GUILTY WA - Summer Lytle, 4, tortured to death, Spokane, 10 March 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will try to find this and add the link - but in one of the reports I read that Adriana had looked in on her once after pushing her in the water and she was submerged with only her nose and mouth above the water and she was spouting water into the air with her mouth. The next time she looked in she was unresponsive.

It makes me wonder about why she drowned. Did she choke? Hypothermia? Or some very sad and dark thought sees her almost meditatively drawing in and spouting out that cold dirty water and simply breathing it in, finding a path out of that misery.

I hurt for this little girl - it's just so unfair. She had such a pretty smile - I hope she gets to use it now - I imagine she lights up a room when she's allowed to.

I will try to find this and add the link - but in one of the reports I read that Adriana had looked in on her once after pushing her in the water and she was submerged with only her nose and mouth above the water and she was spouting water into the air with her mouth. The next time she looked in she was unresponsive.

It makes me wonder about why she drowned. Did she choke? Hypothermia? Or some very sad and dark thought sees her almost meditatively drawing in and spouting out that cold dirty water and simply breathing it in, finding a path out of that misery.

I hurt for this little girl - it's just so unfair. She had such a pretty smile - I hope she gets to use it now - I imagine she lights up a room when she's allowed to.

I remember reading this part too. Then combined with the fact she was made to wash her clothes in the water, maybe a shirt or something floated over her face and she panicked and drowned. I remember when I was little, around 6 I think, this happened to me with a washcloth, and I was too panicked to take it off. Nothing happened because my mom was right there, but I know from experience that it isn't as simple as 'just taking it off your face'.
This story still makes me so mad and sad... I'm from a family of redheads and Summer just looks like she would fit right in.

I remember reading this part too. Then combined with the fact she was made to wash her clothes in the water, maybe a shirt or something floated over her face and she panicked and drowned. I remember when I was little, around 6 I think, this happened to me with a washcloth, and I was too panicked to take it off. Nothing happened because my mom was right there, but I know from experience that it isn't as simple as 'just taking it off your face'.
This story still makes me so mad and sad... I'm from a family of redheads and Summer just looks like she would fit right in.

You know Janet, now that you say that I can recall that happening with the washcloth also. That's a very good point. My little 4yo panics if water accidentally runs down her face instead of the back of her head when I'm rising her hair.

That's just so amazingly sad.

This just makes me sick, they should string them both up by their toe nails!!!:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
From the story I read Summer's mother had been trying to get her back from the father and he wouldn't let her. He also went and picked her up- the mother didn't just drop her off. I don't know how accurate the story is but the police seem to believe it from the statements that have been given.

This poor little baby- she will be in my prayers.

I'm sorry but I don't think this little angel died because there was a piece of clothing on her little face. I think her ignorant abusive stepmother killed her. This was not an accidental death, that's why the parents were charged with murder.

I'm sorry but I don't think this little angel died because there was a piece of clothing on her little face. I think her ignorant abusive stepmother killed her. This was not an accidental death, that's why the parents were charged with murder.

I agree 100 percent, it said the stepmother forced her to wash clothes in the bathtub for 9 hours that day and when she went to check on her she was angry that they weren't clean and she kicked little Summer in the back and she fell into the tub, where no doubt she got tangled up in the clothes and couldn't get out. Poor baby.
link to story

I agree 100 percent, it said the stepmother forced her to wash clothes in the bathtub for 9 hours that day and when she went to check on her she was angry that they weren't clean and she kicked little Summer in the back and she fell into the tub, where no doubt she got tangled up in the clothes and couldn't get out. Poor baby.
link to story

My 7 yr old is developmentally delayed, but I don't know what that meant in Summer's case. Everytime I look at my daughter I can't help but think of Summer in that bathroom washing those stupid clothes while being told to stand up straight by her father. (Yeah, right.) ARGH.

I just want a few minutes alone with those horrible monsters.

Philamena, please remember what I said was in reply to:

We were discussing what could have happened if the story the stepmother told was true.
I don't know what caused Summer's death... come to think of it, has it ever been established?

Everytime I look at my daughter I can't help but think of Summer in that bathroom washing those stupid clothes while being told to stand up straight by her father. (Yeah, right.) ARGH.

How in the world is someone, even someone short like a 4 year old, supposed to 'stand up straight' while washing clothes in a bath tub?!? :banghead:

This really breaks my heart. I try to put myself in the little girls position in my mind and it makes me sick and makes me want to kick that stepmom right in the da*n face. I hope I don't end up in prison one day because I can tell you with all the abuse that goes on with our precious little children í'm afraid one day if I come across anyone doing it I might just literally snap. There is only so much we as human beings can take and to let our most innocent precious babies be tortured and hurt for no other reason then being innocent and precious needs to stop and these monsters need to freakin pay.:banghead: And God I just pray that he can lead me in the right direction to do something about it I want it to stop. :(

How in the world is someone, even someone short like a 4 year old, supposed to 'stand up straight' while washing clothes in a bath tub?!? :banghead:

Summer's death may eventually affect Washington law

The Spokane 4-year-old, who died March 10 of severe abuse, allegedly at the hands of her father and stepmother, likely will be the subject of a full fatality report by the Office of the Family and Children's Ombudsman.

Although the agency reviews deaths of all children who die unexpectedly within a year of contact with state Child Protective Service workers, few are the subject of individual reports.

But Meinig said the egregiousness of Summer's abuse – police said she was beaten, bitten, burned, smothered with urine-soaked towels and outfitted with a dog's shock collar – mirrors other recent high-profile Washington cases that prompted more intensive examination.

I haven't seen this video posted here about the Lytle's being in protective custody-sorry if it's a duplicate.
http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=16&section_id=619&story_id=9390

The videos are next to the article.
Good thing they are in "protective" custody. Wasn't Dahmer supposed to be protected, and the the molesting priest Geoghan. Hmmmmm, sitting here waiting for a "security" breach oops.

I wouldn't ever even use a shock collar on a dog. In the video she looked scared, and she should be...very scared! :furious:

Somehow, I am having trouble mustering up any sympathy for him on his suicide watch. He knew damn well what was going on in that house, and even went out to smoke a cigarette after the bi#$# of a wife he had told him "I think I killed your daughter". God!!! I still get so angry over this case, I alternate between nausea and hatred. I wish they would BOTH die and go straight to Hell.

Somehow, I am having trouble mustering up any sympathy for him on his suicide watch. He knew damn well what was going on in that house, and even went out to smoke a cigarette after the bi#$# of a wife he had told him "I think I killed your daughter". God!!! I still get so angry over this case, I alternate between nausea and hatred. I wish they would BOTH die and go straight to Hell.

Ditto, and Amen. :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back