never the daughter? Color me confused.

1st excuse was he was asleep in the car when they went into Target - described in linked supplied in above post.

If her allegations of abuse are true I wonder if Sky being a male child was the trigger for his anger---is it possible that one he had a son keeping a wife and daughter was less a priority?
Then it could be that she resented the baby for the violence?

I'd like to know if these children have passports and if the courts took the kids passports during the custody proceedings.

We simply just don't know at this point. We are all confused with you!

And also, the domestic incident supposedly stemmed from the fact that mom allowed son to sleep in... I don't know how this fits - just noting this in case pieces of a puzzle start coming together.

According to this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45191370/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/#.Trh1tkOXu7s

Complicating matters is a prior incident at the Redmond Target store two years ago, where the parents left the same child, then just a baby, sleeping in his car seat as the two shopped. An onlooker called police. Sky was left alone for nearly an hour. (my comment - where was the daughter?)

The boy's father admits it was a stupid mistake and can't imagine how his ex could have done it again.

So, we do know the parents had left little Sky in the car in a previous incident -- he was asleep in the car. They were sentenced to parenting classes stemming from this 1st incident as per other articles supplied today.

police said they were working to redact an incident report for release under the state's public records act.

The case was dismissed early this year after the pair agreed to a year of probation, 40 hours of community service and a 10-week parenting class, said Ian Goodhew, a spokesman for the King County Prosecutor's Office.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...-boy-had-been-cited-2256698.php#ixzz1d4LAZ4LP

Maybe instead of buying a $50-80K Escalade, they could have hired a nanny.

Given everything else I reluctant to play Devil's Advocate, but... at the time of this incident, Sky was a newborn. Sleep deprivation and the massive changes to their routine likely played a huge part. I've known more than one caring parent who, in the early days, would get ready to go somewhere and forget to include the newborn (hey, at least they remembered before leaving the house), and a few who wrangled the kids out, got halfway across the parking lot and realised they were a kid short. My own father did it once- we got most of the way through a meal at McDonald's when he remembered that Sister wasn't home with my mother like she usually was. It is surprisingly common (not in an "every parent does it" way, but you probably know somebody it nearly happened to), but nobody wants to talk about it. Which is a shame, because I think honesty will breed awareness and reduce incidents, but that's a whole other topic. Now, given mom apparently did it a second time(which I don't but, but whatever), that's just a whole other bag of a WTFery.

I'd like to know if these children have passports and if the courts took the kids passports during the custody proceedings.

That's an interesting question, but I think if his passport had been used then that would be easy enough to track down.

I have a really bad feeling about little Sky. :(

Given everything else I reluctant to play Devil's Advocate, but... at the time of this incident, Sky was a newborn. Sleep deprivation and the massive changes to their routine likely played a huge part. I've known more than one caring parent who, in the early days, would get ready to go somewhere and forget to include the newborn (hey, at least they remembered before leaving the house), and a few who wrangled the kids out, got halfway across the parking lot and realised they were a kid short. My own father did it once- we got most of the way through a meal at McDonald's when he remembered that Sister wasn't home with my mother like she usually was. It is surprisingly common (not in an "every parent does it" way, but you probably know somebody it nearly happened to), but nobody wants to talk about it. Which is a shame, because I think honesty will breed awareness and reduce incidents, but that's a whole other topic. Now, given mom apparently did it a second time(which I don't but, but whatever), that's just a whole other bag of a WTFery.

MAYBE.... but they admitted to leaving him b/c he was asleep and they thought they would just let him keep sleeping. So it was intentional.

According to this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45191370/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/#.Trh1tkOXu7s

Complicating matters is a prior incident at the Redmond Target store two years ago, where the parents left the same child, then just a baby, sleeping in his car seat as the two shopped. An onlooker called police. Sky was left alone for nearly an hour.

So, we do know the parents had left little Sky in the car in a previous incident -- he was asleep in the car.

They were sentenced to parenting classes stemming from this 1st incident as per other articles supplied today.

There is something really wrong with TWO parents needing to spend an entire hour in Target when their sleeping 3 mo old was left alone in a cold car with 27 degree temperatures. First, three month olds are NOT hard to carry-sleeping or not. Secondly, the fact that one of the two parents did not stay in the car with it running if the child was sleeping lends some credibility to moms story of dad possibly being abusive and overbearing.

jmo

I wouldn't leave my dogs alone in the car on a cold day,let alone an infant! Just saying.

"He responded that she had mental health problems and was involuntarily committed to a mental clinic in 2010. But earlier this year a social worker with state Child Protective Services reported that caregivers found her to be in good mental health and an appropriate caregiver for the children.

CPS received six referrals about the family from late 2009 to late 2010, state officials reported in court documents."

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=1062749

There is something really wrong with TWO parents needing to spend an entire hour in Target when their sleeping 3 mo old was left alone in a cold car with 27 degree temperatures. First, three month olds are NOT hard to carry-sleeping or not. Secondly, the fact that one of the two parents did not stay in the car with it running if the child was sleeping lends some credibility to moms story of dad possibly being abusive and overbearing.

jmo

bbm

Cubby, I look at it differently. For some reason, I believe the father here that this mother is a bit dramatic. I think he may have deferred to her regarding leaving him in the car... like maybe she wore the pants in the relationship? JMO

jmo

Or, in my humble opinion, both parents being selfish. Both parents left that baby in the car and shopped for that long. I know that men can be abusive, but I doubt that he would have demanded that she leave the baby in the car. This was an outing for the two of them, and they left the baby behind. Sometimes parents think, we will be just a moment inside - we know exactly what we want. Let's not wake the little one, let's just hurry in and out. With her losing this beautiful little boy this time, I am leaning towards it not being just "an abusive" spouse that made her do it the first time.

"he responded that she had mental health problems and was involuntarily committed to a mental clinic in 2010. But earlier this year a social worker with state child protective services reported that caregivers found her to be in good mental health and an appropriate caregiver for the children.

cps received six referrals about the family from late 2009 to late 2010, state officials reported in court documents."

http://www.ksro.com/news/article.aspx?id=1062749
omg wts

So not liking any of this and wanting to know what is going on with mom. We have a non-working mother who still has money, runs out of gas, has no gas cans of her own, incident at Target, cell phone issues, child missing under ridiculous circumstances, mother supposedly "working with" LE. All sounds all too familiar if you ask me. If they seize duct tape I am losing it.

Ugly thought here, but what is in the "Trash Room?" My guess would be an incinerator. :(

My question is now:

Is this a case of the courts and CPS dropping the ball yet again and leaving the child in the care of an unfit parent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf