WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wish we knew if the suitcase in the woods that was mentioned upthread was his...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The suitcase could have belonged to a homeless person too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just saying based on the posts on SM from the official page It would be very difficult for a child who doesn't agree with his families beliefs or who doesn't fit their ideas of a good person (i.e. If he was gay) to live and survive in that household.

As always, JMO.

I'm just saying based on the posts on SM from the official page It would be very difficult for a child who doesn't agree with his families beliefs or who doesn't fit their ideas of a good person (i.e. If he was gay) to live and survive in that household.

As always, JMO.

I have suspected those same circumstances since the beginning. I hope he reaches out to someone soon.

I have suspected those same circumstances since the beginning. I hope he reaches out to someone soon.

Me as well, those exact circumstances actually. I feel for him and hope his family can understand his reasons for leaving and what it will take to support him in whatever he's going through.

I feel like it doesn't give information though...like how they knew he went in a different direction? Nothing really new? Am I wrong?

Okay, I'm new here, created an account just for this case. So hopefully it shows up, but I agree with you. They didn't add any new information they just did some math and that was about it to make it sound like there was more information. It was the same information that was already in the public.
I'd like answers to...

Why would he run away?
Did they have a feeling that there was something wrong with him? Was he acting strange? Depressed? Hiding something?
Is the family hiding something that they don't want the public to know? If so then at least tell the public that they want things to be private and not keep making themselves sound like they don't know anything. Just like everyone says on here, people do not run away for no reason.
Do the family agree with LE that he ran away?

IMO, these questions are not hard to answer.

I feel like it doesn't give information though...like how they knew he went in a different direction? Nothing really new? Am I wrong?

I felt the same way. It still does not acknowledge if he left on his own or not. The SCSO said there was evidence that he made plans to leave. Their post, while a well-written capture of already known information, does not acknowledge that he *made plans to leave* nor explain what investigative measures have been taken or illuminate us with any theories. I still feel like there is something significant, the key piece of background information, that the family is not sharing.

Me as well, those exact circumstances actually. I feel for him and hope his family can understand his reasons for leaving and what it will take to support him in whatever he's going through.

Count me in as well. My first thoughts since the beginning as well.

I have a feeling his family knows exactly why he left. I just hope they're keeping it so hush hush out of respect for his privacy, and not out of a sense of shame and denial.

I have a feeling his family knows exactly why he left. I just hope they're keeping it so hush hush out of respect for his privacy, and not out of a sense of shame and denial.

Yeah, if they know why he left and wants to respect his privacy, which is perfectly fine, I think they should at least make the public know that. Does no one else think that they are still making themselves sound like they don't know a thing? They need to at least tell the public that they do have more and know more but just would like to keep it private, but if they ever did do that they may end up losing a lot of supporters.

Yeah, if they know why he left and wants to respect his privacy, which is perfectly fine, I think they should at least make the public know that. Does no one else think that they are still making themselves sound like they don't know a thing? They need to at least tell the public that they do have more and know more but just would like to keep it private, but if they ever did do that they may end up losing a lot of supporters.

Reading some of the answers on the official FB page to questions, valid questions, people have...it sounds like they know more and are being careful. It's true they will lose support unless they are more open. I can understand respecting his privacy, but there's more to this that I do think they are keeping private to protect themselves. Hopefully wherever he is, he's feeling supported and loved unconditionally....and hopefully one day he will feel he can return to his family whether to live there or just to let them know he's ok.

I have a feeling when that happens, it will be a mere blip in the news, "Tyler Christensen has been found and is back with his family." or something like that. We may never know.

Read it. I call the claim bogus. It's really sad when kook balls take the attention from a case such as this for self-seeking attention. If she knew that much, then she should take it to the police, not online.

I read the comment as well and agree with you but it made me have a question that maybe someone can answer.

He is 16. While still a minor he is also not considered a child. If the the police knew he was somewhere safe and did not deem Tyler's family as unsafe, could/would they require him to rejoin his family? What if he was filing for emancipation, which in WA you can do at 16? I guess that comment did make wonder if the police actually would make him return home if they knew he was not in danger.

I read the comment as well and agree with you but it made me have a question that maybe someone can answer.

He is 16. While still a minor he is also not considered a child. If the the police knew he was somewhere safe and did not deem Tyler's family as unsafe, could/would they require him to rejoin his family? What if he was filing for emancipation, which in WA you can do at 16? I guess that comment did make wonder if the police actually would make him return home if they knew he was not in danger.
Emancipation requires legal procedures and a court judgement. Minors must prove they can support themselves, etc. Parents have the right to contest the request.

If LE knows where he is and fails to reveal that, they would have to have a pretty darn good reason why and even still, risk legal action from Tyler's patents. And the person/s aiding Tyler would be up against obstruction and or adding/abetting even if it was Tyler's choice to stay there. Would those charges actually be carried out? That totally depends on the circumstances.

Emancipation requires legal procedures and a court judgement. Minors must prove they can support themselves, etc. Parents have the right to contest the request.

If LE knows where he is and fails to reveal that, they would have to have a pretty darn good reason why and even still, risk legal action from Tyler's patents. And the person/s aiding Tyler would be up against obstruction and or adding/abetting even if it was Tyler's choice to stay there. Would those charges actually be carried out? That totally depends on the circumstances.

I think it all depends if the parents don't want him there. If they know he's somewhere and want him home, they could file to force him to do so...etc. But if they are ok with him there, then I imagine LE won't get involved. We know a family whose teenage son wanted to live with an aunt for high school in another state and the parents were fine with it. No problem there since both sides agreed.

I'm just going to chime in with everyone else and agree that this new post still leaves SO much unanswered and still leaves me puzzling over their cryptic tone and wording. I did feel I could sense a little more of their pain, and my heart did go out to them. But I am still mystified over whether their vagueness is because they are as stumped as the public over what is going on with Tyler (and may, as some suggested, be protecting his privacy, especially if they don't even know what might be revealed in the future); or if this is a case of not wanting to tarnish their perfect family image. That might sound harsh but hey, I came from one of those close-knit, large, homeschooling, religious, "perfect" families, so I can relate. And we already know that in the beginning, everyone was saying he just couldn't be a runaway because of who his family was, etc. (By everyone, I mean people commenting that knew him and his family).

My homeschooling, religious family was really close and we did really love each other, but we absolutely had skeletons in the closet that we didn't want getting out. Had we ever told relatives or friends that we were unhappy or oppressed, I am sure that some of them would have offered to help or to take us into their home, at least for a time. BUT, the part that I believe would have been different with my family is that 1) my father would have gladly revealed any and all secrets in a flash, if he thought it would help find his missing child; and 2) Any friend or relative that I could imagine taking one of us in would have certainly let LE and/or my parents know we were with them and safe. I just can't wrap my brain around what kind of person would let so many people waste their time and energy over looking for him, if he's been hidden somewhere all along. Couldn't they at least anonymously call the police and ask them to tell the parents he is safe and does not wish to be found? No one would ever know if it was the truth, sadly, but at least it is more to go on than what they have now.

Another thought that occurred to me is that maybe Tyler and whomever he is with have been watching the family's response. Perhaps they have determined from the response that nothing has or will change. There's been no pleas of "Come home and all will be forgiven" or "We don't care about ____, we just want you home." I've seen families say things like that in other runaway cases. If you believed that your family KNEW you ran away because of a family problem, and then you saw them publicly act as though they didn't know anything was wrong, how would you feel about coming home or calling them up? Just a hypothetical...not saying that is what is going on with Tyler.

And finally, if my family member was missing, my main concern would be how they were eating and where they were sleeping. Are they fed, warm and in a safe environment, etc. I have yet to see any of this to be mentioned. I wonder if that means they either assume he is being cared for by someone or they know/assume he did take some provisions. (e.g. Cleaned out his savings account or something).

The comments on the Help Find page continue to baffle me. Someone posted a possible sighting, fairly vaguem but certainly nothing to rule him, out and his sister immediately said she did not think it was him. Which makes me think they do know more - because if your loved one is missing and you have no clue where he/she is, wouldn't you consider any and all leads?

Someone asked some very direct questions about what the evidence was of him heading the opposite direction from the youth group and the answer was politely vague and passed it all off to LE. I totally understand why they may not want to or be able to share all of the evidence on their Facebook page, but if every question and potential lead is rebuffed, what's the point?

I have to agree with others who have said that this seems like they are keeping things active and public so that Tyler may hear it/read it/see it. This passage by PoirotsGirlFriday really struck me. I am not sure I am in complete agreement - I think his comments to his sister re: her boyfriend sounded like a farewell - but this is a really good point and makes me think even more that all of their efforts are really directed to speak to Tyler and not anyone else.

Another thought that occurred to me is that maybe Tyler and whomever he is with have been watching the family's response. Perhaps they have determined from the response that nothing has or will change. There's been no pleas of "Come home and all will be forgiven" or "We don't care about ____, we just want you home." I've seen families say things like that in other runaway cases. If you believed that your family KNEW you ran away because of a family problem, and then you saw them publicly act as though they didn't know anything was wrong, how would you feel about coming home or calling them up? Just a hypothetical...not saying that is what is going on with Tyler.

I love your posts, PGF. You always make me look at things in a new way.

The comments on the Help Find page continue to baffle me. Someone posted a possible sighting, fairly vaguem but certainly nothing to rule him, out and his sister immediately said she did not think it was him. Which makes me think they do know more - because if your loved one is missing and you have no clue where he/she is, wouldn't you consider any and all leads?

Someone asked some very direct questions about what the evidence was of him heading the opposite direction from the youth group and the answer was politely vague and passed it all off to LE. I totally understand why they may not want to or be able to share all of the evidence on their Facebook page, but if every question and potential lead is rebuffed, what's the point?

I have to agree with others who have said that this seems like they are keeping things active and public so that Tyler may hear it/read it/see it. This passage by PoirotsGirlFriday really struck me. I am not sure I am in complete agreement - I think his comments to his sister re: her boyfriend sounded like a farewell - but this is a really good point and makes me think even more that all of their efforts are really directed to speak to Tyler and not anyone else.

I love your posts, PGF. You always make me look at things in a new way.

The vague comments from the family could be extreme denial about the entire event. Denial as in, "We can't believe he ran away. We can't believe he left on his own accord. We don't believe anything was wrong. If there was a problem, it must have been with him, not us." That would explain why a potenial sighting of Tyler was pooh-poohed so quickly–as their denial saying, "That wasn't our Tyler, he wouldn't be seen there." It's like they're trying to direct a certain outcome or result, a "happy ending" if you will, without the help of the public and LE, but in reality, that resolve will have a different outcome. Maybe he will contact them and say he's safe and never coming back. Or maybe he won't make contact and will never be seen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back