WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That statement is really confusing and frustrating. We have the Sheriff's department saying he had been making plans and left of his own volition. The Help Find Tyler statement says well, he could have left on his own or been taken forcibly, which Sheriff's statement doesn't say or even hint at.

I would think Tyler might have left the area immediately to avoid being found. My first thought was an internet relationship or connection. If he was able to leave the immediate area he could be anywhere with anyone and the people he's with might have no clue he is a runaway. Even a short bus ride away, like in Spokane or Vancouver, for instance, people wouldn't be looking for him. Most teens are very tech savvy and could either cover their online tracks very well or use a public computer at a library, friends house, or something like that.

It all rings more peculiar to me with every statement. I did notice today that just about every stop sign and post had a Find Tyler sign on it.

I read along for years on WS before joining to post. When I did join, the first case I posted on was a missing teen from Oregon. There was a lot of conflicting evidence but she was eventually found to be staying with people in CA who had no idea she was missing and that her father was desperately looking for her (she had run away from mom and step-father). I thought about that case here. That maybe he made friends with someone through a church group correspondence or running club or homeschool pen pal program or the like and is staying somewhere they have no idea he is missing. While Edmonds may be blanketed with flyers, there hasn't been THAT much MSM coverage and their Help group only had 480+ members (more than 30 have left the group since the SD announcement). He could be easily staying somewhere that has not been reached by the search. And just as he could have taken the 113 to the Park & Ride, he could have gone to the ferry as well.

I'm not sure when Tyler's birthday was, but did he turn 16 recently?

In Washington the age of consent is 16 and they're free to have consensual sex with any non-related adult regardless of the age difference.

Perhaps he got picked up by a cougar.

Sure, it's possible. But where did said Cougar meet him in the first place?

IMO, Tyler does not want to be found. If he was going to bother waiting for his 16th birthday for legal reasons (specifically, for legal sex), then why would he be so careful to conceal his whereabouts?

I am of the opinion that either that there is something really bad that we don't know about in his personal or family life, or he left b/c he truly wanted a different life, or because someone is "saving" him from the religious/homeschool life.

I read along for years on WS before joining to post. When I did join, the first case I posted on was a missing teen from Oregon. There was a lot of conflicting evidence but she was eventually found to be staying with people in CA who had no idea she was missing and that her father was desperately looking for her (she had run away from mom and step-father). I thought about that case here. That maybe he made friends with someone through a church group correspondence or running club or homeschool pen pal program or the like and is staying somewhere they have no idea he is missing. While Edmonds may be blanketed with flyers, there hasn't been THAT much MSM coverage and their Help group only had 480+ members (more than 30 have left the group since the SD announcement). He could be easily staying somewhere that has not been reached by the search. And just as he could have taken the 113 to the Park & Ride, he could have gone to the ferry as well.

Right about the 113 bus route in which the ferry is its final destination to Mukilteo. He could have hopped the line from Beverly Park Rd and walked right onto the ferry to Whidbey Island.

I would have to believe that his computer and cell phone were among the earliest things examined.

One would hope so! I don't think we've heard anything about it though and to be honest... with the way this case has been so low profile... I'm actually wondering if this was done. Not just looked at what's there, but dug into deeper.

One would hope so! I don't think we've heard anything about it though and to be honest... with the way this case has been so low profile... I'm actually wondering if this was done. Not just looked at what's there, but dug into deeper.

I still say that LE needs to check with local libraries near his home, if they have not done so. He may have checked out books (fiction or non-fiction) on running away, changing identities, traveling, books with maps, etc.

Do you mean by law enforcement or by his family?

I hope LE has dug well into his phone and possible tablets/computers/etc..

I also hope that LE dug well into his family, church and friends to try to understand what might have caused him to actually first make a plan and then leave. IMO someone in his life surely knows something that has either not been discovered or is not being reported.

I'd just like to know if this boy is ok...Then I would be fine. But at least something.

I also hope that LE dug well into his family, church and friends to try to understand what might have caused him to actually first make a plan and then leave. IMO someone in his life surely knows something that has either not been discovered or is not being reported.
I totally agree. So sad that this boy needed to leave his family and home behind. You don't just leave without a good reason. And the reserved aura that the family is giving off us telling IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just thinking about video footage, evidence, and the bus. If they pulled footage from the bus or the Park and Ride or ferry dock cams, then the last place Tyler was seen would have been one of those places not Beverly Park Rd...so he either did not take the bus, or that is not where the "evidence" came from or if it is, then SD is not releasing all of the info (still investigating?)

I still say that LE needs to check with local libraries near his home, if they have not done so. He may have checked out books (fiction or non-fiction) on running away, changing identities, traveling, books with maps, etc.

He may have used the computer at the Library!
IMO he left with someone.
I don't think he got on a bus or a Ferry or a train.

There are interesting comments on the MSM news story links on FB. I can't decide if it is just someone running their mouth or if it is worth considering. I cruised the FB profile of the person posting and it seems unlikely that she would have much in common with Tyler or his family but maybe that is the point. (Do not bring comment links or copy the contents here...you can find them on the KOMO interview with Lindsay Cohen that his family did a couple of days ago).

Did anyone ever learn if Tyler had a job at all? Just trying to think of places where he would have met people outside his family's circle. If he is being "hidden", someone has to be willing to risk a lot. What would bring someone to do that? If they are known to the family, then I think it would have to be something very serious, perhaps criminal, against Tyler. If they are unknown to the family, then perhaps that is where criticism of ideology/religion comes in. I just don't see this as a kid leaving over something truly trivial.

Just thinking about video footage, evidence, and the bus. If they pulled footage from the bus or the Park and Ride or ferry dock cams, then the last place Tyler was seen would have been one of those places not Beverly Park Rd...so he either did not take the bus, or that is not where the "evidence" came from or if it is, then SD is not releasing all of the info (still investigating?)

He may have used the computer at the Library!
IMO he left with someone.
I don't think he got on a bus or a Ferry or a train.
So, which library? And do we know if his family participated in any of the homeschooling cooperatives in the area?
http://www.sno-isle.org/index.cfm?pg=locations

There are interesting comments on the MSM news story links on FB. I can't decide if it is just someone running their mouth or if it is worth considering. I cruised the FB profile of the person posting and it seems unlikely that she would have much in common with Tyler or his family but maybe that is the point. (Do not bring comment links or copy the contents here...you can find them on the KOMO interview with Lindsay Cohen that his family did a couple of days ago).

Did anyone ever learn if Tyler had a job at all? Just trying to think of places where he would have met people outside his family's circle. If he is being "hidden", someone has to be willing to risk a lot. What would bring someone to do that? If they are known to the family, then I think it would have to be something very serious, perhaps criminal, against Tyler. If they are unknown to the family, then perhaps that is where criticism of ideology/religion comes in. I just don't see this as a kid leaving over something truly trivial.
Initials TLE?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Read it. I call the claim bogus. It's really sad when kook balls take the attention from a case such as this for self-seeking attention. If she knew that much, then she should take it to the police, not online.

If it is true - The police probably wouldn't do much, if anything, to the family shielding Tyler, particularly if there was a reason (Tyler being abused, etc.). If the reward was more than $1500, they might sell him out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I thought the new update was their best written post so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper