Was Darin Routier involved in away with the murder or cover up of their boys?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darin Routier help in anyway with the murder of his son's?

• Darin helped Darlie murder the boys

Votes: 35 11.4%
  • Darin helped Darlie cover up the murder of their boys

Votes: 142 46.3%
  • Darin took the sock and placed it in the Alley

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • Darin was innocent and had nothing to do with his son's deaths

Votes: 108 35.2%

• Total voters
Yes, it is noteworthy and might explain the second attack on Damon. I actually think she stabbed Damon first and then Devon and she stabbed them twice each...then when she discovered Damon had moved she attacked him again, more forcefully.

Darin sets everyone's hinky off I think, he's just a creep.

I will always agree that Darin "THE WEIRD DECEIVING GUY" has always set off my signals (heebeejeebee's) the wrong way!! Hey Cam, how are you doing? I haven't been on here forever!! So what do you think about the WM3 my dear?

Miss debating with you!! Ann :sick::banghead

I will always agree that Darin "THE WEIRD DECEIVING GUY" has always set off my signals (heebeejeebee's) the wrong way!! Hey Cam, how are you doing? I haven't been on here forever!! So what do you think about the WM3 my dear?

Miss debating with you!! Ann :sick::banghead

Good Annie how are you?????

I think the WM3 and the state did what was best for both sides, in their minds. Had they received a new trial and acquited, they would have sued the state for millions of dollars. This way, they get out and the state doesn't have to pay them anything and they got them to agree there was enough evidence for the state to try them. Interesting they took that old alfred plea, I thought that was only for gangsters, LOL. But I'm sure they would have done anything to get out.

Anyway, I'm not convinced of their innocence. What a dangerous precident it sets too, all the killers on DR will be clamouring for one. Sorry but that's how I feel. I think they should abolish the DP anyway.

Good Annie how are you?????

I think the WM3 and the state did what was best for both sides, in their minds. Had they received a new trial and acquited, they would have sued the state for millions of dollars. This way, they get out and the state doesn't have to pay them anything and they got them to agree there was enough evidence for the state to try them. Interesting they took that old alfred plea, I thought that was only for gangsters, LOL. But I'm sure they would have done anything to get out.

Anyway, I'm not convinced of their innocence. What a dangerous precident it sets too, all the killers on DR will be clamouring for one. Sorry but that's how I feel. I think they should abolish the DP anyway.

Thank You my dear Cami!!! Beyond any doubt whatsoever THE WM3 are completely INNOCENT and I will debate any soul in my life over this case... The State of Arkansas took the EASY way out to avoid a MILLION, MILLION dollar law suit to cover the Asses!! However, we still sit with the doubt that some people have over the participation in the AWFUL DISGUSTING CRIME against little young boys!! Take Care Cam, and talk to you soon!! Sweet Drams To All the BABIES!! :rocker::loser:

Thank You my dear Cami!!! Beyond any doubt whatsoever THE WM3 are completely INNOCENT and I will debate any soul in my life over this case... The State of Arkansas took the EASY way out to avoid a MILLION, MILLION dollar law suit to cover the Asses!! However, we still sit with the doubt that some people have over the participation in the AWFUL DISGUSTING CRIME against little young boys!! Take Care Cam, and talk to you soon!! Sweet Drams To All the BABIES!! :rocker::loser:

Well I wish I could be as confident as you are that they are innocent!
Sweet dreams to you to Annie dear.

Why did they take a plea if they are 100% innocent? Why not wait for the new trial and exoneration by a jury? They could have told the state to take a hike with their plea.

anyone have the scoop on what was behind the divorce? saw in news today.

IMO Darin has gotten tired of being linked to Darlie. There's his statement 'who else do you know who would have waited,,,' Darin is trying to live a life separate and apart. He has not been to see Darlie in a decade and has had several girlfriends according to Lubbock natives. His latest is a woman with a little blonde-haired girl. I don't know if the child is Darin's or not. Not my business, either. I do think this divorce at this time is further proof that Darin had nothing to do with the killing of Damon and Devon. He would not dare divorce Darlie if she had anything on him as far as the killings. Her appeals are not even finished yet. I think he feels safe now from prosecution as far as helping in the coverup and there is no way Darlie's family can pin anything else on him without admitting Darlie's guilt.

IMO Darin has gotten tired of being linked to Darlie. There's his statement 'who else do you know who would have waited,,,' Darin is trying to live a life separate and apart. He has not been to see Darlie in a decade and has had several girlfriends according to Lubbock natives. His latest is a woman with a little blonde-haired girl. I don't know if the child is Darin's or not. Not my business, either. I do think this divorce at this time is further proof that Darin had nothing to do with the killing of Damon and Devon. He would not dare divorce Darlie if she had anything on him as far as the killings. Her appeals are not even finished yet. I think he feels safe now from prosecution as far as helping in the coverup and there is no way Darlie's family can pin anything else on him without admitting Darlie's guilt.

Wow. I didn't know that Darin hasn't been to see Darlie in a decade. I wonder what took him so long to file for divorce. I do find Darin creepy but sure would like to read about his take on Darlie now.

Wow. I didn't know that Darin hasn't been to see Darlie in a decade. I wonder what took him so long to file for divorce. I do find Darin creepy but sure would like to read about his take on Darlie now.

Oh yea, Darin moved on a long time ago. I'm sure when all is said and done , a new book will be released.

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.935540,-104.814236"]Google Maps[/ame]

Probably after. Who knows.....Darin doesn't have very good filters.

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.799258,-104.700672"]Google Maps[/ame]

I'm not sure what interview I was watching with Darin and he was protecting Darlie so much by saying that during the entire time that the police and EMS workers were at their house that not once did Darlie complain about her own injuries. I was all about the boys. Darin was completley taken by Darlie and would do anything to protect her....even having two of his boys murdered he still defended Darlie. Also the pictures I've seen of Darin holding the picture of Drake outside the prison for Darlie to see is just weird if you ask me.

So, is it possible that Darin held up pics of Drake for Darlie to see from inside the prison because Drake was his leverage to buy Darlie's silence about any role he had in the tragic mess? Was he just reminding Darlie of this? How likely is it that this is also the reason why he defended her early on after the murders?

So, is it possible that Darin held up pics of Drake for Darlie to see from inside the prison because Drake was his leverage to buy Darlie's silence about any role he had in the tragic mess? Was he just reminding Darlie of this? How likely is it that this is also the reason why he defended her early on after the murders?

If Darin is involved and Darlie know its and tells, she's admitting she lied at the most and admitting her culpability at the least.

Why did they take a plea if they are 100% innocent? Why not wait for the new trial and exoneration by a jury? They could have told the state to take a hike with their plea.

Obviously not the right forum but the quick answer for this question? They've been in prison for 18 years for crimes they didn't commit. There is no guarantee another jury would find them innocent. The prosecutor was being a dick by saying he would retry them. This case was bungled from the start.

I think Darin was just head over heels in love with Darlie. I do not believe that Darin had anything to do with the murders at all. I think Darin truely loved those boys and was not involved in their deaths. Darlie didn't realize how much Darin loved her because I think deep down inside Darin has to know that Darlie did it. He might still be in denial but he has to know.

I think Darin was just head over heels in love with Darlie. I do not believe that Darin had anything to do with the murders at all. I think Darin truely loved those boys and was not involved in their deaths. Darlie didn't realize how much Darin loved her because I think deep down inside Darin has to know that Darlie did it. He might still be in denial but he has to know.

I agree.

---
I am here: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.915241,-96.772710"]Google Maps[/ame]

Obviously not the right forum but the quick answer for this question? They've been in prison for 18 years for crimes they didn't commit. There is no guarantee another jury would find them innocent. The prosecutor was being a dick by saying he would retry them. This case was bungled from the start.

OH so all their supporters and their defense have been wrong all these years? All I've ever read is they will be exonerated in a new trial. Seems to me these three men weren't all that sure they would be.

Sorry I believe in law and order, not calling prosecutors "dicks" but that's your right.

Based on what I have read about this case, I believe Darin played a role in his boys murder and/or the cover up. Darin states in his police report that he goes to put pants on after the police had arrived at the home. Officer Waddell however testified that he was the first officer on the scene, and that when he arrived, he viewed Darin coming out of the home wearing blue jeans. In my opinion, the inconsistency between statements is not important, the clue to his involvement is the fact that Darin was wearing pants when Officer Waddell arrived on the scene (Office Waddell has no reason to lie, so I believe his statement over Darin's). If we are to believe both Darlie and Darin's version of events prior to Officer Waddell arriving at the scene, we would therefore have to believe that either Darin wore blue jeans to bed, that Darin, being so concerned for his boys well being, stopped providing assistance to Devon and Damon to put pants on, or that Darin put pants on before responding to his wife's screams. None of these scenarios are reasonable to me, therefore, the only reasonable conclusion as to why Darin was wearing pants is that he was involved.

Excerpts from the transcript for Officer David Waddell:

18 Q. Were you the first police officer on
19 the scene?
20 A. Yes, sir.
24 Q. Did you see any persons on foot in the
25 neighborhood as you approached the house?
1 A. Just Darin Routier.
12 Q. Can you please point where he was when
13 you first saw him?
14 A. He was coming out of the front door,
15 across the yard.
16 Q. All right. Do you recall how he was
17 dressed that morning?
18 A. He was wearing blue jeans, no shirt,
19 no shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online