WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most feel the holiday season is a time for families to be together. But a judge will have to make a decision Monday on where 4-year-old M Metalwala will spend her Christmas and maybe beyond.

M brother, Sky, went missing Nov. 6. The kids’ mother, Julia Biryukova claimed her 2-year-old son was kidnapped after she left him in an unlocked car when her car ran out of gas in Bellevue.

She took her daughter and walked to a gas station to call a family friend. When they returned to the car, Sky was gone.

M was immediately put into foster care and a judge ruled on Nov. 10 that she stay in foster care until a dependency hearing this Monday in King County Superior Court.

But a national family court reform organization, Fathers and Families, has launched a campaign, demanding the court to return the girl to her father.

The Boston-based organization is urging the public to call the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services and King County Superior Court to give Metalwala sole custody of his daughter.
http://www.redmond-reporter.com/news/134849513.html

and another snip:

Solomon has had four separate two-hour visits with his daughter since his son disappeared, and is permitted telephone contact with her every day, said Terry.

and another snip:

Solomon has had four separate two-hour visits with his daughter since his son disappeared, and is permitted telephone contact with her every day, said Terry.

Sad. That sure isn't a lot of time. I realize CPS is doing this in the best interest of the daughter but it is so heartwrenching.

Interesting JB has not made an effort to see her daughter. Where have we see that before? Maybe JB and THorman can do coffee.

Sad. That sure isn't a lot of time. I realize CPS is doing this in the best interest of the daughter but it is so heartwrenching.

Interesting JB has not made an effort to see her daughter. Where have we see that before? Maybe JB and THorman can do coffee.

Yep, sure brings back reminders about Kyron's wicked stepmother.

~jmo~

From Nurse's link:

“We really want M home with her father, and we appreciate the support and prayers of other groups, but as far as Solomon is concerned, he must stay on the administrative track he is on,” said Metalwala’s attorney Clay Terry, pointing out that Metalwala has no part in the protest of outside groups. “We have seen no evidence that either DSHS or anyone at CPS has taken any negative step against Solomon. As long as the investigation is fair and balanced, we intend to remain within the guidelines currently provided to us.”

I think SM has an excellent attorney who is not allowing this case to be turned into a circus by outside entities. Good for Mr. Terry!

Newborns cry when they're hungry, as do babies. A 2 year old is a toddler and can verbalize if he's hungry. Did Sky do so? Did grandmommy hear it? If so, how often?

you know, my kid at 2, who was incredibly verbally adept (he's the only child of two talkative 40 year olds) did NOT express when he was hungry when he was 2 - he would just get reactive and cranky. We used to say "whoops, we must have missed snacktime" if he started to act that way. It wasnt' a matter of verbal skills but rather an unawareness of hungry that kept him from telling me he needed something to eat.

From the Fathers and Families website:

NEW CAMPAIGN: Tell Officials to Reunite Solomon Metalwala with His Daughter M!

We want to push WA DSHS and King County Superior Court to resolve this case as soon as possible. We want you to contact all relevant Washington authorities and demand that Solomon and little M be reunited–to email and fax them a letter, click here. To call them, click here.

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/?p=21663

SM's attorney has made it clear that he & SM are continuing to work with the court system in pursuit of custody of SM's little girl.

IMO, this organization (and the executive director Mr. Sacks) are out of bounds by attempting to use SM's custody case to promote themselves. They have not been invited to speak on behalf of SM. Solomon is represented by a competent attorney. IMO, if you're not invited, then you should not be organizing campaigns - especially in an ongoing volatile custody dispute that also involves a missing child investigation.

I also noticed the request for donations to Mr. Sacks' organization @ the bottom of the campaign page. As far as I'm concerned, this org is using a high profile case to bring attention (and donations) to themselves.

Bad form is all I can say. Bad form.

I'm happy that SM & his attorney are taking the high road - you know, the road less travelled.

WARNING - Knock it off - don't start bickering and telling others how to think. Everybody gets their own opinion - so let them have it, don't be trying to tell them they are wrong.

Get back to the business of finding Sky.

Salem

I think I read somewhere that JB ISN'T allowed to see M right now. LE doesn't want M to be influenced anymore by what her mom says about Solomon. Plus with M not having contact with her mom, LE is hoping that she can give more answers about what happened on the day of Sky's disappearance.

I hope that M is able to go back and live with her dad :)

BBM

(Jumping off your post here---not directed at or attacking you ilovepierre.)

I haven't sleuthed out the players in this case nor know any thing about them other than their child is missing for the most part because of time constraints workwise & I am trying to read up on this case & gather info from here and other articles of info & sources.

HOW do "We" know it is NOT possible that Solomon or a family member does not have Sky somewhere in a secret location or in another country in hiding?

Is Solomon from the USA & Born here? Where are his immediate family members (parents, g-parents, aunts/uncles/cousins, brothers/sisters) living?

I am just sleuthing & entertaining the thought of an international parental abduction where one parent is from or has strong ties to another country and has the child removed from the USA or parental kidnapp the child and moves with them to another country. I have seen this in cases which do not get much public attention or put out there for the public to know, but most times it is known and not seen as a missing child case.

I am looking for known facts and history here that show a long and short history that this, a parental kidnapping type situation, would in fact not be the case in this childs situation any way you look at it.

I understand that Julia's story has holes and she really does look guilty of his disappearance, and that Solomon appears to be a very loving caring parent and doing the right thing in looking for his child.

In MY detective mindset i sleuth equally and as deep as i can go, for i never take the face value and leave it at that.[/COLOR] (I have heard, seen, witnessed (fallen prey to by a few) people who are so clever, so smart, able to take senario's and situations and use them to fit their goal, excellent liers & fakers, that they could sound and appear completely innocent of comitting any crime or distastful act and fool others into believing & seeing their innocence (sp?)).

Anyone care to list the known facts that would fit my sleuthing here in this part of the case with Sky?

( This case doesnt have a thread/forum where it has timelines, links, news threads etc listed individually like the anthony and irwin cases correct?)

Thank You!

(My entire post is MOO)
ArtzyPantz
Colored by me. :)
I don't believe Sky was ever removed from the country but I don't think I'm taking it at face value either - my belief is based on moving my own children out of the United States after a rather contentious child custody battle all my own.

Clay Terry, SM's attorney, has stated Sky was not issued a passport. Further, there was also an order granted by the court that prohibited the removal of Sky. It would have been nearly, if not totally, impossible for either parent to receive a passport in either child's name. Passport application requirements were changed in 2001 due to IPA cases.

A valid passport and custodial orders granting permission to remove the child would have been required for a visa application. In the event Sky was moved abroad for any longer than 90 days a visa would have been required for practically any country unless he had dual-nationality. A US passport still would have been required to leave the country.

In my opinion it would require a 'perfect storm' scenario for this case to be an IPA. Not totally impossible but highly unlikely imo.

Colored by me. :)
I don't believe Sky was ever removed from the country but I don't think I'm taking it at face value either - my belief is based on moving my own children out of the United States after a rather contentious child custody battle all my own.

Clay Terry, SM's attorney, has stated Sky was not issued a passport. Further, there was also an order granted by the court that prohibited the removal of Sky. It would have been nearly, if not totally, impossible for either parent to receive a passport in either child's name. Passport application requirements were changed in 2001 due to IPA cases.

A valid passport and custodial orders granting permission to remove the child would have been required for a visa application. In the event Sky was moved abroad for any longer than 90 days a visa would have been required for practically any country unless he had dual-nationality. A US passport still would have been required to leave the country.

In my opinion it would require a 'perfect storm' scenario for this case to be an IPA. Not totally impossible but highly unlikely imo.

Additionally, SM had not seen either of his children for 10 months when Sky 'disappeared'. Sky disappeared on Julia's watch. She admitted to leaving the children alone often for extended periods of time.

Add Julia's lack of cooperation, her refusal to meet with LE with her attorney and her attorney's lack of returning LE's telephone calls and that tells us all we need to know imo.

What parent not involved in their childs disappearance would refuse all requests from LE to work with them in finding their child?

jmo

BBM

(Jumping off your post here---not directed at or attacking you ilovepierre.)

I haven't sleuthed out the players in this case nor know any thing about them other than their child is missing for the most part because of time constraints workwise & I am trying to read up on this case & gather info from here and other articles of info & sources.

HOW do "We" know it is NOT possible that Solomon or a family member does not have Sky somewhere in a secret location or in another country in hiding?

Is Solomon from the USA & Born here? Where are his immediate family members (parents, g-parents, aunts/uncles/cousins, brothers/sisters) living?

I am just sleuthing & entertaining the thought of an international parental abduction where one parent is from or has strong ties to another country and has the child removed from the USA or parental kidnapp the child and moves with them to another country. I have seen this in cases which do not get much public attention or put out there for the public to know, but most times it is known and not seen as a missing child case.

I am looking for known facts and history here that show a long and short history that this, a parental kidnapping type situation, would in fact not be the case in this childs situation any way you look at it.

I understand that Julia's story has holes and she really does look guilty of his disappearance, and that Solomon appears to be a very loving caring parent and doing the right thing in looking for his child.

In MY detective mindset i sleuth equally and as deep as i can go, for i never take the face value and leave it at that. (I have heard, seen, witnessed (fallen prey to by a few) people who are so clever, so smart, able to take senario's and situations and use them to fit their goal, excellent liers & fakers, that they could sound and appear completely innocent of comitting any crime or distastful act and fool others into believing & seeing their innocence (sp?)).

Anyone care to list the known facts that would fit my sleuthing here in this part of the case with Sky?

( This case doesnt have a thread/forum where it has timelines, links, news threads etc listed individually like the anthony and irwin cases correct?)

Thank You!

(My entire post is MOO)
ArtzyPantz

Interesting.

The thought has actually occurred to me that someone put a rag in Julia's exhaust pipe, and then followed them until her car quit running because of it. Knowing that Julia would be HIGHLY likely to abandon her children, and possibly Solomon had a key to the car - he could expect to easily take the kids at that point. Surely someone removing a child and a rag from the exhaust of a car would be memorable to passersby, though.

I still think it's actually Julia who caused him to disappear. But it's odd - really odd to me - that she would state the car wouldn't run when it would.

I think, BTW, that's what happened to Maura Murray. She had stopped for gas shortly before ramming her car in the snowbank, and her car was found with a rag plugging the exhaust. Someone must have put it in there at the gas station - it wouldn't run long with a rag stuffed in there. And then she ran into the snow bank before the rag had a chance to make the car stall.

I also find it impossible for SM to have taken Sky or have anything to do with Sky's disappearance. It's been 10 months since he last saw Sky. He would have had to have known that JB was going to 'run out of gas' where she did and that she was going to leave only Sky in the car. Not to mention, someone would have seen SM taking Sky out of the car and I'm sure that he would have been reported to LE.

Everything points to JB being responsible for Sky's disappearance. She's been known to leave her kids unattended for long periods of time, Sky was in HER care when he supposedly went missing, and none of her story even adds up...she's just making up lie after lie.

I think it's time for Julia to answer an important question: WHERE IS BABY SKY!!!???

I still think it's actually Julia who caused him to disappear. But it's odd - really odd to me - that she would state the car wouldn't run when it would.

Snipped for space and BBM.
I don't find it odd at all, knowing her history of lying. She knew there was nothing wrong with her car, but in order for her story to be 'believable,' she had to come up with the 'my car ran out of gas' story.

Interesting.

The thought has actually occurred to me that someone put a rag in Julia's exhaust pipe, and then followed them until her car quit running because of it. Knowing that Julia would be HIGHLY likely to abandon her children, and possibly Solomon had a key to the car - he could expect to easily take the kids at that point. Surely someone removing a child and a rag from the exhaust of a car would be memorable to passersby, though.

I think, BTW, that's what happened to Maura Murray. She had stopped for gas shortly before ramming her car in the snowbank, and her car was found with a rag plugging the exhaust. Someone must have put it in there at the gas station - it wouldn't run long with a rag stuffed in there. And then she ran into the snow bank before the rag had a chance to make the car stall.

BBM Given that the car JB was driving was her brother's, I highly doubt SM would have a key. In addition, JB said she left one of the doors unlocked.

I think JB drove the car until she believed it had very little gas left. I did some research and apparently the owners manual for that model states that when the fuel light comes on, you must refuel "soon". In actuality, based on other owners' experiences, the tank has about 2 gallons of gas left when the light comes on. I also think JB felt she would be believed and probably didn't anticipate LE testing the car to the extent they did.

regarding talking with MM about when was the last time she saw Sky - did they ever "do" trick or tricking?? That would be a good starting point - at least a week later than the neighbor saw him on 10/23... :waitasec:

Interesting.

BBM. Per MSM Julia was driving her younger brother SB's car, which she had borrowed for 10 days. How would SM have a key to Julia's brothers car? There is no reason, imo, for SM to have a key to his former brother in laws car. Also, per MSM, SM was shocked and surprised to learn Julia was leaving the children alone for extended periods of time. He first learnt of this AFTER Sky's disappearance. He had not seen his children for 10 mo's. There is no way he would have known Julia was leaving the children alone prior to Julia admitting so on the one and only day she spoke with police, the day of her sons disappearance.

The family doesn't celebrate Halloween. There were some pictures on Julia's Flickr that showed M at a 'Fall Fun Festival' at their church on Halloween 2010, but they weren't actually celebrating it or going trick or treating. It was an alternative to the Halloween festivities. I don't think they did anything this year, though. Someone would have come forward saying they saw Sky and M on 10/31 if they in fact did go to the thing at their church this year.

regarding talking with MM about when was the last time she saw Sky - did they ever "do" trick or tricking?? That would be a good starting point - at least a week later than the neighbor saw him on 10/23... :waitasec:

As far as we know, no one has come forward to say they had seen Sky after about 10/23. LE had said they narrowed the timeline, but did not release to the public how they 'narrowed' the timeline. Later, SM and his attorney stated LE asked them to ask the public for anyone who had seen Sky since October 1st, which expands, not narrows the timeline. That leads me to wonder if perhaps LE can not be certain that 10/223 sighting was Sky and not M, unless the neighbor stated he or she saw Julia with two children.

jmo

From the Fathers and Families website:

NEW CAMPAIGN: Tell Officials to Reunite Solomon Metalwala with His Daughter M!

We want to push WA DSHS and King County Superior Court to resolve this case as soon as possible. We want you to contact all relevant Washington authorities and demand that Solomon and little M be reunited–to email and fax them a letter, click here. To call them, click here.

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/?p=21663

SM's attorney has made it clear that he & SM are continuing to work with the court system in pursuit of custody of SM's little girl.

IMO, this organization (and the executive director Mr. Sacks) are out of bounds by attempting to use SM's custody case to promote themselves. They have not been invited to speak on behalf of SM. Solomon is represented by a competent attorney. IMO, if you're not invited, then you should not be organizing campaigns - especially in an ongoing volatile custody dispute that also involves a missing child investigation.

I also noticed the request for donations to Mr. Sacks' organization @ the bottom of the campaign page. As far as I'm concerned, this org is using a high profile case to bring attention (and donations) to themselves.

Bad form is all I can say. Bad form.

I'm happy that SM & his attorney are taking the high road - you know, the road less travelled.

Thank you!! My problem with F&F is that they will get all over a case like Sky's and try to use it as a "poster" case. F&F either truly believes - or wants the public to believe - that most mothers who petition the court for DV protection are liars and that most fathers who petition the court claiming alienation are truthful. It doesn't matter that statistics (and common sense) overwhelmingly don't support their beliefs. They are well funded and have been instrumental in blocking or weakening important pieces of legislation involving DV and child safety. Fathers and Families really only cares about the "families" part in cases like Sky's. In cases where the father is violent, they don't come out in support of mothers. You can only be on the side of children if you are willing to speak up for the safety needs of children first and foremost, BEFORE the wishes of mom OR dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member