Warning: ad site redirect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK, Is this what a redirect is? Using iPad. I just posted a reply on thr Arias Retrial thread, and it gave me this:
https://admin.appnext.com/ClickUrlm...078-16378e3cc49d&pbk=wDFPCEJ3IGR4SGNH04VJRPDQ

which automatically opened my Apps page to the attached pic (to order a SIMS game)

hmmmm . but tht link is not what showed in my tab bar when I copy/pasted it here. It started out with something like hshtag.. ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 165
In regards to safari redirects:

Go to settings>safari>advanced >website data and clear all website data. There may be something in there that leads to DNS poisoning. It would probably also be worthwhile to clear your browser cache. After this have a browse around websleuths and let me know how it goes.

Dave

Thanks. I cleared, and will be in touch if it happens again.

For those using an older ipad like I am, I just went to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data>Clear All

I cleared my cache & data and the intermittent redirect is still occurring. Fwiw, I'm on an iPad mini.

Ok, I think I found the problem. It has nothing to do with your cache/cookies and has everything to do with what are being referred to as malvertizements. Basically, ad campaigns that include malicious javascript that are designed to target browsers and/or platforms. In this case, it looks like it's targeting mobile devices. In any event, here is a link discussing this problem.

AdSense Abused with Malvertising Campaign

Eta: It looks like Google is aware of this and has "allegedly" fixed it. If you keep experiencing this redirect, please let them know in their adsense error reporting forum.

I was able to find yet another bad advertiser on Google, just so happens they like to redirect to the play store and other apps :)

They will no longer be advertising on Websleuths.

It is VERY important when posting for help regarding redirects to give me the full and exact url you were redirected to.

Dave

I was able to find yet another bad advertiser on Google, just so happens they like to redirect to the play store and other apps :)

They will no longer be advertising on Websleuths.

It is VERY important when posting for help regarding redirects to give me the full and exact url you were redirected to.

Dave

Would like to do that, Dave, but when I clicked on the tab with the link it copied something I could not see ---- the one I posted a few posts back was not what I was seeing ! WTH

Glad you were able to find the culprit --- most likely. Thanks bunches!

I understand your frustrations.

For other site owners who may find this thread by google:

current list of advertisers caught redirecting with adsense(add to your blacklist)
adwynne.com
shopathome.com
smarturl.it

I just got redirected when clicking on "new posts". It flipped me to this. I don't appreciate it! At all! And just got flipped out again to another ad while trying to post this.

image.jpg

None of us appreciate it. But until Google puts a stop to this (they are working on it), the best that can be done is to forward the URL(where possible) to me. I know this one is from google but without info I have to wait to act on it.

In regards to myfilestore, I have all the info needed that you can give me. There is one more piece to the puzzle that am working on. For this there is no info that a user would be able to pass on. I am able to monitor this one however and can kill it as soon as I see it, or somebody makes me aware. I have been keeping an eye on this 5-6 times or more a day, this was the first instance of it coming back. I do not think it is gone at this point but at least it can be easily controlled.

Dave

None of us appreciate it. But until Google puts a stop to this (they are working on it), the best that can be done is to forward the URL(where possible) to me. I know this one is from google but without info I have to wait to act on it.

In regards to myfilestore, I have all the info needed that you can give me. There is one more piece to the puzzle that am working on. For this there is no info that a user would be able to pass on. I am able to monitor this one however and can kill it as soon as I see it, or somebody makes me aware. I have been keeping an eye on this 5-6 times or more a day, this was the first instance of it coming back. I do not think it is gone at this point but at least it can be easily controlled.

Dave

Here is how VBulletin says to solve the problem:

Securing Your Site...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...nd-troubleshooting/4012478-securing-your-site

I also think I got diverted to a *advertiser censored* site today from WS, but I'm not positive. (It happened in the past several times last year). I may have landed (in error) there from a Google search instead, but I thought it was clicking on Google search results for the WS site. I closed the tab, didn't notice the site name or details, but it was around the same time I got redirected to that other (non-*advertiser censored*) site.

First my apologies for the non-edit of your post. I hit edit instead of reply.

This is the what I am calling the "myfilestore" redirect. After I responded to your last post I snuck out to the UPS store, when I got back I looked to make sure things were still good ...and it was back as expected. I am working diligently at putting this behnd us.

Today I got a redirect to a fake update software for safari when I clicked on a missing person thread.Hubby fixed it.

I was redirected a couple of times but was able to get out of it easily. :)

I didn't get redirected by Avast gave me the red box warning saying that Websleuths is an unsafe site. Unfortunately I didn't stay on long enough to read what the error message said, I just quickly got the heck off the page. Seems fine now though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back