DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was it appropriate to mention Casey?

• Yes, it was completely appropriate.

Votes: 102 20.0%
  • No, it was highly distasteful.

Votes: 261 51.2%
  • Maybe a little, but not as much as they did.

Votes: 147 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't watch it and I'm not going to.

It seems right to me that Casey be mentioned and considered 'part' of it.

These things are for the ones who are left behind. To share the memories, the joys, the sorrows. Casey is part of that family. She was part of the life that is now gone.

The family has changed. 1 member died and the will be locked away from them forever. They can see her, but not touch her. This is alot for a family to mentally take in. They are grieving. For a grand-daughter, but also a daughter.

This wasn't about punishing the person who did this to Caylee. This isn't about Justice. This is about love and lost. It's about good bye.

To the family, I'm sure that every minute that Casey has been born, hasn't been all bad. I"m sure they have some good memories of her with Caylee as well. When there is a 'loss', families tend to remember more of the good, then the bad. To let the 'bye gones' be, well.. gone.

Let them have this time. They shouldn't have to defend themselves over this part of the grief process.

Very well said, Spangle. I have a friend who lost a child in the seventh month of her pregnancy. Many people did not understand her grief; in their minds the child never actually existed. In the mind of my friend, not only did the child exist, but in her dreams she took him to his first day of kindergarten. She envisioned him losing his first tooth, dating his first girlfriend, being the star quarterback on the football team, graduating high school, going to college, getting married and giving her grandchildren, bringing them home for holidays. She didn't lose a fetus, she lost her grown child. If the A's aren't ready to give up on their dreams of what Casey could have been who are we to judge them? What gives us the right?

Very well said, Spangle. I have a friend who lost a child in the seventh month of her pregnancy. Many people did not understand her grief; in their minds the child never actually existed. In the mind of my friend, not only did the child exist, but in her dreams she took him to his first day of kindergarten. She envisioned him losing his first tooth, dating his first girlfriend, being the star quarterback on the football team, graduating high school, going to college, getting married and giving her grandchildren, bringing them home for holidays. She didn't lose a fetus, she lost her grown child. If the A's aren't ready to give up on their dreams of what Casey could have been who are we to judge them? What gives us the right?

I think that is very sad about your friend. At seven months, she would have had to go through normal labor and deliver a decent sized baby. How could anyone say that her baby did not exist? I think envisioning his future like that was healthy.

Thinking on this, it has struck me that little Caylee never even got to go to school. Did this poor little child even ever have a playmate? Why couldn't they have at least allowed her to go to pre-school or nursery school? No, instead, she was with a fake nanny while Casey was at her fake job and no one noticed.

I think it is impossible for the A's to separate Casey and Caylee. The grief, imo, is intermingled and personal boundaries seem non-existent.

Very difficult position for anyone to be in. I hold no judgments on this one...

Although, personally, it didn't feel good...I realize it wasn't a memorial to satisfy my personal needs or wants.

I think it is impossible for the A's to separate Casey and Caylee. The grief, imo, is intermingled and personal boundaries seem non-existent.

Very difficult position for anyone to be in. I hold no judgments on this one...

Although, personally, it didn't feel good...I realize it wasn't a memorial to satisfy my personal needs or wants.

I always thought a Memorial Service was to eulogize the deceased.

And, it seemed like Lee only spoke about himself.

It was more about casey than the baby.

They all have very poor etiquitte(SP_):mad:

That is exactly what I"m talking about. I"m sorry for your friend. I'm glad she had someone that understands. Which you must have, for you to explain it so well.

No, I don't think it was okay to mention KC. The day was about Caylee. I don't think the murderer should have been mentioned like that. Yes, she gave birth to Caylee, but she also chose to take that life away. I was also disturbed to see the photo of KC and Caylee as a baby during the memorial.

No, I don't think it was okay to mention KC. The day was about Caylee. I don't think the murderer should have been mentioned like that. Yes, she gave birth to Caylee, but she also chose to take that life away. I was also disturbed to see the photo of KC and Caylee as a baby during the memorial.

I always thought a Memorial Service was to eulogize the deceased.

And, it seemed like Lee only spoke about himself.

It was more about casey than the baby.

They all have very poor etiquitte(SP_):mad:
Bingo!:clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member