Was Defendant Deprived of Her Right to Counsel?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Defendant Denied Her Right to Counsel?

• Yes, placing defendant before the television delayed personal notification by her attorney.

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • No, as soon as her attorney arrived he was admitted to the common room.

Votes: 114 41.3%
  • No, defendant went to the infirmary for medication. Surveillance is ever present in jail.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Yes, defendant should have remained in her cell until her attorney arrived.

Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I taped it and it really mde me sick to my stomach. I think every person who has ever been strip-searched at a jail should hire LKB and let her argue for their right to privacy. LKB insists there is a right to privacy in jail. There's not even a right to privacy in the Constitution. People think there is, but it wasn't in the Constitution when I learned it. There is doctor/patient privilege and atty/client privilege but those are the only things I know of that are a "right."

I still think that Geraldo is hot for Baez's wife since he has always made an issue that Baez couldn't be having a relationship with Casey because Baez's wife is drop-dead gorgeous.

I know I'd commit suicide before I would ever sleep with that smarmy, smirking idjit.
Also, did you notice GR admitted he was on the phone with JB almost immediately after the remains were discovered? Seems to me that JB might have had something more pressing to do then fielding phone calls from GR.

Here is an article about the day that LP's dive team thought they found bones in the Econ River! :wink:

Deputies: Nothing Divers Found Helps Caylee Case
POSTED: 6:30 am EST November 13, 2008
UPDATED: 4:45 pm EST November 13, 2008
<snipped>
A jail spokesman said she was watching television in a jail dayroom when news came from Blanchard Park. Guards asked her to return to her cell when they saw what was being broadcast, and Anthony went without comment, spokesman Allen Moore said.
Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17970481/detail.html

I think this is part of why Baez is trying to block the video from Dec. 11, 2008....NO REACTION from KC from the possible find on this day! Notice the date too....2 days before DC & JH on Nov. 15, 2008 went searching in the woods where Caylee was found on Dec. 11, 2008! KC knew when LP made this find it wasn't where Caylee was. MHO

:angel:

In a backwards sort of way, I'd much rather the media be questionaing the appropriateness of the DP because it sublimally infers that KC is guilty as a conclusion and we are onto debating the appropriate punishment, LWOP versus DP.

It has somewhat suppressed the effectiveness of claims that KC is innocent and focused it fully on the DP as the issue.

The DP is not an issue if KC is innocent, they can charge her with anything if there is a compelling counter.
I agree...but stating what the State is doing as "appalling" when there has been a child murdered is not the best choice of words under the circumstances.

Also, did you notice GR admitted he was on the phone with JB almost immediately after the remains were discovered? Seems to me that JB might have had something more pressing to do then fielding phone calls from GR.

Hmmm maybe this is why JB didn't get to the jail before LE took KC to the health center???

The reaction by the A's from this day, I think are very telling when LP thought he found bones, compared to thier reaction on Dec. 11th. MHO is that they all knew where Caylee was for a long time before she was found! :furious:

VIDEO INTERVIEW:Anthonys Respond To Developments
http://www.wftv.com/video/17974633/index.html

O/T slightly Does anyone remember this character who showed up at the Econ River that day on Nov. 13th?

PROTESTOR: Man Confronts Dive Team At Search Scene
http://www.wftv.com/video/17974178/index.html

He was also in an interview that was done inside the A's house IIRC!

I'm starting to wonder of somehow there may be some family connection between GR and JB. Maybe JB's wife is kin to GR---cousins? Maybe GR's mother and JB's mother--kin? Maybe GR is helping JB with ideas on how to handle this case. Of course there could be the money tie. IDK :confused:

Casey Anthony is no better than anyone else who has been accused of a crime and detained for said crime. She is not entitled to see her attorney INSTANTLY whenever she requests it, nor when HE requests it. She is incarcerated and ALL that that implies. She is allowed to see her attorney ALL the time. There is no special rule that says that if a body is found and it MAY be her daughter (whom she is charged with having murdered let's recall) that her attorney should be granted instantaneous access to her. Obviously she heard the news on her little radio and was moved to the medical facility in case she flipped out-I mean-required medical attention. She was not deprived of her attorney that day. He saw her didn't he?

Hmmm maybe this is why JB didn't get to the jail before LE took KC to the health center???

Yup! JB's right to media publicity trumped KC's need for someone to console her. JB was unavoidably delayed by other priorities.

I agree...but stating what the State is doing as "appalling" when there has been a child murdered is not the best choice of words under the circumstances.

So true, would they have said the same for anyone else? -- other than a 22 year old female aka '$$$$$$'.

The DP would be completely fair and appropriate given Florida law for any other murderer of Caylee ..... but there is a sense of outrage for KC

Finally found it! :wink:

VIDEO: Corrections Dept Reacts To Baez Comment Dec.19, 2008
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...itle=Corrections Dept Reacts To Baez Comments

This link reminded me there are TWO occasions that JB is whining about. One, of course, was Dec 11 when the unidentified remains were found, which we've mostly been talking about on this thread. The other one was when the remains were positively identified, on Dec. 19, when KC refused to see the chaplain whose duty it was to inform her but preferred to see JB and her legal team. Well, actually there are three occasions - the third is when she found out the DP was on the table and went Vesuvius.

I realize that any video of their legal meeting was not up for Sunshine Law distribution, but I had forgotten that JB made such a big stink about that day as well.

JB must think he is representing royalty or something. He sure seems to think that standard protocol for all other inmates should not apply to Princess Casey. It shows what a rank amateur he is in that he has no skills in creating the slightest bit of sympathy for his client.

The reaction by the A's from this day, I think are very telling when LP thought he found bones, compared to thier reaction on Dec. 11th. MHO is that they all knew where Caylee was for a long time before she was found! :furious:

VIDEO INTERVIEW:Anthonys Respond To Developments
http://www.wftv.com/video/17974633/index.html

O/T slightly Does anyone remember this character who showed up at the Econ River that day on Nov. 13th?

PROTESTOR: Man Confronts Dive Team At Search Scene
http://www.wftv.com/video/17974178/index.html

He was also in an interview that was done inside the A's house IIRC!

I know the gal in the red t-shirt is Joy Wray, but I forget this fellas name. I know they were associated somehow, possibly her hubby?

But that's just it. Apparently the SA and prosecutors agree. They do not plan on using this tape at trial. Notice they barely had anything to do with the motion hearing about the video.

the request for the video is coming as a public records request from the press. So why exactly is the defense and JB taking such an almost insane stand on it? What is it hey are hoping to gain exactly? It's no like they are seeking to block a damning piece of evidence, the state already said they weren't planning to use it. In fact losing here against the press would pretty much make it impossible to challenge the tape as evidence, and give the prosecutor almost free reign to use it.

So why exactly are they making such a stink over it?

Bold mine.

My thoughts are that it is the first step in establishing a "pity party" defense for KC. Poor thing, :rolleyes: parents mistreated her growing up, LE won't listen to her, jail mistreated her...and all leading up to Ms. AL with her tears and heartwrenching stories she will tell of "poor" KC's life, to the jury, in the DP phase of the trial. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cecybeans You are correct that it was tha jail chaplain that informed KC that the remains found were Caylee's on Dec. 19, 2008. Along with her declining a visit with her family pastor, she was having a meeting with her lawyers during the time he was scheduled to be there.

Casey Anthony told of Caylee ID shortly before public was told
4:54 PM EST, December 19, 2008
<snipped>
"Inmate Casey Anthony is aware of the developments in her case," said Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore. "She was notified by a jail chaplain as is consistent with our policy. The notification came at approximately 1:45 p.m."

Later, Anthony declined a visit from her pastor, Shane Stutzman, after the sheriff's office made the announcement that the bones belonged to her daughter.

She was meeting with Garcia and attorney Jose Baez and Jose Garcia during the time that Stutzman had scheduled his visit.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-caylee-jail-reaction-121908,0,4010091.story

On December 11, 2008, Jose was in court for a pre-trial hearing. I have only one video of that hearing which seems to have lasted less then 10 minutes. I don't recall what time the hearing started but I will say 10:00 AM. IIRC, news broke about a small child's body being found around 9:30 AM or thereabouts.

According to Lt. Uncer's interview, Casey was brought to medical ~11:35 AM prior to her attorney arriving, then at some point Casey was taken to a medical conference room and spoke to a psychologist. Jose Baez arrived around noon and stayed till ~1:30 PM. Casey received a sedative at 12:45 PM while with Jose.

Interesting that it took nearly an hour and 15 minutes before asking for a sedative, if I am hearing the interview correctly.

http://www.wftv.com/video/19107482/index.html

IMO, if anything, Jose had to wait only a few minutes until the psychologist finished speaking with Casey as they were concerned that Casey would harm herself.

It's pretty obvious the jail also brought casey out into the common area to view the tv for the LP search when they discovered bones at JBP to also view her reaction.

Why aren't the defense moaning about that incident?

Plus, wasn't she already listening to the news on her radio?

I want to know WHERE It is written that ONLY her attorney can notify her of anything.

Good Point Gaia! Plus the fact that the remains had not been identified as Caylees but the reaction gotten from KC Proved otherwise when she went into her little hyperventilating mode when she heard remains had been found.

Compare the reaction she had when Caylees remains were found and when Padilla was searching at the river ( if I'm not mistaken) and found things there. KC made mention of they couldn't even find her clothes ( something similar) and was calm at that time. Then when they found the real remains BINGO! KC suddenly goes haywire even before the remains are identified.
Now shes in jail. Cameras are in jails because inmates need to be monitored. They are put there for the safety of other inmates and jail employees. KC Anthony is like any other criminal in that jail and should be treated as such. Civil RIghts Violated because she had no privacy when she heard about the finding of the remains. YOUR IN JAIL KC ,YOU HAVE NO CIVIL RIGHTS. For JB to even suggest a lawsuit for this nonsense just proves to me even more that the guy is one of those Ambulance Chasing Kind of Lawyers who has no scruples and would sue his own mother. Disgusting!

In a backwards sort of way, I'd much rather the media be questionaing the appropriateness of the DP because it sublimally infers that KC is guilty as a conclusion and we are onto debating the appropriate punishment, LWOP versus DP.

It has somewhat suppressed the effectiveness of claims that KC is innocent and focused it fully on the DP as the issue.

The DP is not an issue if KC is innocent, they can charge her with anything if there is a compelling counter.

I thought of that when Baez said, "From the beginning we didn't feel this was a death penalty case."

The State has made clear that the jail tape of Baez and Prisoner conferring, her back to the camera, will not be used at trial. I think the tape of her reaction to the telecast will be used to show consciousness of guilt and I have not heard the prosecution say otherwise.

Attorney for the officers will argue vigorously against the way their representations are being characterized by the defense. In fact, there is no substantiation for the claims in the Baez motion.

Does ANYONE else here feel that there is a slim chance LE did the taping with the HOPE that KC would break down and confess when presented with her child's lifeless body - I'm not talking trick confession here, I'm talking wearing down the defendant's lies and breaking her because humans DO FEEL emotions (or so they thought?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back