WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but as CCM has stated, sometimes the descriptions can be wrong.

I'm still betting the farm on Depatie, but have to admit the age progression is a good likeness. Lot of lagtime between disappearance and suicide, though, and he seems a little short. But stranger things have happened, and 16-year-old boys can still grow taller . . .

i'm with you on depatie. the fact that it is taking so long to get an answer only fuels my suspicion that it is him, but i am also trying to keep an eye out for other possibilities.

CCM-any word on Depatie? if it is him, or anyone else, and that person's family doesn't want anyone to know, will you please tell us that the case has been solved? i think we will all be able to walk away at that point.

Hi All,

It seems like it's been forever since I've had time to work on Lyle's case... but I came across a missing Canadian man:

Winston Sinclair Redhead
Missing since Dec 26, 1995 21 years old
Doe network case # 655DMMB

http://www.macp.mb.ca/results.php?id=r1091

Has this individual been ruled out? I tried going back and could not find him. The photo on the LE site looks like it was taken when he was younger than 21, though.

I also saw the potential match of the man from Montana, which looks intriguing. Good job!

He does look young doesn't he? And unfortunately, it appears to be a mugshot photo. Lyle had no US criminal history, but I wonder about Canada, if he's been run thru their version of NCIC? I think the nose on this guy is too broad and the lips too full, IMHO.

If Depatie is a washout also, I am going to be surprised. I, too, think that the length of time it is taking is a positive sign. Surely if it was an easy rule-out we'd have heard by now.

i'm with you on depatie. the fact that it is taking so long to get an answer only fuels my suspicion that it is him, but i am also trying to keep an eye out for other possibilities.

CCM-any word on Depatie? if it is him, or anyone else, and that person's family doesn't want anyone to know, will you please tell us that the case has been solved? i think we will all be able to walk away at that point.
I'll check next week, and see what the hold up is. I was out of state last week, and the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office has been working on the disappearance of 10 year old Lindsey Baum.

Hi All,

It seems like it's been forever since I've had time to work on Lyle's case... but I came across a missing Canadian man:

Winston Sinclair Redhead
Missing since Dec 26, 1995 21 years old
Doe network case # 655DMMB

http://www.macp.mb.ca/results.php?id=r1091

Has this individual been ruled out? I tried going back and could not find him. The photo on the LE site looks like it was taken when he was younger than 21, though.

I also saw the potential match of the man from Montana, which looks intriguing. Good job!
I don't recall looking at Redhead before, but the facial characteristics are off. Lyle's fingerprints were run through the RCMP, but I'm not sure that this is a mugshot of Redhead. It may be an identification photo of some sort.

I'll check next week, and see what the hold up is. I was out of state last week, and the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office has been working on the disappearance of 10 year old Lindsey Baum.

my thoughts and prayers are with her, her family, and Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office.

thank you for the update CCM

He does look young doesn't he? And unfortunately, it appears to be a mugshot photo. Lyle had no US criminal history, but I wonder about Canada, if he's been run thru their version of NCIC? I think the nose on this guy is too broad and the lips too full, IMHO.

If Depatie is a washout also, I am going to be surprised. I, too, think that the length of time it is taking is a positive sign. Surely if it was an easy rule-out we'd have heard by now.
I heard from the Sheriffs Office today that Depatie was excluded through dental.

We seriously need to compile a list of who has been ruled out, along with finally going through with that plan for a seperate sub-forum for Lyle!

Just a little FYI on the Depatie case - guess he needs his own thread also! I left a note on Jonathan Depatie's myspace page that is maintained by his sister. I did this months ago before we ever submitted his info to the LE working the Lyle Stevik case. Anyway, I checked it today and Jonathan's sister Jocelyn had left me a message. It's copied here:

Thank you so very much for this response. I have checked the site regarding the man you referenced. My brother was much shorter that this man, 5'9'', and although there is some resemblance this is not him. Again I appreciate your response and highly respect the work you do. God Bless.
Jocelyn

Anyway, even though it wasn't a hit, I thought those of us working this case could use a little encouragement so at least we know that people do appreciate our efforts.

Has John Katsilieris been looked at?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/127dmil.html

Looks like he was ready to move out on his own,,,and may have for awhile. Height right, age right, brows close,can't tell on the ears and I guess his chin could have broadened?

Attachments

• JKatsilieris1.jpg
    JKatsilieris1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 25
  • JKatsilieris2.jpg
    JKatsilieris2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 23
  • Lyle recon.jpg
    Lyle recon.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.