Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The same source has told The Spectator that three men in Etobicoke have been charged with gun trafficking for allegedly selling a firearm to Dellen Millard, which police believe he then used to murder his father.

Deputy Crown attorney Laura Bird of the Metro West Etobicoke Courthouse could not be reached for comment.

http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/4460278-clairmont-police-believe-babcock-s-body-was-incinerated/

from your link

RE CN

"She was being interviewed by Hamilton police in the afternoon and will appear in a Hamilton courtroom Friday morning. "

After she appears I suspect we will be privy to more details per MSM about her background hopefully.

It's fascinating that DM allegedly obtained an illegal gun.....this is really substantial information

The same source has told The Spectator that three men in Etobicoke have been charged with gun trafficking for allegedly selling a firearm to Dellen Millard, which police believe he then used to murder his father.

Deputy Crown attorney Laura Bird of the Metro West Etobicoke Courthouse could not be reached for comment.

http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/4460278-clairmont-police-believe-babcock-s-body-was-incinerated/

Hoping that someone can refresh my memory about the pictures that we saw from the home with the bowl of credit cards and the long gun. Were they not from the warrant on the house when Dellen was arrested? Or were they from back when WM supposedly committed suicide?

I think it's possible that the gun that was used in the "suicide" was there in the home at the time LE were called and that Dellen of course would have indicated he had no idea where his father got it from. I don't think it's possible that the shot that killed WM was from a shotgun. So perhaps in their investigation, LE has finally found out where that gun that was used in the "suicide" came from and it actually was purchased by Dellen illegally. I think that would be grounds to assume that it was him who shot his father and not his father who acquired an illegal gun to kill himself.

MOO

Hoping that someone can refresh my memory about the pictures that we saw from the home with the bowl of credit cards and the long gun. Were they not from the warrant on the house when Dellen was arrested? Or were they from back when WM supposedly committed suicide?

The pic of the cards is from when they arrested DM and searched the house. I think a lot of them are fleet cards left over from either the shutdown of the YYZ hangar or the MRO.

Exactly how many credit cards do you need to cut up coke? Yes you need one to crush up the lumps. You do not need 8+ cards. Usually you would have one crusty old card that you would use exclusively so that the shop girl at Hugo Boss doesn't get a tingle when she runs your VISA.

I think they are just debris left over from the business.

I think it's possible that the gun that was used in the "suicide" was there in the home at the time LE were called and that Dellen of course would have indicated he had no idea where his father got it from. I don't think it's possible that the shot that killed WM was from a shotgun. So perhaps in their investigation, LE has finally found out where that gun that was used in the "suicide" came from and it actually was purchased by Dellen illegally. I think that would be grounds to assume that it was him who shot his father and not his father who acquired an illegal gun to kill himself.

MOO

Excellent logic. I wonder what gun WM was posed with in death, and what they did with the bullet from the suicide (kept it, tossed it?)

If the bullet did not match the gun WM was posed with, and the gun that was used was illegally bought by DM, he's toast.

Who would kill someone and then pose their body with the wrong weapon, what would be the purpose of that? And for that matter, wouldn't the autopsy have shown that the bullet didn't match the gun long ago? Even if the bullet cleared the skull, the forensics team would have looked until they found it, would they not? I doubt that someone involved in the crime could have kept the bullet from a suicide and no one would have noticed until now.

Who would kill someone and then pose their body with the wrong weapon, what would be the purpose of that? And for that matter, wouldn't the autopsy have shown that the bullet didn't match the gun long ago? Even if the bullet cleared the skull, the forensics team would have looked until they found it, would they not? I doubt that someone involved in the crime could have kept the bullet from a suicide and no one would have noticed until now.

It is easier to kill someone with a handgun than a long gun when in close quarters like inside a house, but WM may have only owned long guns, so the killing may have been done with one weapon and then DM might have posed WM with one of the weapons WM owned to cover that up.

Who knows how thorough the investigation was in the case of WM. If DM told LE WM had started drinking again and had lost millions investing in a business that never got off the ground, there certainly was a solid motive for suicide. When things seem that 'clear cut', sometimes details are overlooked.

from your link

RE CN

"She was being interviewed by Hamilton police in the afternoon and will appear in a Hamilton courtroom Friday morning. "

After she appears I suspect we will be privy to more details per MSM about her background hopefully.

It's fascinating that DM allegedly obtained an illegal gun.....this is really substantial information

Premeditation? I don't think LE are done with charges and upgrading charges. JMHO

Now I really have to wonder if CN may have been posting here kwim. Dream defense team pretty quiet with this latest news... ;) Again JMO.

I found this bit of info quite interesting. Way to go sleuthers and tipsters! This case is not the only case where LE have gained useful information in their investigation by using WS. :loveyou:

After Bosma’s death, investigators, journalists and online web sleuths looked for answers in Millard’s life and two other cases quickly came to light.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...osma_killing_charged_with_2_more_murders.html

It would be interesting to hear the 911 call made by DM the night of WM suicide/murder from Gate Court home..

It is easier to kill someone with a handgun than a long gun when in close quarters like inside a house, but WM may have only owned long guns, so the killing may have been done with one weapon and then DM might have posed WM with one of the weapons WM owned to cover that up.

Who knows how thorough the investigation was in the case of WM. If DM told LE WM had started drinking again and had lost millions investing in a business that never got off the ground, there certainly was a solid motive for suicide. When things seem that 'clear cut', sometimes details are overlooked.

From AB's article on the Millard dynasty:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05...-dismantle-it/

"In an article entitled “The Seven Major Mistakes in Suicide Investigation” published earlier this year in the magazine Law and Order, author Vernon J. Geberth, a forensic consultant and former commander of Bronx Homicide in New York, writes that when a case is first reported as a suicide, officers tend to automatically treat it as such. “I always ask what was so bad that they had to take their life,” he said in an interview, adding that homicides are mistaken for suicides “frequently enough that I wrote that article.”

Gerberth's article is worth a read. Can't find the link at the moment but elsewhere I read about a US case where the initial investigators reported what was later proven to be a gun homicide by a family member as a suicide because they didn't get paid overtime and that was the quickest way to get home. Not to suggest that TPS would do this.

I believe she had cancer did she not? Don't think they can pin that one on him.

MOO

The obit said her "cancer operation" was in 2006. She didn't die until 2009, but it didn't say what her COD was.

If I recall correctly, they did an autopsy on WM. Would they not have known at the time if the bullet didn't match the gun? I would think it would be pretty remiss of LE if they didn't check that at the very least. But then, I'd also be surprised if they didn't check the gun registration at the time.

JMO

Well, presumably they have some compelling reason to bring the murder charges, since they'll have to present the evidence in court.

I hope they look into Elizabeth Mary Glass's death as well. Her obituary was beyond strange!

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

Yes I think investigators should turn over every rock connected to DM. Do we know for certain EG died of cancer? She may have had cancer but was it her COD? Could she have been treated for cancer and was in remission? Money seems to me to be a main factor in my suspicions of why DM would want his father gone, so did DM feel financially threatened by EG? Again, what about his grandfather CM? We can assume he passed away from old age, heart, whatever, but where's the proof so to speak? Did he pass away in the hospital, at home? Anyone know the details to his passing? Was there an autopsy done on CM? May sound far fetched to some but doesn't killing ones own father seem far fetched also? MOO.

It would be interesting to hear the 911 call made by DM the night of WM suicide/murder from Gate Court home..

Don't think we've been privy to that information about who actually found WM that awful night November 29th jonv. At 45 seconds into the video the officer says a call was place to the 22nd division. It may not have even been a 911 call. But yes it will be interesting eventually to find out who placed this call and their demeanor.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/10/timeline-murders-linked-to-dellen-millard/

Still listed to date WM interred at an unknown location...hmm interesting in my opinion. Although we know one can spread the ashes of their loved ones, in this case I do wonder what DM did with his father's. MOO.

His father’s body was cremated at the Riverside Cemetery & Cremation Centre in Toronto and interred at an unknown location.
However, after charges were laid in Bosma’s murder, the office of the Ontario chief coroner said the investigation into Wayne Millard’s death was “still ongoing.”
“(It’s) open and has not yet concluded,” Cheryl Mahyr, the coroner’s issues manager, said in May.

AND

It is not known whether Babcock’s body has been found.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...r_lengthy_delay_in_dellen_millard_probes.html

Well I was thinking more along the lines of DM purchasing a gun that could not be traced to him (or so he thought) and using it to kill his father. Then perhaps placing the gun in his hand and allowing it to fall, therefore leaving fingerprints and a believable location of where the gun fell to the ground that would appear to be suicide when LE arrived. And as has been stated in an earlier post, if the son was acting distraught and told LE about his father's depression over the business and his recent return to drinking, who is going to question this? It doesn't appear as if anyone else was close enough to WM at that point to suggest foul play rather than a suicide. From what I understand, DM didn't really even give out the true details of how his father died to anyone so I'm not even sure that anyone else knew that it had been ruled a suicide.

So while LE may have had their suspicions, and it appears as though they did since the investigation was never really closed, they also didn't have enough evidence to get a search warrant on the home and DM's electronics at that time to try to figure out where the gun came from and who bought it. It appears that since DM's arrest, they have been able to trace the purchase and have arrested the person(s) who sold him the gun as well. Likely all from DM's electronic records. I'm almost waiting to hear that those people are from the Dixon Rd area and know Rob Ford. :rolleyes:

MOO

The obit said her "cancer operation" was in 2006. She didn't die until 2009, but it didn't say what her COD was.

Wasn't there an article where her brother was interviewed? Does anyone have a link to that article? Perhaps it sheds more light on her COD?

Wasn't there an article where her brother was interviewed? Does anyone have a link to that article? Perhaps it sheds more light on her COD?

This article Kamille? One article I find very informative as to who DM is according to AS. I like AS hehehe ;)

Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

This article Kamille? One article I find very informative as to who DM is according to AS. I like AS hehehe ;)

Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

That's the one. Thanks swedie. Well that doesn't shed much light into her COD either. But I'm sure because WM was alive, and she had at least one living relative, that there was a proper funeral for her and that no foul play was suspected in her death. I can imagine that WM would have inquired as to the COD if she passed suddenly and she was cancer free at the time.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69