Was Burke Involved? # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

Be nice. I am grumpy today so now is not the time for any snarkiness OK?

Thank you,
Tricia

The 45 to 120 minute interval was one person's opinion who was consulted after the brain had been sliced up and fixed in formalin (preserved). Her (Dr, Lucy Rorke-Adams) report has never been made public and was only reported by Kolar. When asked about her estimate, Kolar hedged saying that the interval was based on her opinion of the brain injuries as well as the digestion time of the pineapple. Other "experts" have suggested lesser intervals and even that the order of injuries was switched. The Medical Examiner (Dr. Meyer) made no estimate of the interval between the two insults.

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it now... I don't think anyone should get too fixed on this time interval. It's not definite and there are reasons it could be wrong.
Thank you, otg. I stand corrected in my erroneous statement about the ME saying it was 45- 90 minutes between head injury and strangulation. I do think the head injury came first, though. If not, I don't know how we could account for the brain bleed.

We have better information now, than what Steven Thomas working with. The GJ indictments make it as clear as crystal who was responsible for what actions that night. Even Thomas was featured on the CBS special, no longer saying that Patsy did this. I never believed that scenario, for 2 reasons: I don't see Patsy as that angry a person, and also because the physics of such a thing never worked for me. Throwing a child into a faucet or whatever might cause a concussion, lacerate the face or scalp, etc. but it would not and could not cause a hole and crack in her skull like she had. If you study the location of the depression, the person who hit her had to be standing above and slightly behind her. Thomas' theory was wrong.

He didn't say one way or the other did he? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Part of the settlement agreement between the publisher of Thomas's book and the Ramseys was that he could not say anything else in public other than what had already been published.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong????

"As a result of the case, the word burke became a byword first for death by suffocation or strangulation and eventually for any cover-up." Merriam-Webster definition of "burke"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burke

Ironic?

"As a result of the case, the word burke became a byword first for death by suffocation or strangulation and eventually for any cover-up." Merriam-Webster definition of "burke"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/burke

Ironic?

It doesn't seem to be because of this case though. From your link

When an elderly pensioner died at the Edinburgh boarding house of William Hare in 1827, the proprietor and his friend William Burke decided to sell the body to a local anatomy school. The sale was so lucrative that they decided to make sure they could repeat it. They began luring nameless wanderers (who were not likely to be missed) into the house, getting them drunk, then smothering or strangling them and selling the bodies. The two disposed of at least 15 victims before murdering a local woman whose disappearance led to their arrest. At Burke's execution (by hanging), irate crowds shouted "Burke him!" As a result of the case, the word burke became a byword first for death by suffocation or strangulation and eventually for any cover-up.

It doesn't seem to be because of this case though. From your link

Yes, I know it isn't referring to this case.
If PR wrote that she wove death into their Christmas that year by using purple, she may have eventually regretted naming her son Burke.
The Ramseys certainly burked this crime from the get-go.

What he said wasn't bad enough. It's fact he said it with beaming smiles and giddiness.

"Burke, did you harm your sister?" (Huge grin) "Absolutely not."

Yes he is despicable.
Was he asked if he KILLED his sister?
Not that I think "absolutely not" is anywhere close to a reliable denial, mostly just curious :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Merriam-Webster definition refers to the verb "burke"... Nameberry.com would only reference Burke as a name.

Burke is already a buzzword where I work. As in, "Better finish by 3 or the boss is gonna Burke ya."

Maybe someone can help.... been thinking about this statement for a week now, it really bugs me but I can not find any logical explanations for it.
What parent would think like this and WHY? The only explanation I got for it is he thinks of his wife when saying this, she did it to punish him scenario. She knew he loves his son more or something .

Any other ideas?

So I wonder if those, either of those two events

3 might have elevated us into the cross hairs of

4 this maniac. And if they were angry at me, why

5 didn't they take it out on me? If they were angry
6 at me, why didn't they take it out on my son? Why

7 JonBenet?
wow... John didn't mind Burke dying I guess? That's a scary quote...:eek:

Those indictments against JR & PR could also be indicative of JR & PR covering for each other couldn't they? Not knowing who exactly did what in the crime i think that could be a fair assumption as well. Guess it depends on what people want to believe.

No. If John or Patsy were the perpetrator, he or she (or both) would be the one charged with first degree murder.

If I wasn't so invested in This case and just read this quote I would assume he is just asking why. Why specifically JB? Why NOT him? Why NOT Burke? Why NOT Patsy? Why kill just his daughter. What's the reason for just hurting his daughter?

Though since we all seem to be partial to the BDI theory maybe there is something else to it?

JR had another son, an adult. Maybe he was talking about taking out the anger on an adult male, not a baby girl. Whatever he was talking about is just BS. He knows who killed his little girl.

The 45 to 120 minute interval was one person's opinion who was consulted after the brain had been sliced up and fixed in formalin (preserved). Her (Dr, Lucy Rorke-Adams) report has never been made public and was only reported by Kolar. When asked about her estimate, Kolar hedged saying that the interval was based on her opinion of the brain injuries as well as the digestion time of the pineapple. Other "experts" have suggested lesser intervals and even that the order of injuries was switched. The Medical Examiner (Dr. Meyer) made no estimate of the interval between the two insults.

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it now... I don't think anyone should get too fixed on this time interval. It's not definite and there are reasons it could be wrong.

If I remember it right, otg, Mark Beckner said that the 45-90 minute timeframe was agreed on by just about all the pathologists and neuro-pathologists: Spitz was one, but Henry Lee, Ronald Wright and Tom Henry were some others.

Because the perpetrator could not be charged, and the DA had committed to not prosecute them. Alex Hunter is a coward. I hope he burns in hell for selling JonBenet out so many times.

He WILL. She's not the only victim he sold out.

We have better information now, than what Steven Thomas working with. The GJ indictments make it as clear as crystal who was responsible for what actions that night. Even Thomas was featured on the CBS special, no longer saying that Patsy did this. I never believed that scenario, for 2 reasons: I don't see Patsy as that angry a person, and also because the physics of such a thing never worked for me. Throwing a child into a faucet or whatever might cause a concussion, lacerate the face or scalp, etc. but it would not and could not cause a hole and crack in her skull like she had. If you study the location of the depression, the person who hit her had to be standing above and slightly behind her. Thomas' theory was wrong.

BBM. Maybe I'm just weird that way, but I've tended to see Patsy as the kind of person who's sweetness and light above but a simmering cauldron underneath. When you live with people like are in my family, you get pretty good at recognizing the signs. But then, maybe I'm thinking of Joan Crawford too much. (Boy, what a memoir JB would have written if she'd lived!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper