Was BR involved? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if she was strangled first. then hit or not? My thinking is, that if it was accident that was covered up, the accident couldn't have been the garrote. So if the garrote was first I find an accident to be unlikely.

The head bash was not an accident, neither was it intended to kill her. If she was bashed to shut her up (a scream was heard by a neighbor around midnight), the scream likely followed a sexual assault forceful enough to cause her to bleed from the vagina. I for one, do NOT believe the head bash was done to stage the body. There WERE some signs that she was still alive when bashed- one being the mild swelling found in the brain (noted in the autopsy as mild flattening and narrowing of the sulci and gyri- the lobes and spaced between them). This does not occur in a dead body. There was also bleeding in the subdural space- also does not occur in a dead body. Most experts and LE studying the case agree the head bash came first. I agree.

I agree that the head bash wasn't part of the staging however I disagree that it was done to shut her up. I have no idea what happened that night but I firmly believe that one of the 3 Ramsey's delivered that blow, which was the start of a chain of events. I firmly believe J&P spent the entire night staging the event to cover up the crime. What led to the head blow will likely remain a mystery unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never really thought about it, but It would take a very hard hit to crush her skull the way it was. What does everyone think about the possibility that she fell (or was pushed) off of something high and hit her head? It was a three story house, probably a few places it could have happened.

If it were an accidental fall, why cover it up? I believe there would have been other telling injuries as well. IMO the injury was deliberate. The strangulation was done to finish her off.

If it were an accidental fall, why cover it up? I believe there would have been other telling injuries as well. IMO the injury was deliberate. The strangulation was done to finish her off.

andreww,
BBM: I think you are 100% correct here. I watched an episode of the "Forensic Files" last night, as it was a staged crime-scene, which always interests me. In this case Franklin Pulliam, Paterson, New Jersey was whacked on the back of the head as he sat in the passenger seat, but found dead half under the car. The ME stated Accident on the Autopsy Report, but it was a staged crime intent on collecting the insurance recently taken out on Franklin.

What got me was the blood spatter on the inside of the car, as Franklin was whacked his head jerked forward hitting the dashboard leading to the spatter.

This led me to thinking over JonBenet's head injury, where we have a lack of any concurrent injuries to her face or upper body that you could attribute to say falling as a result of a head blow.

This absence of injuries firms up my belief that JonBenet was probably whacked on the head as she lay in her bed, consider the bloodstain on her bedroom pillow.

If BR had whacked JonBenet on the head as some allege her body should exhibit further acute injuries resulting from a fall, yet none are apparent.

This why I reckon the head injury was a failed attempt at staging JonBenet's death!

andreww,
BBM: I think you are 100% correct here. I watched an episode of the "Forensic Files" last night, as it was a staged crime-scene, which always interests me. In this case Franklin Pulliam, Paterson, New Jersey was whacked on the back of the head as he sat in the passenger seat, but found dead half under the car. The ME stated Accident on the Autopsy Report, but it was a staged crime intent on collecting the insurance recently taken out on Franklin.

What got me was the blood spatter on the inside of the car, as Franklin was whacked his head jerked forward hitting the dashboard leading to the spatter.

This led me to thinking over JonBenet's head injury, where we have a lack of any concurrent injuries to her face or upper body that you could attribute to say falling as a result of a head blow.

This absence of injuries firms up my belief that JonBenet was probably whacked on the head as she lay
in her bed, consider the bloodstain on her bedroom pillow.

If BR had whacked JonBenet on the head as some allege her body should exhibit further acute injuries resulting from a fall, yet none are apparent.

This why I reckon the head injury was a failed attempt at staging JonBenet's death!

BBM

Insightful post, UKGuy. I agree that it seems likely JonBenét was 'incapacitated' ( not free standing, restrained,etc.) when the head blow was delivered. JMHO.

BBM

Insightful post, UKGuy. I agree that it seems likely JonBenét was 'incapacitated' ( not free standing, restrained,etc.) when the head blow was delivered. JMHO.

Mama2JML,
If JonBenet had been whacked on the front of her head then all bets would be off. How does someone who is sexually assaulting JonBenet move from this process to whacking JonBenet on the back of her head, was she running away? If so why no injuries from a free fall?

That bloodstain on her pillow is sufficient to link JonBenet to her bed along with whatever bedding was removed from the bed. I remember a discussion on FFJ suggesting the pillow was taken down to the basement to offer JonBenet some relief as she lay dying.

It seems more probable JonBenet was whacked on the head as she lay on her bed unconcious from a manual strangulation. If , as alleged, Patsy was capable of staging JonBenet's death by asphyxiation down in the basement, then why not similarly upstairs in her bedroom?

(rsbm)
How does someone who is sexually assaulting JonBenet move from this process to whacking JonBenet on the back of her head, was she running away?
Just because of the location of the depressed fracture, we don’t have to assume the assailant struck her head from behind. In fact, the location of the impact completely aligns with the circumstances and events outlined by DeeDee in her earlier post (which I completely agree with). Here is her post:
The head bash was not an accident, neither was it intended to kill her. If she was bashed to shut her up (a scream was heard by a neighbor around midnight), the scream likely followed a sexual assault forceful enough to cause her to bleed from the vagina. I for one, do NOT believe the head bash was done to stage the body. There WERE some signs that she was still alive when bashed- one being the mild swelling found in the brain (noted in the autopsy as mild flattening and narrowing of the sulci and gyri- the lobes and spaced between them). This does not occur in a dead body. There was also bleeding in the subdural space- also does not occur in a dead body. Most experts and LE studying the case agree the head bash came first. I agree.
The following first image shows where the depressed fracture was with the head looking straight forward. The second image shows that same location on the skull with the head looking down. (The thin red line was used to position the fracture location correctly in the two images.)

1.jpg2.jpg

Imagine (as in DeeDee’s scenario) that the molestation is occurring with a standing victim. Then the sudden pain from a genital injury causes the victim to look down at the injured area and see her own blood. She screams, assailant grabs the weapon and strikes her on the head, she falls unconscious and collapses, and the scream stops. Look at the angle of the skull injury and imagine the assailant’s arm holding a weapon that could be used to cause the depressed fracture. Nearly anyone you might imagine to be the assailant is most likely considerably taller than JonBenet. This perfectly fits with the injuries as we know them, and with the possibility of what Melody Stanton originally claimed to have heard.

I also agree with DeeDee that the injuries described in the AR prove that the head blow had to have occurred before the strangulation.

(rsbm)Just because of the location of the depressed fracture, we don’t have to assume the assailant struck her head from behind. In fact, the location of the impact completely aligns with the circumstances and events outlined by DeeDee in her earlier post (which I completely agree with). Here is her post:
The following first image shows where the depressed fracture was with the head looking straight forward. The second image shows that same location on the skull with the head looking down. (The thin red line was used to position the fracture location correctly in the two images.)

View attachment 61082View attachment 61081

Imagine (as in DeeDee’s scenario) that the molestation is occurring with a standing victim. Then the sudden pain from a genital injury causes the victim to look down at the injured area and see her own blood. She screams, assailant grabs the weapon and strikes her on the head, she falls unconscious and collapses, and the scream stops. Look at the angle of the skull injury and imagine the assailant’s arm holding a weapon that could be used to cause the depressed fracture. Nearly anyone you might imagine to be the assailant is most likely considerably taller than JonBenet. This perfectly fits with the injuries as we know them, and with the possibility of what Melody Stanton originally claimed to have heard.

I also agree with DeeDee that the injuries described in the AR prove that the head blow had to have occurred before the strangulation.

otg,
BBM: Of course not. I do not discount arriving at JonBenet's head injury via your outline of events. Just as the case can be PDI or BDI, depending on your interpretation of the facts.

I agree that the head blow was prior to JonBenet's ligature asphyxiation, but this does not rule out a manual asphyxiation with the ligature/paintbrush applied to mask this.

My interpretation offers an explantion for the lack of injuries or bruising on JonBenet's upper body, after sustaining such a forceful head injury, I would expect her to fall to the floor immediately, most likely striking her head/face on some object or the floor?

(rsbm & bbm)
My interpretation offers an explantion for the lack of injuries or bruising on JonBenet's upper body, after sustaining such a forceful head injury, I would expect her to fall to the floor immediately, most likely striking her head/face on some object or the floor?
...unless something else kept her from falling to the floor.

(rsbm & bbm)...unless something else kept her from falling to the floor.

otg,
Absolutely. Although that appears as if you are shoring up your theory with an ad hoc explanation or qualification.

otg,
Absolutely. Although that appears as if you are shoring up your theory with an ad hoc explanation or qualification.
Ad hoc? Not at all. It’s not contrived or coincidental that the evidence agrees with my theory because my theory is based on the known evidence.

Ad hoc? Not at all. It’s not contrived or coincidental that the evidence agrees with my theory because my theory is based on the known evidence.

otg,
unless something else kept her from falling to the floor.
Well this is the first time I have read something prevented JonBenet from falling to the floor, all of which provokes secondary queries, i.e. why not place a hand over her mouth if you are that close?

Both interpretations are consistent with the available forensic evidence, regardless of any speculation regarding the details.

IF the head blow happened in her bedroom.....

and IF BR was involved.....

Could this be relevant?

4 MIKE KANE: Did you know anything

5 about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room?

6 Did she work out or anything like that?

7 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so.

8 How big were they? Were they -- Burke might

9 have had some, Patsy had some, she was

10 recovering from cancer, she used to ride her

11 bicycle and work these dumbbells. They were

12 usually -- they usually were in the TV room. I

13 am not sure they were there when she was works

14 out, but those were the dumbbells that we had

15 around.

IF the head blow happened in her bedroom.....

and IF BR was involved.....

Could this be relevant?

4 MIKE KANE: Did you know anything

5 about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room?

6 Did she work out or anything like that?

7 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so.

8 How big were they? Were they -- Burke might

9 have had some, Patsy had some, she was

10 recovering from cancer, she used to ride her

11 bicycle and work these dumbbells. They were

12 usually -- they usually were in the TV room. I

13 am not sure they were there when she was works

14 out, but those were the dumbbells that we had

15 around.

WhereAreTheyNow,
Its difficult to tell how relevant those dumb-bells are, were they actually in her room. Did James Kolar ever remark that they were? If so then I would speculate that if they are the small hand held type, then yes they might have been used to whack jonBenet on the head, or at least some part, i.e. circular end weight or the central bar alone?

Just as JonBenet exhibits an absence of upper body injuries then if the dumb-bells can be placed in her bedroom, and we can assume six-year old girls do not work out, then who would bring the dumb-bells to her bedroom and why?

Also there is the consideration of staging, but thats for another time, interesting how JR implicates PR over the dumb-bells.

What about JB's trophy collection in her room? I wonder how heavy a beauty patent trophy would be? Could the trophy base cause the type if injury sustained in the head bash?

What about JB's trophy collection in her room? I wonder how heavy a beauty patent trophy would be? Could the trophy base cause the type if injury sustained in the head bash?

It would depend which end of the trophy made contact with her skull. If it was the base, it MIGHT make the depressed fracture she suffered. But of it was the edge of the base or the top, with its metal figures and decorative objects, I would think her scalp would have been lacerated or at least broken. My money is still on the flashlight for several reasons. It was THERE- it had been WIPED inside and out (a real red flag to me)- and the family tried to distance themselves from it. Some tests were done with an identical flashlight and it made the identical depressed fracture. I believe tests were done on a styrofoam head, but I also think they were done on a cadaver.

And, according to Patsy, the trophy collection had been moved out of JBR room. I believe one very small trophy was found on her floor and PR was confused as to why it was there.

i have no explanation for the sexual assault on JB but i still think that the head bashing was a heated, spur of the moment action or reaction from BR towards something said or done by JB
can't remember exactly where i read it, but wasn't a friend of JB's quoted as saying that she, JB, enjoyed stomping on BR's lego buildings because it made him really mad?
he had already shown an overreaction when he hit JB on the cheekbone
the secual assault sounds very convoluted to be the work of a nine year old (to me in any case)

It would depend which end of the trophy made contact with her skull. If it was the base, it MIGHT make the depressed fracture she suffered. But of it was the edge of the base or the top, with its metal figures and decorative objects, I would think her scalp would have been lacerated or at least broken. My money is still on the flashlight for several reasons. It was THERE- it had been WIPED inside and out (a real red flag to me)- and the family tried to distance themselves from it. Some tests were done with an identical flashlight and it made the identical depressed fracture. I believe tests were done on a styrofoam head, but I also think they were done on a cadaver.

DeeDee249,
It could be the flashlight, but why would BR need a flashlight and where, there were lights in the house? One exception was JonBenet's bedroom ceiling light, which was not operational, so JonBenet used a bedside nightlight or PR left the bathroom light on.

Contrast the wiping of the flashlight with forensic evidence left untouched in the breakfast bar, which leads me to think it was JR who wiped the flashlight clean?

I've always been of the opinion that the head bash came first. Maybe Burke, maybe one of the parents. However I've since read that a head wound like that should have resulted in heavy bleeding. One would assume that it would have happened upstairs, yet there was no sign of a blood trail leading to the basement. It was suggested by Lou Smit that the head bash came after death or close to it, thus the lack of blood. Was this just something he said to support his intruder theory? I'd like to know whether the skin was broken on the head wound? If not, there would obviously be no bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member