WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, he wasn’t pale because he had a darker base complexion. He didn’t have tan lines (farmer’s tan) that even a person of color will if they spend a bit time in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but isn't everyone pale after dying? Apart from that if I recall right his complexion was light/pale in the sense that he looked like he wasn't much in the sun. If I look at him he has the kind of complexion like for example some Turkish people who tan very quickly but staying out of the sun, look like to have almost a grayish pale complexion.

I'm sorry but isn't everyone pale after dying? Apart from that if I recall right his complexion was light/pale in the sense that he looked like he wasn't much in the sun. If I look at him he has the kind of complexion like for example some Turkish people who tan very quickly but staying out of the sun, look like to have almost a grayish pale complexion.

I agree. He doesn’t look pale. He looks like he passed away from asphyxiation. Deceased people have a pallor and waxy skin appereance because their blood isn’t circulating to give tissue oxygen. Think about when you blush. Blood is rushing to your cheeks thus the redness. Blood perfusion gives us depth in our skin tone and obviously pink hues. Certain shades of skin take on a yellow or pale looking color upon death. It’s more a contrast in darker melanocytes and lighting and even contrast to colors in the room. If he had pallor or anemia it would show up in discoloration of his gum tissue or other areas of the body. It would have also shown up in autopsy. What you are seeing is lighting issues, death by asphyxiation, and other variances. Now, it has been discussed that he might have been an inpatient or jailed, or even an IT worker, thus wouldn’t have a sunny glow, but we really can’t deduce pallor due to the cause of death. IMOO

iirc, it was believed he lost a lost of weight recently because of the notches on his belt.
I also recall the autopsy found no trace of illness/disease.

That Meridian, Idaho address, he must know it somehow. I would definitely want to see their guest list for the months prior, looking for similar handwriting and showing his picture around town

iirc, it was believed he lost a lost of weight recently because of the notches on his belt.
I also recall the autopsy found no trace of illness/disease.

I know. That always concerned me that this was the rationale for the weight loss. Given the items he had, like basic hygiene things, these clothes could have come from anywhere. Donation box, Salvation Army, etc. Especially if he was on the street awhile or dropped out of society and wanted to blend in. Nobody genuinely “sees” homeless or street people.

I have a theory about how he possibly got the crisp bills. He may have done odd jobs for people while out for the past year. The last person he done a job for may have taken him to the bank and withdrew money for payment.

~Who is the Belle Chasse John Doe?~

Or an ATM. I don’t think they ever tracked or could track the serial numbers though. And they couldn’t track the LOT numbers on his tooth paste, etc

Or an ATM. I don’t think they ever tracked or could track the serial numbers though. And they couldn’t track the LOT numbers on his tooth paste, etc

He probably brought the toothpaste at the local store - or local gas station close to the Motel? It was owned by the same owner as the Motel, IIRC.

IMO, I don't think toothpaste tracking numbers would help that much....BUT YEAH, there's not much to go on.

Or maybe the serial numbers could indicate something...I dunno...reneging on my comment.

The LOT or serial number on the tooth paste or tooth brush could lead to the regional area it was initially distributed. He might have bought it there. True. But, due to regulations, often shipments are tracked for recall purposes. Not saying it is exact, but, knowing for example, the toothpaste was distributed through Walmart in Chicago or something might be a lead to his where abouts.

And with the bills, usually serial numbers are documented before they leave for circulation for certain things. If they were extremely new, they’d maybe hit one bank and an ATM before getting into the public’s hands. Finding the area he was likely to obtain these could also help track him. It’s just a thought. A way to maybe track his travels.

The LOT or serial number on the tooth paste or tooth brush could lead to the regional area it was initially distributed. He might have bought it there. True. But, due to regulations, often shipments are tracked for recall purposes. Not saying it is exact, but, knowing for example, the toothpaste was distributed through Walmart in Chicago or something might be a lead to his where abouts.

And with the bills, usually serial numbers are documented before they leave for circulation for certain things. If they were extremely new, they’d maybe hit one bank and an ATM before getting into the public’s hands. Finding the area he was likely to obtain these could also help track him. It’s just a thought. A way to maybe track his travels.

Question: was the money kept with his belongings, or was it given to the motel as payment?

I mean, I would imagine the motel took it, amiright?

I don't think you have to sorry about being sued.

You do bring up a good point, his boots and clothes. They could do pollen on them like they did with Buckskin girl if the clothes or boots were preserved correctly. That may tell them where he'd most recently came from. Wish they had the toothpaste tube.

I honestly doubt he's Native American. Shovel teeth are not noted.

I wish we could identify him so he can rest in peace. I'm sure he never imagined he'd be larger in death and known by tons of people then he was alive.

Sis not all of us have the shovel teeth. Three of my siblings do, the others do not. I'd bet my last cent that he s part NA.

Did you guy see the Reddit user “DA-VThrowaway” who claims to be Lyle’s Brother In Law? It’s on the Lyle Stevik Reddit page.

Did you guy see the Reddit user “DA-VThrowaway” who claims to be Lyle’s Brother In Law? It’s on the Lyle Stevik Reddit page.
Yes it has been posted but comments were taken down. The websleuths mods asked not to discuss that topic since there isn't enough evidence to prove it's factual. It enraged a lot of us to think it could be a prank.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Yes it has been posted but comments were taken down. The websleuths mods asked not to discuss that topic since there isn't enough evidence to prove it's factual. It enraged a lot of us to think it could be a prank.

I read it and withholding information towards a case is obstructing justice right? That would be illegal. But he may just trying to bait people for attention sadly.

He posted again with explanations; I personally don’t believe him but it’s an interesting read

I read it and withholding information towards a case is obstructing justice right? That would be illegal. But he may just trying to bait people for attention sadly.

That's what got me about it. People get ID'd all the time where the family chooses to withhold the name from the public. If he knows it's his relative he could get someone in the family to do a DNA swab to test against Lyle's (a brother-in-law wouldn't match just to clear that up). They have the choice to not release his name publicly. To mention that on Reddit instead of authorities leads me to believe it's fake. You never know with people though; If it's factual I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to track him through his account.

That's what got me about it. People get ID'd all the time where the family chooses to withhold the name from the public. If he knows it's his relative he could get someone in the family to do a DNA swab to test against Lyle's (a brother-in-law wouldn't match just to clear that up). They have the choice to not release his name publicly. To mention that on Reddit instead of authorities leads me to believe it's fake. You never know with people though; If it's factual I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to track him through his account.

We know that the family can withhold the name from the public, but I doubt the average person knows this. They may read news stories about the police trying to find out the identity of missing persons, stories saying they've been ID'ed and publishing their name, and assuming that it will be made public. The only case I know of recently where they withheld the ID for a now-identified missing person was Benjaman Kyle, and even his real name came out not long after.

I'm also not sure how FOIA requests would work here. I think for many does, they're not high-profile enough for someone to submit that paperwork. For the higher-profile cases - Lyle, Joseph Newton Chandler, Mary Anderson, etc. - someone would almost certainly submit a request to find out their real name, perhaps to write a book or news story about what happened to them and why they preferred to remain unidentified.

Has there been a "high-profile" Doe case where they weren't identified by police and the name never came out?

We know that the family can withhold the name from the public, but I doubt the average person knows this. They may read news stories about the police trying to find out the identity of missing persons, stories saying they've been ID'ed and publishing their name, and assuming that it will be made public. The only case I know of recently where they withheld the ID for a now-identified missing person was Benjaman Kyle, and even his real name came out not long after.

I'm also not sure how FOIA requests would work here. I think for many does, they're not high-profile enough for someone to submit that paperwork. For the higher-profile cases - Lyle, Joseph Newton Chandler, Mary Anderson, etc. - someone would almost certainly submit a request to find out their real name, perhaps to write a book or news story about what happened to them and why they preferred to remain unidentified.

Has there been a "high-profile" Doe case where they weren't identified by police and the name never came out?

You're right, I didn't think they haven't released the names in a high profile case. With names not being released I see it on the doe network all the time. examples: name withheld, this person has since been located, few details are available, etc. But they usually aren't high-profile.

I was just thinking of cases like http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1316ufdc.html, the Laundry Lady, Los Angeles John Doe, and Inglewood John doe. All names are withheld.

It's generally only obstructing justice if it's related to a felony investigation, which as far as we know, this isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader