WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to "resist the temptation to label Julia as a person of interest."

Telling.

I love that this guy repeats the question before answering! That would have certainly helped in other cases. I can actually hear the questions, but in other pressers I could not. LOVE this LE!

The new pic of Sky doesn't look different to me - but WOW the new pic of Julia looks completely different from her posed pics.

Can somebody post a screenshot? I'm at the hospital with DH...

Thank you so much for relaying the information from the press conference! I had to miss it. :( i'm hopeful!

Have you identified anyone other than Julia? "No new suspect or person of interest has surfaced to date. No."

Our investigative efforts have led us around the globe and there is no reason to lead us to believe than to look in our back yard.

I watched his body language/expressions when they asked if they narrowed the timeline down. IMO, based on his eyes, face, and enthusiastic nodding, I feel that Sky disappeared during the week prior to the Sunday car incident.

Using a picture board.
Good afternoon.
Investigative recap: We've searched and canvassed the two locations that Sky was last seen. We've interviewed the people. We've reached out to Sky's mother again today and unfortunately we have not been able to get any information. Tips. I'm pleased to report that some of those tips have been helpful but I won't be able to say exactly how.

In an effort to maintain an interest and awareness in the case new pictures are now being released. The pictures people have seen may not accurately reflect how Sky looks. The board shows how Sky look more recently (he points at two). He also points out the clothing that Julia is wearing, a gray sweatsuit, that Julia was wearing on the 6th. Julia and Sky would look like the newly released photos on the day that Sky disappeared. He thanks the media for broadcasting these photos.

The photos were taken at local retailers, but he won't disclose exactly where they were taken. The timeline of this incident has been narrowed down a bit.

Q: What does the timeline tell us in regards to the exact time and date of is disappearance, and that's something he can go into right now.

Q: How does Julia look different in these photos? He feels that Julia looks considerably different than she did on the social media sites which is why he wants to get it out there.

He returned the car to Julia's brother yesterday. That's who will be driving it from this time forward, we assume. They may have put gas in the car yesterday for the brother. Asking about a test drive yesterday.

Won't elaborate on what has changed from day 1 to day 10.
Q: Why in the face of suspicious circumstances regarding the mother, why hasn't she been brought in? It's a tactical, strategic decision, one that we're considering but not ready to act on again.

They weren't able to speak to the attorney this morning, they are trying to contact the attorney again.

They haven't had any response from Julia which is why they haven't received any additional photos from her. The ones they had before are the ones provided by Julia. The surveillance photos show a much different looking Julia and Sky has a different haircut.

They have grounds to arrest her but their concern has always been to solve the bigger picture. He has to resist the temptation to put a label on Julia but his statement still stands about her falling apart. (I may have missed some)

Resources have expanded considerably.
No new suspect or person of interest information has surfaced today.
Our investigative efforts have led us literally around the globe and so far we don't have any reason to believe the answer lies any further away than our own backyard.

How much longer can we continue at the pace with resources at the current level. He doesn't know, we haven't thought about pulling the plug on anything. We'll keep staying that course.
The surveillance photos were taken in the hours and days leading up to Sky's disappearance.

Ha. The reporter just whispered, "interesting" when looking at the still shots of Julia with her hair up.

the pictures they showed of Julia was similar to the grey sheat suit she was wearing when Sky was reported missing.

She looks really distraught (moo), this looks like she was at a bank or something..he would not say where it was taken..

So glad LE has given the pics of Julia around time of disappearance..she looks very different than her other photos

Newbie question, I'm afraid...

Is it standard procedure for LE to NOT release copies of the photos to press? They have to take photos/video of the board to utilize in their releases - wouldn't that diminish the quality of the pics? Kinda like making a photocopy of a photocopy of a fax?

I did not see pictures of the kids in the still shots of Julia / or did I miss seeing them?! Other times when she left them home alone? :furious:

the pictures they showed of Julia was similar to the grey sheat siut she was wearing when Sky was reported missing.

She looks really distraught (moo), this looks like she was at a bank or something..he would not say where it was taken..

Yeah, she looks a little disheveled.

Newbie question, I'm afraid...

Is it standard procedure for LE to NOT release copies of the photos to press? They have to take photos/video of the board to utilize in their releases - wouldn't that diminish the quality of the pics? Kinda like making a photocopy of a photocopy of a fax?

It's curious. I wonder if it's tactical?

On another note: they don't want to release the locations of the video. To me that must be to protect the integrity of the case.

So, they want untainted witnesses? Or are they sending Julia a final message directly: gotchya? And by not releasing the locations, it would make it easier for her to slip up and try and cover her tracks with lies when finally questioned?

Can somebody post a screenshot? I'm at the hospital with DH...

I hope you're husband's okay.

I think by the time you get home surely media websites will have the pics posted. The media all ran up to the poster displaying the new photos with their cell phone cameras after the PC was over.

In summary, on her facebook photos she looks like money, and in these actual photos she looks like a woman who is truly on the skids. Her hair is dirty, it's two different colors - dark brown and bleach blond, and she is wearing a sweatsuit.

Often when you see a stranger, you only have a mental impression of what they look like, not exact descriptions of clothing, hair length, etc.

Her facebook photos look like someone you'd very much like to meet, these new ones - you'd avoid this woman if possible.

My guess is, they'll get lots of helpful new leads from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne