Watching Motions Hearing Live on Friday 10-10-08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could recall a thought that Blink34 posted about bait, something that her grandfather told her....basically....don't take the bait. Wish Blink were here to help me out so i don't have to dig through threads. But, it was good advice.
LOL Now if you hadn't asked...I could have told you. Brain freeze on Blink's addages. Ooops.

Gotcha...so Baez in reality did end up winning motions to gather information that the prosecution wouldn't let him have contending that information was not part of the neglect case? Is that correct? Or am I still confused? LOL

You're confused. he "won" motions to get stuff he should have had before, but he didn't ask the prosecution in a proper fashion in written legal requests. He didn't get anything today re: info. that is not part of the neglect case - those matters are under advisement.

Um...isn't there a thread for Caylee Is Alive, go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72731
or the Is Caylee Alive Debate/Poll Thread, go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69125
Not meaning to be snarky, but I, for one, am really not interested in getting into this and I've been getting the feeling from several posts back that this is where this discussion is heading... :rolleyes:

Respectfully, I'm not trying to debate whether Caylee is alive or dead. I personally do not know that answer. I have made that very clear that I'm on the fence about that. I just feel that if the motion to allow Casey to visit points of interest to assist in helping find Caylee should be granted if it were possible that Caylee could be found alive. That's all.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to you, Themis and OHW (and any other legal eagles who've graced these 40+ pages) for providing us with the benefit of your expertise. I believe that we are all so much better informed because you've taken the time to share and explain.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

YVW ... although I am more of a legal chicken hawk ... :) I am thankful when I can offer insight ... but I only practiced law for a little over 5 years before realizing that it was making me completely miserable and went back to my first love of Cardiac Critical Care nursing! I do medical/legal consulting on the side just to keep my toe in the water!

See my post this thread, #1166...

There a thread for Caylee Is Alive, go here:
or the Is Caylee Alive Debate/Poll Thread, go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69125

Not meaning to be snarky, but I, for one, am really not interested in getting into this and I've been getting the feeling from several posts back that this is where this discussion is heading...

If you want to debate whether or not Caylee is alive or decease, PLEASE go to those threads.

TIA.

Friends, neighbors, countrymen (and women) please lend me your ears. There is a thread for theories about Caylee being alive:

Would it be OK if we stuck to the motions hearing on this thread, and moved the Caylee is alive (or might be and why) discussions there?

Thanks very much, your posting buddy, Gin

PS..Chezhire, just saw your post. Would this be an example two great minds with one great thought? :)

Casey does not need to be going out on "secret missions" with Baez. It serves no purpose. He has her original statement. She is free to tell him anything else for him to check out while she is at home on house arrest. If she were in jail, would they be allowing her visits outside to do this? Not unless it was a trip to lead them directly to the body!

I think Baez is pushing the envelope and the Judge should shut him down.

You're right. I don't think there is a judge in this State that would allow this to happen.

KC's not going on field trips with her attorney. Not happening!

You've said you have kids. God forbid, let's say your 3 yr old turns up missing. You get a ransom note for a million dollars, and a threat to not call the police. Since you're not a billionaire, you can't come up with a million dollars. Also, you can't afford to hire a bunch of PIs to do the work for you. Are you going to just SIT THERE and hope you can maybe work out a deal with the kidnappers? Are you going to think that if you just wait long enough...just do what they say...pray enough...SOMEDAY you'll get to hold your youngest child again?

OR, are you gonna make some noise? Call the cops, chase people in your car, live on TV, yelling at the *advertiser censored* to give your child back? As we say around home, are you gonna step up to the plate, or just let that one pass you by?

I honestly can think of no one parent that I know personally who would do as KC had done. Are you saying you'd do as she has?
id go to my friend cops .. i have LOTS of them . i work at a truck stop so i know lots of officers and investigators .. theyd work with me in secret im sure . casey knew cops well enough to sleep with them .. she couldve turned to them for help imho

Respectfully, I'm not trying to debate whether Caylee is alive or dead. I personally do not know that answer. I have made that very clear that I'm on the fence about that. I just feel that if the motion to allow Casey to visit points of interest to assist in helping find Caylee should be granted if it were possible that Caylee could be found alive. That's all.

Respectfully it has been stated numerous times on this thread that JB BACKTRACKED in court and did not ask for permission to search but for permission to roam around and take him to places for the express purpose of aiding her defense. And now I'm off. This is ridiculous.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to you, Themis and OHW (and any other legal eagles who've graced these 40+ pages) for providing us with the benefit of your expertise. I believe that we are all so much better informed because you've taken the time to share and explain.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Muchas Gracias.

Legal commentary works much better when there's more than one of each discipline. The back and forth within the discipline, among the professionals of various disciplines, AND with the lay public is what makes the discussion magic. That's what makes WS so unique among the forums.

You are kidding right??? You CANNOT believe that Amy told her "go ahead and write checks and clear my account and we'll lie to the bank when I get back from PR"!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You cannot be saying that! :confused:

We are getting off topic here. That is what I said...but I'm not going to debate it.

I came into this thread orginally stating that I think it was good that Baez got most of his motions granted and that I feel that the motion to allow Casey to visit points of interest should be allowed if it was at all possible to help find Caylee. That's all. It's just my opinion. I'm not here to debate.

Absolutely...not! At this point she should be considered a flight risk.

I don't know if anyone else caught this but - when the home confinenment manager was on the stand Baez asked her if Casey was a model prisoner - and the home confinement manager paused and said 'she follows the rules'

I wonder what other stuff has happened to not make her a model prisoner - my guess would be attitude

SNIPPED: "... He is not going to let her go around in secret either, because of the cost to the the taxpayers. Not that this is going to be an issue most likely by the time he rules. I doubt he will rule until maybe Wednesday. It appears he is "taking it under advisement" for a reason.

ITA - which is why I posted yesterday he wouldn't grant these ridiculous secret travels requests with what's coming in the pipeline. He's handled it well, for sure, and he can't be overturned, either :)

How do we know for sure what information she has given her counsel? I'm just saying that if there is anything that can be done to help find Caylee alive, it should be done. And if that means granting a motion that allows her to visit places of interest, it should be done. I'm not trying to debate on whether Caylee is alive or dead, I'm not wanting to bash LE, prsecution attorney, Casey, her lawyer, etc... I'm just stating my opinion in regards to the motion that would allow Casey to visit points of interest to assist with finding Caylee.

The ONLY place KC needs to be "visiting" in my opinion is Orange County jail house. She should never have been released. I do blame LP for that because no one else was capable of bonding her out, but once he did they had time to put some "find caylee" money and talk others into helping them.

We don't know what is "on" that bond. It was said to be from an anonymous donor........it could be the elderly lady who lets them use her property to sell things was conned into putting her property or money up for the bond and if KC skips, NONE OF THEM will be holding the bag but an elderly woman..

I admire LP for trying to find out but like most of us here tried to tell him, she was NOT going to tell him anything and she was just using him like did all men. I admire him for trying to get info now for LE, but once the barn door is open, it is rather late to try to gather up the horses.

Originally posted by Blink34: My Poppa (WWIIVet Marine) told me this story, it seemed like a good time to share it with my dedicated good souls here.

When you are fishing for a sucker, it will take any bait, they bite at anything.

When you are fishing because you NEED to fish, you will always hook a herring- red herring that is.

When you are the trophy fish, you know there is no such thing as bait, and when you get hooked, it was because you chose to. Choose a Worthy Bait.

Here's to my fellow trophy fish, Big Fish, in a Little Pond, holding our own in the Shark Tank. Don't take the bait.
Here you go, SM! Found it!

I only came into this thread to say that I was glad that Baez got most of his motions granted and that I hope he gets the motion granted to allow Casey to visit points of interest if it will indeed assist in finding Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr