Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's not autistic I find it disturbing. If he is autistic I find Dr Phil disturbing for putting him on TV like that knowing how it will make him look. It wouldn't be any of our business except they are the ones coming to the public, so I think it's a valid question for us to want an answer to as it pertains to his behavior which is relevant in this instance. I wish they would tell us. The lack of an explanation is deafening. I feel guilty for feeling this way though, but I think an answer is needed unless it's answered later in the show.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

If he's not autistic I find it disturbing. If he is autistic I find Dr Phil disturbing for putting him on TV like that knowing how it will make him look. It wouldn't be any of our business except they are the ones coming to the public, so I think it's a valid question for us to want an answer to as it pertains to his behavior which is relevant in this instance. I wish they would tell us. The lack of an explanation is deafening. I feel guilty for feeling this way though, but I think an answer is needed unless it's answered later in the show.

Dr Phil was on the Today Show this morning and gave an explanation for BR's grinning and strange "affect" during the interview.

He said that BR has been very sheltered all of his life and he continues to remain extremely reclusive today. He works from his home as a computer tech and never goes into the office.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: SPOILER ALERT....
Am I the only one with a dang headache after watching Dr.Phil???
*screams!*
I waited all this time to mainly hear from JR most of the time and too many repeated videos and commercial. Crap we've already seen???
I thought this was supposed to be BR's time to talk dammit!
I swear to the dear baby Jesus if had to sit through another freaking cliffhanger / commercial / re-interviewing JR / jumping to BR again for another cliffhanger to start the cycle all over again, I would've through the remote through the tv.
That was a lot of wasted excitement and energy.
My head hurts now. I feel like that whole episode established NOTHING new and if anything gave JR yet another chance to muddy the waters even more and change his story AGAIN. GRR.:banghead::banghead:

Even if the whole Dr Phil thing was going to end with Burke tearfully admitting to killing his sister, it would still be 2 days of fluff and shocking admissions in the last 10 minutes of day 3's episode. That's just how tv goes. Of course, I'm sure nothing of consequence will happen in any episode, but any possible juicy info will most likely be in episode 3 because they want you to watch all 3 episodes.

With the "island of privacy" I highly doubt any dx. would be stated at this point. Dr. Phil IIRC was interviewed and stated he was "socially awkward." Connect the dots...
To be fair, if he has social phobias, I give him credit for speaking up. Yes, 20 years after the fact, but that must have been even more difficult than any of us realize. At least he is trying to be candid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-crime-jonbenet-idUSKCN11J00T

rueters
Mon Sep 12, 2016

JonBenet Ramsey's brother, in TV interview,
recalls morning sister slain

"The first thing I remember is my mom bursting in my room really frantic, saying, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!, running around the room, now I know, looking for JonBenet," he told the show's host, Phil McGraw.
Ramsey said he remained in bed as a police officer entered next, shining a flashlight in the predawn darkness.
"I was scared I think," he said. "I didn't know if some bad guy was downstairs (who) my dad was chasing off with a gun or ... I had no idea."
Ramsey remembered later being asked by another police officer where JonBenet might be and suggesting that she might be hiding. Later, at the home of a family friend, his father John Ramsey told him that his sister was dead.
"My dad just said, 'She's in heaven,'" he said. "I was kind of like, 'How is that possible?'"

Dr Phil was on the Today Show this morning and gave an explanation for BR's grinning and strange "affect" during the interview.

He said that BR has been very sheltered all of his life and he continues to remain extremely reclusive today. He works from his home as a computer tech and never goes into the office.
Thank you. A sheltered recluse. I don't know any, does anyone else? Is smiling and laughter typical behavior for a recluse? I'm not sure if that makes it make more sense to me or not. When I think of a recluse I think of a grumpy, disheveled old man who lives in a shack in the mountains with no friends. I'm sure they're not all the same.

I, honestly, felt sorry for him during that interview. I couldn't wait for it to end.

And since I don't feel that the interview will reveal anything, I think it was pointless.

It is so strange to me that their lawyers would let Burke go on tv if this is the case. I mean, JR has to know his son and how reclusive/awkward/whatever he is, he has to know that he will not come off well in a televised interview. Why let him subject himself to that?? I suppose Burke is an adult and JR probably can't stop him, but cripes. It does make me wonder if some incriminating info is going to come out on CBS and they were desperate to get ahead of it, so they allowed him to go on tv.

Dr Phil is on the Kelly File on Fox News tonight about the case the show has started now.

http://time.com/4488513/burke-ramsey-dr-phil-jonbenet-ramsey/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+time%2Ftopstories+%28TIME%3A+Top+Stories%29

JonBenet Ramsey’s Brother Recalls the Moment He Was Told She Was ‘In Heaven’

“My dad told me JonBenet is in heaven now, and he started crying, then I started crying,” Burke Ramsey told Dr. Phil in an exclusive three-part interview that first aired Monday. “I was kind of like how is this possible? I started crying. I don’t think I said anything. I didn’t believe it at first.”

With the "island of privacy" I highly doubt any dx. would be stated at this point. Dr. Phil IIRC was interviewed and stated he was "socially awkward." Connect the dots...
To be fair, if he has social phobias, I give him credit for speaking up. Yes, 20 years after the fact, but that must have been even more difficult than any of us realize. At least he is trying to be candid.

The dots kinda lead me to guilty. I'm a mother, so I already feel badly for him. If he's autistic, and I can see he's definitely awkward, I feel doubly badly for him. I don't see the purpose of him doing this interview though unless it's to confess, which I don't think he is going to do, because it doesn't seem to be serving the purpose they mean it to serve. But the show isn't over yet perhaps it will surprise me.

I don't know, I didn't see a person who is just reclusive. Armchair psychologist and all, but even an extremely shy person would know that smiling while discussing such a serious, personal subject is not appropriate.

I just don't get why they wouldn't explain this ahead of time, and control the media narrative.

The dots kinda lead me to guilty. I'm a mother, so I already feel badly for him. If he's autistic, and I can see he's definitely awkward, I feel doubly badly for him. I don't see the purpose of him doing this interview though unless it's to confess, which I don't think he is going to do, because it doesn't seem to be serving the purpose they mean it to serve. But the show isn't over yet perhaps it will surprise me.

It's a real conflict because I am a mom too, yet in MHO I believe something happened between JBR and BR that night.
Maybe this is the only justice JBR will ever get, her brothers interviews and the CBS reinvestigation. This has been my line of thinking...tonight.

Thank you. A sheltered recluse. I don't know any, does anyone else? Is smiling and laughter typical behavior for a recluse? I'm not sure if that makes it make more sense to me or not. When I think of a recluse I think of a grumpy, disheveled old man who lives in a shack in the mountains with no friends. I'm sure they're not all the same.

His explanation didn't make a lot of sense to me either. I think there were a lot of people questioning the grinning and affect from seeing the the clips shown before the interview and that was the explanation he gave.

I thought that I read somewhere that BR did attend college and has a longtime girlfriend but I could be wrong on that.

I mentioned on another thread that I once worked with an I.T. expert who was a genius with computers. He did work remotely but a few times he did come into the office
and any social encounter he had with staff (or anyone) was noticeably painful to him (physically and mentally).

He would grin widely with tears in his eyes when someone said hello or asked a question while he was walking towards our computer server room.

I would try to bring him in after hours or weekends because it was hurtful and painful even to watch him if he interacted with anyone - especially someone he did not
know. I never asked him questions except via email before he came into the office because he seemed to look for an escape hatch in the ceiling if I did.

This guy I knew had Asperger's along with severe social anxiety. I did find out that he had a small group of close friends he had known for years
and he was fine with them. Anyone else - anxiety went through the roof.

I noticed so many similarities between my I.T. person and Burke today. Wow

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-crime-jonbenet-idUSKCN11J00T

rueters
Mon Sep 12, 2016

JonBenet Ramsey's brother, in TV interview,
recalls morning sister slain

"The first thing I remember is my mom bursting in my room really frantic, saying, 'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!, running around the room, now I know, looking for JonBenet," he told the show's host, Phil McGraw.
Ramsey said he remained in bed as a police officer entered next, shining a flashlight in the predawn darkness.
"I was scared I think," he said. "I didn't know if some bad guy was downstairs (who) my dad was chasing off with a gun or ... I had no idea."
Ramsey remembered later being asked by another police officer where JonBenet might be and suggesting that she might be hiding. Later, at the home of a family friend, his father John Ramsey told him that his sister was dead.
"My dad just said, 'She's in heaven,'" he said. "I was kind of like, 'How is that possible?'"

Yes Tadpole! This is the one line that caught my attention. It gave me pause.

Did anyone else notice during the (very few) minutes in which the screen shows Burke speaking, he tends to check on or look at something or someone to the front and left of him, toward the camera? They're little tiny glances, but I wonder if he's looking toward a person for validation or maybe he's just curious about the camera person or equipment.

Dr Phil on The Kelly File on Fox News has just said that Burke makes a shocking revelation about the boot print and he asks him directly if he or his mother murdered his sister.

I haven't watched it yet, but from the previews, it looks to me like Burke is somewhere on the Autism spectrum. My daughter is, and she's been in many social groups, so I've been exposed to a lot of kids and young adults with autism.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: SPOILER ALERT....
Am I the only one with a dang headache after watching Dr.Phil???
*screams!*
I waited all this time to mainly hear from JR most of the time and too many repeated videos and commercial. Crap we've already seen???
I thought this was supposed to be BR's time to talk dammit!
I swear to the dear baby Jesus if had to sit through another freaking cliffhanger / commercial / re-interviewing JR / jumping to BR again for another cliffhanger to start the cycle all over again, I would've through the remote through the tv.
That was a lot of wasted excitement and energy.
My head hurts now. I feel like that whole episode established NOTHING new and if anything gave JR yet another chance to muddy the waters even more and change his story AGAIN. GRR.:banghead::banghead:

I was really annoyed with the editing. It jumped around way too much. So annoying. An hour long with very little content.

What stood out the most in part 1 (besides the obvious creepy smiling):

--Burke's explanation for why he stayed in his room that morning. Doesn't like conflict? Afraid of a bad guy downstairs? That doesn't make sense. If your mother frantically runs around your room screaming "where's my baby??" you're probably not going to just lay there, you get up to find out what's going on.

--The trashing of Linda Arndt. They made this poor woman out to be worse than a mall security guard. Yes, she made serious procedural mistakes that morning. But when both the 911 operator and the detective on the scene have strong gut feelings that something is off, there's probably a good reason.

--So far this interview is having the opposite effect that John Ramsey and Lin Wood must have intended. I felt sorry for BR, to be honest. Regardless of whether BR caused his sister's death, he obviously has some issues and should not have agreed to this interview.

The part in bold....that is how a neurotypical child would likely react. If Burke is on the autism spectrum, it would be a whole different ball game, IMO. All people with autism can't be lumped together because they are all so very different. But I have known some who are just a bit more disconnected from other people's feelings. It's not sinister. It's just that they aren't that interested in what is going on with others. So IF he would be on the spectrum, it's possible he could be like that too. Basically like he really couldn't be bothered to see what was going on. Though he also mentioned that maybe he just felt safer. Maybe he didn't want to deal with the reality that something bad was happening. I don't know. Just playing devil's advocate a bit.

Working remotely from home is actually somewhat common in the IT field. My husband did it for a decade or so. As did many of his coworkers. It certainly doesn't mean a person is "reclusive" or anti-social or anything like that.

I do think the smile was out of discomfort and a nervous thing. I have a feeling he does it so often that he probably doesn't even realize it. Or I could see his weirdo mother constantly telling him to smile or something and now he just does it out of habit. Who knows.

At first I found the smile creepy. But the more I watched, it made me kind of sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member