WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I need to contact the Charley Project and have them remove some misleading information. The Marfan's and Retinitis Pigmentosa are maybe's due to his mother having RP and a nephew having a Marfan type syndrome, however, Pat was not tall enough to have Marfans but was only 24 when he was last seen. Also, Pat did not smoke. He smoked maybe one or two cigars a year if that and only on special occassions. He seldom drank as well and preferred higher end scotch when he did. It just happened that he had been drinking the night he went missing. Also the tracheotomy scar probably would not be visible by 2001 since it occurred I believe back in 82 or 83 and was hardly visible shortly thereafter. There is a lot of incorrect information out there on him due ot it being received and then retracted by several different family members over the years who have since second guessed themselves. For instance his shoe size is now known to be between a 9.5 and 10 and I believe it is stated as 11 and his heighth is listed off an ID he received initially as a teenager and should be closer to 6'. :banghead:

BBM. I thought about snipping, but everyone wold laugh more. I do think in the autopsy, the scar tissue to the windpipe would be noted. The visible skin scar might be slight, but the internal scarring would not go away. IMOO.

One thing I find interesting, in the Doe link is the tooth brush and toothpaste. This was the only thing in his possession. Was this travel sized? Or regular sized? Seems odd for someone so despondent to even care about brushing teeth. Unless this was a habit gained in prison, an institution, or because of orthodontia. Did they ever try to track the Lot number on the toothpaste back to it's distribution area (if it was full sized). Most health care products are regulated to an extent in case of need to recall. Or did they try to track the area of origin of the crisp new bills and where their serial number was sent to a bank? Banks keep records of those for the most part. Maybe by finding even secondary location, it could led to his primary origins. :twocents:

BBM. I thought about snipping, but everyone wold laugh more. I do think in the autopsy, the scar tissue to the windpipe would be noted. The visible skin scar might be slight, but the internal scarring would not go away. IMOO.

One thing I find interesting, in the Doe link is the tooth brush and toothpaste. This was the only thing in his possession. Was this travel sized? Or regular sized? Seems odd for someone so despondent to even care about brushing teeth. Unless this was a habit gained in prison, an institution, or because of orthodontia. Did they ever try to track the Lot number on the toothpaste back to it's distribution area (if it was full sized). Most health care products are regulated to an extent in case of need to recall. Or did they try to track the area of origin of the crisp new bills and where their serial number was sent to a bank? Banks keep records of those for the most part. Maybe by finding even secondary location, it could led to his primary origins. :twocents:

Great idea about tracking the purchases, recently posted on another thread how a case was solved by tracking a 6 pack of beer!
On another note, I believe some religions have specific details about cleansing oneself before death..

Great idea about tracking the purchases, recently posted on another thread how a case was solved by tracking a 6 pack of beer!
On another note, I believe some religions have specific details about cleansing oneself before death..

Great point, dotr! Religion or cultural rituals are very important to weigh in. Can you list the one's you know? It would be nice to see if they could track those things…I am going to assume, because more emphasis was not placed on the toothbrush/toothpaste, they were not manufactured in Canada or overseas. So, a product trace could be done…Plus, the brand new bills had to come from somewhere as they had not been in circulation long (I think).

I'm wondering if the toothbrush and toothpaste originally belonged to somebody else (that he knew), but was in his possession?

As for the dollar bills, I don't think anything came up.

I saw that some where before. I have an idea it was discounted, but there is an uncanny resemblance to Lyle . Ever since the morgue photos I want to give Lyle longer hair with plaits . Don't have a clue why I want to do this. But it just feels to me that is how he originally looked. Some psychic bulb going off in my head. Lol.

I would like to know if he was, in fact, discounted. I think it could be him, but what keeps confusing me is eyes. Is it true that eye color can change after death? I really could see it being him otherwise. Lyle's chin and jaw are more square, but we can't really get a good comparison because of the angle in THomas's picture.

I'm wondering if the toothbrush and toothpaste originally belonged to somebody else (that he knew), but was in his possession?

As for the dollar bills, I don't think anything came up.

That is a good point. I just wonder, even if he got the toothpaste elsewhere, if looking at the Lot and distribution area and canvassing that area with his photos might spark some recognition. Thanks! Glad they checked into the bills, good to know.

Long time lurker, first time poster! I just decided to google this case and came across a blog post saying that "Lyle" was finally added to NAMUS. Wondering why there aren't any pictures on his page? Sorry if the link doesn't post right. I'm posting from my phone!

And I apologize if that's already been asked. There's a ton of stuff to read on here. I could have skipped over it.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11100

I don't know if this has been mentioned but according to his timeline, Israel Keyes was living in this area at the time of Lyle's passing and is believed to have committed his first murder. Thought it was worth a mention. I have read a lot about this case but not everything, don't know if this has been brought up before.

From the IK timeline... "July 2001 to October 2001: Keyes resided in Neah Bay, Washington and committed his first homicide. The identity and location of the victim are unknown."

Long time lurker, first time poster! I just decided to google this case and came across a blog post saying that "Lyle" was finally added to NAMUS. Wondering why there aren't any pictures on his page? Sorry if the link doesn't post right. I'm posting from my phone!

And I apologize if that's already been asked. There's a ton of stuff to read on here. I could have skipped over it.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11100

Welcome to Ws. itsmega!
Good point about the missing photo of LS, wondering if it is too graphic?

Welcome to Ws. itsmega!
Good point about the missing photo of LS, wondering if it is too graphic?

Probably not. They'll probably just use David's computerized recon or the widely posted (around the internet) profile shot (which when they update it next. They should use Babyslim's recons as well. She re-touched the autopsy photos and opened his eyes a bit further, she did a quite a good job.

I'll attach it on here for you guys.

Attachments

• lyleflyer.jpg
    lyleflyer.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 164
I don't know if this has been mentioned but according to his timeline, Israel Keyes was living in this area at the time of Lyle's passing and is believed to have committed his first murder. Thought it was worth a mention. I have read a lot about this case but not everything, don't know if this has been brought up before.

From the IK timeline... "July 2001 to October 2001: Keyes resided in Neah Bay, Washington and committed his first homicide. The identity and location of the victim are unknown."
That was my line of thinking. Ik has killed 11 that we know of, but the FBI suspect many more.

BBM. So do you think Lyle is the victim?

tcg

FWIW Amanda Park and Neah Bay aren't really that close to one another.

It doesn't sound like there's any reason to believe it was anything other than suicide. Poor guy. I hope he at least found some peace.

Discussion on Lyles FB page about Fabrizio de Angelis, he does look very much like him. Does anyone know if he has been ruled out?

Discussion on Lyles FB page about Fabrizio de Angelis, he does look very much like him.

Fabrizio's page on the Doe Network website has been removed. Does anyone know why? Has he been located? I am having trouble locating a photo of Fabrizio.

I don't know the rules of what we can post but if you google "Fabrizio de Angelis missing" there's two photos of him under images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli