Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
Hey Cami, long time no hear. I have been gone for awhile, however, I like the resurgence in this case especially since I saw a new episode on COLD BLOOD on ID which featured Darlie after all these years. I AM SOOO Sorry I never got to watch the tape you sent me since my VCR puked out, however, I am still here watching. I still 100% believe with my heart that Darin has never told the complete truth with respect to this case, he definitely had a major part in the murder or cover-up. JMHO of course. Good to hear you are still on the case. Also, I do 100% believe that the WM3 are INNOCENT!! Take Care, Ann :twocents: :waitasec: :crazy:

Darin knows Darlie committed this crime and he helped her to try and hide it. Don't think they didn't want to get something on Darin, they did, but with no physical evidence against him what can they do? Darlie can't talk about anything Darin did because she has claimed innocence.

Darin is a creep but I don't think he had a hand in murdering his boys. I think he caught her at though.

with all due respect YES he did here is his affidavit http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/WritAffidavits/darin.html and his exact quote "In March or April, 1996, I asked my father-in-law Robbie Gene Kee, if he knew anyone who would agree to burglarize my home as part of an insurance scam. I said that I would arrange for my family to be absent from my house at 5801 Eagle Drive, that someone who I would hire would come to the house and take away the furniture and other items from my house in a U-Haul truck, and that I would then pay that person from the proceeds of the resulting insurance payments."Between March 1996 and May 1996, I told multiple people of my planned insurance scam.

No one believes him, that's the problem. Least of all the appellate courts.

Both Darin and Darlie testified at her trial that they had no money problems, so why was he trying to get his place robbed for insurance?

"I have always thought the husband was involved or knew more than he has ever told about that night. I wonder if the injuries Darlie had were inflicted by Darin (or Darlie, as a cover-up) if he caught her in the act and flew into a rage. I really cannot believe she would cut her own throat as that would leave such a horrible scar. She seems too vain to do that to herself."

My exact thoughts always, TOOO VAIN to actually slit her own pretty little throat!! She most definitely had some help from her sleazy husband in my own humble opinion, his hands are not clean whatsoever... Thanks for letting me vent, Take Care, Ann :croc::waitasec:

Funny, because testimony shows that Darin was talking about Darlie's breasts at the hospital. Not the kind of thing you say if you caught her in the act. My hubby wouldn't have covered for me.

Do I think he could have placed the sock? Darlie had a lot of blood on her, there would have been trace evidence that Darlie herself planted it.

Funny, because testimony shows that Darin was talking about Darlie's breasts at the hospital. Not the kind of thing you say if you caught her in the act. My hubby wouldn't have covered for me.

Do I think he could have placed the sock? Darlie had a lot of blood on her, there would have been trace evidence that Darlie herself planted it.

Yeah well my opinion is you'd do anything, vain or not, to try and look as if you're a victim, i.e. cut your own throat. Darin would do anything Darlie told him to do. Diane Downs did it, Jeff MacDonald and Charles Stewart did it. Stewart even shot himself in the stomach.

Anyway the testimony proves that Darlie was depressed for months and not taking care of herself so that doesn't speak of vanity to me.

Darlie had lots of time to plant the sock prior to inflicting wounds on herself. I believe she did put it in the alley.

Just my opinion..feel free to rip it apart.

In my heart I feel Darin helped Darlie with the cover up but there is no physical evidence to suggest he did anything but what he said he did, which is helping Devon. At the very least Darin and Darlie expanded on their stories and some of it changed. I would like a more thorough blood analysis on Darin's jeans but I'm not sure it would help to clarify the situation. Darin was probably in some contact with each bleeding (literally, not the cuss word) person in that house. Their blood on his jeans means most likely means nothing.

I would like to hear from the detectives one of these days to find out exactly what Darin told them that night at the hospital and if it matches with his later statement at all, including details.

In my heart I feel Darin helped Darlie with the cover up but there is no physical evidence to suggest he did anything but what he said he did, which is helping Devon. At the very least Darin and Darlie expanded on their stories and some of it changed. I would like a more thorough blood analysis on Darin's jeans but I'm not sure it would help to clarify the situation. Darin was probably in some contact with each bleeding (literally, not the cuss word) person in that house. Their blood on his jeans means most likely means nothing.

I would like to hear from the detectives one of these days to find out exactly what Darin told them that night at the hospital and if it matches with his later statement at all, including details.

Not trying to bust your chops but I don't think the detectives would know exactly what Darin said at this late stage..unless their notes are in the evidence bunker.

WE have to remember too, if by some chance Darlie should be given a new trial and wins, there is still Devon's murder to be tried. They have to hold back evidence concerning his trial.

You may find something in the bond hearing. You have to read Patterson, Walling, Waddell and Frosh. They had the most contact with Darin.

www.justicefordarlie.net/evidence

Not trying to bust your chops but I don't think the detectives would know exactly what Darin said at this late stage..unless their notes are in the evidence bunker.

WE have to remember too, if by some chance Darlie should be given a new trial and wins, there is still Devon's murder to be tried. They have to hold back evidence concerning his trial.

You may find something in the bond hearing. You have to read Patterson, Walling, Waddell and Frosh. They had the most contact with Darin.

www.justicefordarlie.net/evidence

They have to file and seal their case notes, reports and summaries until the appeals have been exhausted. I've known cops, detectives, and know that they don't forget some of their cases. Even the details. That may be the case here.

What I noticed was Frosch has not spoken in court, always Patterson. I know that Frosch was with Darin at the hospital before Patterson got there and he was the one with Darin when he wrote out his statement. Patterson was always interviewing Darlie and we have limited testimony from him and Frosch always stayed with Darin and we have no testimony from him. I'd like to hear more from him. I also would like to know more from Patterson since Mulder tended to harp on lack of dates on the notes and every move the cops did and didn't take instead of actually asking about Darin's statements.

They have to file and seal their case notes, reports and summaries until the appeals have been exhausted. I've known cops, detectives, and know that they don't forget some of their cases. Even the details. That may be the case here.

What I noticed was Frosch has not spoken in court, always Patterson. I know that Frosch was with Darin at the hospital before Patterson got there and he was the one with Darin when he wrote out his statement. Patterson was always interviewing Darlie and we have limited testimony from him and Frosch always stayed with Darin and we have no testimony from him. I'd like to hear more from him. I also would like to know more from Patterson since Mulder tended to harp on lack of dates on the notes and every move the cops did and didn't take instead of actually asking about Darin's statements.

Yes I understand what you're saying but at this late stage you won't hear anything from Darin or any of the cops. Darlie's appellate attorneys would never allow it. They've got the rights to dna test now so they should get on with it. They are trying to raise money for a certain lab as I believe that's where they are stalled...choosing the lab.

Darlie has tried to throw Darin under the bus so I don't think he'll say anything now.

Even what he said to Frosh is too late now since it didn't come into testimony during the trial. Darin was no threat to speak, he had no warrants out on him, he wasn't under threat as a suspect. He talked openly to the cops and freely to the CPS worker, (which he denied under oath). Somehow I don't think he was going to admit even if he was aware and I think he was, that Darlie committed the crime. Even his jeans are irrelevant, both sides passed them so there was nothing in or exculpatory on the jeans.

Oh if only we could get him to talk. Only a murder charge I think would make him sing like a bird. I've always wondered why they didn't at least arrest him too that night, shake him up a bit and see what comes out.

:banghead:

Oh if only we could get him to talk. Only a murder charge I think would make him sing like a bird. I've always wondered why they didn't at least arrest him too that night, shake him up a bit and see what comes out./quote]

:thumb:

Ok, I re-watched the Leeza Show posted on http://www.justicefordarlie.net/media/leezashow.php

Dana knows more than she's admitting to. In Part II Dana is asked "what state of mind" Darlie was in that night - prior to that question Dana is talking about being at the Routier home the night of the murders and how she (Dana) was the able to say goodbye to the kids - anyway, Dana is unable to answer the question, she chokes up, recoils, becomes tearful, and she is not asked the question again. I get a weird vibe watching her and Darin, something stinks. Watching and listening to Darin reconfirms my first impression/thoughts on this case - Darin knows exactly what happened.

I've always wondered why the family's never spoken to this fact. Any one of us whose a mother can totally understand the concept of comforting your hurting child. To KNOW that your children are laying there bleeding to death and stand there NOT touching them is completely foreign to most of us. I would even expect Darlie Kee to do likewise. I've never seen them speak to this issue. They've got to know that its a sore spot.

I don't know if I could watch my son die. I can't even watch them get a needle. I think I'd be so freaked out I couldn't do it.

But also I've read that Darlie suffered the bruises on her arms because her son was kicking her while she stabbed him. So she may not have wanted to go near him and be identified if she thought they were still alive.

I believe she hit her arms on the table or something similar to get those black bruises. My father hit his arm pretty hard around the elbow and I was amazed to see how much bruising he sustained on his arm and it was black like her arms. IMO it was apart of her staging.

Ok, I re-watched the Leeza Show posted on http://www.justicefordarlie.net/media/leezashow.php

Dana knows more than she's admitting to. In Part II Dana is asked "what state of mind" Darlie was in that night - prior to that question Dana is talking about being at the Routier home the night of the murders and how she (Dana) was the able to say goodbye to the kids - anyway, Dana is unable to answer the question, she chokes up, recoils, becomes tearful, and she is not asked the question again. I get a weird vibe watching her and Darin, something stinks. Watching and listening to Darin reconfirms my first impression/thoughts on this case - Darin knows exactly what happened.

Which IMO opinion is why Dana NEVER testified during the trial. Her younger sister did but they never called the last person besides Darin and Darlie who saw those boys alive. She could of told of the atmosphere of the home that evening....wonder why neither side called her...hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder where she is today and what she would say.

Which IMO opinion is why Dana NEVER testified during the trial. Her younger sister did but they never called the last person besides Darin and Darlie who saw those boys alive. She could of told of the atmosphere of the home that evening....wonder why neither side called her...hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Wonder where she is today and what she would say.

I always did wonder about Dana and why they never did have her take the stand. Seems strange that she was just kinda under the radar. Also I always thought it was really strange that Dana was the one with the idea of buying the silly string which in reality is what put the final nail in Darlies coffin in the jurors minds.

But also I've read that Darlie suffered the bruises on her arms because her son was kicking her while she stabbed him. So she may not have wanted to go near him and be identified if she thought they were still alive.

I don't believe it for a minute. Remember, the elbow is a fairly fragile hinge. The amount or force of kicks required to cause that level of bruising would have resulted in, at the very least, a hyperextended elbow. My son kicked my legs a few times when he was a child and if he got me in the knee, it hinged backward and hyperextended.

Her bruises are apart of the staging. There are no other documented bruises on her and yet there are signs of "struggle" in the house. There should have been more bruises on her, but they are limited to her arms. Things that make you go hmm.

I always did wonder about Dana and why they never did have her take the stand. Seems strange that she was just kinda under the radar. Also I always thought it was really strange that Dana was the one with the idea of buying the silly string which in reality is what put the final nail in Darlies coffin in the jurors minds.

Dana had nothing to offer the defence that's why she wasn't called. the state would have had to call her as a hostile witness and the defence opens her up to cross excamination and they didn't want that

You'd expect the defence would have called her in their case in chief but they didn't so that tells me they didn't want the jury to know what was going on in the house that night.

Her bruises are apart of the staging. There are no other documented bruises on her and yet there are signs of "struggle" in the house. There should have been more bruises on her, but they are limited to her arms. Things that make you go hmm.

I've had a bruise very similar to these. While donating blood, the tech. pushed the needle all the way through my vein. She pulled it back and left it. The donation took FOREVER!! Some was going in the donation bag but a great deal of blood was leaking into my arm. A very ugly bruise that stayed awhile. I've always wondered if Darlie jacked with her IV to cause this.
RIP Damon and Devon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:deadhorse:

The one thing that I keep coming back to on the bruises is that there was not any sign of blunt trauma on Darlie. She had the stab wound in the arm and the wound to her neck. She herself said she woke up and didn't even know she was hurt. Doesn't make sense. I think she hurt herself but I dont think she put the bruises on herself. I think it possible they were a by product of her hospital stay or a struggle with Darin. In the end they turned out to be a bonanza for her and she couldn't wait to get pictures of them. The "look at me - see I was really hurt" factor. They just dont match any of the stories that Darlie has told...Sooo....

As far as Dana....Sounds like another Red Herring to take focus away from Darlie....Darin did it....Dana did it....the neighbor did it....the postman.....

And I will say again, Darlie was not convicted because of the "Silly String Tape". It was in poor taste to invite the press to a party at the grave sight and I am not sure that she even realized how it would be viewed. I think she saw it as an opportunity to show the world how strong she was after what she had been through. She never believed it would come back to haunt her. She doesn't think to far ahead.....

Anyway all my rant for today....

Just a thought.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98