Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been experiencing ad-redirects for the past couple of days.

The most recent ad-redirect has been a Samsung Galaxy 6 ad. When I've clicked on a link to a thread, a full-page ad for a Samsung Galaxy 6 comes up instead.

I have a brand new desk top HP computer, and I also have up to date anti-virus software.

I'm getting the same thing, a full page ad for a Samsung Galaxy 6, almost every time I try to go to the next page. It doesn't seem to matter what thread I am on.

When I do make it to the next page after refreshing two or three times, it will sometimes bounce back again to the ad and I have to go thru refreshing time and time again.

It is so aggravating that sometimes I just get out of WS since it only happens in WS. Makes me wonder if all the extra clicks are beneficial to the ad company. It's been going on for awhile now, maybe a month or so.

I have an HP with anti-virus.

I'm getting the redirect on Android, so you aren't alone. No idea how to stop it though.

I'm getting the same thing, a full page ad for a Samsung Galaxy 6, almost every time I try to go to the next page. It doesn't seem to matter what thread I am on.

When I do make it to the next page after refreshing two or three times, it will sometimes bounce back again to the ad and I have to go thru refreshing time and time again.

It is so aggravating that sometimes I just get out of WS since it only happens in WS. Makes me wonder if all the extra clicks are beneficial to the ad company. It's been going on for awhile now, maybe a month or so.

I have an HP with anti-virus.

This is an advertising issue and the ad agencies do not want this type of re-direct any more than we do.

If you find that this problem has not been fixed by Thursday will you please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com? That's the quickest way to get in touch with me.

Thank you,
Tricia

I'm getting ads between posts, as well as in the column beside the posts. They're ads for local businesses. I can't find a way to shut them off--I don't see an "x". It's difficult to follow the conversations with all this visual interference. What do you suggest?

Is anyone else getting Nellie's Free Range Eggs pop-up ad? It shows up occasionally on an otherwise blank white page - horizontally at the top or vertically in the center. Takes several refreshes to get rid of it.

For a day or two the Websleuths site has been blocked for me by a pop up ad from mob.free.click. Having cleared the cookies and anything else I can think of I still have not been able to alter the situation. I am using an iPad. Apple support forum tells me that I need to contact you. As I am not a techie I am doing just that in the hope you may be able to help. The Websleuths forum works normally on my laptop.

For a day or two the Websleuths site has been blocked for me by a pop up ad from mob.free.click. Having cleared the cookies and anything else I can think of I still have not been able to alter the situation. I am using an iPad. Apple support forum tells me that I need to contact you. As I am not a techie I am doing just that in the hope you may be able to help. The Websleuths forum works normally on my laptop.

I've got exactly the same problem, on iPhone 6. On my PC its completely fine, just happening on my phone. It started happening on Friday for me.

This is what I get redirected to

IMG_0640 [43738].jpg

IB, I've been experiencing exactly the same issue on my IPad when browsing Websleuths. I installed various different ad-blockers in succession, but l still found that I was being redirected to the dreaded mob.free.click page. The only one that has worked is Plus - and it was free, too.

Don't forget that, if you install it, you need to go to Settings and enable it in Safari.

Hi Everyone,

This is an Internet wide problem. TMZ and Walmart to mention a few other sites with this problem.

Since major big time sites are having the same issue you can rest assured the powers that be are trying to correct the problem.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7369510?start=0&tstart=0

From Dave:

Please note that this is not a site nor an advertising problem but an apple safari issue.

From Apple discussion board:

Dec 20, 2015 11:36 AM
Re: Safari browser on iPad 4 is redirected to
mobfree.click when accessing weather.com. I have reset my iPad and reinstalled apps to no success.in response to Lennyathc657Hi,

I was experiencing the same issue with being redirected to what said 'mobfree.click' in my URL address bar when navigating directly to walmart.com on safari with my iphone 6 plus.

i was able to isolate the behavior down to another app that i had recently installed on my phone that was running in the background (a reddit reader app named reddito). i'm not sure whether this other app is the one facilitating the redirect or if the ad networks they choose to run in their app is the culprit, but i'd say this is worth experimenting with on your ios device.

Try this:
1.Double click your home button so you can scroll through all the apps that are currently running.
2.Close out one app that's running, then go back to your browser and attempt directly navigating to the website that was givng you the redirect (in my case it was walmart.com)
3.If the redirect still occurs, go back into your running apps and close out another app and do the same process again until you find out which other app running in the background is the one that's enabling the redirect to occur in safari browser.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/29497029#29497029

Thank you Tricia and Dave! All seems well, I don't know what app it was that was causing it but it's stopped now :)

From Dave:
Q

From Apple discussion board:

Dec 20, 2015 11:36 AM
Re: Safari browser on iPad 4 is redirected to
mobfree.click when accessing weather.com. I have reset my iPad and reinstalled apps to no success.in response to Lennyathc657Hi,

I was experiencing the same issue with being redirected to what said 'mobfree.click' in my URL address bar when navigating directly to walmart.com on safari with my iphone 6 plus.

i was able to isolate the behavior down to another app that i had recently installed on my phone that was running in the background (a reddit reader app named reddito). i'm not sure whether this other app is the one facilitating the redirect or if the ad networks they choose to run in their app is the culprit, but i'd say this is worth experimenting with on your ios device.

Try this:
1.Double click your home button so you can scroll through all the apps that are currently running.
2.Close out one app that's running, then go back to your browser and attempt directly navigating to the website that was givng you the redirect (in my case it was walmart.com)
3.If the redirect still occurs, go back into your running apps and close out another app and do the same process again until you find out which other app running in the background is the one that's enabling the redirect to occur in safari browser.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/29497029#29497029

I've closed every other running app and it is still happening unfortunately.

ETA Google tells me that a whole heap of other forums are experiencing the same issues.

This is still a huge issue for me. I read that it might be region specific, ie the malicious ads are only appearing to users in certain regions, which is why not all forum users would be experiencing this. I'm in Australia, if that helps to get to the bottom of this.

I've got exactly the same problem, on iPhone 6. On my PC its completely fine, just happening on my phone. It started happening on Friday for me.

This is what I get redirected to

View attachment 85961

This is exactly what I have been getting for a couple of weeks now. Mobfree.click. Been so frustrating. Anyway, I'm on IPad and IPhone, happens all the time on both.

Earlier pages in this thread it states to clear your 'cache'. I had to google how to do this :blushing: but have done it and, so far so good. I have also closed any other pages/apps I had opened per Tricias post.

I have purposely been changing thread and pages several times and it hasn't redirected me once....yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Bessie for the link to this thread.

This is exactly what I have been getting for a couple of weeks now. Mobfree.click. Been so frustrating. Anyway, I'm on IPad and IPhone, happens all the time on both.

Earlier pages in this thread it states to clear your 'cache'. I had to google how to do this :blushing: but have done it and, so far so good. I have also closed any other pages/apps I had opened per Tricias post.

I have purposely been changing thread and pages several times and it hasn't redirected me once....yet. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Bessie for the link to this thread.

I've just gone through ad deleted the website history of any site I didn't recognise/want to keep. Fingers crossed!

It's happening again today. I've deleted my website data several times (and checked that all the data has actually been deleted, and done it again until it shows no data), and it's still happening. I suspect that the malicious ad is back in rotation?

It's happening again today. I've deleted my website data several times (and checked that all the data has actually been deleted, and done it again until it shows no data), and it's still happening. I suspect that the malicious ad is back in rotation?

Yes WoollyMummoth, it's started again for me too, yesterday evening.
I've done the same procedure as before, cleared cache/data, closed any pages/apps, shut down and re-opened and it's still there. Mob click.com.
I know WS states it's happening on other sites like a weather site but I don't think there are many. It only happens on WS for me. Maybe there are certain sites it can sneak in.

It's quite impossible to use the WS forum while Mobfree.click is around. I'm now using Tapatalk as it doesn't happen on here but I'd rather be using the full WS site.

This was happening to me again today. I tried everything as well and nothing seemed to work, I've disabled JavaScript for now and I've had no problems so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back