WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that troubles me is why he was pacing, while on the phone. He was obviously keyed up about something. Were there drugs in his system? I can't help but wonder if he was involved in the drug trade and he was trying to hide from someone who finally caught up to him. If there was another person in the room, it could've been a forced suicide. Mind just wandering...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Did I misses something again. You say is was pacing while, on the Phone. I thought he was "just" pacing up and down the highway. About the Phone; in the overview coldcaseman made I read "No long distancetelephone calls were listed, and he received no calls. I assumed this means the phone in the hotelroom. Than I remembered I saw a mobile phone at a crime-scene picture. And indeed, it is a 2001 motorola cell phone V120 C. Was it Lyle's or from a detective at the scene?(I also see a camera and what looks to be a little box with a photofilm) hmmmmm I have other ideas about crime-scenes.

http://imgur.com/a/2XEV9/all

Did I misses something again. You say is was pacing while, on the Phone. I thought he was "just" pacing up and down the highway. About the Phone; in the overview coldcaseman made I read "No long distancetelephone calls were listed, and he received no calls. I assumed this means the phone in the hotelroom. Than I remembered I saw a mobile phone at a crime-scene picture. And indeed, it is a 2001 motorola cell phone V120 C. Was it Lyle's or from a detective at the scene?(I also see a camera and what looks to be a little box with a photofilm) hmmmmm I have other ideas about crime-scenes.

Wonder if verizon would be able to track it or get anything off it to help with his identity via the serial number etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's so hard not to think of Lyle as Native, but the fact is there is no record of shovel teeth. When I was at Reddit the other day refreshing myself with threads, one thread popped out, how Lyle looks different in the suicide photos then he does the autopsy one. You have to look at all of the suicide pics to get the best feel for what Lyle looks like.

European mix can be mind blowing.
My parents were Hungarian immigrants, she's light skinned blond, he's dark skinned brunette. All I knew about my father was the Hungarian, mother was a mix of Hungarian, German, Slovak. Decided to do our DNA. I about fell over when I read mine. I have to get an email translated to my dads brother to try to get his DNA done before he passes, I also want to do my male cousin on my mothers side, or possibly have him ask her brother to do it.

53% Europe East - Primarily located in: Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Russia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia
- Also found in: Germany, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Estonia, Bulgaria

19% Europe West - Primarily located in: Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein
- Also found in: England, Denmark, Italy, Slovenia, Czech Republic

16% Italy/Greece - Primarily located in: Italy, Greece
- Also found in: France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Serbia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia, Romania, Turkey, Slovenia, Algeria, Tunisia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo

8 More regions - small trace amounts 4%, 2%, 1%
European Jewish - Primarily located in: Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Hungary, Israel
-Also found in: Germany, France, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Bosnia, Serbia, Estonia

Finland/Northwest Russia - Primarily located in: Finland, Russia (northwest)
-Also found in: Estonia, Latvia, Sweden, Lithuania

Great Britain - Primarily located in: England, Scotland, Wales
Also found in: Ireland, France, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Italy

Ireland - Primarily located in: Ireland, Wales, Scotland
Also found in: France, England

Scandinavia - Primarily located in: Sweden, Norway, Denmark
Also found in: Great Britain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, the Baltic States, Finland

I have the shovel teeth, my son does not. :) I'm not saying he is full Cherokee, full Apache, etc. I'm just thinking he looks *part* Native American. :)

Indeed there are some beautiful native american men like Willy Cartier and Rick Mora, also a young Robert Mirabel comes to mind. Why do you think he is from native descent? Just because how he looks or do you have other reasons?

Nope, no other reasons than his looks. I could be DEAD wrong, but study pictures of Native Americans form the 1800's. All this is just IMO. :)

I wonder if it possible that since he had supposedly been to Amanda Park before if he was planning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That puzzeles me too...but actualy the whole traveling thing. As for my question How can New Mexico, etc...be in Iso-region 1 an at the same time in Iso-region 2, I see there is standing plus enz....But that makes me even more confused...how can somebody in such a short time move through or stay in all that regions.... when do I get my Eureka moment :) or somebody else..... and then I read somewhere that he May have lived in the Boise, Idaho areabetween 1992 and 2001 as a teenager or young adult. Where does that fit in? Or is that considered Mid-West?

One thing that troubles me is why he was pacing, while on the phone. He was obviously keyed up about something. Were there drugs in his system? I can't help but wonder if he was involved in the drug trade and he was trying to hide from someone who finally caught up to him. If there was another person in the room, it could've been a forced suicide. Mind just wandering...

The suicide rate among my people is horrendous. :(

That puzzeles me too...but actualy the whole traveling thing. As for my question How can New Mexico, etc...be in Iso-region 1 an at the same time in Iso-region 2, I see there is standing plus enz....But that makes me even more confused...how can somebody in such a short time move through or stay in all that regions.... when do I get my Eureka moment :) or somebody else..... and then I read somewhere that he May have lived in the Boise, Idaho areabetween 1992 and 2001 as a teenager or young adult. Where does that fit in? Or is that considered Mid-West?

Many states are in more than one region because the ISO regions are based partly on altitude. So the lower regions of a state will be in a different region than the higher ones.

I don't know whether they consider Boise to be the midwest, but since it's a low-altitude area surrounded by mountains, it's probably quite identifiable by isotopes.

Lyle was seen walking, looking agitated. Its not known if he was talking to someone on a cell phone. Its thought he prbably did have one plus a back pack or something that he threw away or stashed somewhere

Anything electronic in the photos belongs to LE or ME.

I'm sorry I might've been mistaken. I thought I read where he was pacing along the highway on a cell phone. I could be wrong though. Im following the thread on FB as well, and they had the daughter of the maid posting there. She said her mom had heard voices in the room when she went to ask if LS needed housekeeping. She said they definitely were NOT the TV. I'm wondering if there WAS another person in the room, and if that's where any possible belongings disappeared to.

You know, I grew up with someone with the last name "Bidolli" who looks very similar to LS. I wonder if he could be Italian.

Many states are in more than one region because the ISO regions are based partly on altitude. So the lower regions of a state will be in a different region than the higher ones.

I don't know whether they consider Boise to be the midwest, but since it's a low-altitude area surrounded by mountains, it's probably quite identifiable by isotopes.

By the way: Meridian, where the hotel address he gave is located, is just outside of Boise.

I,m sorry to hear that and it makes me sad.
This is an article from 2015 that you might find interesting!
https://www.revealnews.org/article/leftfordead/
Left for dead: How America fails the missing and unidentified

Topics: Criminal Justice / Left for Dead

By G.W. Schulz / September 2, 2015

Mountain Jane Doe and more than 10,000 others like her make up a bleak national list of people found deceased without an identity. The FBI estimates there are some 80,000 people missing on any given day.
The toll goes beyond the missing and the unnamed. Their mothers and fathers, wives and husbands, brothers and sisters have no idea what happened to them. Killers could still be on the loose.
“They’re living a tragedy, and it just never goes away,” Matthews said. “In a missing persons case, it’s like a funeral that goes on for years, sometimes decades, and I don’t know how these people do it.”
Details about the missing and unidentified dead are recorded in a growing but voluntary federal database called the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs, housed at the Center for Human Identification at the University of North Texas in Fort Worth, where Matthews has risen from amateur Web sleuth to spokesman and director of case management.
Never before has such a comprehensive portrait of these Jane and John Does been available to the public. Launched in 2007 with help from the Justice Department, NamUs operates similar to a dating site, suggesting compatibility among cases. Medical examiners and coroners upload information about a person who is dead and unknown, and a list of possible matches to missing persons reports appears based on a number of criteria – hair color, height and date the individual went missing, for example.
Authorities then must decide whether to take the next step and compare DNA or dental records. Members of the public can search, too, and contact investigators if they think they’ve found a match. The database contains thousands of clues, including locations, dates, physical descriptions, photographs taken post-mortem and more.

Help make a match

Help match the missing and unidentified through our Web tool, The Lost & The Found, which allows you to search NamUs data, including photos and other details, side by side. More information is available about how to use this tool and what to do if you have a missing loved one.

Although authorities often claim that they do not have the funds to exhume bodies and conduct DNA analysis, advances in forensic science have both reduced the cost and increased the chances of making matches.
Many times, the unidentified turn up in the very communities from which they vanished, but years or even decades pass as loved ones await answers. Across jurisdictional lines where agencies aren’t compelled to share information, the problem worsens.
“Probably one of the lowest priorities you have is the remains of someone who’s not a homicide victim or who’s not related to anyone in the jurisdiction where they were found,” said Jerry Nance, who led the cold case unit at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children for 14 years.

This is an article from 2015 that you might find interesting!
https://www.revealnews.org/article/leftfordead/

The lost and found is realy a good site...just one point of criticism......and that is for every site; the sizes, inches...etc.....with every site I have to make a stranslation to a differente scale of measuring...feet, inches and feet, cm's, lbs, kilo's, pounds, shoe sizes etc....It's driving me crazy...but for the good course I do it..... if we could solve that problem, by using the same scale or put it also in European measures...that would be great.....

By the way: Meridian, where the hotel address he gave is located, is just outside of Boise.

Actually it's quite aways away from Boise. It's closer to Pocatello or even Utah.

I was thinking about Lyle's stuff. I looked at the historical weather data of Amanda Park. On 17-9-2001 minimum temperature 13 degreesCelcius, max temperature 16 degrees Celsius (Weather station airport Bowerman) Theday before colder with min. temp. 11/12 C max. temp. 13 C (Weather station airport Bowerman) (I Could not find the exact historical data for Amanda Park, the site keeps changingAmanda Park entered to Hoquiam) I'm not sure if this could make a big difference in temperature (high, low, mountains, woods etc.)

Traveling from a warmer region I would think it was chilly for him and he would have worn a coat, or at least something warmer than what he had on when he was found.

Some things from the summery: They don't know/recall if he had a backpack and "Idon't recall seeing any wear marks indicating a wallet or anything he usuallykept in his pockets".

"The crisp bills suggest he either just got them from an ATM, or had them in a wallet or packed away. He didn't have them shoved in his pocket. No wallet was found, no identication on his trowsers that he had a wallet in it"

Let's say he threw away almost all his stuff, ID, phone, coat or the like, wallet, before he checked in and kept the money or a debit card.

I'm not sure about a backpack. I guess he had to had something with him. He shaved, where did he keep his shaving gear? He had a toothbrush/toothpaste. He had money on him or at least had to have a debit card/credit card if he went to an ATM.

Where did he keep his debit card/credit card or the money? Di
dthe blue plaid shirt had a pocket, where he could put in the fresh bills neatly? Did he buy the newspaper only to carry the money in? The paper did look very neat, almost not touched/read. Most likely he kept the money in his shirt pocket (if there was one) because they where folded one time. On his way back to the motel after buying a newspaper (eventually getting money from an ATM) he threw everything else away.

Or he was on his way with somebody in a car, kicked out of the car, taking only the thing a was carrying on him, leaving the other things in the car. Pacing up and down the highway hoping the person came back but when she or he did not, decided to end his life....nahhhh.....than you would at least try to get a hold of someone by phone....

I was thinking about Lyle's stuff. I looked at the historical weather data of Amanda Park. On 17-9-2001 minimum temperature 13 degreesCelcius, max temperature 16 degrees Celsius (Weather station airport Bowerman) Theday before colder with min. temp. 11/12 C max. temp. 13 C (Weather station airport Bowerman) (I Could not find the exact historical data for Amanda Park, the site keeps changingAmanda Park entered to Hoquiam) I'm not sure if this could make a big difference in temperature (high, low, mountains, woods etc.)

Traveling from a warmer region I would think it was chilly for him and he would have worn a coat, or at least something warmer than what he had on when he was found.

Some things from the summery: They don't know/recall if he had a backpack and "Idon't recall seeing any wear marks indicating a wallet or anything he usuallykept in his pockets".

"The crisp bills suggest he either just got them from an ATM, or had them in a wallet or packed away. He didn't have them shoved in his pocket. No wallet was found, no identication on his trowsers that he had a wallet in it"

Let's say he threw away almost all his stuff, ID, phone, coat or the like, wallet, before he checked in and kept the money or a debit card.

I'm not sure about a backpack. I guess he had to had something with him. He shaved, where did he keep his shaving gear? He had a toothbrush/toothpaste. He had money on him or at least had to have a debit card/credit card if he went to an ATM.

Where did he keep his debit card/credit card or the money? Di
dthe blue plaid shirt had a pocket, where he could put in the fresh bills neatly? Did he buy the newspaper only to carry the money in? The paper did look very neat, almost not touched/read. Most likely he kept the money in his shirt pocket (if there was one) because they where folded one time. On his way back to the motel after buying a newspaper (eventually getting money from an ATM) he threw everything else away.

Or he was on his way with somebody in a car, kicked out of the car, taking only the thing a was carrying on him, leaving the other things in the car. Pacing up and down the highway hoping the person came back but when she or he did not, decided to end his life....nahhhh.....than you would at least try to get a hold of someone by phone....

The toothbrush an toothpaste looked new and only used a few times. Bought probably too during his stay in the motel.

The lost and found is realy a good site...just one point of criticism......and that is for every site; the sizes, inches...etc.....with every site I have to make a stranslation to a differente scale of measuring...feet, inches and feet, cm's, lbs, kilo's, pounds, shoe sizes etc....It's driving me crazy...but for the good course I do it..... if we could solve that problem, by using the same scale or put it also in European measures...that would be great.....

There was a time the US was going to switch to Euro measure but it didn't go over well. I'm glad we didn't. I remember selling Sunoco gas by the liter. yuck

I was thinking about something last night as I was falling asleep (no we're not obsessed!) and I felt like such a fool -- especially because I work for the police. Lol. We were wondering if LS could perhaps be a military deserter or have been in the military as evidenced by his movement around the country. Well, when the coroner took possession of the body for autopsy, I'm sure he took fingerprints, which were run to determine his identity. If LS had been in the military, his fingerprints would be on file. [emoji20]. Obviously they were not, or we would know his identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members