WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there is evidence, proof, of abuse by the father then he should be given custody of his daughter. Seems to me CPS doesn't have a good track record in this case so far. Why are they now trusted to still be making decisions? Hopefully, dad has a very good lawyer and will fight these people. After all, in their infinite wisdom, they decided J was a good mom....

Yes, I see what you mean. One of the most frustrating things about the parental alienation cases I worked was that the parent guilty of the alienation failed to understand that if something happened to them (the alienating parent) the kids would go to the other parent, with whom they had a crappy or non-existent relationship, which was directly due to the actions of the alienating parent. By the time I left GAL practice I was happy to see that judges were starting to rule against the parent practicing the alienation and many of them lost custody because of it. Judges are starting to heavily weigh which parent is most likely to foster a good relationship between the children and the other parent and deciding custody in their favor.

Cases like this one are hard though because it seems that both parents have serious deficits to ponder.

"An FBI agent with expertise interviewing children has spoken to <modsnip>, and the little girl said her brother Sky was in the car, wrapped in a blanket, on Sunday, "which wasn't what we expected to hear," Johnson said.

A blanket was found inside the vehicle, providing K-9 search and rescue teams with a scent to follow, but their hours-long search near the car on Sunday didn't turn up any trace of Sky, he said."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016724529_missing10m.html

BBM. It just says "a" blanket was found inside the vehicle. I don't know if that was "the" blanket he was wrapped in, but I assume it would be if K-9 used it to get Sky's scent.

That article says mother requested her daughter be placed with father rather than a stranger. That tells me right then and there no way would she be hiding a live child somewhere because she was afraid of visitations with the father.

When Sky was reported missing my first thought was the Law & Order episode I had just watched. Apparently LE has noted the intersting similarities of this disappearance and that episode as well.

In a strange case of life imitating art, it now appears that a recent episode of the NBC television series "Law & Order: SVU" featured a storyline remarkably similar to the account a mother in Washington state gave police about the disappearance of her 2-year-old son, Sky Metalwala, when she left him strapped in his car seat on the side of a road

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...hild-car-missing-sky-metalwala-biryukova.html

UGH..here we go. :(

Trying to get caught up from last night... can someone help? I was just wondering what came of the custody hearing from yesterday? Did they make a decision? Where is little M now? TIA!

Trying to get caught up from last night... can someone help? I was just wondering what came of the custody hearing from yesterday? Did they make a decision? Where is little M now? TIA!

The child will remain in foster care.

Foster care to my knowledge. They denied the father's petition pending investigation.

I'm with you. Recent reports indicate that there was approx. 2.2 gallons in the tank, which would suggest that the "idiot light" came on, but the vehicle still had enough fuel to make it that one mile to the gas station. Most drivers are generally aware of that feature and would not be inclined to shut the vehicle down, but to drive directly to the next gas station.

Based on that particular piece of information, I am inclined to think that the car was not stopped at that particular spot because "it ran out of gas" (because it did not), but rather she had another reason to park the car there, leave for an hour or so with her daughter, then return and claim that her son is now missing. Who even knows for a fact that her son was actually in the car at that time?

My personal prediction, for what it's worth...lol, is that the mother will crack and confess eventually. Her actions to date simply don't suggest a person who plans well, and added to the fact that she has a history of leaving her children alone for hours suggests that they are not a priority to her. If she is in a fragile emotional state, it's not because her son is "missing", but because she is carrying the burden of knowing the truth of what happened to him because she is the cause of his disappearance. With enough pressure, I predict she will break.

IMO

My fear is that there are quite a few people who learned something very important from Casey Anthony.

1. Shut Up
2. Lawyer Up
3. Hide the Body long enough and a conviction becomes next to impossible
4. Profit!

For reference, see the Anthony Case from a little while back, or even the Lisa Irwin case from just last month.

Chris Texas, agreed. That positive phrase "If you can believe...you can achieve!" Is meant for children in school...not criminals.

That article says mother requested her daughter be placed with father rather than a stranger. That tells me right then and there no way would she be hiding a live child somewhere because she was afraid of visitations with the father.

IIRC that request came from JB's attorney. My guess is it probably came as an attempt to make it appear as if mom is willing to cooperate with dad, but I don't buy it. I'd guess moms atty would suggest this and go with it, even if her client did not agree.

jmo

IIRC that request came from JB's attorney. My guess is it probably came as an attempt to make it appear as if mom is willing to cooperate with dad, but I don't buy it. I'd guess moms atty would suggest this and go with it, even if her client did not agree.

jmo

Yes, but I doubt an attorney would be asking for it if the mother did not agree. Attorney represents the client. After all there was a chance a judge would decide to place the daughter with the father.

Fox News is going to talk about Sky.....coming up...which is good. Keeps him in the news. Unfortunately, IMO, Geraldo will be doing the reporting.....

To add to my comment above, in the custody hearing yesterday the dad said something like "Well, he didnt go missing in my care so my daughter should be with me." Spouses even estranged seem to think similarly. Especially being together 14 years. When I heard it, it gave me goosebumps. I think that is what motivated her to say it was a kidnapping. My opinion may change with more info but as of now thats where my head is.

Respectfully, there is absolutely NO reason to believe that this guy is anything other than a victim here, and not just in terms of his missing son, but with respect to every other accusation mom had leveled at him. Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is no reason, NO REASON, to believe a damned thing mom has to say about anyone, including her ex-husband.

Respectfully, there is absolutely NO reason to believe that this guy is anything other than a victim here, and not just in terms of his missing son, but with respect to every other accusation mom had leveled at him. Not to put too fine a point on it, but there is no reason, NO REASON, to believe a damned thing mom has to say about anyone, including her ex-husband.

No, you misunderstood what I wrote. I am saying mom knew exactly what dad would think if her son died in an accident while in her care and that is why she is covering it up. I dont think the father had anything to do with it at all. Sorry, I guess I was not clear there.

... He said an email sent by Biryukova to a friend Sunday morning is the only evidence police have that Sky was ill.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016724529_missing10m.html

Note the use of the word only. This tells me LE can not confirm her story by way of a pediatrician who had spoken with mom regarding Sky's alleged illness.

Additionally, it's quite apparent to me the email was sent as an attempt for an 'alibi' to confirm the childs illness. Who has the time to send an email, but forgets their phone, their purse and does not call a pediatrician prior to driving their very ill child to the hospital? And then thinks they've run out of gas when the idiot light comes on?

I'll put my money down now that LE finds nothing mechanically wrong with the car.

I hope LE has taken cadaver dogs into that apartment and used them on her car and has simply not made that info public.

all jmo

jmo

That tells me that she wasnt nearly as afraid of her husband as she claims. No mom who think a man is beating her kid is going to suggest it. Furthermore, it says to me that she is VERY afraid of what the child may say in foster care.

When that comment was published I had no doubt. A year of accusation, down the toilet.

I agree but also I wonder if mom just did not realize they would take her daughter from her? And when it happened, mom realized that the daughter would be better placed with her dad, than with stangers. I'm not sure I'm saying this right....

I think Mom could very well be hiding Sky, not because she feared for Sky, but to get back at dad and punish him, thinking he only cares about his son.

I think mom knows dad did not and would not hurt the children - but she is angry with him and so she took Sky (in one way or another) from him.

Hope that makes sense - foggy brain this morning. And praying that Sky is safe and sound and will be home soon.

Salem

Oh, and I may be wrong but an atty cant make a suggestion that their client disagrees with. Its pretty unethical.

That tells me that she wasnt nearly as afraid of her husband as she claims. No mom who think a man is beating her kid is going to suggest it. Furthermore, it says to me that she is VERY afraid of what the child may say in foster care.

When that comment was published I had no doubt. A year of accusation, down the toilet.

BBM. Bingo! Mom is afraid because she knows she has alienated the child from daddy, but that same fear may not be instilled with her daughter around persons other than daddy.

jmo

Good Morning everyone! Let's hope today is the day that Sky comes home.

I just want to remind everyone not to post the name of the minor sister, please. Even when quoting an MSM or LE report, we change the child's name to initials or substitue - sister, daughter.

We do this to protect the minor. Remember we are here in support of the children and we do everything we can to protect them. If you have any questions or concerns, please send me or one of the other Mods a pm.

Thanks so much,

Salem

Foster care, with supervised visits with dad. No visitation with mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie