WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point. She didn't take her phone that day (that we know of), but it was an iPhone and capable of GPS.

The surveillance videos at the apartment complex (and other videos elsewhere) are going to be what ties things together IMO.

If there is survelliance video at the apartment. As far as I know it has not been confirmed there is survelliance at the apartment complex.

I wish someone who lived in that complex would join us and answer questions about the complex. they wouldn't even have to answer questions about Julia and her kids, maybe just the complex and children in the building in general.

back to catching up on the thread.

I think he biggest mistake (besides possibly hurting her child) was to say he was taken from an abandoned car. That in itself is a crime. If he had been taken from home asleep as in other cases there would still be speculation but not a confessed crime. I guess the kidnapping in the night routine has been too utilized lately. I think because she has been charged with it before she thought it would be plausible.

bbm

she knew she was recording this conversation... makes me puke

And she knew she was deliberately whipping her toddler into a frenzy, causing her tremendous emotional distress. It makes me sick too.

He was also emphatic in using the phrase "the crime that WAS committed". I think that was a message to her, make no mistake it was not just an unfortunate incident. It is and will be punished.

But maybe I read too much into things...

There appears to be a couple of things she could be charged with immediately. If there is evidence she left the two children unattended during the hours of mediation, and if they can charge her with endangerment based on her statement that she left Sky alone in the car last Sunday.

MOO

The matter of fact statement at the end of the recording makes it clear the lengths of cold-hearted manipulation she is willing to go to (imo):

I cannot stand this woman.

I couldn't agree more!

I'll remind readers again, which side of Sky's family is doing everything to help locate this child, and which side has not made a peep?

I'm sure this has already been mentioned before... but I find it so ironic. With those recordings... what Julia was doing.

It is entirely possible that Solomon did everything he could to keep the peace and not anger Julia. Sacrificing time along the way.
While it appears Julia was apparently manipulating and lying to try and turn the child against him...
It appears that Julia was perfectly willing to hurt the child psychologically in order to keep the child.

It makes me wonder what it takes in a mother like that, to make the jump from psychological harm to physical harm...

The fact that the father's name is Solomon just made it more ironic. Even I made the connection and I am not religious at all.

In one account, known as the Judgment of Solomon, two women came before Solomon to resolve a quarrel over which was the true mother of a baby.

When Solomon suggests dividing the living child in two with a sword, the true mother is revealed to him as she is willing to give up her child rather than see the baby killed.

Solomon then declares the woman who shows compassion to be the true mother, and gives the baby to her.

To me, all I hear is, gosh we wish Julia would be more cooperative. Her story doesn't add up, but, she let us have her apt. so we are paying for a nice hotel room for her....sure wish she's talk to us.....

Some kind of strategy, I assume.

There appears to be a couple of things she could be charged with immediately. If there is evidence she left the two children unattended during the hours of mediation, and if they can charge her with endangerment based on her statement that she left Sky alone in the car last Sunday.

MOO

They would have to prove that. I am sure her attorney can say that is speculated but unless she confessed to it... In the car situation she confessed and there is no way for her atty to dream up a new "scenario". There is just no way around it. Aside from her coming in and saying "okay I lied he was really at home in bed..." or the likes and still. I think even if the four year old flat out said they were alone that day it can still be argued that she is just a preschooler.

Whatever they can throw at her to get information and keep the kids safe is a good idea in my book!

To me, all I hear is, gosh we wish Julia would be more cooperative. Her story doesn't add up, but, she let us have her apt.
so we are paying for a nice hotel room for her....sure wish she's talk to us.....

Hmm... LE is "providing" a room for her? :waitasec: maybe it's "bugged"?
I wonder...

If there is survelliance video at the apartment. As far as I know it has not been confirmed there is survelliance at the apartment complex.

I wish someone who lived in that complex would join us and answer questions about the complex. they wouldn't even have to answer questions about Julia and her kids, maybe just the complex and children in the building in general.

back to catching up on the thread.

I was tempted to call the complex, pretend to be a prospective renter and ask about security provided. But, I didn't.

MOO

Abandonment codes:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.42

Custodial interference:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.40

Possible sentences:
(1) Felony. Unless a different maximum sentence for a classified felony is specifically established by a statute of this state, no person convicted of a classified felony shall be punished by confinement or fine exceeding the following:

(a) For a class A felony, by confinement in a state correctional institution for a term of life imprisonment, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of fifty thousand dollars, or by both such confinement and fine;

(b) For a class B felony, by confinement in a state correctional institution for a term of ten years, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of twenty thousand dollars, or by both such confinement and fine;

(c) For a class C felony, by confinement in a state correctional institution for five years, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of ten thousand dollars, or by both such confinement and fine.

(2) Gross misdemeanor. Every person convicted of a gross misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of up to three hundred sixty-four days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than five thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.20.021

Unless they find Sky, it looks like she could be facing five years maximum.

ETA: Unless they can somehow state that his disappearance is considered great bodily harm, then she could get up to 10, but I don't think they can stretch that.

Just my thought when I started comparing the scenarios...

A) Leave her out where she has complete control over what she wears, when she showers, what she cleans...

B) Arrest her for neglect and put her in a dirty, nasty jail... where she has no control, no cleaning products.

I am extremely adaptable and quickly adapted to living in the wilderness. I'd likely adapt to jail too... despite my OCD.

What about Julia? Does she adapt to changes in her life/rituals even if she resists them at first? Or does she throw tantrums?

They need to know more about her personality before they make this decision. It could break her, or she could just chill there.

I think he biggest mistake (besides possibly hurting her child) was to say he was taken from an abandoned car. That in itself is a crime. If he had been taken from home asleep as in other cases there would still be speculation but not a confessed crime. I guess the kidnapping in the night routine has been too utilized lately. I think because she has been charged with it before she thought it would be plausible.

I think because she lived in that big apartment building it would have been impossible to claim that an intruder broke into her apt. and stole the child. I think there are cameras that would negate that story. imoo I hope there are, because I am dying to know the last time the baby was caught on camera at home with his mom.

I have heard that the car that JB was driving Sunday morning was not hers, but her brothers. Does anybody know if that's true? If it is, I wonder how long she has had it. Wouldn't her brother have seen Sky when he lent her the car? Hmmmm.

One other thing, there are traffic cameras all over that area. I wonder what LE knows as far as how she traveled and where she went.

http://www1.redmond.gov/TrafficCameras/

http://www.bellevuewa.gov/trafficcam/

ETA- My heart just sunk when I saw that LE is thinking about searching in Issaquah. Once you start going east the whole area is woods. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's not that far from Tiger Mountain where Ted Bundy left his victims. Hikers get lost in that area and searching for them is hard, that's even when they know the area the hiker was in. I just can't imagine trying to find a 2yr old up there without any specific leads (like a confession). If he's really up there, they would never find him. :(

They would have to prove that. I am sure her attorney can say that is speculated but unless she confessed to it... In the car situation she confessed and there is no way for her atty to dream up a new "scenario". There is just no way around it. Aside from her coming in and saying "okay I lied he was really at home in bed..." or the likes and still. I think even if the four year old flat out said they were alone that day it can still be argued that she is just a preschooler.

Whatever they can throw at her to get information and keep the kids safe is a good idea in my book!

Sorry I don't have the link but I thought she did admit the children were alone during mediation and she admitted to lying about having a sitter. They also knew the children were left alone (Friday?) when she got a hair cut and went shoe shopping.

Sorry I don't have the link but I thought she did admit the children were alone during mediation and she admitted to lying about having a sitter. They also knew the children were left alone (Friday?) when she got a hair cut and went shoe shopping.

I'm wondering if they could stack the sentences. Have them run consecutively for each offense?

Oh, maybe I missed confirmation. I thought I heard the Major say there were several reports of her leaving the children unattended but he had the same info we all did. He had heard the same. If she confessed to it that will make things go even smoother. Less work.

Oh, maybe I missed confirmation. I thought I heard the Major say there were several reports of her leaving the children unattended but he had the same info we all did. He had heard the same. If she confessed to it that will make things go even smoother. Less work.

I still cannot believe she would leave a 4 yr old in charge of a 2 yr old--for 11 hours! I wouldn't leave a teen alone for 11 hours. That is ridiculous. She should be in jail right now for that behavior alone. imoo

How very sad that this woman has been able to keep those children from their father for so long. I think she must have been bitterly disappointed that her marriage to this man did not put her on Easy Street for life. So, in retaliation she punishes the ex by using their children. Evil.

IMHO

That was my belief also, that there was some proof (even by her own admission) the children had been left alone during mediation.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member