WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. Chin and ears match and the 2006 sighting sounds questionable.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

https://www.spvm.qc.ca/en/MissingAndWantedPeople/Missing/31

I came across this guy also.. missing from Feb 2000 from Montreal Canada.
I don't know if anyone has posted him but his name Stephane Levesque kind of Lyle Stevik in a way.. sadly the photo is really smallLevesque-2[1].jpg

Missing since le 28 février 2000*
Last Name Lévesque*
First Name Stéphane*
Age 29 ans*
Height 1,85 m*
Weight 69 kg*
Hair color châtains courts*
Eye color bruns*
Ethnicity blanche*
Clothes il portait un manteau d’hiver noir avec une inscription «*Ski-doo*».*
Investigator Info-Crime
Investigator's phone number 514-393-1133
Case number 17-000228-019 *

Individual note
M. Lévesque serait sorti de son domicile pour aller stationner son véhicule. Les clés sont restées dans le contact de son véhicule et M. Lévesque n’a jamais été revu depuis.

I don't know if anyone has posted him but his name Stephane Levesque kind of Lyle Stevik in a way.. sadly the photo is really small
attachment.php

Last Name Lévesque*
First Name Stéphane*
Age 29 ans*
Height 1,85 m*
Weight 69 kg*
Eye color bruns*
Ethnicity blanche*
Investigator Info-Crime

Individual note
M. Lévesque serait sorti de son domicile pour aller stationner son véhicule. Les clés sont restées dans le contact de son véhicule et M. Lévesque n’a jamais été revu depuis.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/levesque_stephane.html
attachment.php

Stéphane Lévesque, circa 2000

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since February 28, 2000 from Quebec:
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: N/A
Height: 6'1" (185 cm)
Weight: 150 lbs. (69 kg)
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Clothing: Black winter coat with the
inscription "Ski-doo" on it.

Details of Disappearance
Stéphane Lévesque went out of his residence to park his vehicle. The keys were still in the ignition but Stéphane Lévesque has not been seen since

Attachments

• levesque_stephane.jpg
    levesque_stephane.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 222
Hm, intriguing possibility. Photo is not very clear but I did a side by side anyway. Click to enlarge.

lyle stevik with Stephane Levesque.png

I don't know if anyone has posted him but his name Stephane Levesque kind of Lyle Stevik in a way.. sadly the photo is really smallView attachment 112252

Last Name Lévesque*
First Name Stéphane*
Age 29 ans*
Height 1,85 m*
Weight 69 kg*
Eye color bruns*
Ethnicity blanche*
Investigator Info-Crime

Individual note
I've been following this thread forever and am frustrated that I can't recall whether Lyle was reported as having a French accent. Even a hint of one? Residents of Montreal (native to the region) tend to speak with a French accent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Is anyone in Canada and can inquire about this? I've sent inquiries before through the Canada missing sight, but I've never had any feedback, so who knows if anything has been followed up on.

I only remember reading Canadian accent.. I never thought of a French Canadian accent you have a point there...

I've been following this thread forever and am frustrated that I can't recall whether Lyle was reported as having a French accent. Even a hint of one? Residents of Montreal (native to the region) tend to speak with a French accent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anybody thought of isotope testing? To find the minerals in water that could possibly help determine where he spent most of his life.

Has anybody thought of isotope testing? To find the minerals in water that could possibly help determine where he spent most of his life.

Lyle's isotopes have been tested. The results are a few pages back.
Welcome aboard.

Welcome to Ws Octobersky!
Isotope testing has been done, Lyle seems to have been traveling a great deal before stopping at Grays Harbor.

***UPDATE***

Sorry for the late update, still no info if the company can help or not. I have been praying for this and hoping that something new can come up. Enough time has passed since I contacted them last, so I am calling out all who might be able to help here. We need somebody private company/an expert to work with law enforcement to extract DNA from Lyle’s blood sample. I know a couple of microbiologists but none that have the equipment that could accomplish this. Does anybody know anyone a company, an expert who has the means of extracting DNA from Lyle’s blood sample? We need to contact as many people as possible to work with Lane Youmans to identify Lyle. Please think of everyone you know. Old contacts, contacts that may be available through your family/friends/coworkers/anybody who can help.

Please contact Lane Youmans with any information:

The Grays Harbor County Coroner is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. During regular business hours the Coroner can be contacted at 360-537-6139. After business hours the 24-hour answering service number is 360-532-2322. The FAX number is 360-533-4633. The email address of County Coroner Lane Youmans is lyoumans@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. The office is located at 1006 North H Street, Aberdeen, on the ground floor of the Grays Harbor Community Hospital – East Campus.

Thank you everyone.

They did iso testing it was a good majority of Canada and the lower 48

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Contacted DNA testing center earlier this morning. Sent them a written request if they would be willing to work with law enforcement. Patiently waiting, and not giving up on Lyle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

I think I missed something. Why do you want to redo his DNA? Do you think there's something wrong with the testing they did?

I think I missed something. Why do you want to redo his DNA? Do you think there's something wrong with the testing they did?

Yes, you did miss on some important details. If you go back a few pages you can gain better understanding….

No, the problem is the sample that LE has is not a Y-DNA profile. The current sample that LE has is not usable in this sense. Unfortunately, companies like ancestry and 23andme only extract DNA from saliva. I contacted the coroner regarding this and have been looking for a company that would be willing to work with law enforcement to get the DNA from blood and then submit to organization like ancestry so Lyle can be identified.

---------------------------------

One of the websleuths (Buttons) had emailed Mr. Youmans back in Dec 2016 and got the following feedback,

“I spoke at length with Colleen Fitzpatrick, the woman who solved the Lori Ruff case. The problem is, the DNA profile we have for Lyle is different than one you would get from a company like Ancestry. We need a Y-DNA profile, and from what I have learned, the profile is different. I had hoped to submit our profile to one of the Ancestry companies, but from what I understand, they won’t cooperate, as they don’t want to be associated with Law Enforcement. I understand their reasoning, as they don’t want people to submit a saliva sample to find their ancestors, and wind up getting arrested for some old crime, where their DNA was in CODIS. I’ve tried to get Lyle’s DNA profile from the University of North Texas DNA database, but they won’t release it to me. They said they would give it to another government lab, as the DNA sequence is so long, that a lab would know which section to compare.
If I had known about companies like Ancestry and 23 and me back in 2001, I probably could have obtained a saliva sample from Lyle and submitted it to the private company, but all we took was a blood sample that I submitted to the University of North Texas, and the profile was run through CODIS.” - Lane Youmans, Grays Harbor Coroner

This is another email from Mr. Youmans when I emailed him in early January of this year:

“Ancestry and 23 and me have the equipment to extract a DNA profile from a saliva sample, but as I was told, they don’t possess the technology to extract DNA from a blood sample at this time, but possibly in the future. At this time, there is nothing we can do. There is also the issue of these companies working with a Law Enforcement agency.” - Lane Youmans, Grays Harbor Coroner

-------------------

There has got to be a way that this can be solved. I believe that there are people out there who miss Lyle and mourn his loss. I feel responsible to give him back his name and let his memory rest once and for all.

***UPDATE***

Got an email from the Forensics Department of DNA Diagnostics Center. They would be able to work with blood sample and extract a Y-DNA profile. Just emailed Lane Youmans with the information.

Staying prayerful and hopeful!

Ah, I see. Thanks for taking time to re-explain. 😊I've been away a lot recently and I guess I just missed it. My apologies.

And thank you for doing the work to make it happen!

Ah, I see. Thanks for taking time to re-explain. I've been away a lot recently and I guess I just missed it. My apologies.

And thank you for doing the work to make it happen!

You’re welcome, carbuff. This case needs people to get involved and stay involved. I hope these attempts will prompt new development, discussion and reach even more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces