Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patsy's 1998 interview (http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?9945-Patsy-Ramsey-BDA-interview-June-23-1998):

7 TRIP DeMUTH: A couple of questions
8 Tom. With Evan Colby, was there ever a time
9 when Burke and Evan were under the porch without
10 their clothes on something, like that?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: (Nodding).
12 TRIP DeMUTH: Can you tell me about
13 that?
14 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I think
15 Cynthia Savage, my housekeeper-nanny, told me
16 about that one time. They were, there isn't a
17 porch to be under, but I think Evan taught Burke
18 that it was easier to go pee-pee outside than to
19 take the time to go inside to go pee-pee, so he
20 sort of taught him how to go behind the tree.
21 Evan is a little guy.
22 TRIP DeMUTH: How little is little
23 Evan?
24 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I want to say
25 Burke was probably six or seven, Evan was 7 or
1 8, or something like that. And Suzanne told me
2 she came out and saw -- I think she said they
3 were kind of by where we kept this trash can,
4 sort on the left side of the garage and Evan had
5 his pants down showing Burke his -- works.
6 TRIP DeMUTH: Would Burke also have
7 his pants down or not?
8 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't think
9 I heard that.

Thanks for digging that up for me, OTG. It would have taken me awhile to find.

What I find so interesting about this story isn't so much PR's account of the incident, but the fact that Demuth thought the incident important enough to bring up at all. I've never seen Savage's account of the incident in full, so there's no way to reconcile her version of the story to PR's version of the story, but I find it very hard to believe investigators would be interested in a little story about two little boys peeing outside. Even more telling though, imo, is that the questioning seems to show at least some interest in BR's sexual behavior.

JMO

From the scans of the Globe article, I can see why the Ramsey's sued them. Really, it's shameful. BR was a child. That's just so wrong.

I didn\t even read the article but was very interested in those drawings.those are WEIRD.first time |I see those

I didn\t even read the article but was very interested in those drawings.those are WEIRD.first time |I see those

I don't know what or even how to think about those drawings. I think it would be important for any expert interpreting them to not know anything about the person who created them beforehand.

As a boy, I drew my fair share of monsters and creatures (creating my own little comic books and what I thought would be cool video game ideas), but if one of my friends ever showed me one of those BR drawings I'd be like "WTF?!"

Are those even real? How were they obtained? Reminds me of those drawings by schizophrenics I once saw in a psychology textbook.

I'm not sure what I think about analysis of children's drawings. I guess I don't know enough about it to decide if I think it's a helpful resource or not. I've seen some of my drawings as a kid and I think "what the heck!?" about a lot of them. So I don't know.

Is there more to the "naked under the porch" story that I'm missing? Because what Patsy's described wouldn't even register as anything of interest to me, honestly. I wouldn't consider two boys peeing outside nakedness either, probably.

I am so new to this case that I am not firmly in any camp (BDI, RDI, IDI) so it's really interesting for me because I kind of go back and forth between all three as I learn things. Right now, I don't feel like what I've read/seen/heard 100% points to intruder or non-intruder. Though my 'gut' points to non-intruder. And my gut initially thought BDI with his parents covering it up. I think it's hard for me the more I learn about BR just because I tend to have some sympathy towards "weird" kids. And I don't think "weird" or "socially awkward" = sociopath or killer or anything.

In some of the interview clips I saw on Dateline, it looks kind of like he's doing that weird smile there too. Hard to tell because of the video quality but it kind of seemed like it. I am wondering if it's because of the questions/JonBenet/his possible guilt or if it's just some strange thing he does.

I'm not sure what I think about analysis of children's drawings. I guess I don't know enough about it to decide if I think it's a helpful resource or not. I've seen some of my drawings as a kid and I think "what the heck!?" about a lot of them. So I don't know.

Is there more to the "naked under the porch" story that I'm missing? Because what Patsy's described wouldn't even register as anything of interest to me, honestly. I wouldn't consider two boys peeing outside nakedness either, probably.

I am so new to this case that I am not firmly in any camp (BDI, RDI, IDI) so it's really interesting for me because I kind of go back and forth between all three as I learn things. Right now, I don't feel like what I've read/seen/heard 100% points to intruder or non-intruder. Though my 'gut' points to non-intruder. And my gut initially thought BDI with his parents covering it up. I think it's hard for me the more I learn about BR just because I tend to have some sympathy towards "weird" kids. And I don't think "weird" or "socially awkward" = sociopath or killer or anything.

In some of the interview clips I saw on Dateline, it looks kind of like he's doing that weird smile there too. Hard to tell because of the video quality but it kind of seemed like it. I am wondering if it's because of the questions/JonBenet/his possible guilt or if it's just some strange thing he does.

BBM

All we really know about Savage's account is that she caught Burke and another boy under a porch together naked. In this part of the deposition, we hear Patsy's account of what happened. From my perspective, Patsy ALWAYS downplays anything that she feels would in any way tarnish the image of perfection, so I take her answers with a huge grain of salt. But either way, what makes this line of questioning interesting, imo, is that it exists at all. Let's say that Savage tells LE she catches Burke and another boy peeing outside. What on earth would make that an incidence of importance in a homicide investigation? Let's say that Savage tells LE she catches Burke and another boy naked under a porch (which is apparently what she did tell them). How on earth would that be relevant to a murder investigation in and of itself? Now, for a very long time, there was information in this case that people outside of LE didn't know, for instance, the ( too big for JB) sweatpants with feces found on JB's bedroom floor, the feces smeared box of chocolates, whatever info was contained in Burke's medical records, (which we STILL don't know), etc. etc. But all of that information was available to investigators, and in my mind, created a picture that made them feel that this incident about the two boys being found naked together was important enough to question Patsy about. THAT is what intrigues me.

I agree Mountain_kat about the line of questioning. It's definitely interesting as to why they went down that road.
As for PR recollection of anything, I also take with a grain of salt. They even seemed to down play innocent questions and incidents. They were like squirrels in autumn gathering nuts. Every idea the cops threw out they wanted to snatch back up and hide it in their tree. Why did they not know sooooo many answers to sooooo many questions but! If it was something they wanted discussed, they would throw it on the table and hope someone took the bait. I think they always wanted to be in complete control of the interviews. Jmoo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

http://www.drphil.com/local-listings/

Dr. Phil airs at different times for everyone, but it looks like the most common time is 3-4 PM and 4-5 PM for most viewers. So I think that between 3 PM EST - 8 PM EST is where we will see the most interest/talk/discussion happening since that's when it will be on for the vast majority of the country.

Mornin' y'all.
Where's the Dr Phil Thread?
SPOILERS:
DP thanks CBS
for archival footage.
JR seriously misinterprets a LA
quote.
'She looked peaceful' - (what).

LW reminds me of Truman Capote.
Or PSH.

The show wasn't hard to stomach.
But the previews of up coming shows.
Holy Cow.

Mornin' y'all.
Where's the Dr Phil Thread?
SPOILERS:
DP thanks CBS
for archival footage.
JR seriously misinterprets a LA
quote.
'She looked peaceful' - (what).

LW reminds me of Truman Capote.
Or PSH.

The show wasn't hard to stomach.
But the previews of up coming shows.
Holy Cow.

What did the previews show? Or is that considered a spoiler?

http://www.today.com/video/jonbenet...y-revealed-key-detail-to-dr-phil-762923075653

TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie that Burke’s odd smile throughout the interview shows that he is “a very socially awkward young man” who is trying to “control the narrative” about his sister’s death. He also says that there will be revelations about forensic evidence at the crime scene.

:notgood:

When does this Dr. Phil episode air? I thought it was today, but there was some other story on the show.

DPs on today, next runs at 2pm in some areas?

Okay...found a site that says it's today at 3 pm. WTH? Talk about confusing.

ETA: Well hell, that's the time for a Miami station! :banghead:

ETA yet again ! Finally figured out that you can go to DP's website and find your local air time. Obviously, I don't watch the show very often. LOL!

One more. Listening to The View while in the kitchen doing the dishes, and I'm pretty sure I heard DP say that Burke will explain how the bowl of pineapple came to be?! So...Patsy was clueless, but Burke knows?!

When does this Dr. Phil episode air? I thought it was today, but there was some other story on the show.

Hey MK! Long time no see. Check your local stations line up for tomorrow. There are a few shows that I watch occasionally that doesn't air until the following day after taping. I was actually surprised that the Dr. Phil episode is airing here today. You may be able to watch online also.

Great reading you again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member