WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to add some of my own personal views. I haven't gone back and read this whole thread. . .however, I am fairly local. I live about 30miles south of Redmond.

For years our neighbors were Ukrainian. They are no longer our current neighbors, but I feel I have a good grasp of their local culture. It's a tight community. It seems as if anybody within that community knows anybody else, if that makes sense. Our neighbors seemed to know and have ties with other Ukrainians all up and down the Puget sound area. They were very communal, in that they operated on a "I do something for you, and you owe me a favor," type of system.

I liked them and they were very nice, but they looked at the laws here differently. There was a big broohaha about Ukrainians using corporal punishment on their children and being investigated by CPS. They didn't understand that and were wary of authorities. Just for the record, I don't think my neighbors were abusive at all. They loved their kids. The mom was the most assimilated and worked outside of the home. We had many long discussions about how her husband and the many other people that came and went at their house didn't understand how things here are different then in Ukraine. They were loving parents and focused on their kids, but they gave them more free reign than most parents would do here. I always kept an eye on the kids because we live very close to I-5 and if somebody wanted to swipe your kid they could be on I-5 in a matter of minutes.

I'll just get to the point.

I don't believe that nobody else has seen little Sky for 2 weeks. The Ukrainians here are way too communal for that. The only explanation for that is if he "disappeared" before that. The ties to Ukraine are generally very strong, most of that community wants to return or at least thinks things are somewhat better there. They are only here because of work and there are no job opportunities back home.

I believe, at this point, that "family" has taken him back to Ukraine. It might just be that the opportunity was there to take a toddler and not the older daughter. Mom probably thought that she could pull this off and at some point return with the DD4. I can see the people around her covering and being very tight lipped if that was the case. I truly hope for Sky, that is the case. I hope with all my heart that the Mom's mental issues didn't cause her to hurt him to carry out some kind of vengeance on the Dad. I don't think Dad knows where Sky is, but I think he has a strong feeling that Mom just tried to hide him.

All MOO

From the same link:

Maj. Mike Johnson said investigators have ruled nothing out. However he added there's a real possibility that Sky is no longer alive, considering how long it has been since he was first reported
missing.

My gut tells me that's what they may be awaiting confirmation of by way of the swabs taken from the apartment. LE used the words DNA, but I got the distinct impression they were sharing a tiny portion of what they were doing with those samples. I can't put it into words, but they are clearly, imo, forensically testing samples from the apartment for maybe something like death fluids? Maybe vomit from something he ingested? LE has not released the apartment back to mom yet either.

I'm really at about 98% something terrible happened on moms time and 2% on holding onto hope she has him hidden.

I wondered about the forensics in the apartment, but didn't LE say cadaver dogs didn't pick up anything? I believe in a presser today? I could be wrong, and they could be keeping it to themselves also.

Respectfully, guys, the father is considered a victim here. I didn't want to comment on his demeanor. I saw smiles, but only after seeing him clearly blink away tears from his eyes.

Let's not forget this is a father who has been denied access to his children for at least 10-11 months. Mom recorded a history of ugly exchanges. Clearly this man has had to hold it together for a very ugly court battle and some very stressful custody exchanges. It's clear and obvious to me, he is drawing from that same 'energy' he has for the duration of his fight to have access to his children. And perhaps drawing from his faith in Christ since we know he attends church and is a Christian.

He's holding onto hope and he is getting the word out. Passing out fliers, talking about fliers, engaging the community and national media in getting the word out in order to find his child. Taking the time to answer questions. NONE of which the maternal family are doing.

What is coming from the maternal side of the family to find Sky?

I don't know. Livy's dad and I were never married and he refused to sign the acknowledgment of paternity, claiming that he "knew she was [his], just look at her! [He was] just stalling" and forced me to take him for a DNA test. In the Commonwealth of VA, a father has to pay child support from the day the mother files, unless he requests a DNA test. If he does so and the child is determined to be his, he is still not responsible for back child support and only becomes responsible once they get him into court. He got 3 continuances and 2 appeals.

I don't want to get too OT here. A fathers name is added to a birth certificate only after paternity is established.

In Sky's case his parents were married at the time of his birth so his dad would automatically be listed on his BC.

To preface, I feel awful for Sky's father.
I'm wondering, though, why he seems so off. He talks about Sky like he sees him all the time when he hasn't seen him since Dec. 10, which he said in the interview.

I can completely understand holding out hope for a missing child and being in deep shock, or denial, especially only 5 days after your child goes missing. It was almost like he was crying/laughing at the same time. After my husband died at 33, leaving me a single mom with two young sons, I walked around like a zombie for several weeks, never cried during that time, so I'm not criticizing his behavior. There is no road map for dealing with grief.

However, did he ever talk about the second poly? I'm wondering why nobody has said anything about it. It makes me believe that poly was inconclusive, also.
I can't put my finger on it, but something about that interview was strange, beyond the obvious shock/denial he must feel. It was almost like he didn't understand what was going on.
I actually feel bad for feeling suspicious of him but he he has me on high alert.

ETA: I know SM is a victim, please delete if this is not acceptable speculation.

Let's not forget this is a father who has been denied access for his children for at least 10-11 months.

Respectfully snipped for space.

Yes, this was in my mind too. Here is a man who has not laid eyes on his children in almost a year. Of course it wouldn't be any less deeply painful, but he may find it a tiny bit easier to hold onto hope when he hasn't come from a situation of having his kids around everyday, to having one missing. Maybe he feels a little disconnected from the reality of it all?

Also, perhaps he is also drawing strength from the fact that if Sky is found alive and well (*praying*), surely he would have a far better chance at gaining custody?

MOO. Please let Sky come home safe :(

I wondered about the forensics in the apartment, but didn't LE say cadaver dogs didn't pick up anything? I believe in a presser today? I could be wrong, and they could be keeping it to themselves also.

They did mention both cadaver and SAR dogs did not get a scent. When I heard that my thoughts went back to moms compulsive 6-7? hour daily cleaning ritual and how that may have interferred with the dogs picking up either scent.

Leading me to wonder what they are testing in addition to the DNA they mentioned.

jmo

Yes, this was in my mind too. Here is a man who has not laid eyes on his children in almost a year. Of course it wouldn't be any less deeply painful, but he may find it a tiny bit easier to hold onto hope when he hasn't come from a situation of having his kids around everyday, to having one missing. Maybe he feels a little disconnected from the reality of it all?

Also, perhaps he is also drawing strength from the fact that if Sky is found alive and well (*praying*), surely he would have a far better chance at gaining custody?

BBM
I think this is what I'm seeing, also.

They did mention both cadaver and SAR dogs did not get a scent. When I heard that my thoughts went back to moms compulsive 6-7? hour daily cleaning ritual and how that may have interferred with the dogs picking up either scent.

Leading me to wonder what they are testing in addition to the DNA they mentioned.

jmo

I have been wondering about this myself.

<<Graphic Warning>>

We have all learned from Casey why you don't leave a deceased person lying around. I doubt that there would be any circumstances, no matter how long she leaves these children alone or how regularly that happens that she would be gone long enough for clean up to be what it was in the Anthony case. If something were to have happened to Sky at her hands, I would imagine that she would hide him quickly and the after a possibility of weeks of cleaning, who knows what they could find.

Sorry guys. :(

Respectfully, guys, the father is considered a victim here. I didn't want to comment on his demeanor. I saw smiles, but only after seeing him clearly blink away tears from his eyes.

Let's not forget this is a father who has been denied access to his children for at least 10-11 months. Mom recorded a history of ugly exchanges. Clearly this man has had to hold it together for a very ugly court battle and some very stressful custody exchanges. It's clear and obvious to me, he is drawing from that same 'energy' he has for the duration of his fight to have access to his children. And perhaps drawing from his faith in Christ since we know he attends church and is a Christian.

He's holding onto hope and he is getting the word out. Passing out fliers, talking about fliers, engaging the community and national media in getting the word out in order to find his child. Taking the time to answer questions. NONE of which the maternal family are doing.

What is coming from the maternal side of the family to find Sky?

He certainly seems willing to put himself out there front & center in the public eye for the sake of his son.

Although I've been following this case, this I don't know - how far away does Dad live?

MTE.

Dad has been through a lot. He hasn't been involved in the kids' everyday life. I can see where it would all come across as surreal for him in this situation. If he hasn't seen Sky in almost a year and LE is telling him he is missing, it must feel weird, because he has been missing in a way to him for all this time. Just for the record, I believe Dad. He's in a no win situation. I know people have said, in light of Mom's mental state, why hasn't he done something sooner? BUT look where that has gotten us? He finally did get some visitation, but now Sky is missing. He has been walking the tightrope for nearly a year. :(

Mom has some 'splaining to do. Bring Sky home!

That's along the lines of what I was thinking too. I've been through some pretty ugly situations with my sons father in court. None of which were ever as ugly as what these two parents are in the midst of experiencing, in addition to Sky now being missing.

I know from experience it takes a lot to 'hold it together' for court. Advise a client receives from their attorney about holding it together.

In all reality, I see a father who most likely believes this is another one of his STBX's shenanigans to continue denying access. He hasn't gone from the craziness of an ugly court battle to the possibilities his son is no longer with us. It's totally normal to me having been through the ugliness in family court.

MTE.

Dad has been through a lot. He hasn't been involved in the kids' everyday life. I can see where it would all come across as surreal for him in this situation. If he hasn't seen Sky in almost a year and LE is telling him he is missing, it must feel weird, because he has been missing in a way to him for all this time. Just for the record, I believe Dad. He's in a no win situation. I know people have said, in light of Mom's mental state, why hasn't he done something sooner? BUT look where that has gotten us? He finally did get some visitation, but now Sky is missing. He has been walking the tightrope for nearly a year. :(

Mom has some 'splaining to do. Bring Sky home!

Very well stated. MTE too.

He certainly seems willing to put himself out there front & center in the public eye for the sake of his son.

Although I've been following this case, this I don't know - how far away does Dad live?

SM lives in Kirkland. It's several minutes North of Bellevue, several minutes NW of Redmond just up the 405 (Microsoft rush hour excluded). Mileage/Time would depend on where in Kirkland, but in general, quite close.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016748652_missing12m.html

But with the passage of time, Metalwala is beginning to fear his son may no longer be alive, and he sobbed inconsolably for three hours Thursday night, his attorney, Leslie Clay Terry III, said Friday.

Police, too, say hopes dim as time passes.

Bellevue police Maj. Mike Johnson said the child's death "is a real possibility," given the amount of time that's passed.

From the same article above:

Terry, Metalwala's attorney, declined to release the results of his client's second polygraph test, taken Thursday. He said he needed to iron out a few matters with law-enforcement officials before doing so.

Police also refused to discuss the polygraph results.

Sounds like SM's polygraph was not a "pass with flying colors". Given what I know about what can make a person fail, I'm not concerned where the case stands. It doesn't appear that LE is making SM or his family the focus of their investigation. I'm more concerned with people who won't even try to eliminate themselves or cooperate with authorities. At the same time, I'll be interested to see what comes of this.

But why hide one child from Dad and not the other?

Is it because Sky is a male? Carrying on the family name, etc?

...with the passage of time, Metalwala is beginning to fear his son may no longer be alive, and he sobbed inconsolably for three hours Thursday night, his attorney, Leslie Clay Terry III, said Friday.

Terry, Metalwala's attorney, declined to release the results of his client's second polygraph test, taken Thursday. He said he needed to iron out a few matters with law-enforcement officials before doing so.

Police also refused to discuss the polygraph results.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016748652_missing12m.html

Well there it is. Imo confirmation of two things:

SM's greif and strength while trying to find his son, regardless of the outcome.

And most importantly, imo, I did not take his attorney's wanting to iron out a few things with LE first as dads not flying with passing colors. It spoke to me loud and clearly dads attorney is going to speak with LE first prior to saying something publicly that might impede the investigation and locating his sons client.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member