Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Odd side note...since she seems to have been wearing Men's shoes, she may have irregular arches to her feet. My mother has very wide arches to her feet and has to wear men's shoes since they are wider. Some other women do too.
Then again, it could have been a fashion statement.

Awesome side note...

Odd side note...since she seems to have been wearing Men's shoes, she may have irregular arches to her feet.

Awesome. I played soccer, I wore boys shoes. I was a size 7 1/2-8 womans, wore 5-6 boys. I could get great prices on Nike's buying at boy prices instead of mens/womens :D

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2128&=1&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Found her in namus.gov. They have her ID potential as four stars out of five (that's good). They also give the address where she was found. I'm not sure that I am allowed to give it, but it's there if someone wants to see the area.

I've worn guys shoes too - wide feet. I have always thought of this beauty as a free-spirit kind of hippie girl. She was very tall and I've searched the missing persons sites from all over the country based mostly on that characteristic with no luck. My gut feeling is that she thumbed her way to WA and is not necessarily from the NW. I will keep looking!

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2128&=1&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Found her in namus.gov. They have her ID potential as four stars out of five (that's good). They also give the address where she was found. I'm not sure that I am allowed to give it, but it's there if someone wants to see the area.

Great link (new for me) thanks.

Gracenote

Awesome. I played soccer, I wore boys shoes. I was a size 7 1/2-8 womans, wore 5-6 boys. I could get great prices on Nike's buying at boy prices instead of mens/womens :D

My sister does too, for comfort's sake. Wide feet.

This lady could have gotten her shoes from a shelter. The one I worked at, clients took whatever clothes were close enough in size to fit them.

She also has had good dental care (I think) with no untreated rotten teeth (been there done that) so maybe she has not been homeless for long if she ever was.

(This is my first case and I am purely practicing sleuthing skills. Just ignore if you like. I am all over the place so far) This was someone's baby and she needs to be named. I am glad she has not been forgotten.

Gracenote

Odd side note...since she seems to have been wearing Men's shoes, she may have irregular arches to her feet. My mother has very wide arches to her feet and has to wear men's shoes since they are wider. Some other women do too.

Interestesting side note. Thanks for that info I never knew that.

I graduated from high school in '77 and there weren't as many choices for girls sneakers and we always wore the boys style. Favorites were the high-top basketball sneakers.

Interestesting side note. Thanks for that info I never knew that.

I graduated from high school in '77 and there weren't as many choices for girls sneakers and we always wore the boys style. Favorites were the high-top basketball sneakers.

Didn't consider that they might have been the only ones available. I don't really know about the footwear cjoices in 77, I wasn't born til 1985. :blushing::blushing:

I did think about maybe her getting them from a shelter, but she doesn't have the dental problems of a street kid. No scars or marks or tats either.

The 1972 pic looks similar, but her height is off. I'm wondering if they did a complete autopsy on Snohomish Jane Doe. If so, wouldn't they have been able to tell if she had given birth?
good sleuthing Fairy!!!

YAY, I get to use experience...
When they do an autopsy and they check for signs of childbirth, they look for several things. One is stretch marks in certain areas, hips, breasts, thighs. They also look at calcium buildup in certain parts of the body, rib structure and hip dysplasia.
They look at the uterus directly if the body isn't too badly decomped, but I did have a detective tell me at one point that they can't always tell whether a woman has had a child or just had a D and C by looking at the uterus.
I know there are other ways, but I'm not sure what all of them are.

I've read Yvonne's page on the Charley Project before and she seems like a good match. Both girls were tall at 5'10" and wearing cut-off shorts. I can also see someone who worked outside pumping gas wearing men's tennis shoes for comfort.

Yvonne disappeared from Ohio on August 8 and Jane Doe was found in Washington on August 14. That's quite a distance but I still think the match sounds good.

Jane Doe's page lists underpants among her clothing but no bra, and that tank top is so "strappy" I wonder if it could have been worn under another shirt in place of a bra. Yvonne's CP page mentions she was last seen wearing a yellow t-shirt but it doesn't mention whether that shirt had a Sunoco logo on it. (Sunoco's logo is yellow and blue.) It's possible she could have been wearing the tank top in place of a bra. She's described as 5'10" and 135 pounds, and women with slim builds tend to have smaller busts so a bra might be optional. I can see someone running away discarding any clothing that would identify her workplace, as well as an abductor making her remove something that would identify her as a Sunoco employee.

Does anyone here remember what Sunoco employees wore in the late Seventies? Was it a company-wide standard or did each station have its own uniform (coveralls vs. t-shirts for warmer weather?)

I've read Yvonne's page on the Charley Project before and she seems like a good match. Both girls were tall at 5'10" and wearing cut-off shorts. I can also see someone who worked outside pumping gas wearing men's tennis shoes for comfort.

Yvonne disappeared from Ohio on August 8 and Jane Doe was found in Washington on August 14. That's quite a distance but I still think the match sounds good.

Jane Doe's page lists underpants among her clothing but no bra, and that tank top is so "strappy" I wonder if it could have been worn under another shirt in place of a bra. Yvonne's CP page mentions she was last seen wearing a yellow t-shirt but it doesn't mention whether that shirt had a Sunoco logo on it. (Sunoco's logo is yellow and blue.) It's possible she could have been wearing the tank top in place of a bra. She's described as 5'10" and 135 pounds, and women with slim builds tend to have smaller busts so a bra might be optional. I can see someone running away discarding any clothing that would identify her workplace, as well as an abductor making her remove something that would identify her as a Sunoco employee.

Does anyone here remember what Sunoco employees wore in the late Seventies? Was it a company-wide standard or did each station have its own uniform (coveralls vs. t-shirts for warmer weather?)

Going braless in the '70's was normal and we usually didn't wear clothes as a substitute for bras we just let it hang out...LOL...You would think that the killer would have told everything he knew after-all he already served his time they couldn't convict him twice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PIBrilliant
Back