WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marina: I recognized a La Quinta Inn up on the hillside. Also the direction and proximity to Rainier looked more like Tacoma.

This looks like the view from the Museums in Tacoma. (Museum of Glass, WA State History Museum, Tacoma Art Museums). There is a marina just like this facing Rainier next to the Museum of Glass. The La Quinta would be right in that area as well.

ETA: IT IS!!

I did a street view. The Supervalue there is the big building with the red lettering. The double building is just at Delin Docks, 1616 East D Street, Tacoma.

Delin Docks, East D Street, Tacoma, WA - Google Maps

In his defense, what you say he should have done might have been IMPOSSIBLE. She seems to be Batzhitt Krazy. If a man defied her, and said too bad, I am going to go use the bathroom, when he came out, he was likely to find cops at the door, after receiving a 911 call from her. She would likely have punched herself or cut herself, just to have a reason for them to take him in. That is how crazy wives gain control of their homes, imo. I have seen it happen myself to a very sweet man who wanted the best for his kids. He never had a chance.

I agree. I have suspected from the get go if she had any wounds from the allegations of physical abuse by her then dh they were self inflicted.

JMO

We are allowed to post links to the flickr account, right?

If not, MODS, please correct me and I will delete this posting.

The photo of the marina was taken in September 2011, but posted today. It is the only picture she has posted that I've seen that is not of a person, and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Any locals recognize this marina? If I'm correct, that is Mt. Ranier in the background, isn't it?

3729513803_fea386b7bf

Sorry to keep going on about this marina, but it sure sets off alarm bells in my mind.

We can post the link to the flickr account. We can't post individual photo's here.

hth

Respectfully, what some people fail to understand is that police can do nothing until a crime is committed.

Calling the police because your mentally unstable wife wants you and the kids to sleep on the floor would do....what exactly? Calling the police because your wife will not feed the kids and insists on you leaving work to come feed them will do.....what exactly? And so on and so on and so on.

Soloman was doing everything he was allowed to do within the limits of the law, and beyond. He was getting his wife medical help, help I'm sure they weren't in a great position to afford, but he did it because it was the right thing to do for his wife AND for his kids. When the kids fell into the unfortunate abyss of the "system", he followed it's dictates as required by law. In the meantime, he nearly killed himself trying to take care of them ALL, hoping that medical care would bring things back into the fold of sanity.

Had Soloman INSTEAD decided to "man up" as you say, as in break the law, I'm sure we all right now would be reading about this case from the perspective of his being a monster and violator of the worst degree.

I've lived this scenario personally and helped my son in every way possible to survive his year in hell. I gave up the life I was living and moved to live near them to help protect the life of my granddaughter in her first year.

It is very discouraging to see people criticize Soloman when he did everything he COULD do.

The police will not do anything until a law has already been broken. CPS will not do anything until a child has already been abused. It's a terrible situation.

Has he ever taken the kids to the doctor? She was starving them according to him. How about getting medical proof that these children were getting abused? How about looking at every possible option of getting the kids out of her care?

Didn't he accuse her of brusing the kids to make it look like he did it? Did the kids have bruises? Why didn't he take pictures? Why didn't he document it?

Actually, it was JB that accused him of bruising the kids. The bruises were photographed and presented as evidence. He claims he didn't do it. I have absolutely no idea as to what you would expect him to do when he was the one accused.

So the Marina photo was taken North of the museums in Tacoma. There are some shops, businesses and eateries that have that view. There is a rather dramatic drop down from the street to water level from that area.

My gosh, if he was placed in the Port of Tacoma I wouldn't expect he'd be found.

Posters were right about this sticking out like a sore thumb. Julia's world seemed centered on the East Side (Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland and Issaquah by extension). It's not unusual for locals to hit the museums in Tacoma or the Point Defiance Zoo, but I don't see any other photos from the south end here on flickr.

ETA: I'm going to mail the tipline. (Done)

Has he ever taken the kids to the doctor? She was starving them according to him. How about getting medical proof that these children were getting abused? How about looking at every possible option of getting the kids out of her care?

Didn't he accuse her of brusing the kids to make it look like he did it? Did the kids have bruises? Why didn't he take pictures? Why didn't he document it?

He didn't say she was starving them. He said for a period of time she wasn't feeding them normally, so he left work in order to do it. They were getting fed regularly, by him, in restaurants.

She took pictures of the bruising and said he did it. He said he didn't do it, so he assumes she must have done it. He didn't need to take pictures of it, since she had taken the photos and submitted them.

He did try to get the kids out of her care. He called the police when she threatened suicide, and she was subsequently hospitalized while he cared for the children, apparently for a few months. (She said seven months, but it doesn't seem like it was really that long; I'm not sure)

Marina: I recognized a La Quinta Inn up on the hillside. Also the direction and proximity to Rainier looked more like Tacoma.

This looks like the view from the Museums in Tacoma. (Museum of Glass, WA State History Museum, Tacoma Art Museums). There is a marina just like this facing Rainier next to the Museum of Glass. The La Quinta would be right in that area as well.

ETA: IT IS!!

I did a street view. The Supervalue there is the big building with the red lettering. The double building is just at Delin Docks, 1616 East D Street, Tacoma.

Good eyes! Thank you for recognizing!

Okay, so not a local marina, and not at all the route she was presumably driving that Sunday he was reported "missing"... of course we could go back to the argument that nobody but her had seen him in the 2 weeks prior to that day.

Google map says Tacoma is about an hour South of Redmond, so it's not really out of the realm of possibility for a quick drive down and back.

Wonder if her cell phone pinged in the Tacoma area in those 2 weeks prior...

I am probably barking up the wrong tree, but man oh man would I love to see some progress here!

Respectfully, what some people fail to understand is that police can do nothing until a crime is committed.

Calling the police because your mentally unstable wife wants you and the kids to sleep on the floor would do....what exactly? Calling the police because your wife will not feed the kids and insists on you leaving work to come feed them will do.....what exactly? And so on and so on and so on.

Soloman was doing everything he was allowed to do within the limits of the law, and beyond. He was getting his wife medical help, help I'm sure they weren't in a great position to afford, but he did it because it was the right thing to do for his wife AND for his kids. When the kids fell into the unfortunate abyss of the "system", he followed it's dictates as required by law. In the meantime, he nearly killed himself trying to take care of them ALL, hoping that medical care would bring things back into the fold of sanity.

Had Soloman INSTEAD decided to "man up" as you say, as in break the law, I'm sure we all right now would be reading about this case from the perspective of his being a monster and violator of the worst degree.

I've lived this scenario personally and helped my son in every way possible to survive his year in hell. I gave up the life I was living and moved to live near them to help protect the life of my granddaughter in her first year.

It is very discouraging to see people criticize Soloman when he did everything he COULD do.

The police will not do anything until a law has already been broken. CPS will not do anything until a child has already been abused. It's a terrible situation.

The problem is, we have only one side to the story, and until we know more, many people, including myself, wonder why it went on this way for so long when there are other options.

IMO, it is a normal reaction to question why ...

I agree. I don't believe he had anything to do with Sky's disappearance, but there is something off with this guy. I've watched him on a couple of interviews and he seems to have a difficult time answering questions. On GMA it was like pulling teeth to get a straight answer from him. I still say he may be one of the main causes of Julia's mental problems. That's not making excuses for her, either, just saying that we obviously don't know everything that went on in that marriage and I can't give him a free pass any more than I can her, until I know more details.
I do give him credit for making these public appearances and passing out fliers, though. At least he's not hiding out.

I'm going to assume that the recording that JB made and posted to her blog about how much their kids didn't want to go with him was done with her knowledge, and not his. I could be wrong, but that was the sense I got from listening to it.

IF my assumption is accurate, then I see him as gentle and maybe weak (not meant in an emasculating way, I just mean he isn't excessively powerful). She was saying things to him that he does agree are true and he's just taking it. Completely choosing to focus on the exchange, what needs to be done, and not taking her bait. IME controlling or spiteful men can't sit and listen to things like JB was telling him and let it roll off while focusing on what he's there for. True or not, most harsh men can't be talked to like that without biting back IME. Not only that, but she certainly didn't seem in any way affected by or manipulated by or controlled by him.

My perception only, and I'm only going on what I've read and heard- which obviously isn't the same as having lived with him.

add this for a destination to the existing map linked above . . . .straight to the west on 83rd from the Apt. Look at the street level of this coordinate . . . very very close to Sammamish River trail

47.675097,-122.132692

(sorry I don't know how to give you the exact map I am looking at)

Thanks. Is this it? Old railroad trestle? Looks pretty isolated doesn't it for the middle of a city? http://g.co/maps/xxrd2

If you think of how this grandmother feels about men, and Sky being a male, it appears her connection to males, even her own blood, is not important to her. Perhaps in this grandmothers eyes, Sky will just grow up doing to women what the grandmother's husband did to her. It's so hard to get into the minds of people who have such ill feelings against men. IMO

I think this has a lot to do with the brother's loyalty right now, and seeming to put priority on his sister over Sky. I was raised in a household with no mom and a lot of hate towards women, and it's an interesting experience.

I don't think Sky was targeted for being male though, I think it's more like he was younger, less "programmable", more frustrating, less conceding to anger as a behavioral modification, so on and so forth. :(

How do you know that he didn't do all of these things? Were you there to personally witness it?

This may be a completely off the wall thing but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Does it bug anyone else that there are so many photos of Sky wearing a hoody, a knit cap or something else on his head. I honestly have no idea why but it seems "off" to me for some reason.

This may be a completely off the wall thing but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Does it bug anyone else that there are so many photos of Sky wearing a hoody, a knit cap or something else on his head. I honestly have no idea why but it seems "off" to me for some reason.

There's a lot in this case that seems off to me.

Good eyes! Thank you for recognizing!

Okay, so not a local marina, and not at all the route she was presumably driving that Sunday he was reported "missing"... of course we could go back to the argument that nobody but her had seen him in the 2 weeks prior to that day.

Google map says Tacoma is about an hour South of Redmond, so it's not really out of the realm of possibility for a quick drive down and back.

Wonder if her cell phone pinged in the Tacoma area in those 2 weeks prior...

I am probably barking up the wrong tree, but man oh man would I love to see some progress here!

It's that distinctive La Quinta that got me looking. That and essentially it's pointing toward my little village.

It's a big suburban area. Some people live in Tacoma and work at MS in Redmond, some drive or take the train to Seattle. Not really considered and epic distance around here.

She had plenty of time to take him to Tacoma. Just not around 8 am on Sunday.

I thought it was cute and the "in" thing for the day. I saw "Miss M" wearing hats too. Maybe they are fans of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" who wear hats, hoodies, etc.

Looking more closely at the photo she posted from Tacoma, lining up landmarks and view, my guess is this photo is taken from the condos at 1515 Dock Street.

Those condos have their own dock. So does she know someone there, and do they have a boat?

It's that distinctive La Quinta that got me looking. That and essentially it's pointing toward my little village.

It's a big suburban area. Some people live in Tacoma and work at MS in Redmond, some drive or take the train to Seattle. Not really considered and epic distance around here.

She had plenty of time to take him to Tacoma. Just not around 8 am on Sunday.

You rock! Good move mailing the tip line.

Fingers crossed...

Not for that area. I visited the Vancouver area once for Canadian Thanksgiving. Coming from the Chicago area and used to our fall weather I wasn't prepared. Fall there was like a windy cold rainy March day in Chicago.

I think it might be due to the weather, or perhaps protection from the sun like lots of men with thinning hair wear hats in the sun. Sky wore his hair very short too, so mom may have used the hats for protection from the sun.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member