WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the key is the little girl, she would know if her brother was in the car that morning.....which I'm sure LE has interviewed her....I really don't know how you could go about interveiwing a child, but children do not lie.
(snipped)

LE has interviewed Sky's sister twice (that we know of). M said Sky was in the car and that he was wrapped in a blanket.

It is my belief, and that of others here, that JB tricked M by maybe wrapping up a doll or just carrying an empty blanket bundle. I would love to know what police found inside the car the day he was reported missing. Was there a blanket? Any toys?

No evidence of a murder either. They haven't charged her with child endangerment. They haven't named her a POI nor a suspect in his disappearance. As for her friend being shocked, well of course, we're all shocked when parents leave their children in a car and go about their business but it's done more often than we want to believe. Some for minutes, others for hours.

So basically we're left with no proof Sky was abducted nor that he was murdered by his mom. I think I'll stick with my belief that he's still alive.

Just my opinion....but....they will, they will, they will. LE WILL charge JB with various offenses eventually. They WILL name her a POI or a suspect. These things WILL happen. They just haven't yet because LE is being methodical. By JB's own admission, she DID commit prosecutable offenses! I don't buy the stranger abduction, SM abduction, or JB giving Sky away theories at all.

No evidence of a murder either. They haven't charged her with child endangerment. They haven't named her a POI nor a suspect in his disappearance. As for her friend being shocked, well of course, we're all shocked when parents leave their children in a car and go about their business but it's done more often than we want to believe. Some for minutes, others for hours.

So basically we're left with no proof Sky was abducted nor that he was murdered by his mom. I think I'll stick with my belief that he's still alive.

BBM. I pray you're right and his being alive is more than just wishful thinking.

There is just no scenario that I can come up with in which Julia passed Sky off to someone without passing off both of her children. It simply doesn't make sense that she'd wish for her daughter to be with a man she accused of sexually molesting her child and fought tooth and nail to keep from his children.

Also, I wouldn't exactly say murdered. I'm leaning toward involuntary manslaughter based on neglect. There's no disputing Julia neglected her children often. She admitted so and has a prior record of doing so.

It just saddens me this little guy hasn't been found, and like so many parents of missing children, Julia's priority is to save her own arse rather than to give her child, her own flesh and blood, any dignity.

Where are you Sky? We want you home soon!

Just my opinion....but....they will, they will, they will. LE WILL charge JB with various offenses eventually. They WILL name her a POI or a suspect. These things WILL happen. They just haven't yet because LE is being methodical. By JB's own admission, she DID commit prosecutable offenses! I don't buy the stranger abduction, SM abduction, or JB giving Sky away theories at all.

Well, I don't get the hold-up, then. Clearly she is not going to help LE. They can always add more charges later. Why let her just carry on with her life? If LE has proof she has broken the law, charge her. Nothing is being accomplished either way, it seems...

No need to actually add these edits to the overall list -- I just thought some clarification on a few of the points would be helpful.

What we know

JB has severe OCD and has been committed 3 times -- twice involuntarily and expressed urges to harm herself and her youngest child (Sky)
They were both caught leaving sky in Target car park for 55 minutes in Dec 09. Police reports insinuates that SM was remorseful but JB was still shopping when the couple was paged to return to the car and did not see a problem with her behavior
They were both currently divorcing, in fact sky went missing 3 days after a 12 hour mediation session involving both parents.
SM has not seen either of his children for 10 months.
Date of temporary protection order 09-27-2010.
JB told SM that she had dreams of strangling her younger child.
Jb has admitted to leaving the children alone while she had her hair done, went shoe shopping and of course the 12 hour mediation session. JB has also neglected the children's basic needs such as eating because her OCD was so pervasive
CPS was informed of SM had struck his daughter hard enough to cause bruises "preponderance of evidence"
They also received six referrals about the family between late 2009- and late 2010.

JB account of events on the day sky disappeared.
Lafrate people said there was no child in the car between the hours of 8am-10am.
Sky was last seen by a neighbour a couple of weeks before the day he disappeared.
No gas can near vehicle even though julia said she went for gas.
LE say the car still had 2.2 gallons of gas in the car, also the car started straight away by the LE.
JB stated she locked the drivers door, but wasnt sure of the rest.
Dogs picked up no scent of sky outside the car.
SO was the friend who picked up JB from gas station.
Surveiliance pictures show JB at a bank and a store hours before sky dis
appeared.
Sky was dressed in A grey hooded sweatshirt and blue and grey striped pants on the day he disappeared.

Julias address Veloce Appartments 8000 block of 161st Avenue, NE, Redmond WA.
JB Refused lie detector test.
JB profile on sugardaddy site and Christian Mingles site -- JB has frequented these sites in the weeks after Sky's disappearance

What we dont know

Skys illess (if any)
The content of the 911 call
Sky's and M's medical records
JB Car accident
Julia had her profile on the Christian Mingle site as well.
Why did Julia borrow her brother's car and on what day did she get it? Did she specifically ask to borrow it for ten day? Why?
Msm has stated that one or more of Julia's family/close circle of friends are cooperating with LE. Who? I'm guessing SO
Were cadaver dogs used on Julia's apartment? (this may have been answered and I missed it)
What is the Scottsdale connection? Does Julia have family or friends there?
What, if anything was found in Watershed Park?

Well, I don't get the hold-up, then. Clearly she is not going to help LE. They can always add more charges later. Why let her just carry on with her life? If LE has proof she has broken the law, charge her. Nothing is being accomplished either way, it seems...

It's possible LE has Julia and those close to her under survelliance. Perhaps the experts, FBI and LE, believe her OCD will cause her or someone close to her to check on the evidence, leading them to information to solve the case. That won't happen if she's locked up.

jmo

It's possible LE has Julia and those close to her under survelliance. Perhaps the experts, FBI and LE, believe her OCD will cause her or someone close to her to check on the evidence, leading them to solve the case. That won't happen if she's locked up.

jmo

But what could they charge her with now that would prevent bail? And if they have evidence of a charge serious enough to not allow bail, I think they should arrest her. JMO

But what could they charge her with now that would prevent bail? And if they have evidence of a charge serious enough to not allow bail, I think they should arrest her. JMO

Charging her now with something she could post bail will only further confirm any suspicions she has about being under survelliance. I say let her think she got off scott free. Let her think the case has been forgotten allowing her to become complacent. It might be the best option LE has to solve this case and find Sky.

Having Casey locked up did not help find Caylee.

JMO

Charging her now with something she could post bail will only further confirm any suspicions she has about being under survelliance. I say let her think she got off scott free. Let her think the case has been forgotten allowing her to become complacent. It might be the best option LE has to solve this case and find Sky.

Having Casey locked up did not help find Caylee.
JMO

It may have...she was not able to move Caylee, for example. JMO

It may have...she was not able to move Caylee, for example. JMO

But if she moved Caylee, she would have likely been under survelliance and Caylee would have been found much sooner, allowing a COD to be found and not given her mother the opportunity to make up a story about a drowning which could not be disproven.

jmo

I don't believe it's in LE's best interest right now to charge her with anything. They likely don't want to charge her with murder/involuntary manslaughter/etc right now because the evidence they have is circumstantial and they're holding out hope they'll have something more like DNA evidence, clothing, a body, etc. They also probably don't want to charge her with child neglect (even though she's admitted to leaving Sky alone in the car that day) because they don't believe Sky was ever in the car that morning and they can't charge her with neglect and then murder (if they decide to prosecute her later for that) because the two are probably mutually exclusive in this case.

So, I think LE will either charge her with murder or involuntary manslaughter based on the evidence they have (which may all be circumstantial) or they will go another route and charge her with obstruction of justice, child neglect, lying to law enforcement, etc. I don't think LE has any intention to let JB carry on with her life. They're probably just figuring out which prosecutory avenue to take and part of that is dependent on the lab results from Watershed Park and other searches. It's just a matter of time, imo.

It's simple - they want to find the body before they arrest her, and she is the most likely person to lead them to the body.

Without a body, she could slip through their grasp. They want to be able to throw the book at her and prove the boy was never abducted.

What we know

JB has severe OCD and has been committed 3 times.
SM and JB married in 2003 after 14 years together, according to JB this was only because SM was being deported back to pakistan.
They were both caught leaving sky in Target car park for 55 minutes in Dec 09.
They were both currently divorcing, in fact sky went missing 3 days after a 12 hour mediation session involving both parents.
SM has not seen either of his children for 10 months.
Date of temporary protection order 09-27-2010.
JB told SM that she had dreams of strangling her younger child.
Jb has admitted to leaving the children alone while she had her hair done, went shoe shopping and of course the 12 hour mediation session.
CPS was informed of SM had struck his daughter hard enough to cause bruises "preponderance of evidence"
They also received six referrals about the family between late 2009- and late 2010.

JB account of events on the day sky disappeared.
Lafrate people said there was no child in the car between the hours of 8am-10am.
Sky was last seen by a neighbour a couple of weeks before the day he disappeared.
No gas can near vehicle even though julia said she went for gas.
LE say the car still had 2.2 gallons of gas in the car, also the car started straight away by the LE.
JB stated she locked the drivers door, but wasnt sure of the rest.
Dogs picked up no scent of sky outside the car.
SO was the friend who picked up JB from gas station.
Surveiliance pictures show JB at a bank and a store hours before sky dis
appeared.
Sky was dressed in A grey hooded sweatshirt and blue and grey striped pants on the day he disappeared.

Julias address Veloce Appartments 8000 block of 161st Avenue, NE, Redmond WA.
JB Refused lie detector test.
JB profile on sugardaddy site

What we dont know

Skys illess (if any)
The content of the 911 call
Sky's and M's medical records
JB Car accident
Julia had her profile on the Christian Mingle site as well.
Why did Julia borrow her brother's car and on what day did she get it? Did she specifically ask to borrow it for ten day? Why?
Msm has stated that one or more of Julia's family/close circle of friends are cooperating with LE. Who?
Were cadaver dogs used on Julia's apartment? (this may have been answered and I missed it)
What is the Scottsdale connection? Does Julia have family or friends there?
What, if anything was found in Watershed Park?

Thank you for this list. Awesome! One question, though. I'm confused about the preponderance of evidence part. The accusation was that both kids were bruised by Solomon. Solomon and his lawyer claim he was cleared by CPS. It appears that he was not cleared in family court, though.

I don't believe it's in LE's best interest right now to charge her with anything. They likely don't want to charge her with murder/involuntary manslaughter/etc right now because the evidence they have is circumstantial and they're holding out hope they'll have something more like DNA evidence, clothing, a body, etc. They also probably don't want to charge her with child neglect (even though she's admitted to leaving Sky alone in the car that day) because they don't believe Sky was ever in the car that morning and they can't charge her with neglect and then murder (if they decide to prosecute her later for that) because the two are probably mutually exclusive in this case.

So, I think LE will either charge her with murder or involuntary manslaughter based on the evidence they have (which may all be circumstantial) or they will go another route and charge her with obstruction of justice, child neglect, lying to law enforcement, etc. I don't think LE has any intention to let JB carry on with her life. They're probably just figuring out which prosecutory avenue to take and part of that is dependent on the lab results from Watershed Park and other searches. It's just a matter of time, imo.

I agree (except maybe about lab results. I don't know that there is anything to discover there). I wanted to point out, though, that DNA evidence is circumstantial evidence as well. Most evidence is, like ballistics, blood spatter, fingerprints, etc. The opposite is direct evidence like a witness who saw the crime or saw someone running from the crime scene with a knife, covered in blood, for example.

There is this idea that circumstantial evidence is less than direct evidence. Many cases are decided on such evidence alone.

I have the info about the car accident, I'm waiting to see if I can post it here. I will say, it was NOT close to the time Sky went missing.

It's simple - they want to find the body before they arrest her, and she is the most likely person to lead them to the body.

Without a body, she could slip through their grasp. They want to be able to throw the book at her and prove the boy was never abducted.

I hope I am wrong but I think the chances of finding Sky's body are extremely slim. IMO, by the time JB set up the whole disappearance-from-car scenario, she had already put Sky someplace she was confident he'd never be found. I think it's this confidence that's behind her refusal to cooperate with LE.

We know she's a fan of Law & Order, as well as news programs and shows like 20/20 (as per her Facebook). I have no doubt she is well versed in the Casey Anthony story.

If she felt LE would find evidence, DNA or otherwise, or Sky's body, I think she'd be busy making up stories (like saying she left him with a phantom babysitter). But the fact that she's just sitting back and carrying on with her life tells me she feels she's untouchable.

As for the idea that someone else has an alive Sky right now - I wish I could believe that. It would have had to happen one of three ways. (1) A random stranger took Sky out of the car that day. Statistically, not very likely. Also the whole running out of gas thing was pure fiction (not to mention if she really was on the way to a hospital with a sick child, why take an hour to walk to a gas station in the opposite direction and then call a friend, instead of walking with both kids towards the hospital and/or flagging down a passing person or vehicle and getting a ride and/or having a cab called). (2) She arranged for someone she knows to hide Sky. But why? If it was about protecting him from his supposedly abusive father, why not hide M too? And who could she trust that much (and who would be willing to risk getting into trouble)? (3) She sold Sky to someone looking to acquire a toddler. Of the three, this one would make the most sense (as outlandish as it is). Money appears to be important to JB (the sugar daddy thing, apparently her mental condition declined when she and SM fell under hard times financially). Also, whoever purchased Sky would have an equal interest in keeping it quiet and keeping him hidden right now. But how the heck would this even come about? You can't exactly post a child for sale on Craigslist. And if this was what happened, I'd think LE would have found stuff on her computer.

I think M may be the only "witness" to what happened (or at least what happened in the days/weeks leading up to the disappearance). I pray she communicates whatever is locked up in her head to her daddy.

I've read on topix (the awful site) that people believe SM is involved with the disappearnce of Sky but I just can't believe that. He is on national tv begging for his little guy back :( I have a 2 year old son that just turned 2 today actually and if he was missing I would be going crazy searching for him--I'm sorry but I just can't believe JB for whatever reason. To the person who says they know a little inside info I believe everything you said. (snipperoo)

Although probably misguided, I think it's good to look at all angles -remember that going on media blitzes is not an indication of innocence...look at what's her face from Orlando, What's her face from KS, MO...and the probably the most egregious -What's her face Dunn (Billie Jean?). One thing I have observed is that I think he has been under a LOT of stress as evidenced in his more profound stuttering that was not present, or to the extent that it was noticeable, early on. The ONLY thing that is nagging at me in the back of my mind in terms of statements is a comment he made on camera, on day one (paraphrase) -'Why would she leave him in a car, alone, for an hour and a half? Something's wrong.' Especially given both parents' history about that. There was also just something in the way he said it I didn't like. But that was the only time -and he was probably incredulous at that point, and it hadn't sunk it.

The dating site is just unbelievable. I find wenwe to be credible too. Most of it we know/knew...and it's very likely she had rather flat affect during interviews. I find it interesting that it lasted 15 hours, but that sounds about right, tho one report was that she interviewed into the, "early evening" -no big deal tho, really. I'd like to know at what time she lawyered up, given her report was around (iirc) 8:30am...

I hope I am wrong but I think the chances of finding Sky's body are extremely slim. IMO, by the time JB set up the whole disappearance-from-car scenario, she had already put Sky someplace she was confident he'd never be found. I think it's this confidence that's behind her refusal to cooperate with LE.

We know she's a fan of Law & Order, as well as news programs and shows like 20/20 (as per her Facebook). I have no doubt she is well versed in the Casey Anthony story.

If she felt LE would find evidence, DNA or otherwise, or Sky's body, I think she'd be busy making up stories (like saying she left him with a phantom babysitter). But the fact that she's just sitting back and carrying on with her life tells me she feels she's untouchable.

As for the idea that someone else has an alive Sky right now - I wish I could believe that. It would have had to happen one of three ways. (1) A random stranger took Sky out of the car that day. Statistically, not very likely. Also the whole running out of gas thing was pure fiction (not to mention if she really was on the way to a hospital with a sick child, why take an hour to walk to a gas station in the opposite direction and then call a friend, instead of walking with both kids towards the hospital and/or flagging down a passing person or vehicle and getting a ride and/or having a cab called). (2) She arranged for someone she knows to hide Sky. But why? If it was about protecting him from his supposedly abusive father, why not hide M too? And who could she trust that much (and who would be willing to risk getting into trouble)? (3) She sold Sky to someone looking to acquire a toddler. Of the three, this one would make the most sense (as outlandish as it is). Money appears to be important to JB (the sugar daddy thing, apparently her mental condition declined when she and SM fell under hard times financially). Also, whoever purchased Sky would have an equal interest in keeping it quiet and keeping him hidden right now. But how the heck would this even come about? You can't exactly post a child for sale on Craigslist. And if this was what happened, I'd think LE would have found stuff on her computer.

I think M may be the only "witness" to what happened (or at least what happened in the days/weeks leading up to the disappearance). I pray she communicates whatever is locked up in her head to her daddy.

BBM

IF JB hid either of the children from SM, her motive would likely be spite against her ex rather than protection of the children. It appears JB wasn't that attached to Sky, while SM ostensibly dotes on his son. JB has told lies in the past to hurt SM, so I believe she is capable of disappearing her child to hurt her ex. If JB truly believed SM was harming the children, especially M, she would not have requested that SM be given custody of M. The only reason I can think of that JB would not subject M to the same fate is that she is somewhat attached to M.

With that said, I'm not implying I believe Sky is still alive, although I'd like to. I do believe there's a slim chance, but am inclined to believe otherwise. There's too much evidence to suggest Sky was missing long before the kidnapping scenario. The one problem I have with the kidnapping scenario, assuming it was staged, is why JB decided to carry through with the faked kidnapping after she was unable to obtain gas for the car at the gas station (to set up the kidnapping scenario and an alibi for herself) by contacting LE. Earlier I suggested that JB needed an explanation to give her friend SO for Sky's absence. There's a part of me wondering why she didn't tell SO she left Sky at home or he was with a sitter. I am curious to know the conversation between SO and JB during the drive from the gas station to the abandoned car. Was SO insistent on seeing Sky and then alarmed to find he wasn't underneath the blanket? Was SO the one who called LE or did she pressure JB into calling LE? I'm beginning to think that, if not for SO, JB would never have reported Sky missing that day.

hoppy and ~n/t~ referred to Sm saying ""Possibly somebody who has a good trust in Julia. And I don't know why HEwould do something like that" I had caught that on his interview with Joyce Taylor too. He assumes if she is getting help secreting Sky, then it's a HE. Hmmmm. What does that tell us? Seems odd he would use HE and not, "And I don't know why someonewould do something like that"

Very interesting indeed.

I wondered about this last night and still am, I don't think anyone had any response. Who could J possibly know well enough to take Sky and keep him despite all of the publicity/threat of charges, that LE could not have uncovered by now, via electronics or phone records, etc...? I wonder this same thing about Terri Horman. There is always a record of contact, and since she was on the computer all the time and not all that cautious, I can't believe she could outsmart so many trained LE. JMO and I know it is not good for Sky if there is no such person...

I'm with you on that thought. Add to that, the average person is 'caught on camera' how many times a day? So even if it were in person contact...there has to be a trail. I wonder if places like Trader Joe's and PCC Market keep their surveillance tapes? I wonder if LE has looked at ALL transactions and places she has been known to frequent, and tried to interview people and get tapes that may include a potential partner in crime...I feel these days as if I can't make one move without someone noticing -a neighbor, the computer, my Android, my employer, cams everywhere... it's a wonder when people get away with stuff like this so seemingly easily...idk.

For those of you proposing alternative theories of Sky's abduction, or "send off" by JB, I applaud you, because this would give a scenario where there is more of a chance that the little guy is still alive.

Due to some of the opinions above, it doesn't seem likely. But it would be great if that turned out to be the truth! :praying:

I am praying that Sky is found soon!

One other possible scenario, and admittedly it is rather far-fetched and quite a diabolical and somewhat complex scenario...[I am ready for the tomatoes, thanks] is:

1) Man faces a mentally ill wife, whose behavior becomes increasingly unmanageable and unsafe for kids. He tries to do the right thing and get her professional help -and what does he get instead?
2) Crapped on... and trapped in a high conflict divorce and custody battle.
3) Allegations run wild and the man is shamed beyond to be accused of sexually molesting his girl, and physically abusing all of them.
4) Then he faces a severely long period of time away from the kids, along with super high hoops to jump through just to be able to see them.
5) Unaffordable mandated classes, a business to run, poor economy, expenses to pay out to support two households, and rising demands from ex.
6) He has already had a concrete decline in the success of the business, and faced two foreclosures in the past couple of years.
7) He still can't even SEE his kids, let alone be a father to them.
8) Sp he sucks it up, sucks it up focuses on the big picture, plays the game, continues to work hard, NOT take time out from running the business that he can''t afford to take, and continues to walk the straight and narrow through legal channels. Again, doing the righ thing, playing by the rules.
7) Finally, FINALLY there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! -charges dropped, mediation successful, parenting plan agreed upon -the nightmare is almost over.
8) Then two days after mediation, ex reneges.
9) NOW WHAT?
10) Two more days later, and child is gone.

Some do not believe that this man COULD be involved. Some will say that it's impossible, since how would he know at just the right moment, and just the right time that boy would be alone in order to snatch. Some might say that he has an alibi. I'm not sure that is entirely verifiable since he was "at home getting ready for church." I don't know that he lives alone, or if others backed up that alibi. I don't know if he lives with family, and they are helpful to him to secure his kids, and would back up an alibi. He knows that she leaves the children unattended often. He might have been completed deflated by her reneging on the parenting plan and CS/custody agreement...and decided to kick in to plan B.

Get someone to follow, stalk, stake out...wait till they are unattended, then grab and go. Well, that opportunity came quickly -but only one child was left alone. Secret the boy, frame the Mom, get custody of the girl back...Mom goes to jail, then leave the country since there's no equity left in life in Seattle...Reunite with boy.

The sick part is that I lie awake some nights thinking up these things...:p
I can't help it that my mind wanders to very odd places. So try to be objective, I mean really think it through. What am I missing? What categorically discounts this alternate theory? What might support such a theory.

I mean, how much is a man supposed to take after having been systematically emasculated by an unstable person, driven to near bankruptcy and being held from his kids before he is going to start playing dirty? I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member