WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking again today about this case and hoping that something will break in this case soon. I feel the cops are allowing JUlia to be free so that they can observe her, hoping she will do things that will lead them to Sky or will do something to incriminate herself, or even do something illegal that they can use as leverage against her.

Remember that Casey and OJ both were charged with murder, acquitted but were convicted of totally different crimes. Even Ron Cummings (sp?) and Misty Croslin are doing time for something other than the disappearance of Haleigh.

So maybe the police are making sure they have a "plan B" for when they take her into custody to ensure she won't get out even if they can't connect her to the disappearance of Sky.

Now, that being said.... I was thinking today about Julia's seeming tendency towards stripes such as Sky almost always wearing striped clothes and her insistence on vacuuming and leaving perfect straight lines or stripes on the freshly vacuumed floor.

Good thing she likes stripes because I see a lot of them in her future wardrobe, like a classy little jumpsuit with big black and white stripes along with a new little home with bars that look just like stripes too.:behindbar
BBM

Just an observation, she was really big into a certain image- organic foods, natural, etc. That's sort of the same circle I tend to run in, and stripes in the forms she was using them are uber popular in that crowd. My kids also have a ton of stripes, especially the younger they were and the more they didn't care :) IOW- I saw the stripes as part of fitting into this image she was portraying.

I hope she gets assigned to a prison with bright orange jumpsuits, she doesn't deserve stripes :waiting:

This may be a completely off the wall thing but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Does it bug anyone else that there are so many photos of Sky wearing a hoody, a knit cap or something else on his head. I honestly have no idea why but it seems "off" to me for some reason.

I live in Oregon, and I wear hoodies almost every day of the year. It just doesn't get that hot.

Not for that area. I visited the Vancouver area once for Canadian Thanksgiving. Coming from the Chicago area and used to our fall weather I wasn't prepared. Fall there was like a windy cold rainy March day in Chicago.

I think it might be due to the weather, or perhaps protection from the sun like lots of men with thinning hair wear hats in the sun. Sky wore his hair very short too, so mom may have used the hats for protection from the sun.

jmo

I also thought the same thing because putting on a hat keeps them warmer and they don't lose as much body heat.

Good question although the mom and dad both seemed to do this.

Ima
They did, sure, question is just about who learned their lesson and who didn't. Maybe the parenting classes worked for someone. :crazy:

They did, sure, question is just about who learned their lesson and who didn't. Maybe the parenting classes worked for someone. :crazy:

Another good question, listening to them both I don't know the children would be in good hands with either one though. I guess one fact we do know, Sky is gone on the mom's watch.

Ima

If you look at pic 5368982600_cce6717543 of Sky in his bedroom on the floor both the mattress and box spring are leaning against the wall which seems strange to me and a bit dangerous. If they tip over they could crush and smother a 2 year old. Julia's house is not baby proof at all. This is consisten with Solomon's explanation of how she didn't let them sleep in their beds at the end. They all had to sleep on the floor so they wouldn't dirty up the beds. Unreal.

Thanks for that observation and noticing how dangerous it is for young children.

We experienced many similar things the year my daughter in law was very ill after my granddaughter was born. Please understand that after a hospitalization, MUCH counseling, psychiatric care, and compliance with medications, she is better, so I am not criticizing her her, I'm trying to help people understand the "thinking" that goes on within.

In that period of time, she would typically be VERY resentful of anything that seemed to give her child attention instead of her. I could see pointing out the dangerous mattress leaning against the wall bringing a screaming comment like "how dare you, the kids are FINE, I'm the one that needs help here, if I only had ______________, that mattress wouldn't need to be there at all".

After hospitalization when her meds would have harmed her baby so doctors stopped her breastfeeding, she didn't want to quit and told them "what I want is MORE important, if I'm not happy, the baby can't possible be happy". At that time no doctors could reason with her that having organs, bones, and a brain were more important to her 3 month old child than her mother being "happy". NOTHING else mattered but what SHE wanted. When she finally wanted to give her a bottle herself, she refused to warm it even to room temp (winter near-ice temps) insisting the baby didnt NEED that much attention. don't even get me started on the imaginary tumors she thought the baby had and how we had to watch the knives in the house. The worst memory of all was watching her run through the house stomping up and down while hanging the baby upside down (shaken baby syndrome). She could easily have claimed "abuse" when my son held her so he could get the baby safely away.

At 20 degrees, she would put on her own down coat, scarf, hat, and gloves, and then go stand outside to talk on her cell phone HOLDING HER BABY IN NOTHING BUT A THIN COTTON T-SHIRT AND DIAPER. No coat, not even socks. If we tried to go outside and cover the baby in a blanket, she would SCREAM "she's FINE, she's not COLD, I'm the one that needs help". Even when pointed out that it was cold enough for HER to wear a winter coat, she just had ZERO empathy. Always, she was the ONLY one she could feel concern for. She was completely incapable of caring for anything outside of herself. Constantly, the baby HAD NO NEEDS, while she herself had extraordinarily impossible demands.

Each event necessitated yet ANOTHER trip to both pediatricians and psychiatrists, often daily trips, so the "professionals" could evaluate and reason with her, without any real success.

As things continued to get steadily worse in spite of her medical treatment, the doctors said the baby must be cared for completely outside the home and away from her for safety. Had we not moved there to make that possible, we might be missing her today the way that Soloman is missing Sky.

She is better now. She will always struggle. There will always be a need for hyper vigilance and early warning signs of relapses. My son is incredibly kind, patient, and wants more than anything for his children to have a healthy mother and a whole family in one supportive and secure environment. There is just no way of knowing if this will be possible, but he is doing everything, and I mean everything, that a person in his predicament can do.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank those that are seeing the subtle signs that Julia's concerns are NOT for her children's health and wellbeing. I'm guessing she is super selfish and self obsessed, and that she RESENTS the attention the children need.

ETA: and his "other option" would be divorce wherein his wife would get at least some periods of custody/visitation ALONE with the kids!! How is that considered a "better option" by any reasonable thought??

I stumbled across this article online -- supposedly an interview with JB's mom. Anyone local know if this source is legit?

"An exclusive one on one with grandmother of missing child"
http://www.thenewtakhoman.com/111411.html

JB's mom says she was interviewed by the FBI twice, mentions "Julia's problems", and talks about the family's history (coming to the US and her ex leaving her for a young prostitute).

Interesting find. I am admittedly way, way behind on this thread, but I don't find this article to be credible whatsoever. Nothing about it makes sense. I don't buy it. Perhaps you all have discussed this already. And of course perhaps I am wrong, and this is a well-known, credible "news" source who somehow managed to make inside contact with the family.

back to reading...

One quick thought about JB's mum, IME Ukrainians are much more forthcoming about personal feelings and emotions than westerners. I'm not sure that her being overly expressive about her feelings can be gauged the same as we would gauge it for a westerner. I mean she still didn't talk much about her sorrow for missing Sky, but it's a thought to include when processing the mother.

ETA- I should have said Ukranian culture in general, I obviously can't speak about people or individuals without stereotyping.

Yep, or that cold, hoodies are common year-round around here.

I totally realized my comment didn't make sense. HAHA! I am in Portland as well. =) We have crazy weather, but never crazy hot or cold. At least not for extended periods of time.

One quick thought about JB's mum, IME Ukrainians are much more forthcoming about personal feelings and emotions than westerners. I'm not sure that her being overly expressive about her feelings can be gauged the same as we would gauge it for a westerner. I mean she still didn't talk much about her sorrow for missing Sky, but it's a thought to include when processing the mother.

I totally agree with you on considering differences in culture.

On the other hand, she might be seething with anger that Sky is getting so much attention and Soloman is getting sympathy.

That is the way my daughter in law would have responded when she was severely dysfunctional after the birth of her baby. And Julia's behaviors are reminding me ALOT of that year in hell.

ETA: oops, I see that you meant Julia's mother not talking of missing Sky, not Julia herself. In that case, I guess what I see is her mother feeling a great deal of PAIN for her own daughter Julia, and maybe overwhelm at not being able to fix the problems?

I totally realized my comment didn't make sense. HAHA! I am in Portland as well. =) We have crazy weather, but never crazy hot or cold. At least not for extended periods of time.

Ha! I knew what you meant!

Re discussions about hoodies/hats: we had a terrible summer in Western WA this year. Summer weather this year was counted in days, not weeks...a very cool year overall. So I wouldn't read into what the kids are or aren't wearing in the photos.

Interesting find. I am admittedly way, way behind on this thread, but I don't find this article to be credible whatsoever. Nothing about it makes sense. I don't buy it. Perhaps you all have discussed this already. And of course perhaps I am wrong, and this is a well-known, credible "news" source who somehow managed to make inside contact with the family.

back to reading...

I have NO problem empathizing with this poor woman. She clearly says Jukia's "problems" have been slowly killing her for the last few YEARS. she knows Julia is not right and she cannot "fix" it or protect her grandkids.

Having been through it, I TOTALLY understand, about the horror of having a child with mental illness. (and although my husband didn't leave me for a prostitute, he DID leave me for an eighteen year old college student of his, but I was only glad and relieved for myself and so very sorry for her ~snicker~)

Let me preface by saying I wouldn't wish suicidal thoughts, attempts or success on anyone. Perhaps the lack of a breakdown of somesorts, logging into the sugar daddy website (if in fact that was JB and not LE) tilts the scales towards mom being a sociopath, imo.

Her behavior leaves me with nagging concerns that chill me to the bone. I believe when the facts come out, this woman will make Casey Anthony's actions look like kids play.

JMO

BBM

Anyone active in the LI forum know that I love to give benefit of the doubt until there are facts and concrete evidence, but this is exactly what I expect in this case as well. I wish I could be more optimistic, of course, and even more so I hope I'm wrong.

This is getting stranger and stranger.

In July of 2009, Julia originally uploaded that photo of the view in Tacoma. I still maintain it comes from that area of 1515 Dock Street.

However, JB was at the zoo with SM, M, some friends or relatives including her brother, and was quite pregnant. She was at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma.

So why repost that?

Also, I want to point out that the view she photographed is not on the way to the zoo from the freeway. She would have had to take the city center turn off and head into that area, rather than continue onto 16. The 16 ramps have recently been changed, but this wouldn't have changed at all.

I wonder if the family members/friends featured possibly lived in the area where the photo was taken?

It's spooky that she's reposting that so out of context, it really is. Taken when she was very pregnant with Sky.

back to reading...

If that is true, her narcissism is inherited. She has a smidgen of the poor me syndrome as well. Uhm, how is her grandson not mentioned in there once and how is her exhusband leaving her 20 years ago relevant?

This is getting stranger and stranger.

In July of 2009, Julia originally uploaded that photo of the view in Tacoma. I still maintain it comes from that area of 1515 Dock Street.

However, JB was at the zoo with SM, M, some friends or relatives including her brother, and was quite pregnant. She was at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma.

So why repost that?

Also, I want to point out that the view she photographed is not on the way to the zoo from the freeway. She would have had to take the city center turn off and head into that area, rather than continue onto 16. The 16 ramps have recently been changed, but this wouldn't have changed at all.

I wonder if the family members/friends featured possibly lived in the area where the photo was taken?

It's spooky that she's reposting that so out of context, it really is. Taken when she was very pregnant with Sky.

Im just catching up and havent looked yet but all of her photos have a reason. I cant wait to go figure it out.

UGH! I am not seeing this urgent care on the map. Nor am I seeing an updated address for mom on the map, now that we know the name of the apartment complex.

I'd really like to know the exact address and name of this urgent care location. We NEED the hours they are open on Sundays!

If this urgent care a 2 minute walk from moms apartment is open on Sundays at the time JB sent her friend the email we have all we need to know.

JMO

idk... I don't think that's all we need to know...I would never take a kid to an independent urgent care facility, which are typically even located in strip malls. The prices are typically jacked up, and limited as to insurance/provider enrollment. Often you to pay up front, then get your insurance to reimburse you. Someone earlier said they would go double distance to take their kid to Children's... I would do the same thing. When I lived in Boston, I would take the child [that I was legal/physical guardian of] to Children's Hospital hands down over the other community hospitals much closer. Best standard of care. Would not even consider a little urgent care facility. The other thing is that peeps like to go where they feel comfortable, and if her own care was there before then... has anyone discovered where the kids got care in the past, other than routine care at the homeopathic place?

Anywho, at the end of the day, I believe that all this is a mute point. She was not headed to the hospital, and he was not in the car that day. That's my opinion, of course. Undoubtedly she knew of this seemingly remote-ish stretch of road that would fit the plan to stage a kidnapping. Perhaps she did a location scout in the recent weeks. Wonder how far back they can trace pings and determine if she had been to that area recently? Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne