WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we are privy to.

The backpack was found Friday, searches were held Saturday, so I do not think it was in a 'lost and found' pile somewhere for a while.

The area has not been made public, because it's a dangerous area. People would most definitely go out there and put themselves in danger. I think they are spreading flyers because they feel they have to do *something*. Maybe, maybe, Tyler made it out of the wilderness. So they want people to be on the lookout for him in that case.

But.... and I HATE to type this... I think they have more indicators than we know about that point to this only being a very slight chance. I think they might not 100% know, but have enough indicators that things are not good for Tyler right now.
I've seen this same pattern so many times in cases where you later find out what LE and insiders knew all along and that it wasn't good. I'm still holding on to hope that I am WRONG.

If Tyler isn't found alive, I don't think we'll ever know why he left. He could have been lured by someone online, he could have wanted an adventure, he could have hated his home life, he could have needed a break from 'it all' even though his home life was good. Like I said, I'm still holding onto hope that I am totally wrong, and I still hope and pray Tyler will be found safely. I cannot imagine the agony for his family right now. :(

This new news about the backpack has got me worried, I feel like something is wrong or he could have left the backpack to come back to it later, that's the only thing I could think of about the found backpack. Maybe he left the backpack and took only what he TRULY needed because he found something else or someone else has helped him get more stuff?

I pray that he is okay!

Ah, you might be exactly right. I had been thinking that it was LE that came across the backpack, after searching in the general area. But if it was just some random person who came across it and turned it in somewhere, it may have taken a little bit of time to figure out that it was Tyler's.

Yes, but as was pointed out, it is pretty coincidental that the search party was organized the next day. Was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but looks like the news of the backpack being found may have in fact been held back. Maybe the "dangerous area" was a Bernie Sanders rally? :tantrum:

I wonder if he was inspired by Mick Dodge, that guy who lives outside in the Olympic Peninsula, who has his own tv show now on National Geographic.

30 years later they find Tyler living in a tree...
2078313_bad-news-for-mick_7hqdjmj4am3d2cszxsyeykq4xpncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpg
2076708_mick-dodge_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym6cgqbe3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_950x712.jpg

I wonder if he was inspired by Mick Dodge, that guy who lives outside in the Olympic Peninsula, who has his own tv show now on National Geographic.

30 years later they find Tyler living in a tree...
View attachment 94859
View attachment 94860

That would be so sad for his family. I think the idea of just walking away from it all appeals to a lot of us at different times in our lives.

Just checking in here. I have been following along via the family's FB page and here. So much to say and yet I don't want to say anything. I have to agree largely with JanetElaine's post above. Somehow, I wish that the backpack were just a red herring but I don't think so. And I definitely think pertinent details are being held back making it that much harder to even estimate what might have happened.

Agree. If I thought my kid had run away, I would still be enlisting publics help to find him. I also totally agree that things/families aren't always as they seem on the surface. Bottom line though, I would be looking high and low no matter the reason if mine were missing (at least I think I would). Hope there are answers to this puzzle very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. If I thought my kid had run away, I would still be enlisting publics help to find him. I also totally agree that things/families aren't always as they seem on the surface. Bottom line though, I would be looking high and low no matter the reason if mine were missing (at least I think I would). Hope there are answers to this puzzle very soon

Yes especially now with the latest developments! He needs to be found!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok .. In one of the earlier news articles it says his backpack was found with a ferry receipt inside and 2 used foil emergency blankets .. Where does the ferry fit into this and I feel the blankets Speak volumes. It bothers me that he doesnt have the backpack... And why ? To throw people off ? Does anyone know if he has a Checking account and any money trail ?

Ok .. In one of the earlier news articles it says his backpack was found with a ferry receipt inside and 2 used foil emergency blankets .. Where does the ferry fit into this and I feel the blankets Speak volumes. It bothers me that he doesnt have the backpack... And why ? To throw people off ? Does anyone know if he has a Checking account and any money trail ?

He would most likely have taken a ferry from Edmonds (the town just south of Mukilteo) to reach the Olympic Peninsula. It is possible instead to drive south and around Puget Sound but the ferry saves hours of driving (or hitchhiking).

Anyone else puzzled at the lack of updates? An update once a week doesn't make it seem very urgent? Or maybe the family has little to share because there's no updates coming their way either? It seems sooooo much more surely must be known by them. We know they know where the backpack was found, but there seems to be so little shared. I wonder if he hasn't just disappeared into thin air, as it's being made to seem, but rather a very elaborate plan and is being aided by others? The lack of updates and regular pleading makes me think they know he is being taken care of and they really just want more clues as to where he is? But they aren't overly concerned?

Anyone else puzzled at the lack of updates? An update once a week doesn't make it seem very urgent? Or maybe the family has little to share because there's no updates coming their way either? It seems sooooo much more surely must be known by them. We know they know where the backpack was found, but there seems to be so little shared. I wonder if he hasn't just disappeared into thin air, as it's being made to seem, but rather a very elaborate plan and is being aided by others? The lack of updates and regular pleading makes me think they know he is being taken care of and they really just want more clues as to where he is? But they aren't overly concerned?

I just think they have nothing to really go on. One of the last comments the owner of the FB page said was that they don't believe he's on the Peninsula anymore and could be anywhere.
Screenshot 2016-05-23 at 1.04.36 PM.png

It's been over a month. His backpack was most likely left on the Peninsula 3+ weeks ago. He could be in FL, NY, or practically anywhere now where this missing case hasn't gotten any press and no one would know he's a runaway/missing person.

The backpack being left seems ominous, but it sounds like the family is assuming he just left it and doesn't need it anymore? A backpack is extremely useful. I can't see him just leaving it? Unless left in a very noticeable spot by him trying to throw people off before he leaves the peninsula, how would he know his family would find it? I guess I'm trying to make sense of something that may never make sense. The last "backpack found after someone went missing" case I followed was Jessica Ridgeway and she had been murdered and her backpack placed in a random spot by her murderer. I feel like a missing person's backpack showing up is rarely/if ever a good sign.

The backpack being left seems ominous, but it sounds like the family is assuming he just left it and doesn't need it anymore? A backpack is extremely useful. I can't see him just leaving it? Unless left in a very noticeable spot by him trying to throw people off before he leaves the peninsula, how would he know his family would find it? I guess I'm trying to make sense of something that may never make sense. The last "backpack found after someone went missing" case I followed was Jessica Ridgeway and she had been murdered and her backpack placed in a random spot by her murderer. I feel like a missing person's backpack showing up is rarely/if ever a good sign.
Agreed. Backpack is a bad sign... unless it was stolen. I hope they have actively been checking the trees in the area for him :(

He could of bought or had another bookbag to put things he truly needed in (change of clothes, water, food he likes, toothpaste/toothbrush/soap/deodorant/etc.) All that was said to be in the bag that was found was a pair of sweatpants and a few untouched food items, as well as a couple of used emergency foil blankets. IMO, that doesn't seem like someones main bag, especially someone who is hitchhiking out of the area. I'm guessing he didn't need that bag anymore since he had plans to leave the area so he left it there for perhaps another hiker to use and find. If that bag that was found had personal items in it for survival than I would think perhaps foulplay happened, but nothing in the bag indicated it was his main bag.

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but is it possible the backpack was found in an area that suggest he may have fallen and he wasn't wearing it when he did. Ive hiked a number of times in the O;ympic National Park and there are definitely places where you could slip and fall if you are not careful or not paying attention. Some of the trails are steep. Although it does seem if that was a possibility they would still be searching around the area.

My apologies if this has been discussed already, but is it possible the backpack was found in an area that suggest he may have fallen and he wasn't wearing it when he did. Ive hiked a number of times in the O;ympic National Park and there are definitely places where you could slip and fall if you are not careful or not paying attention. Some of the trails are steep. Although it does seem if that was a possibility they would still be searching around the area.

This was my thought too, further up the thread I mentioned that perhaps it had fallen from a great height and that's why they didn't want anyone to go looking and they didn't disclose the area as it was dangerous. I mentioned Vance Creek Bridge which was a thought others had said on the FB main page comments. I really wish they were sharing even just a little more information.

If he did leave far away, isn't it weird he didn't even anonymously tell family he was safe? He must have been really, really upset. I still feel like his last comment to his sister suggests he knew he wasn't returning. But I don't know if that means suicide, running away for good, etc.

If he did leave far away, isn't it weird he didn't even anonymously tell family he was safe? He must have been really, really upset. I still feel like his last comment to his sister suggests he knew he wasn't returning. But I don't know if that means suicide, running away for good, etc.

I agree that his last conversation with his sister is likely significant but I don't think that he would have to be very angry to have not somehow signaled to his family that he is safe. Teens brains don't work that way. It's not a matter of Tyler being more mature than other kids his age. Teen brains develop around the same time line no matter how *good* a kid is.

And it's not like there are pay phone everywhere these days. I have been wondering *how* he might get a hold of his family *without being detected*. If he asked to borrow someone's cell, he might be able to part ways fast enough to not be discovered. But otherwise, he runs some risks. And if he really wants to stay away despite how much he may love his family, he may not want to talk to them for fear of being talked in to coming home. His only other option would be a post card. Not many kids are going to buy a post card and stamp these days.

I also keep thinking about where they found the backpack. A ferry ticket, a driver who picked him up hitching, and then the back pack. Without anything stringing the last person to see him to the backpack, who's to say that it was even Tyler who left/dropped/discarded the backpack where it was found? I hate to say this but if he was hitching, that back pack could have very easily been taken from him by someone else and discarded when they took whatever they wanted out of it.

If the family beleives he is no longer in the area - why do they think that? Because searchers did not find him, therefore he must not be there? I think there are a lot of areas to search and a lot of areas a person, alive, & well, injured, or even deceased, could be hidden. If he ditched the backpack and left the area, did he go it alone? Did he meet up with someone there to hike further together? Pre-arranged or a chance meeting? Just random thoughts.

I am traveling the Pacific coastline this summer and plan on passing out flyers but it would be good to know why they think he is no longer on the Peninsula.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smash5070
Back