WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomon: Well, the first thing I want to say is that on this Sunday, we're going to do a national day of prayer for all the missing kids that go missing in this world. What we want to do on this coming Sunday, we want you to light up a candle, it doesn't matter what faith you are. We just want you to come in remembrance of the other dads that didn't get to take their son to the baseball field. All the moms that didn't get to go shopping with their kids. All the grandmothers that didn't get to make that special treat. All the grandfathers that didn't get to tell them all the war stories. All the aunts and uncles that just wanted to buy them stuff. I got this in my heart last week to pray for all those people and just yesterday we came out with why don't we just get together and take this time on Sunday and just remember those kids that have been lost and maybe something can happen.

Q: Clay, Any plane rides going to Eastern Europe with small kids on them that you're aware of, or train rides out of the area?
C: No, we've discussed it with the police and the FBI, of course we would do that, but that's an investigation they're handling and we're not gonna get in to that. Even if we could, we know nothing.

Solomon , I'm sorry to hear about your baby boy and we're gonna do whatever we can. I understand the police say “as long as we continue to get the tips, we just need tips and tips and more tips.” That that is very helpful.

Q: And right now you have your eye on the prize of getting your little girl back, don't you?
S: Amen

Q: If they don't find your son, and this is an awful question to ask, but I have to ask it, and if they pronounced him dead at some point, even if they don't find him. Julia has committed a horrible crime which she will go to a horrible place for, and around here they like to call it the grey-bar hotel.
Would you like to see her go to prison if they don't find your little boy?
A: Would I like to see her go to prison? (long pause) That's a very very hard question. Of course, I wouldn't want no one to go to prison. But, if,um, that's a horrible question.
Q: Are you mad at her?
A: I am saddened that she has taken action in anger. That's what makes me sad. And, no, I'm not, people really need to address their anger in a very healthy way and hopefully now the world can see what happens when you don't address your anger.

Q: And finally, she said it to this ABC reporter and I think she's gonna try to tell the world that you know where Sky is and that you set her up. Do you know where Sky is tonight, this afternoon?
S: You're a dad, if you had a day off, and you knew where your son is going to be? Would you run to your son or would you just go and play hooky?
Q: I wouldn't have to have a day off, yeah
S: You've answered my question pretty good.
Q: We've heard reports that she's been hospitalized three times for her OCD condition. Is that true?
C: Yes, and this is very severe. This is not something that's just a minor, she was able to convince a court commissioner that she was healed but she was not. She has OCD, she's been diagnosed as depressed and also with bipolar. And it's a bad combination, and it's a bad combination for someone who has a child. Who is compulsive to the nth degree, which she is.
Q: Anything else you'd like to add?
C: Solomon is so devoted to his church and to his god that he is really serious about asking everyone to ask their pastors and their ministers and their priests to add a little prayer, light a little candle on this Sunday, and pray for all these missing children, including his little boy, Sky.

R: Solomon it's really important that you continue to get out and go door to door. You can see all the media that showed up today that covered this story and as long as you keep this on the front page, and as long as you keep it on the front page we got a good chance to find your son. It's up to you, you've got to carry this burden. You've done a great job helping out today, from one dad to another.

S: To all the dads and moms out there. Take the time to love your kids, take the time to listen to their stories. Yeah. Just take that time.

No tip is too small, and these guys are so smart, they put these tips together and they solve a case.
We're gonna find Sky, we really are.

You never know what you will put up with until put in that situation. I am surprised at how many people realize that women can be abused in this manner, but they are surprised that a man can also be in an abusive situation! Why do we question that a man can be vulnerable too?
RSBM
:tyou: To you and all the women whom have shared their own survival stories. I know it isn't easy to travel back to those days. I am so incredibly awed that women who have found themselves at the hand of an abusive man can not only look beyond that pain objectively, with amazing dignity, but also recognize DV is an epidemic that reaches to both genders.

It would be too easy to simply hate men and never defend another one in our lifetime. The fact that we don't is a testament to sheer strength in my opinion.

(Sorry for the off topic! You ladies just rock and I had to say sumpin'. ;))

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=36139&p=&n=

97.3 News talk Radio

Mark Cavener, executive director, Washington Domestic Violence Commission

Very interesting information! This originally followed SM radio appearance.

Wow this has some really specific information on JB that has NOT been reported elsewhere. Also, potentially gives us some insight as to the decisions made by the court. JMO

She was taking Respiridone, which is used for psychosis and/or mania. Per this interview.

Yes, and I believe the second medication he said was Paroxetine. He said she was on three different meds, but I don't believe he ever said the third one. They also talk about her GAF score.

I wonder if it was the mediation that triggered the faked disappearance of Sky. It isn't a sure thing that he was alive up until that point. I believe that JB was not going to bother with hiding Sky somewhere so she could get him later. She doesn't appear to be one who plans ahead with a set of goals and an agenda. She seems to be so focused on herself that I doubt she had any compassion for anyone else. She is cold. I think she felt sure of herself and that she could fool everybody.
I feel sorry for SM and for MM. Their anguish will intensify when Sky is finally found.
IMO

BBM IMO it's likely it's what prompted her reporting it, anyways, I feel like it was done badly. it's not hard to actually run out of gas and she MUST have known they'd check..?!!?

She was taking Respiridone, which is used for psychosis and/or mania. Per this interview.

they will prescribe it in cases of severe OCD too. it helps with racing thoughts apparently (I've never taken it but that is how it was explained to me)

I'm afraid he was gone prior to the mediation. She tried to hard during mediation to keep SM from seeing them and even offering to stop child support if they could move away. I think she thought that she could disagree long enough and they would continue the mediation to another day. This would allow her more time to plan. I wish they would have said during the radio interview when SM first visit was scheduled. JMO

Yes, and I believe the second medication he said was Paroxetine. He said she was on three different meds, but I don't believe he ever said the third one. They also talk about her GAF score.

that's one most often prescribed for OCD I believe, as it's very calming. it has very bad effects if you dont wean yourself off of it when you stop taking it, wasnt JB non med compliant? if she was on paroxetine and kept stopping and starting it, no wonder she's had such issues over the last however long.

Both of my kids have been on both, the racing thoughts my daughter had were due to her bipolar, respiridol was tried to help with the mania (which was racing thoughts and extreme aggression)
My son was prescribed it for OCD, given respiridol in the hospital as a last resort, I think just to quiet him down. He is on no meds at this time and doing very well.
The Paxil could have been for depression as well-if she was bipolar and taking paxil but no mood stabilizer or anti-psychotic like respiridol, her mania would get much worse and she could become psychotic. Bipolar patients are NEVER treated w/SSRI'a w/out a mood stabilizer. There is a possiblity that she did not take her meds correctly.

so according to mark cavener from the link, there is now a pending lawsuit against the commissioner who handled solomon metalwala and julia biryukova's case? did i hear that correctly?

I thought they said her GAF score was 15? Is that what you heard?

http://www.gafscore.com/

''20
|
|
11 Some danger of hurting self or others (e.g., suicide attempts without clear expectation of death; frequently violent; manic excitement) OR occasionally fails to maintain minimal personal hygiene (e.g., smears feces) OR gross impairment in communication (e.g., largely incoherent or mute).''

Solomon Metalwala shares family history, details of wife's mental illness

In his numerous press appearances, Solomon Metalwala tries to stay upbeat and positive.
But he admits to moments of despair.
"Saturday morning, I just woke up with a big burden on my shoulder," says Metalwala. "It was a hard morning."
Two weeks after Sky disappeared, Metalwala still won't allow himself to believe that his son is dead.
"My hopeful theory is that Sky is safe someplace, warm, getting fat, lots of toys around him," he says.
It seems so long ago when he and Julia Biryukova met and fell in love.
"This is a funny situation," he says. "I saw Julia at a gas station. As you know, Julia is very pretty. So I just gave her one of my cards, and she called me."
Advertise | AdChoices

About ten years later, Metalwala says he started noticing her symptoms of mental illness. In a court filing obtained by KING 5, Metalwala claimed "Julia was like a prisoner who locked herself into a cell block. She began to have dreams about killing our children, even telling me of her dreams of strangling our youngest child."
More court documents show while Julia was involuntarily committed, doctors claimed she had a low GAF of global assessment of functioning scale, just a 15 on a scale of 1 to 100.
According to the University of Washington, that number means a person is in danger of hurting themselves or others.
Metalwala says her illness would come and go. When we asked about the surveillance photos of Julia, taken before Sky disappeared, he says he noticed how different she looked in the photos compared to those posted on social media websites.
"I've seen that look before," Metalwala says. "That's the time we begged her to get help."
Metalwala is asking the public for a day of prayer for this Sunday, November 27th. He wants people not only to pray for Sky, but for missing children across the country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45397669/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/#.Tstl8mPhdGU

Thanks for the link KristiL

Julia had a low Gaf Score (global assessment of functioning): 15/100

(11 - 20 Some danger of hurting self or others (e.g., suicide attempts without clear expectation of death; frequently violent; manic excitement) OR occasionally fails to maintain minimal personal hygiene (e.g., smears feces) OR gross impairment in communication (e.g., largely incoherent or mute).
from Global Assessment of Functioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=36139&p=&n=

that's one most often prescribed for OCD I believe, as it's very calming. it has very bad effects if you dont wean yourself off of it when you stop taking it, wasnt JB non med compliant? if she was on paroxetine and kept stopping and starting it, no wonder she's had such issues over the last however long.

I can't recall in SM Declaration if he stated she was non med compliant. I would think before the court gave her custody back she would of had to prove that she was compliant and her condition was improved. Maybe she was for awhile and then went off of them again.

so according to mark cavener from the link, there is now a pending lawsuit against the commissioner who handled solomon metalwala and julia biryukova's case? did i hear that correctly?

Yes there is a pending lawsuit against the commissioner(s) due to other similar decisions-only 2% of these hearings are heard by actual judges, if the people have enough money to pay for that.

I'm afraid he was gone prior to the mediation. She tried to hard during mediation to keep SM from seeing them and even offering to stop child support if they could move away. I think she thought that she could disagree long enough and they would continue the mediation to another day. This would allow her more time to plan. I wish they would have said during the radio interview when SM first visit was scheduled. JMO

I agree with you. After listening to the radio interview, I think she borrowed the car about the time she disappeared Sky. She asked to take the kids to AZ or Russia about a week before the mediation, according to Clay Terry. From what I understand the visitation was supposed to happen the same week that she said she'd abandoned Sky in the car because they'd come to an agreement at mediation. She knew she had to do something because Solomon was due to see Sky within days. I agree, also, that she tried to drag the mediation out to carry it over to another day.

I can't recall in SM Declaration if he stated she was non med compliant. I would think before the court gave her custody back she would of had to prove that she was compliant and her condition was improved. Maybe she was for awhile and then went off of them again.

I can tell you from experience that it is very easy to be fooled, especially if the person is bipolar. Antipsychotics have unpleasant side effects such as weight gain, sleepiness, and others-and when they are manic they are euphoric-they think they are doing great, they don't need their meds. They can also be very manipulative. My daughter, who I WOULD WATCH as she took her meds, would later spit them out. She was able to fool us, and the doctors, until she was almost psychotic. He may not have known that she was not med compliant, and I don't think he dared ask her.

Metalwala says her illness would come and go. When we asked about the surveillance photos of Julia, taken before Sky disappeared, he says he noticed how different she looked in the photos compared to those posted on social media websites.
"I've seen that look before," Metalwala says. "That's the time we begged her to get help."

Who is the "we" SM is referring to? I am disgusted on so many levels. Someone else besides SM knew how sick JB is. Yet, he/she/they did nothing to help Sky and MM? I am not taking responsibility off of JB, but how could someone look away without at least making an anonymous call to CPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave