Was/is Shawn abusive toward Billie?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In my state both are considered to be under the PO. So if I had a PO against my ex and I contacted him, I could be arrested. I would guess if I was caught with him in my home (and I wasn't calling LE yelling about it) that possibly both would be arrested. There are different laws in different states about this.

BBM True, perhaps one day VAWA will be expanded and will be uniform throughout the country.

Or maybe LE suggested she get a PO....then when BJD gets released, she doesn't have any drugs, and is having withdraws, her one focus now is her fix. She is thinking, how can I get any if I'm being watched, as long as the Media and people think SA might be here I cannot come and go. So she starts thinking in her head the next lie to get the trail off of her.....then the lightbulb goes off in her head "Oh yeah, LE mentioned the PO, that's it, people will leave me alone then, and I'll be able to get my drugs"

It may just be a public ralations move on her part, an attempt to polish the image up. Bottom line is a druggie's brain is not rational so it might just be a flip of a coin or a fly landed on the counter and that was the prompt. "This is my brain on drugs"

Hearing from those of you who take these Protection Orders seriously, and rightly so, is making me angry that Billie is using hers as a ploy, as a prop, to garner sympathy. She should be ashamed of herself.

Then she would have a TRO Temporary Restraining Order at this time and will have to go to court where he has the opportunity/right to answer her complaint. THEN she would get a PO if the judge grants it.

Not sure how it is in Texas, in my state where I have my 5 year Order of Protection against my EX, if I were to talk to him [call him] if he answered my call or met with me, he would be arrested. If I had him in my home or met him somewhere then I am not protected. For those of us who have these orders because we have been assalted, we take them seriously because they are there to keep us safe by giving us an option of having a resource to call and put them in [back in] jail. When you have been physically assaulted, you want and need that option.

"What happens to BD if she violates the PO?"

As for your question, if she does she didn't take it seriously and isn't worried about her safety. Several of us on this thread who have understand that if she has contact then it is a misuse of the PO process. There are people who really need them, to just use it as a ploy is pathetic. Up thread I posted Texas PO and RO regs links that will tell you the legal ramifications for her.

I never had need for a PO, so I defer to your knowledge on the subject. The thought did cross my mind ... last year in February when she called the cops and said he was threatening her; could she have gotten a PO then? Would it still be in effect today?

I never had need for a PO, so I defer to your knowledge on the subject. The thought did cross my mind ... last year in February when she called the cops and said he was threatening her; could she have gotten a PO then? Would it still be in effect today?

If she went through the process then and got a 1 year order, the original would not now be in effect. I don't know what the max time is in Texas for a PO but she would have had to show extreme case to get an extended time, if that is available. Mine was 5 years because the assault was violent with severe head injuries. She could have asked for another one after the 1 year would expire, just go through the process again. I would think if, after a year, it was still necessary, he would be spending some time in jail as an incentive to behave.

Coming in late tonight but my thoughts on the restraining order...

LE is playing voodoo with BD. Stick a pin here, stick a pin there. They know how to get a rise out of BD..." uh hum, Ms Dunn, you might want to consider getting a restraining order on Sa after learning the information we have given you tonight. "
Thats why she so quickly forgot about it, it wasn't her idea...

You know, maybe she is doing this because the public is about to learn some more information that she is trying to get ahead of too. I give up, I cannot get into a drug addicts head.

Hearing from those of you who take these Protection Orders seriously, and rightly so, is making me angry that Billie is using hers as a ploy, as a prop, to garner sympathy. She should be ashamed of herself.

The thing is we don't know at this time if she is using it as a ploy. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she is actually afraid of him and should be protected as any one should. IF she hooks up with him again then she isn't afraid.

According to MSM, LE went to the house to serve him with a warrant, she didn't call them. At the jail she was, as the officer said, 'Put her back in Detox', not having an easy night. She was crashing and probably sick, depending on usage/volume. The reason I say this, you don't just say 'Give me a protection order'. She had to fill out a form and you have to detail why you want one and write the specifics of the reasons. You also have to note physical characteristics, tattoos, eye/hair color, location, any possible weapons. It took me awhile [hour +] to fill it out and the shelter advocate helped me because I had limited vision at that time because of the eye injuries [detachment] and skull fracture. Someone who is high and then crashing/hung over would have trouble filling it out. They may have brought in a DV advocate to help her.

Coming in late tonight but my thoughts on the restraining order...

LE is playing voodoo with BD. Stick a pin here, stick a pin there. They know how to get a rise out of BD..." uh hum, Ms Dunn, you might want to consider getting a restraining order on Sa after learning the information we have given you tonight. "
Thats why she so quickly forgot about it, it wasn't her idea...

She could start the process Monday morning, if she hasn't yet. If she needs one because she is in danger then she will get one, if she goes back to him, she's not, in her mind, in danger. Too much drama. IMHO

There may be only one reason to lie and say he wasn't there. She didn't want him to get served with the warrant to search his body. If she wasn't still protecting him and really wanted to know what happened to Haylie, then she would throw open the door and welcome LE to have at him. It's not like everyone didn't already know that she has been associating with him, and she couldn't be arrested for that. So, I'm wondering what she is afraid they will find.

I'm bbaaaccckkkkk lol. Just snooped a bit further while closing all my million open tabs and came across this report. Sorry if it's already been linked.

In the video BC is carrying some papers, keys with dangly stuff (maybe memory stick?), and her cell phone (red). Wonder if those papers are the PO???? Then further into the video she seems to be leaving an LE's red pick up truck and has a paper or maybe tissue in her hand.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14281162

The thing is we don't know at this time if she is using it as a ploy. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she is actually afraid of him and should be protected as any one should. IF she hooks up with him again then she isn't afraid.

According to MSM, LE went to the house to serve him with a warrant, she didn't call them. At the jail she was, as the officer said, 'Put her back in Detox', not having an easy night. She was crashing and probably sick, depending on usage/volume. The reason I say this, you don't just say 'Give me a protection order'. She had to fill out a form and you have to detail why you want one and write the specifics of the reasons. You also have to note physical characteristics, tattoos, eye/hair color, location, any possible weapons. It took me awhile [hour +] to fill it out and the shelter advocate helped me because I had limited vision at that time because of the eye injuries [detachment] and skull fracture. Someone who is high and then crashing/hung over would have trouble filling it out. They may have brought in a DV advocate to help her.

I understand, but I am through giving her the benefit of the doubt. She has known for two months that he is the prime suspect in her child's disappearance. I would think that might strike fear in a woman.

She has known for two years that he is capable of threatening to KILL HER if he gets angry. He threatened her and Clint and she took it seriously enough to call 911. After that charade she moved him into her home with her kids.

She has known all along about his little hobbies, and his obsession with violence and sick perverted acts. She decided to share in these hobbies herself. She WANTED to be his 'dirty little girl.' This did not scare her, she seemed to enjoy it.

When Shawn quit his job, he admitted that he 'was afraid' of telling Billie. She wore the pants in the family, not him. Even Clint has said that. She is not the little innocent weak scared lamb that she likes to pretend to be. MK pointed that out as well.

LE has asked her since day one to stay away from him. She did stay with him, but not out of fear, imo, but out of sick perverted sense of 'love.'

She has no reason to be afraid of him. She has plenty of people watching over her and the cops are watching him too. If she had truly wanted him to stay away it would have been very easy to accomplish. Instead they snuck around together- on purpose. He is not the big bad wolf here, imo, she is.

She got a lawyer today me thinks. This is her lawyer's way of defending her against the charges of obstruction of the police. She will claim in much stronger terms that he threatened her not to tell on him. She is already claiming she called his mother.

Sumtin tells me she lawyered up sometime today.

Last I heard she refused a lawyer at arraignment... I will be surprised if she lawyers up. She seems intent on maintaining the "innocent" appearance by NOT having one.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/27242658/detail.html

She was arraigned Friday about 9:45 a.m. in the Mitchell County Courthouse.

Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said that Billie Dunn refused to accept a court-appointed attorney.

It is all unraveling. Because of the *advertiser censored*. This case may have gone unsolved like so many others. But the deviant sex is going to be what brings everything into focus and puts pressure to bear on BD and SA. This case has been broken wide open.

First one to offer up the location of Hailey gets the deal. It's going to be Shawn IMO. Billie still thinks she is smarter than Law Enforcement. Even in her press conference she said LE is just trying to pin this on someone. Didn't she learn her lesson yet that you don't tick of LE?

I'm sorry... but I feel the need to point this out... I will stick with just a few though. :innocent:

Billie Dunn has a press conference so that her statement isn't edited and taken out of context...

Casey Anthony said - "The media completely misconstrued everything that I said."

Billie Dunn cries when no one is around... but holds it together otherwise...

Casey Anthony said - "Because I'm not sitting here ****ing crying every two seconds. Because I have to stay composed to... talk to detectives, to... make other phone calls, to do other things. I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to. I can't."

Billie Dunn said LE is just trying to pin this on somebody...

Casey Anthony said - "They've already said they're going to pin this on me if they don't find Caylee.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68030"]Casey's first phone call home from jail - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Of course the attitude is very similar... you almost expect to hear Casey quotes come out of Billie when someone makes her mad.

You guys are going to think I am off my rocker but mannnn I don't want believe she did anything or knows something about Hailey. I think I am in denial because part of me still wonders if she's telling the truth. HALP MEH Guizeee.

I am not convinced she is involved either.

But I cant forgive her involvement with SA after the *advertiser censored* announcement. It just hit me that her behavior and rationale are that of an addict—she'll destroy everyone around her before giving up her drug and her awesome drug buddy. The lies, lack of emotion, impulsiveness, the horrible choices. Billie's life seems to have slid downhill over the past few years from losing her nursing license, her increased interest in crime and gore, all the psychodrama, deciding her kids will accept SA because she wants him living in her home and there is no problem with SA because she doesn't see one.

I am not convinced that Hailey didnt get an opportunity to get out of there and did.

Billie Dunn, whose 13-year-old daughter has been missing since last December, says she has a protective order against Shawn Adkins, her former live-in boyfriend and the only named suspect in Hailey Dunn's disappearance.

Billie Dunn called KTAB reporter Priscilla Luong to inform her of the protective order, saying she had forgotten to mention it in the news conference she gave this afternoon.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=353316

WOW - I get a root canal and all aych-e-ell-ell breaks out!

After picking myself up off the floor (for the 437th time in this case), I am still in shock and disbelief at this woman's antics. She lies like a rug. Also, isn't Ms. Luong the "rock your Hailey gear" lady? Ugh and shiver. This case makes me feel as if I am losing my mind some days. I so hope these individuals get what's coming to them. It can't happen soon enough. This has gone on long enough and this poor child needs to be found. MOO.

Here are some "basic" guidelines for a protective order for another county in Texas, of which, basically is the same type of information required to get a PO in most states IMO.

http://www.co.nueces.tx.us/ca/guide.asp

Application:
http://www.co.nueces.tx.us/ca/pdf/application.pdf

Protective Order Procedure
Upon you calling or appearing in person, an application will be provided and a date will be scheduled for an interview. After the interview, an attorney will review the application. Once the application for Protective Order is accepted for filing all documentation will be prepared.

There will be two hearings in which you will be present. They are:
EX-PARTE HEARING-only the Judge, Attorney, and Applicant (you) are present
FINAL HEARING- generally 14 days later. All parties are present (Applicant, Attorney for Applicant, Respondent, Attorney for Respondent and Judge)

I can't wait to see the PO and what she wrote on it! Based on her recent arrest for lying about Shawn being there, if I was the Judge hearing this application, I would DENY IT!

I don't think she's being truthful since when she called 911 to get LE to guard her house because she didn't lock her doors. If she was really worried about him she would lock her doors IMO. Also, I still think it's funny she called him mentally handicapped or disabled on something like that during that call. Now after all the previous drama, her daughter is gone. She's still with him and now we're being updated that she's really not going to 'rekindle a relationship with him in the future?' I'm not buying it.

No need to rekindle something that was never unkindled in the first place IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf
Back