WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Patrick Beavers is ruled out at this point. Lyle probably has family somewhere searching as diligently as I have been for the last 14 years. Don't think that because he hasn't been identified that they are not out there looking. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack and you eliminate one person after another. I will suggest Lyle on any future persons who match him that are a close match for my brother as well.
Lyle had a 2.5 inch normal appearing appendectomy scar.

You heard back? YAY!!

Lyle may not have been reported as missing (as with quite a few identified people) or there's the possibilities that he may have severed contact with his family, or that his family could possibly be dead.

If they haven't already done this, they should try running his vitals (anything, if possible) through immigration on both sides (CAN and USA).

I believe Patrick Beavers is ruled out at this point. Lyle probably has family somewhere searching as diligently as I have been for the last 14 years. Don't think that because he hasn't been identified that they are not out there looking. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack and you eliminate one person after another. I will suggest Lyle on any future persons who match him that are a close match for my brother as well.
Lyle had a 2.5 inch normal appearing appendectomy scar.

Wow you had my heart racing there. I thought your brother had to be Lyle from all the information you gave...
Have you filed a missing persons report by chance?? If so is he listed on this site or any site? With his physical stats? pictures? People who are going through unidentified cases might run across some potential matches!

Wow you had my heart racing there. I thought your brother had to be Lyle from all the information you gave...
Have you filed a missing persons report by chance?? If so is he listed on this site or any site? With his physical stats? pictures? People who are going through unidentified cases might run across some potential matches!

Does her brother have dental records? It would be a big help in this situation.

The dentals did not match but they submitted Lyle's DNA and DNA from all of my immediate family just in case. Fourteen years is a long time and sometimes things can get mixed up, so better safe than sorry. There still is a chance with the DNA but the appendectomy scar is what tells me it cannot be. I don't think my brother's scar would have shrunk to 2.5 inches even losing 100 lbs. The eye color, eyebrows, bone structure with 100 lbs off my brother and Lyle's looks he could be a family member on that alone. The note with the block writing my brother left and Lyle's writing plus my brother's being a book worm, the boots, belt, etc. . . definitely had me taken aback. It took me ten years after Lyle had been found and all the publicity associated with him before someone told me to take a look at him. There is even a poster of my brother hanging in the Sheriff's Office that is handling Lyle's case. For families that have the resources and the skills to do internet searches you find one person after another that seems to fit. So much time has passed you don't know whether to look for a living person or at skeletal remains. I'm still waiting on DNA but at this point I do not think it is Patrick any longer. His family may not have typing skills or the know how to conduct an internet search and may just wait until they are notified he was found. I am actually searching for two people. I have a cousin who disappeared and was presumed murdered in 1978. Patty Gaye Hogue Tolivar from Modesto California. I discovered her when I was doing geneology. No one has been looking for her because everyone thinks she is dead. If the DNA comes back or does not come back as my brother than I am sure Lyle has family who are waiting just like my family has been for word. Off the record, Lyle may not be of Indian ancestry - he could pass for my brother and I am German, English and Black Dutch. He looks Black Dutch to me (that is the dark haired, dark complexion Dutchmen). I will upload some links with my brother's info for anyone interested as well as my cousins.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M6/25/20083:33:34PM'
mpdetails.asp

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/#!/MissingPatrickBeavers"]
http://www.facebook.com/#!/MissingPatrickBeavers
This one is on Patty Gaye Hogue Tolivar http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.118990918169397.17972.100001754674655&l=9a136894b2&type=1
Patrick's information is on the NamUs database as well for dentals etc. . .
http://www.isp.idaho.gov/identification/missing/findMissingPerson.html?category=d

The dentals did not match but they submitted Lyle's DNA and DNA from all of my immediate family just in case. Fourteen years is a long time and sometimes things can get mixed up, so better safe than sorry. There still is a chance with the DNA but the appendectomy scar is what tells me it cannot be. I don't think my brother's scar would have shrunk to 2.5 inches even losing 100 lbs. The eye color, eyebrows, bone structure with 100 lbs off my brother and Lyle's looks he could be a family member on that alone. The note with the block writing my brother left and Lyle's writing plus my brother's being a book worm, the boots, belt, etc. . . definitely had me taken aback. It took me ten years after Lyle had been found and all the publicity associated with him before someone told me to take a look at him. There is even a poster of my brother hanging in the Sheriff's Office that is handling Lyle's case. For families that have the resources and the skills to do internet searches you find one person after another that seems to fit. So much time has passed you don't know whether to look for a living person or at skeletal remains. I'm still waiting on DNA but at this point I do not think it is Patrick any longer. His family may not have typing skills or the know how to conduct an internet search and may just wait until they are notified he was found. I am actually searching for two people. I have a cousin who disappeared and was presumed murdered in 1978. Patty Gaye Hogue Tolivar from Modesto California. I discovered her when I was doing geneology. No one has been looking for her because everyone thinks she is dead. If the DNA comes back or does not come back as my brother than I am sure Lyle has family who are waiting just like my family has been for word. Off the record, Lyle may not be of Indian ancestry - he could pass for my brother and I am German, English and Black Dutch. He looks Black Dutch to me (that is the dark haired, dark complexion Dutchmen). I will upload some links with my brother's info for anyone interested as well as my cousins.

You have a good plan there. Even with the current results, I wish you luck. Please keep us updated.

Very glad he was identified, yet sorry about the sad outcome.

Very glad he was identified, yet sorry about the sad outcome.

According to his NAMPN page (it's still up):

He was last seen on foot wearing hospital scrubs and a t-shirt.

Was he admitted to a hospital at the time? If so, what for? It might explain his disappearance and recent identification.

I have a feeling he was either killed or wound up disoriented. :(

According to his NAMPN page (it's still up):

Was he admitted to a hospital at the time? If so, what for? It might explain his disappearance and recent identification.

I have a feeling he was either killed or wound up disoriented. :(

Hi OutOfTheDark, his sister and I are Facebook friends and she sent me a note the day his remains were confirmed. After being found they were sent to Texas for the DNA testing, it took several months for her to get the results back. His remains were found in RattleSnake Caynon. Jonathan was and avid outdoorsman, and a student studying to become a pharmacist. Apparently the last time he was seen alive by anyone was at school and he was dressed in his scrubs. Since it was such a troubling time for her, I didn't think it would be proper of me to ask what he was found wearing, or caused of death. Giving her time to grieve then I may ask about it at a later time. Its quite possible he went home and dressed in hiking clothes since the outdoors was his passion. She said he lived in a very remote area.

As soon as I hear from her again, I will let you all know.

Hi OutOfTheDark, his sister and I are Facebook friends and she sent me a note the day his remains were confirmed. After being found they were sent to Texas for the DNA testing, it took several months for her to get the results back. His remains were found in RattleSnake Caynon. Jonathan was and avid outdoorsman, and a student studying to become a pharmacist. Apparently the last time he was seen alive by anyone was at school and he was dressed in his scrubs. Since it was such a troubling time for her, I didn't think it would be proper of me to ask what he was found wearing, or caused of death. Giving her time to grieve then I may ask about it at a later time. Its quite possible he went home and dressed in hiking clothes since the outdoors was his passion. She said he lived in a very remote area.

As soon as I hear from her again, I will let you all know.

Thank You!

I've been a long time lurker here constantly checking for updates about Lyle. There is something about him and the case that just draws me in. I probably think about him every other day and have even spent a couple of imsomnia induced nights dreaming up scenarios about what happened and why he did it. I wonder if in life he would have ever imagined that so many strangers would care about him in death? I have a few random ideas that I'd like to throw out, I apologize in advance if any of them have been thought of before or already ruled out. I've read most of the posts at one time or another, but its a lot of material to remember. I know that many people have speculated that due to timing, that maybe his suicide had a link to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Has the idea ever been proposed that he used the attack as a way to escape from his life and leave his family to believe that he died in the towers? A way for them to get insurance money? Just a way to cover the shame of a suicide? I have thought of trying to compare him to vicitims of 9/11 that were never positively recovered, but I'm not sure if there is a complete list of those never recovered with enough description to compare. If this were the case, then I think that it would be reasonable to believe that maybe his clothes were hastily replaced on the road and maybe the belt was something picked up from a thrift shop and there had been no weight loss at all. Just a thought here. I have a lot more ramblings pinging around in the nogging, but for now I'll see what you think of this theory. Thanks all!

I've been a long time lurker here constantly checking for updates about Lyle. There is something about him and the case that just draws me in. I probably think about him every other day and have even spent a couple of imsomnia induced nights dreaming up scenarios about what happened and why he did it. I wonder if in life he would have ever imagined that so many strangers would care about him in death? I have a few random ideas that I'd like to throw out, I apologize in advance if any of them have been thought of before or already ruled out. I've read most of the posts at one time or another, but its a lot of material to remember. I know that many people have speculated that due to timing, that maybe his suicide had a link to the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Has the idea ever been proposed that he used the attack as a way to escape from his life and leave his family to believe that he died in the towers? A way for them to get insurance money? Just a way to cover the shame of a suicide? I have thought of trying to compare him to vicitims of 9/11 that were never positively recovered, but I'm not sure if there is a complete list of those never recovered with enough description to compare. If this were the case, then I think that it would be reasonable to believe that maybe his clothes were hastily replaced on the road and maybe the belt was something picked up from a thrift shop and there had been no weight loss at all. Just a thought here. I have a lot more ramblings pinging around in the nogging, but for now I'll see what you think of this theory. Thanks all!

Welcome to the board! Its always nice to 'see' new faces around!! I've thought about the 911 scenario myself. I've searched through a lot of 911 photos in hopes he connected to the 911 event or possibly he was a victims brother or son... Around September 11th of this year I was curious of how long it would take to get to WA from NY on a bus and plugged in September 11th to see when it would arrive to WA and it shows it would arrive on the 14th so I think its possible "Lyle" is somehow related to the 911 event.

Anyways..... I have a crazy long shot I came across. (sorry if its been mentioned) http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pearson_atticus.html
The height says 5'9 on here but on a news article it has 6'1 listed. I have not found any other pictures of this person or much information at all.

I wonder if this is the correct photo for him. This person looks like a female. Of course people do dress and look different than their gender sometimes.

Hi, I often think of Coldcaseman and hope he and his wife are doing well.

I always thought we were so blessed here at WS when Det Youmans joined to help further Lyle's investigation. . . . Talking with the pro, so dedicated to his life work of solving crimes and finding the missing.

I also wonder about the Elma Jane Doe, his other passion. I'll call Elma next week to see if anything has happened in her case.

xox

I wonder if this is the correct photo for him. This person looks like a female. Of course people do dress and look different than their gender sometimes.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pearson_atticus.html

The same photo is used on the nampm so apparently it's Atticus Louis Pearson's but you're right, he does look like a female especially the bright red lips (but maybe it comes from the photo itself)...

IMO it's not Lyle, the eybrows, chin and jawline seems off but as Pearson's photo's not very good I could be wrong.

What also bothers me is the fact that he went missing from Hawaii and was said to travel and camp a lot. If I remember well Lyle didn't have tan lines as you could expect from someone spending much time outdoors.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pearson_atticus.html

The same photo is used on the nampm so apparently it's Atticus Louis Pearson's but you're right, he does look like a female especially the bright red lips (but maybe it comes from the photo itself)...

IMO it's not Lyle, the eybrows, chin and jawline seems off but as Pearson's photo's not very good I could be wrong.

What also bothers me is the fact that he went missing from Hawaii and was said to travel and camp a lot. If I remember well Lyle didn't have tan lines as you could expect from someone spending much time outdoors.

Lyle could have lived in a locale known for cold weather. I live in Vancouver, and it gets pretty cold sometimes!

I went to Edmonton in 2010/2011 winter season, and I froze my butt off waiting at a bus stop (trying to get to the mall!)

I travel a lot within the city, and I still have the same complexion!

Lyle could have lived in a locale known for cold weather. I live in Vancouver, and it gets pretty cold sometimes!

I went to Edmonton in 2010/2011 winter season, and I froze my butt off waiting at a bus stop (trying to get to the mall!)

I travel a lot within the city, and I still have the same complexion!

Sure because you live where you live. The thing is, they don't say where Pearson was traveling when he went missing (maybe because even his mother didn't know) and I assumed he was in Hawaii because he's listed as having disappeared from there. What I said about the tan lines doesn't apply if he was traveling in a cold area, it's only a guess.

Edit: I thought you were speaking about Pearson. I just woke up and I'm still sleepy :doh:

So yeah I agree with you, Lyle could have lived in a cold area and that's why I have doubts on Pearson as a possible match.

Sure because you live where you live. The thing is, they don't say where Pearson was traveling when he went missing (maybe because even his mother didn't know) and I assumed he was in Hawaii because he's listed as having disappeared from there. What I said about the tan lines doesn't apply if he was traveling in a cold area, it's only a guess.

Edit: I thought you were speaking about Pearson. I just woke up and I'm still sleepy :doh:

So yeah I agree with you, Lyle could have lived in a cold area and that's why I have doubts on Pearson as a possible match.

I barely wear sunscreen in the summer, and I still don't get tanned.

We're gonna have to start checking for broken noses too. Unfortunately, I think CCM said that they didn't do x-rays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly