WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a captivating post gitana1 and you must be very proud of your lineage. So much of that history is lost in recent generations and that is just a travesty. It can have such a strong impact on a young person trying to identify who they are and where they are from.

Every child gets cranky when they are hungry, so the fact that NB mentioned that doesn't really strike me as strange. What does irk me about her email is that she says she's all heart broken over Sky's disappearance and that she doesn't believe anyone has or could hurt him. Then why isn't she trying her clear Julia's name or help hang posters, etc...?

Thank you Surfie! Don't know how I missed this. I will say though it is a bit confusing. It appears that Detectives have inquired about the landfills and transfer stations -- because in the notes under the briefing, it LE says they have not searched them yet. But maybe they are close to getting it done.

Or did I completely misread the article and presser notes?

Salem

LE has said that some of Julia's family members are cooperating with the investigation, but LE is not releasing their identity to the public. Better to keep Julia off balance, wondering who is with her and who's against her. She really can't depend on anyone around her, which is perfect. Even if Julia's family is not out in public, it doesn't mean they support her.

LE has said that some of Julia's family members are cooperating with the investigation, but LE is not releasing their identity to the public. Better to keep Julia off balance, wondering who is with her and who's against her. She really can't depend on anyone around her, which is perfect. Even if Julia's family is not out in public, it doesn't mean they support her.

I agree. However, whether or not they support her, they can still get out there and hang fliers and search for Sky.

And then again, there is also a very good chance they consider Julia at high risk of being suicidal and don't want to contribute anything to push her over that possible edge.

Thank you Surfie! Don't know how I missed this. I will say though it is a bit confusing. It appears that Detectives have inquired about the landfills and transfer stations -- because in the notes under the briefing, it LE says they have not searched them yet. But maybe they are close to getting it done.

Or did I completely misread the article and presser notes?

Salem

IIRC after the information came out about the landfill(s) being searched, LE corrected the MSM information and indicated the trash has been seperated. I was left thinking they were either waiting to narrow the timeline, which they have since said they narrowed but would not be specific as to how, or they were keeping the search in the landfill underwraps.

IMO if they believed Sky was in the landfill/trash they had seperated they might not wait to search because the longer he was their the more likely forensics would decompose. I can't see them waiting on searching indefinately and of course there is always the possibility they narrowed the timeline allowing them to exclude the possibility Sky was in the seperated trash deeming a search unnecessary.

hth and jmo

It breaks my heart Sky missed Thanksgiving.

And there is nothing indicating he won't miss Christmas too. :cry:

Gitana1 ..thanks much for sharing your family's stories. My father was a prosecutor for the German and Japanese war trials. The horrors were unfathomable to me. He described them as being so much worse than history books detail.

I believe our trials in life make us much stronger ..if we survive them.

I agree. However, whether or not they support her, they can still get out there and hang fliers and search for Sky.

And then again, there is also a very good chance they consider Julia at high risk of being suicidal and don't want to contribute anything to push her over that possible edge.

I don't know why grammie doesn't help (other than to send these e-mails). If I had to reflect on what my mother would do, it would be nothing as far as getting out and searching. She loved her grandchildren, but always let it be known that they are OUR responsibility - not hers. If I managed to lose one, she'd hit me upside the head and tell me to do the right thing. But she wouldn't talk to media, and she definitely wouldn't hang any fliers. I remember when Laci went missing and she was mortified that people were putting up fliers like she was a lost dog.

but the one thing my mother would do is open the door wide open for LE if she suspected that I had anything to do with it. Right after she hit me with her frying pan.

My mom was from the South and didn't take no carp off of any of us. She could also tell if we were lying -- so I didn't get away with much. I can't imagine if I disappeared my child. Forget the cops - watch out for mama!

Anyway - just trying to reconcile why grandma isn't doing much. It's not all the suprising to me.

MOO

Mel

<snipped>

I would like to be able to date when M got her haircut. I know the flickr account is now private, but did any locals recognize the salon? It looked to be a place just for kids with the fun seats, like a Kids Kutz. There was a picture of the woman who cut her hair. I wonder if LE has already spoken to her?

I actually looked at the date of those photos because I thought maybe JB was changing M's appearance to hide her away somewhere...it was June 15, 2011.

ilovepierre..I think the reporter on that had to get a translator and was grasping for lots of straws. Not sure if this is julia''s fathers love interest or not..I seem to recall that julias mother said her husband left her in the US alone with 2 children and ran off with a prostitute.

The media was not getting news from LE so they tried russia..hehehe

I actually looked at the date of those photos because I thought maybe JB was changing M's appearance to hide her away somewhere...it was June 15, 2011.

I know it said June 15, 2011. I think it even said the camera type, implying that the date came directly from the date stamp on the camera. BUT that date stamp from the camera can be changed directly on the camera to any date, even after the picture is taken. I found that in the manual to that particular camera. So I'm not sure how I feel about that June 15th date. We had a late summer this year and it was unusually cold in June. I looked up the weather and it was 62 and overcast here that day. I'm not sure if I believe that was the right date.

I don't know if it means anything. But it's odd. :waitasec:

I would love for one of our legal experts to explain why LE can't drag JB in and interrogate her. I know it is her right not to speak to them but I would love to see them at least try. It is unbelievable to me that she can admit to abandoning her son on the side of the road, lie about why she left him there and the police have no way of questioning her. What am I missing?

Doesn't it boil down to the right to remain silent? I read that she worked with LE into the evening hours on the day Sky went missing. I can imagine that at some point her story was not adding up at all, and LE perhaps got a bit more testy and forceful with her. I can imagine at some point they became suspicious and were required to read her her Miranda Right to Counsel and to Remain Silent as to avoid self-incrimination. And she chose both -get my attorney, and I ain't talkin'.

At the end of the day, the only reason I can think of that the mother of a missing child would choose to remain silent is due to her culpability in the disappearance.

IMO, if you plead the fifth, you're guilty. If you're innocent, wouldn't you WANT to be talking to the police and helping them do whatever it takes to clear your name? Guilty people plead the fifth, innocent people don't. That's JMO though.

Yes, at the beginning, Julia was talking to LE. But she was telling her account of what happened the day Sky disappeared. As LE figured out that her story had holes in it, she shut right up and she's probably been pleading the fifth since then. Bad mistake on her part, I think.

I read a news article earlier today that said that Sky's grandmother/great grandmother has been talking to the police and she is pointing fingers at SM being responsible.I don't know if they're talking about NB though. Apparently, this relative lives in the Ukraine right now.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/sky-metalwala/Biryukova-relatives-in-Ukraine-134364563.html

Respectfully BBM and just bouncing off your post. :seeya:

If this is true (that the relative is pointing the finger at SM being responsible) I'd like to hear his/her explanation on how SM pulled this off. SM just happened to be stalking Julia on a Sunday morning on the off chance that Sky would get sick and Julia would be leaving the apartment to take Sky to the ER. He hoped against hope she'd make a choice to leave her cell phone at home so if her car ran out of gas, he could steal a kid. He followed her knowing that she'd run out of gas without actually running out of gas. It's magical disappearing/reappearing gas! He crossed his fingers that Julia would choose to walk a mile in one direction for gas, instead of walking the mile in the other direction for the hospital with Sky. He prayed she'd leave at least one of the children in the car, the same car that still had gas, and that she'd leave the younger, allegedly sicker, most vulnerable child. He hoped she wouldn't ring a single doorbell or stop at the church for help. And then he snuck Sky out of the car without being seen by a single person and then he made Sky go poof.

All this I listed above makes more sense to this relative than their relative with 'extreme' mental health issues, (extreme OCD, bipolar, psychiatric holds and whatnot) who has clearly lied about why she abandoned her car where she did, and (according to the lying Julia) allegedly abandoned her sick child with the car, and who won't lift a finger to help LE find her son ... Uh, hello, don't you think (by you, I mean the relative) that Julia was doing all this (very bad) lying and not helping LE because JULIA DISSAPPEARED SKY?! :furious:

Sorry. Lost it there for a second...

IMO, if you plead the fifth, you're guilty. If you're innocent, wouldn't you WANT to be talking to the police and helping them do whatever it takes to clear your name? Guilty people plead the fifth, innocent people don't. That's JMO though.

Yes, at the beginning, Julia was talking to LE. But she was telling her account of what happened the day Sky disappeared. As LE figured out that her story had holes in it, she shut right up and she's probably been pleading the fifth since then. Bad mistake on her part, I think.

Right or not, I agree...I can't imagine any reason except for guilt to either plead the 5th or avoid talking to police, when your child is missing. The constitution would be so far from my mind it would not be on my radar at all. If someone told me I did not have to talk to police, and I was innocent, I would think they were insane for even mentioning it. JMO

She could also tell if we were lying -- so I didn't get away with much. I can't imagine if I disappeared my child. Forget the cops - watch out for mama!

Snipped

Sorry, this made me LOL! My Mom was the same way. There was no way to lie to her. Forget polygraphs, just send in my Mom. :floorlaugh:

Respectfully, not really "at the beginning" in reality Julia only talked to LE the day she reported Sky's disappearance. IIRC it was 6 hours or so. She has not spoken with them since. Her attorney has not replied to any of LE's requests or telephone calls since a few days after his disappearance.

It speaks volumes to me. Any parent not directly involved in their childs disappearance would not shut the door on LE as entirely as Julia AND her attorney have.

jmo

Doesn't it boil down to the right to remain silent? I read that she worked with LE into the evening hours on the day Sky went missing. I can imagine that at some point her story was not adding up at all, and LE perhaps got a bit more testy and forceful with her. I can imagine at some point they became suspicious and were required to read her her Miranda Right to Counsel and to Remain Silent as to avoid self-incrimination. And she chose both -get my attorney, and I ain't talkin'.

At the end of the day, the only reason I can think of that the mother of a missing child would choose to remain silent is due to her culpability in the disappearance.

I'm not a lawyer or in LE, but if you are voluntarily talking to the police--like Casey Anthony at Universal, or even at the police department, as I'm assuming Julia and Solomon were--and you haven't been taken into custody, do they have to Mirandize you?

I agree with your culpability assessment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member