Was Burke Involved? # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BR left at about 7:30 am. The "missing hour" was from about 10:40-12:00 pm.

BR was a remarkably articulate kid (as seen in his interview from 1997), but IDK if he would be capable of writing a letter like that. Like the term "attaché" complete with the accent doesn't seem like a 10-year old's vocabulary, even a smart one.

It is quite possible that BR was responsible for the violence and his parents just cleaned up after him, leaving the note to "explain".

It's not impossible for him to have heard certain words or phrases from adults or movies, some kids are just mimicks that way, even if they don't fully grasp the meaning, they are just really good at remembering stuff like that. If those words represented what he thought an adult might say, and he was trying to sound adult, and what he thought was business professional.

The ability to express thought in writing, is surprisingly quite separate from the ability to verbalized it. Different brain functions.

That's why some non verbal indivuals with autism can still express thought when they type or write it out, yet might not speak at all.

One of the only aspects of the case that I've had trouble figuring out is who strangled JBR with the cord. I've never really had a solid theory on it, other than it had to have been one of the three Rs. If BR did this part, did he wear gloves? To my knowledge, his DNA is not on the cord, yet PR's sweater fibers are. Any thoughts?

OliviaG1996,

Patsy's fibers are all over and embedded into the ligature knotting, which is at variance with all those citing scouting and sailing skills. So I would answer Patsy to your question.

Unless the case is really either PDI or JDI and BR gets a pass from the GJ due to his age at the time, note independent of any involvement in the death of JonBenet.

Then assuming neither parent was the assisted person in the GJ's True Bills, that leaves BR as the instigator and the parents simply staging a fake crime-scene?

I just wonder what the GJ knew to arrive at Murder in the first degree? That rules out an accident, so any theory of mine would have to accommodate that and alike Patsy's or JR's fibers its not 100% where I expected to end up.

BR was a remarkably articulate kid (as seen in his interview from 1997), but IDK if he would be capable of writing a letter like that. Like the term "attaché" complete with the accent doesn't seem like a 10-year old's vocabulary, even a smart one.

It is quite possible that BR was responsible for the violence and his parents just cleaned up after him, leaving the note to "explain".

Agree. "Adequate size attaché". "Exhausting". "And hence". "Deviation". "Bank authorities" "Deceive". "Law enforcement countermeasures". "Scrutiny".

The FBI experts and linguists who have examined the note felt the author was an educated female over 30. Plus IIRC the police obtained examples of Burkes writing by getting samples of his schoolwork. His third grade teacher also testified for the grand jury.

Annapurna,
BBM: This is my current working hypothesis. No way did BR author the RN that and the wine-cellar crime-scene is the work of the parents, the primary crime-scene is elsewhere in the house, e.g. BR's bedroom?

Just to clear up what I am seeing as bad information:

First-degree murder does NOT mean premeditated. I can, but it doesn't have to. First-degree murder charges can be brought for murder while committing other crimes, like robbery, sexual assault of a child, kidnapping, etc. - see link below for more.

So, please do not assume that the grand jury was stating for a fact that the murder was premeditated.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-first-degree-murder.html

Not MOO, it's the law.

Link to JR's indictment: http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/810033/johnramsey.pdf

Just to clear up what I am seeing as bad information:

First-degree murder does NOT mean premeditated. I can, but it doesn't have to. First-degree murder charges can be brought for murder while committing other crimes, like robbery, sexual assault of a child, kidnapping, etc. - see link below for more.

So, please do not assume that the grand jury was stating for a fact that the murder was premeditated.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-first-degree-murder.html

Not MOO, it's the law.

FinallyRegistered,
Thanks for that. Although BR due to his age was not supposed to be able to form the intent to murder, if I have that aspect right, the GJ still cited First-degree murder charges, which include deliberate intentionality, so maybe if it had ever gone to trial maybe the charge might have been downgraded?

FinallyRegistered,
Thanks for that. Although BR due to his age was not supposed to be able to form the intent to murder, if I have that aspect right, the GJ still cited First-degree murder charges, which include deliberate intentionality, so maybe if it had ever gone to trial maybe the charge might have been downgraded?

Well, see, that the bolded part is not totally correct either because it doesn't say "deliberate, intentional" in the GJ's charge, it just says "crime of Murder in the First Degree" with no specifics.

I'll copy and paste the Colorado law here:
Colorado prohibits murder in the first degree, which is any of the following types of killings (emphasis added by FinallyRegistered):
◾A deliberate, intentional killing of another
◾Causing a death of anyone (besides a criminal participant) while committing, attempting, or fleeing the scene of arson, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual assault of a child, or escape from lawful custody (sometimes called felony murder)
◾By causing an innocent person to be convicted and executed due to perjury or persuading another to perjure
◾Causing someone’s death by knowingly engaging in conduct that creates a serious risk of death, because of an attitude of malice and extreme indifference to the value of human life (sometimes called depraved heart murder)
◾Causing a child under 18 to die from drug use after illegally selling or dispensing a controlled substance to him or her on school grounds (see special offender statute)
◾Killing a child under 12 years old when the person was in a position of trust with the victim (abusing a child to death)

Law: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-first-degree-murder.html
Indictment: http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/810033/johnramsey.pdf

Well, see, that the bolded part is not totally correct either because it doesn't say "deliberate, intentional" in the GJ's charge, it just says "crime of Murder in the First Degree" with no specifics.

I'll copy and paste the Colorado law here:
Colorado prohibits murder in the first degree, which is any of the following types of killings (emphasis added by FinallyRegistered):
◾A deliberate, intentional killing of another
◾Causing a death of anyone (besides a criminal participant) while committing, attempting, or fleeing the scene of arson, robbery, burglary, kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual assault of a child, or escape from lawful custody (sometimes called felony murder)
◾By causing an innocent person to be convicted and executed due to perjury or persuading another to perjure
◾Causing someone’s death by knowingly engaging in conduct that creates a serious risk of death, because of an attitude of malice and extreme indifference to the value of human life (sometimes called depraved heart murder)
◾Causing a child under 18 to die from drug use after illegally selling or dispensing a controlled substance to him or her on school grounds (see special offender statute)
◾Killing a child under 12 years old when the person was in a position of trust with the victim (abusing a child to death)

Law: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-first-degree-murder.html
Indictment: http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/810033/johnramsey.pdf

FinallyRegistered,
Well I wonder which one would apply to the assisted person? Also re-reading that pdf I note the assisted person is not only accused of first degree murder but also child abuse.

And, also "attache' ", pineapples&milk (and tea), spelling of the word "possession", and even an open window are ALL concepts from PR's favorite novel. The novel from which she performed a dramatic monologue that won her the title of Miss WV and a talent scholarship in the Miss America pageant.

I'm new here and don't know if I can start a new discussion, but this was posted on a JBR Facebook page I follow. Click on link to see photo of headstone. Creepy!! I'm sure some of you awesome sleuthers have already discovered this, but WOW!!
"Does anyone know if the person on this head stone had any connection to the Ramseys at all? It seems a bit odd for their loved one to have paid to have that put on the head stone if it were not true.Birth: Jun. 19, 1943
Medicine Lodge
Barber County
Kansas, USA
Death: Nov. 11, 2007
Wichita
Sedgwick County
Kansas, USA
Son of Clair Chester and Helen Lcille (Covey) Arnold.

Burial:
Highland Cemetery
Medicine Lodge
Barber County
Kansas, USA
Created by: The Old Genealogist
Record added: Nov 01, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 43791251
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1414150185266997?view=permalink&id=1428113277204021

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Here's the photo. I was just made aware that the link doesn't work.
16dbfb86443a1fbc03116744090420a5.jpg

How do you feel I am cutting him slack? I'm simply looking at him as objectively as possible. I don't mean that to be argumentative, I'm just curious for conversation.

Sexual actions from a 9 year old, is because they have been victimized by someone who has been grooming him and showing innapropriate media.

But any 9 year old boy with a younger sister (and every boy they talk about this on the playground with) KNOWS what a vagina is! ...... He took baths with her, watched her get her diaper changed....he asks like a normal kid, why doesn't she have what I have. Knowing what it is, common. Wanting to touch your sisters, not common....that's from abuse.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but while most children know what a vulva is and refer to it as a vagina, most children don't know about the actual vaginal opening. In my experience. Many children think the little folds of skin they see is all there is to it. That's why penetration of oneself or others is a huge red flag when it comes to young children. Burke wasn't a young child per se, but yeah unless they've seen adult material or been sexually abused it's not very normal to actually go so far as insertion.

Knowing what a vulva (external part of a female genital area) is, would not be uncommon for a male sibling. Knowing that women have vaginas and where the opening would be in a 6-year-old little girl, THAT would not be normal.
And you beat me to it. Every time I think I have an original thought...

:)

Is it possible that photograph is Photoshopped? Seems like something we would have heard about before now, even if it was fake.

FinallyRegistered,
Well I wonder which one would apply to the assisted person? Also re-reading that pdf I note the assisted person is not only accused of first degree murder but also child abuse.

I wish we knew, UKGuy. Too many secrets and too many people with too much to lose for us commoners to ever know.

I was just curious if Tricia or the other veteran sleuthers had ever seen it or researched it.

Doesn't hurt to ask- but have never seen it before myself and I've certainly been looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, whatever, maybe my sons were socially retarded. But we are arguing about something that is quite indicative of Burke's attitude toward Patsy and toward what happened that morning. Stating that his mom was "going psycho" is denigrating her for freaking out about JonBenet's absence and/or death. HIGHLY inappropriate then and now.

Speaking of inappropriate terms:

Spread the Word to End the Word is a United States national campaign to encourage people to pledge to stop using the word *advertiser censored*. End the "R" word advocates believe the use of the word “*advertiser censored*(ed)” in colloquial and everyday speech is hurtful and dehumanizing to individuals with intellectual disabilities.

http://www.r-word.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member