Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
cami said:
I couldn't believe he was being released. I can't fathom why someone would do that to a child and their own child. That's what blows me away. How could any mother stand by and watch and not do something. Some kids just get the short end of the stick in life don't they. It just breaks my heart.

The whole thing makes me sick. I often wonder how Hedda is doing - she had her head smashed in so many times. I remember seeing her in an interview shortly after the arrest and she was a mess. How does one live with themselves after all that? I remember her making the comment that she knew the drugs were wrong but was afraid of Joel. I think he kept her so messed up that she basically couldn't function. And the poor little boy (Mitchell I think) confined to his crib. Wonder what ever happened to him... so many questions.

mollymalone said:
If you noticed, Darlie didn't have any injuries on her face, or her new boob job. The two things she was the proudest of.
Yes, and that wreaks of cover up, doesn't it?

cami said:
Precious Doe. What a sad sad story. Her death is similar to Lisa Steinbergs. The step father inflicted the head injury, then they both left her there where she lay to die two days later. Sickening.
Yes, I remember that one. Horrible case. I read a book years ago about a little boy that was adopted out while his teenaged mother was doing time in juvvy, She had three more kids that she raised herself. When he was 18, she started looking for him only to discover that he had died at a very early age. When she looked into it, she discovered that he had been severely abused by his adoptive mother and the case had been covered up because back then child abuse was not pursued much by authorities. It was a very sad story.

Darin knows she did it, how could he not? If he didn't find out that night, he found out soon after she came home from the hospital. He may have given her, with her permission, the additional cuts and bruises which did not appear in the hospital. In the video, he appeared a little dumbfounded by Darlie's behavoir at the birthday party. Maybe he quizzed her after that? There has to be some reason why that fool is so dedicated to her, besides her big *advertiser censored*:loser:

beesy said:
Darin knows she did it, how could he not? If he didn't find out that night, he found out soon after she came home from the hospital. He may have given her, with her permission, the additional cuts and bruises which did not appear in the hospital. In the video, he appeared a little dumbfounded by Darlie's behavoir at the birthday party. Maybe he quizzed her after that? There has to be some reason why that fool is so dedicated to her, besides her big *advertiser censored*:loser:
It is hard to tell what Darin knew or when. Some things indicate he could have been in on it from the beginning, and other things make him look like an after the fact fellow. Whatever he was, he was either ten times the actor that Darlie was or he just plain didn't give a crap about those boys much one way or the other. The little bit of emotion he demonstrates from time to time doesn't mean he is innocent of all wrong. It might mean he has more of a conscience or it might mean that he is just putting on an act to cover his participation. We all know that he knows more than he is saying. The only way he can exonerate himself in my eyes is if fesses up and tells us before Darlie is executed. Afterwards, she can't retaliate. If he is ever going to talk, now is the time.

Goody said:
Yes, I remember that one. Horrible case. I read a book years ago about a little boy that was adopted out while his teenaged mother was doing time in juvvy, She had three more kids that she raised herself. When he was 18, she started looking for him only to discover that he had died at a very early age. When she looked into it, she discovered that he had been severely abused by his adoptive mother and the case had been covered up because back then child abuse was not pursued much by authorities. It was a very sad story.

omg, I wonder if they did this on cold cases or one of those programs Goody as I do recall seeing a program with a case very similar to this. It was very sad. Didn't she get the coroner to help her reopen the case?

cami said:
omg, I wonder if they did this on cold cases or one of those programs Goody as I do recall seeing a program with a case very similar to this. It was very sad. Didn't she get the coroner to help her reopen the case?
I don't remember, but in the movie the boy's adopted brother grew up to become a cop and eventually stepped forward to testify against the adoptive mother. She was terribly abusive, esp to the boy she killed because he rebelled so much. He was much more active than the other child.

Gosh u know i am a champion for justice, however the trial transcript from Darlie's trial is the ONLY transcript deemed unusable in an appeal in TX history??? That is pretty telling, and if anything for that fact alone she deserves a new trial.....the errors weren't just typos for goodness sake they were GLARING inaccuracies....like was the door locked? "no" was the answer but "yes" was the actual answer.....there are a lot of mistakes like that in the transcript.....

Having had murders take place in my family there is still that part of a prosecutor in me that says "yes, she is guilty" but it is not common knowledge that just months before the murders Darin Darlie's husband admitted he was trying to get someone to burglarize their home for insurance money, also when the police started to question him while Darlie was in surgery he first comments were about Darlie's looks and her "great big breasts" 36 DD to be exact....That sure doesn't sound like a grieving hubby to me!!!!!

Gosh u know i am a champion for justice, however the trial transcript from Darlie's trial is the ONLY transcript deemed unusable in an appeal in TX history??? That is pretty telling, and if anything for that fact alone she deserves a new trial.....the errors weren't just typos for goodness sake they were GLARING inaccuracies....like was the door locked? "no" was the answer but "yes" was the actual answer.....there are a lot of mistakes like that in the transcript.....

Having had murders take place in my family there is still that part of a prosecutor in me that says "yes, she is guilty" but it is not common knowledge that just months before the murders Darin Darlie's husband admitted he was trying to get someone to burglarize their home for insurance money, also when the police started to question him while Darlie was in surgery he first comments were about Darlie's looks and her "great big breasts" 36 DD to be exact....That sure doesn't sound like a grieving hubby to me!!!!!

with all due respect, they have never ever proved that Darin was shopping the house for an insurance claim...that's just a red herring designed to get Darlie a new trial..and it failed.

Both Darin and Darlie testified that they had no money problems and no marital problems. Of course we know both of these are lies..that they were broke and on the verge of a separation.

we all know Darin's really stupid comments after the murders about his wife...doesn't prove a thing, except he's a goof. Darin was the first suspect in this case but no evidence exists to prove he did anything but perform cpr.

as far as the transcript is concerned, it was fixed by another clerk, who testified that to the spelling mistakes and typos.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts.php#halsey

16 Q. All right. You get there, you find the
17 tapes. Subsequently Ms. Simmons is appointed by the
18 Court to, in effect, create a record or determine
19 whether or not a record that can be created that's
20 certifiable for appellate purposes?
21 A. That's correct.
22 Q. And would you tell the Board what
23 Ms. Simmons has concluded, based on her study?
24 A. It's in the process. And she has finished
25 the trial on the merits. She was given the

CHAPMAN COURT REPORTING SERVICE
(512) 452-4072

1 audiotapes, the stenographic notes, computer disks,
2 everything that was normally used to create an
3 appellate record. And she has created a record on
4 the trial on the merits. And now, she is in the
5 process of reviewing the same materials, but all for
6 jury selection. That way we'll have a complete set,
7 so to speak.
8 Q. But concerning the guilt-innocence phase,
9 which is the subject matter here, Ms. Simmons has
10 already testified in Dallas that the record is
11 certifiable, in her professional opinion, has she
12 not?

with all due respect YES he did here is his affidavit http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/WritAffidavits/darin.html and his exact quote "In March or April, 1996, I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam. I said that I would arrange for my family to be absent from my house at 5801 Eagle Drive, that someone who I would hire would come to the house and take away the furniture and other items from my house in a U-Haul truck, and that I would then pay that person from the proceeds of the resulting insurance payments."Between March 1996 and May 1996, I told multiple people of my planned insurance scam.

Darin cannot name one specific individual that he asked about burglarizing his house, other than his father-in-law, who is Darlie's stepfather. If Darin had actually asked people, he should be able to get an affidavit from these people stating this. Notice that Darin mentions a U-haul and his family being away at the time of the burglary. Neither of which took place that night. Darlie's lawyers are trying to set up the scenerio that Darin talked too much and was overheard by someone who decided to do him a favor and accidently wound up killing his boys and injuring his wife.

Look all i said was that I found his behavior strange, and so much is made of Darlies behavior but he acted just like she did rather coldly....I would have never had a silly string party at my child's grave I found it disrespectful.....He admitted that he was looking for someone to rob his home maybe his father in law told someone or someone over heard the conversation IDK and decided to rob the place w/ out Darin's knowledge who knows?????

I could set and debate this til I'm blue in the face but I won't bc IDK what happened that night.....I personally feel that she should get a new trial...and like I said there is a BIG part of me that believes she did commit this crime...Just as the WM3 case I'm not so sure they committed the crime but they should get a new trial.....I'm about 95% sure that Darlie is guilty and the same goes for the WM3...and i understand that jails are not overflowing w/ the innocent and i dont think it was a conspiracy by the police or anyone one else to "frame" her but w/ darin's own admission of an insurance scam makes me go humm?

with all due respect YES he did here is his affidavit http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/WritAffidavits/darin.html and his exact quote "In March or April, 1996, I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam. I said that I would arrange for my family to be absent from my house at 5801 Eagle Drive, that someone who I would hire would come to the house and take away the furniture and other items from my house in a U-Haul truck, and that I would then pay that person from the proceeds of the resulting insurance payments."Between March 1996 and May 1996, I told multiple people of my planned insurance scam.

LIke I said, just a red herring designed to win Darlie a new appeal. Her step-father suddenly remembers two years after the crime that Darin mentioned something about an insurance scam! Who believes thatÉ No one especially not the Appellate court..who rejected this appeal.

Look all i said was that I found his behavior strange, and so much is made of Darlies behavior but he acted just like she did rather coldly....I would have never had a silly string party at my child's grave I found it disrespectful.....He admitted that he was looking for someone to rob his home maybe his father in law told someone or someone over heard the conversation IDK and decided to rob the place w/ out Darin's knowledge who knows?????

I could set and debate this til I'm blue in the face but I won't bc IDK what happened that night.....I personally feel that she should get a new trial...and like I said there is a BIG part of me that believes she did commit this crime...Just as the WM3 case I'm not so sure they committed the crime but they should get a new trial.....I'm about 95% sure that Darlie is guilty and the same goes for the WM3...and i understand that jails are not overflowing w/ the innocent and i dont think it was a conspiracy by the police or anyone one else to "frame" her but w/ darin's own admission of an insurance scam makes me go humm?

Thereès no physical evidence anyone but the Routiers were in the home that night. Gold jewellry, a wallet with case and cheques left right out in sight for the burglar, cough, cough to take but no he immediately stabs two sleeping boysÉ

Donèt you see Darin was at that time trying to get Darlie out of jail. No one believes his so-called burglary, insurance, etc. scam

Thatès because you believe him and thatès your right and your opinion. Unfortunately for Darlie, the Appellate courts did not believe Darin. Darin is not above committing perjury for Darlie, he did a lot of that in the bond hearing and at the trial.

take care

Thatès because you believe him and thatès your right and your opinion. Unfortunately for Darlie, the Appellate courts did not believe Darin. Darin is not above committing perjury for Darlie, he did a lot of that in the bond hearing and at the trial.

take care

Hey Cami, long time no hear. I have been gone for awhile, however, I like the resurgence in this case especially since I saw a new episode on COLD BLOOD on ID which featured Darlie after all these years. I AM SOOO Sorry I never got to watch the tape you sent me since my VCR puked out, however, I am still here watching. I still 100% believe with my heart that Darin has never told the complete truth with respect to this case, he definitely had a major part in the murder or cover-up. JMHO of course. Good to hear you are still on the case. Also, I do 100% believe that the WM3 are INNOCENT!! Take Care, Ann :twocents: :waitasec: :crazy:

Originally Posted by Goody
"Yes, I remember that one. Horrible case. I read a book years ago about a little boy that was adopted out while his teenaged mother was doing time in juvvy, She had three more kids that she raised herself. When he was 18, she started looking for him only to discover that he had died at a very early age. When she looked into it, she discovered that he had been severely abused by his adoptive mother and the case had been covered up because back then child abuse was not pursued much by authorities. It was a very sad story."

A Child Lost Forever: The Jerry Sherwood Story
Might be the movie. Very disturbing story, to say the least.

I have always thought the husband was involved or knew more than he has ever told about that night. I wonder if the injuries Darlie had were inflicted by Darin (or Darlie, as a cover-up) if he caught her in the act and flew into a rage. I really cannot believe she would cut her own throat as that would leave such a horrible scar. She seems too vain to do that to herself.

Kelly

"I have always thought the husband was involved or knew more than he has ever told about that night. I wonder if the injuries Darlie had were inflicted by Darin (or Darlie, as a cover-up) if he caught her in the act and flew into a rage. I really cannot believe she would cut her own throat as that would leave such a horrible scar. She seems too vain to do that to herself."

My exact thoughts always, TOOO VAIN to actually slit her own pretty little throat!! She most definitely had some help from her sleazy husband in my own humble opinion, his hands are not clean whatsoever... Thanks for letting me vent, Take Care, Ann :croc::waitasec:

Hey annkitty. How ya doing? Good to see you. I always come and check things out here when I see someone has posted. Cami always has what anyone is looking for, she's a great help to all. Wish you'd pop in more often just to say hi if nothing else. Take care.

Hey Wonders, how are you doing? I haven't been on in sooo long, bought a new house and then just lost my job last month, so now I guess I have some time on my hands. I will definitely be on more often. Anything new going on ? Talk to you soon, Take Care. Ann :dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back