Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't that look like Boulder?

burke1.png

This house looks somewhat similiar but front porch is different...but Google Maps is from 2 years earlier

b2.jpg

I wonder whose house they did the interview in? It looks very nice. Probably John's.

I'm just curious as to why Burke chose Dr. Phil over anything else.

I just cannot imagine why Burke is speaking now. If, as someone said, it's about $$$, how much $$$ would a Dr Phil interview pay? Enough to expose your private self to the entire world?

Heading off an upcoming expose which implicates him could be another reason. In fact, it's the only reason I can grasp as being plausible.

I don't have a strong opinion about the BDI theory one way or the other, except I'm less inclined to assume it over Patsy and JOHN. But even if BR did hurt her, in my mind that's almost forgiveable. He was a child. But it is perplexing to me that, in his own interview, he states that he pretended to be asleep. Why would he fake being asleep when hearing obvious distress in the household? Unless he had heard it before and it had become a pattern, a way to avoid the conflict or repercussions of similar episodes.

I wonder if BR and JR talk about it. Is the real story out in the open and acknowledged between them? Does Burke even know the truth or does he believe a ball of lies about which he has been brainwashed? Or is it all unspoken?

I can't wait for the interview, but I have very low expectations regarding content. But mostly, I can't believe he's going public. I don't think it's a good move. If it was to expose his father, I would say "good for you, Burke!" But I'm sure it's not. And if Burke does know something about his parents' complicity, I would even understand his continued silence, although it must be torture.

When the Ramsey's did a tv show interview (Barbara Walters?) years ago, I completely believed them. I don't now and I think they're (JR and PR) both complicit, one covering for the other or both covering for Burke. But I fell for their hogwash. I think they are (were) good at lying.

Maybe Burke has been "encouraged" by JR to go public with an IDI theory. Who knows? It's all quite perplexing to me but I'll be watching.

ETA: ok, I just watched the CBS trailer for their mini-documentary. It appears that it will be very anti-intruder theory. I think it's very likely Burke is bring pressured by John Ramsey to speak out in defense of John. And if that's the case, how can a man be so despicable to use his son in that manner ?!?!

Also, I have never read Kolar's book, but I just ordered it. I've heard Kolar is a BDI guy...guess I'll find out soon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trailer-cbs-jonbenet-ramsey-miniseries/

I wonder if BR and JR talk about it. Is the real story out in the open and acknowledged between them? Does Burke even know the truth or does he believe a ball of lies about which he has been brainwashed? Or is it all unspoken?

Boodles, I share the same questions. This is one of those areas where I struggle because we all tend to look at things through our own perspective. If it were me, I would want to know the truth, no matter how badly it hurt. I imagine a lot of us on WS are like that or else we wouldn't be here. But there are also those who would rather not know so they don't have to process the truth.

My mom was in jail when I was 2-5 years old. Everyone lied to me and said that she was working away from home for awhile. I even visited her at the prison and had the impression I was visiting her work (it was a low-security, all female prison, and she had a secretarial 'job' there). The older I got, the more suspicious I became, and eventually my brother confessed that she had actually been in jail but not why. He swore me to secrecy and my family never mentions it, so I ended up doing my own research to uncover what happened. I had to know.

Every single person in my family knew the truth and hid it from me because I was so young and they figured I would be better off not knowing. That may be true when I was too young to understand, but after that it became hurtful. It makes me feel like they think I was too stupid to figure it out, and it makes me feel excluded. I recognize that it caused our family embarrassment and pain that no one wants to rehash, but it still hurts to know that so many people I love have lied to me for so long.

As I apply my experience to this case, it makes me wonder how much BR really knows and how he's processed it over these last two decades. How much does he remember, how much did he participate or witness, and what influence did his parents have on what he recalls and experienced? Does he now or did he ever want to know the truth? Does he talk about it with family, or do they avoid the subject altogether? Surely some of his friends, classmates, fellow employees, girlfriends, etc. have asked about it - how does he respond, and what's it like to live with that?

I agree with you that it's not a good move. If Burke does not come across as 100% beliveable, sympathetic, likeable....the comments sections for his interview are going to filled with accusations and every little tidbit known about him before JonBenet's murder.

On the other hand, since many followers think of him as their quiet, awkward boy who may have killed his sister, the standards for him aren't all that high. It's been 20 years since JonBenet was killed and he seems to have led a normal life since. Would it be that difficult to do an interview where you don't come across as a potential child killer?

So I don't think it's far-fetched to think the interview will go in his favor and most people watching will think there is absolutely no way this normal guy killed his sister as a child.

Great first post, DFF! I'm in the same boat as you. :)

There is so much coming out now with the 20th anniversary (and the success of the recent OJ Simpson docs), and I have very high expectations for it all. Still, I am preparing myself in case it turns out to be far less explosive than how it's being marketed. I am least excited about Dr Phil because of exactly the reasons you mentioned, and I'm worried that the rest will be watered down compared to what we're hoping/needing. Regardless, I'll be glued to my TV next month and keeping my fingers crossed!

Does he talk about it with family, or do they avoid the subject altogether? Surely some of his friends, classmates, fellow employees, girlfriends, etc. have asked about it - how does he respond, and what's it like to live with that?

Apparently it not a subject that is discussed frequently.

According to one of his friends, he mentioned it once, but they were not asking him about it. He brought it up out of the blue.

Guess what he said? he said he didn't remember anything that happened that night.

The way I see it, the people that are close to him (girlfriends, classmates, etc...) are close because they don't ask him questions about the topic.
What is his reaction when people want to talk about it? see it in the video, he walks away.

I don't even think John's new wife asks him questions either.

I agree with you that it's not a good move. If Burke does not come across as 100% beliveable, sympathetic, likeable....the comments sections for his interview are going to filled with accusations and every little tidbit known about him before JonBenet's murder.

On the other hand, since many followers think of him as their quiet, awkward boy who may have killed his sister, the standards for him aren't all that high. It's been 20 years since JonBenet was killed and he seems to have led a normal life since. Would it be that difficult to do an interview where you don't come across as a potential child killer?

So I don't think it's far-fetched to think the interview will go in his favor and most people watching will think there is absolutely no way this normal guy killed his sister as a child.

I hear you that his being likable could win him some converts from the BDI camp, but for most intents and purposes he retains relative anonymity to the general public. He could talk to me in a checkout line at the grocery store and I wouldn't recognize him today, even though I've seen his photo before. But after a miniseries, I'd recognize him. This will expose him to even greater scrutiny.

But I guess he has his reasons. Maybe John has threatened to withhold inheritance from him unless he speaks out in favor of an intruder.

Apparently it not a subject that is discussed frequently.

According to one of his friends, he mentioned it once, but they were not asking him about it. He brought it up out of the blue.

Guess what he said? he said he didn't remember anything that happened that night.

The way I see it, the people that are close to him (girlfriends, classmates, etc...) are close because they don't ask him questions about the topic.
What is his reaction when people want to talk about it? see it in the video, he walks away.

I don't even think John's new wife asks him questions either.

Is it really socially acceptable to ask somone about their murdered sister? It's one thing if it happened recently, but over a decade later? I can't really blame him for not wanting people in his life who would bring that up. You would have to wonder about their intentions and how much interest they have in the case.

Maybe John has threatened to withhold inheritance from him unless he speaks out in favor of an intruder.

Hey now there's a good thought I hadn't considered! I can't imagine that his interview will be anything but IDI, so maybe there is some weight to this.

I also agree with other posters that it's likely he wants to get ahead of the potentially negative publicity from the other specials coming out about the case. That's certainly in the R playbook!

As much as I detest Dr. Phony Phil, I will have to record so I can watch it. I am not expecting any revelations. He is doing this because he knows what a loser Phil is and probably figures he'll get treated like the Anthony's were. The fact that his father is also being interviewed is the give away because there is no way he would be involved if it was going to be a serious look at the evidence.

I am more hopeful for the CBS special, but I have been disappointed before. so we will see. It's going to be interesting anyway. Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years and the same old ridiculous lies are still being pushed.

been a while so hi and glad to see ya all

not expecting any wow moments but excited to finally see him doing the talk by himself, interested to study his remarks and behavior,etc

hmmmhmmmm....sounds promising!

before learning about this I asked myself whats with the BR interview....guess they found out the other show is coming and desperately need some balance?cause i never understood why the Ramseys are stirring the pot with their public appearances, especially since they never talk about wanting to hunt down the intruder but always about themselves?

ETA
begging cynic and everybody else
pls pls someone record both and post them on ytube, some wont be able to watch it live!:loveyou:

henri lee says you are trying to investigate a homicide but there is no homicide....

me thinks they are going down the BDI road, they will probably wont say it directly, happened with Kolars book as well but...everyone will be able to decide for themselves after watching it...

and i personally came to the conclusion that the only theory that really explains everything about the parents behavior and actions after the crime is BDI.it probably started with a coverup out of panic, a few lies and then they lost control, which led to the huge mess and people getting hurt.

the huge mistake was the desire to (PROTECT family IMAGE???) cover it up instead of calling an ambulance even if it was too late, in their opinion.their lifestyle was in a moment of panic more important than their child.says it all re their characters.

I feel like it would be better if CBS aired "The Case Of" before the Dr. Phil interview. It seems like there is more interest in "The Case Of" than the Dr. Phil interview, from my social media research. The trailer for the Dr. Phil interview has gotten about 350k views, while the trailer for the The Case Of has gotten 1.3 million views. So you air The Case Of first and then you air the Dr. Phil interview afterwards. All the people who watched The Case Of will want to see the Dr. Phil interview, especially if Burke is a focus of The Case Of. I know that they will probably repeat the Dr. Phil episode after The Case Of airs, but I think for maximum ratings, the first time it airs, it's best to air The Case Of first. But hey, I'm not a television executive LOL.

if i am not mistaken, the third and last B interview part airs AFTER the other show, the next day IIRC?
basically B will have *the last word* wink wink

guess most channels are still afraid eh

they CANT stop RDI from expressing their views but they nicely arrange things so that the poor Ramseys have the final word in the public court

henri lee says you are trying to investigate a homicide but there is no homicide....
IMO that was his way of describing the paradoxical nature of the entire crime itself. Of course we'll have to wait and see what else he says about it but that's the way I took it.

While it may not have started as a homicide, that's the direction it went. If Lee is going to state that the bash to the head and strangulation were both accidents, I am going to question his competency at this point in his life.

me thinks they are going down the BDI road
Me thinks BDI is going to go way down the list of realistic scenarios after all these documentaries are over, especially if more evidence is shown.

Remember those days when IDI was popular on the forums, fizzled out, and then you rarely saw those scenarios discussed? Welcome to the world of BDI in a few months to a year.

No offense to the BDI members here. I respect many of them and they bring up a lot of great points and observations. They're also willing to look at things from different perspectives and take a fresh look at the case. None of them suffer from a closed mind, I just think that theory is on the verge of running out of gas.

Me thinks BDI is going to go way down the list of realistic scenarios after all these documentaries are over, especially if more evidence is shown.

Remember those days when IDI was popular on the forums, fizzled out, and then you rarely saw those scenarios discussed? Welcome to the world of BDI in a few months to a year.

No offense to the BDI members here. I respect many of them and they bring up a lot of great points and observations. They're also willing to look at things from different perspectives and take a fresh look at the case. None of them suffer from a closed mind, I just think that theory is on the verge of running out of gas.

I tend to agree with this perspective, singularity, and you stated it tactfully. I am about 1/3 of the way through Kolar's book, and I haven't read anything yet that sways me completely to BDI. I wonder if after reading his book and watching these documentaries my views will change.

The most important thing I see about BDI is that it makes IDI theories that much harder to float. Plausible theories exist about PDI, JDI, and now BDI, with IDI theories being the weakest from an evidentiary perspective. IMO, the intruder was a surprisingly successful, distraction-causing illusion that allowed the true perpetrator(s) get away with murder.

I tend to agree with this perspective, singularity, and you stated it tactfully. I am about 1/3 of the way through Kolar's book, and I haven't read anything yet that sways me completely to BDI. I wonder if after reading his book and watching these documentaries my views will change.

The most important thing I see about BDI is that it makes IDI theories that much harder to float. Plausible theories exist about PDI, JDI, and now BDI, with IDI theories being the weakest from an evidentiary perspective. IMO, the intruder was a surprisingly successful, distraction-causing illusion that allowed the true perpetrator(s) get away with murder.
Kolar's book is great. It's a must read. I thank him for doing such a great job pointing out the bizarre basement sequence which has always baffled me all these years yet gets ignored by many. IMO it is a huge piece of the puzzle and might even be one of the pieces that could bust the entire case wide open and solve it even though this sequence happened the morning/afternoon after her actual murder. Once reading the book, I thought this would have got much more attention but instead all the book did was reignite the BDI scenarios.

LIke I've said before....great book but he loses me with BDI.

http://thetvpage.com/2016/08/14/dr-phil-mcgraw-previews-burke-ramsey-interview/

Dr. Phil McGraw Previews Burke Ramsey Interview
August 14, 2016

“The missing link is Burke Ramsey because in 20 years, he has never spoken publicly. He was interrogated threes times: once when he was 9 and twice when he was 12. But those interrogation tapes disappeared.”
“We have Burke Ramsey and we have the three interrogation tapes,” McGraw reveals.
“So for the first time in 20 years, we are going to hear from the other person that we know was in the house the night that child was tragically murdered.” 

“We are going to find out what he knows, what actually transpired from his point of view and what happened from the minute he woke up that morning and what has transpired inside that family since then.”
McGraw describes Burke’s demeanor as “very candid and forthcoming.”
The three part series also includes an interview with JonBenet’s father, John Ramsey."

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...stions-about-her-death-in-exclusive-interview

JonBenet Ramsey's Brother Is Asked About What Happened the Night His Sister Died in Exclusive Interview
August 15, 2016
Inside Edition

"In a new clip from the upcoming episodes, Dr. Phil McGraw presses Burke on why he has never spoken out until now, and why he chose his show to do so."

With the documentary coming out and the Kolar book, Burke's continued silence will no longer be acceptable. For me this case has always brought up in me so much anger, because as people I did not like the Ramseys, even if I thought they were innocent at some points, they were just not likable and something was always off about them, like there were secrets and darkness in that house. Then there was Burke who seemed to be a replica of them, they wanted us to believe he didn't matter, it was indifferent, they left him upstairs in his room, no worry about him, what he would go through, no fear for Burke. Then they just buried him and for years and years Burke kept silent, protected. Why? Why didn't they let him talk before this? Why didn't he WANT to talk before this? Because as a youth, he may have messed up the story that is my opinion, Burke couldn't be trusted to speak, until now. Now because with the documentary and book he is being forced out of the shadows at a time when social media and social justice is at its peek, if he didn't come forward now with "his side", his life would be stalked, the success of the documentary would force strangers back into "their business".

The Burke interview will not be anything but Burke sticking to the script and it will be about him and his family being victimized. It will be nothing of use. IMO.

hmmmhmmmm....sounds promising!

before learning about this I asked myself whats with the BR interview....guess they found out the other show is coming and desperately need some balance?cause i never understood why the Ramseys are stirring the pot with their public appearances, especially since they never talk about wanting to hunt down the intruder but always about themselves?

ETA
begging cynic and everybody else
pls pls someone record both and post them on ytube, some wont be able to watch it live!:loveyou:

madeleine,
These shows will be available for download on the internet, just use your favorite search engine, BR interview is being streamed online too by DailyMail.com, with some persistence you should be able to watch all shows,

The Burke interview will not be anything but Burke sticking to the script and it will be about him and his family being victimized. It will be nothing of use. IMO.

Agree with the above 100%! I haven't followed closely enough lately to know, but I'm presuming BR did the Dr. Phil interview AFTER they filmed the CBS series. That last second of the clip they're trying to get him to talk and he runs. IMO, he is doing damage control on the Dr. Phil show for himself, Dear Daddy Warbucks, and his departed Mommy Dearest.

Those of you that know me,(Hi! Long time no see!) know I am not BDI, or IDI. J/PDI was, is and always will be my gut feeling. The only thing that makes me have a bit of hope for new evidence, or something that exposes the killer for sure, is that apparently the CBS series is damaging enough it REQUIRES damage control! :D If all else fails, and JR &/or BR look guilty enough, they'll throw PR under the bus so fast it will make your head spin! Of course, they'll soften it. Claim she was never the same mentally after the early round of cancer, mentally ill, on some mood altering drug post cancer, etc. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx