Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged With Murder In The First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MB has POA for DM, so there doesn't necessarily have to be any communication-it really depends on the scope of the POA. Of course, if he can't have contact with her then he may want to retract the POA and give it to someone like his lawyer, but, it's a bit too late! IMHO, since most of the real estate is sold, that may no longer be an issue and since she's listed on Millardair, she should be in full control there regardless. MOO

I think I read that DM told a *reporter who visited him that his mother did visit him. (*Molly someone) According to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms DM and MB would have a 'right to family'. I think it would need to be something that was a 'danger to the public' before their right to family could be interfered with. Maybe someone would like to correct me if I am wrong.

Totally agree PP. Here's a bit of a refresher for that one! Posted in the Globe & Mail on June 4th, 2011. I've spent many an hour speculating about "Chico" !!! :panic: MOO

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20110604.93266289/BDAStory/BDA/deaths
The thing about EG Obit is when I read it, informal as it is, I imagine Wayne dictating it to someone. Wayne reminds me of some of the older guys at work who go into storytelling mode often, especially when there's a drink in hand.

Did EG's brother ever say the obit was fiction when he was interviewed?

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban."

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...tigation-into-the-death-of-wayne-millard.html

MB may have arrived after the police, this article doesn't say exactly when she arrived or when anyone arrived, just that they were there when police investigated the death.

Well, that certainly narrows down who the source may be.

JMO

Maybe so. Maybe not. You never know. Maybe chatty coppers. Maybe neighbors peering in the windows. Whatever. In any case the source is unidentified and, as such, unfortunately the story must be viewed as "unsubstantiated rumour" until more is on the record.

Maybe so. Maybe not. You never know. Maybe chatty coppers. Maybe neighbors peering in the windows. Whatever. In any case the source is unidentified and, as such, unfortunately the story must be viewed as "unsubstantiated rumour" until more is on the record.

I do agree that with nothing to substantiate it, it remains rumour. However, IF there is anything to the rumour, the source is quoted to be someone who was "on the scene" of the investigation, which clearly implies IMO, that it was either LE, DM, MB or the ex. It's also MOO that we can safely rule out at least the second two, if not the third as well.

"A source who was on the scene at the Millard family home the night police investigated the death, said that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban."

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...tigation-into-the-death-of-wayne-millard.html

If the source who was there said 'that those present included Dellen Millard, his mother and Wayne’s ex-wife, Madeleine Burns, and Dellen Millard’s ex-fiancee, who cannot be named due to a publication ban' that would suggest it was the police who are the source in my opinion.

The thing about EG Obit is when I read it, informal as it is, I imagine Wayne dictating it to someone. Wayne reminds me of some of the older guys at work who go into storytelling mode often, especially when there's a drink in hand.

Did EG's brother ever say the obit was fiction when he was interviewed?

To me, it sounds VERY similar to the obit that was written by DM for his father.

MOO

ETA - The brother lives/lived in the US. It's not clear how close he was to his sister. I can't find it now but he was interviewed and there was some suggestion from him of drinking…Maybe he didn't look more closely at the situation? After all, no one seems to have looked all that closely at WM's death until well after the fact.

The obit is just downright creepy and quite clearly a "fishing expedition" for her relatives. I hope investigators haven't let it go. (ABro looked into it and I hope she's still keeping an eye out for information!)

Do we actually know for a fact that DM wrote his fathers obit? It could have been written for him by someone else, or WM himself may have had input. A friend of mine who passed had done everything way in advance, arranged a grave, what she wanted on headstone, hymns at service and an obit. Just a thought.

I think he made reference halfway through to WM being his father, and how he now carries his licence or special certification in his wallet... IIRC.

Do we actually know for a fact that DM wrote his fathers obit? It could have been written for him by someone else, or WM himself may have had input. A friend of mine who passed had done everything way in advance, arranged a grave, what she wanted on headstone, hymns at service and an obit. Just a thought.

According to this article DM wrote his dad's obit. HTH.

Millard wrote an unusual obituary in the Star two weeks after his dad’s death.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

EG was estranged from her family when she died. They didn't learn about her death until a year or so later. SG found the obit strange, especially the Animal Welfare Fund, but the facts were accurate and the photos were indeed EG.

I originally believed the WM and EG obits were written by the same person, but a forensic linguist convinced me otherwise, that there were two separate authors.

In July, I asked the OPP if they were investigating any further murders related to Millard and Smich. This was the answer: "We are not investigating any other murders associated to Dellen Millard or Mark Smich."

A bit off topic, but some similarities. Susan Clairmont is reporting on the Mark Staples murder trial in Hamilton. Staples is charged with the first degree murder of his father and sister- a crime that happened 17 years ago! The trial is expected to last several weeks. It's suggested that Staples murdered his father and sister so he would be sole beneficiary of the 1.4 million dollar estate. Today from SC's twitter as the lawyer who handled the fathers estate(and also MS's surety) testified:
"Law says one cannot benefit from their own wrong. If Mark was charged with murders before his dad's estate was settled, he wouldn't benefit."
https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

To me, it sounds VERY similar to the obit that was written by DM for his father.

MOO

ETA - The brother lives/lived in the US. It's not clear how close he was to his sister. I can't find it now but he was interviewed and there was some suggestion from him of drinking…Maybe he didn't look more closely at the situation? After all, no one seems to have looked all that closely at WM's death until well after the fact.

The obit is just downright creepy and quite clearly a "fishing expedition" for her relatives. I hope investigators haven't let it go. (ABro looked into it and I hope she's still keeping an eye out for information!)

I don't believe it was ever mentioned that the brother of EG was a drinker, if I recall correctly, it was the brother who mentioned that WM and EG were a little more into their cups than he would have preferred. Which may mean he is not the type of person who would want to have it insinuated that he had a reputation as a drinker, in my opinion.

And honestly, I don't really think that either obituary was that strange. There is more than one way to write an obituary, and as I recall it was even an assignment in grade school for most people at one point, and the teachers weren't happy with a simple "Child of so-and-so, cousin to so-and-so, born then, died now...", they all had us practice writing more uniquely personal, creative obituaries. I found both obits to be the words of someone trying to give a glimps of the people they are commemorating, to be small portraits of the passions that moulded their personalities and were intended to represent a true character in time and not just recount a lineage and give reference dates.

But that is just my opinion only.

I don't believe it was ever mentioned that the brother of EG was a drinker, if I recall correctly, it was the brother who mentioned that WM and EG were a little more into their cups than he would have preferred. Which may mean he is not the type of person who would want to have it insinuated that he had a reputation as a drinker, in my opinion.

And honestly, I don't really think that either obituary was that strange. There is more than one way to write an obituary, and as I recall it was even an assignment in grade school for most people at one point, and the teachers weren't happy with a simple "Child of so-and-so, cousin to so-and-so, born then, died now...", they all had us practice writing more uniquely personal, creative obituaries. I found both obits to be the words of someone trying to give a glimps of the people they are commemorating, to be small portraits of the passions that moulded their personalities and were intended to represent a true character in time and not just recount a lineage and give reference dates.

But that is just my opinion only.

Right. I agree with you. What I remember reading is that the brother implied his sister as being a drinker. Other than that, I disagree with you. Both obituaries were beyond strange and RED FLAGS in many ways.

Just my opinion.

ABro - Laura's ex-boyfriend wrote about her on this forum well before we knew that they (the OPP) were investigating her death. So what does that tell us?

Elizabeth was estranged from her family. She died. Someone (we don't know who but obviously not her immediate family) posted a creepy and weird obituary for her and no one has a clue? Hmmmm. Strange that?

moo

OFF TOPIC _ Um… When did we go "yellow"?
A few people mentioning this on other threads too. Looks like it happened today. I'm not seeing yellow either because I'm using Tapatalk or because I changed my setting to dark screen recently.

A bit off topic, but some similarities. Susan Clairmont is reporting on the Mark Staples murder trial in Hamilton. Staples is charged with the first degree murder of his father and sister- a crime that happened 17 years ago! The trial is expected to last several weeks. It's suggested that Staples murdered his father and sister so he would be sole beneficiary of the 1.4 million dollar estate. Today from SC's twitter as the lawyer who handled the fathers estate(and also MS's surety) testified:
"Law says one cannot benefit from their own wrong. If Mark was charged with murders before his dad's estate was settled, he wouldn't benefit."
https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

So if WM's estate wasn't settle before DM was charged with his murder, apparently he will more than likely get zip, nadda the big fat zero from it, just as some speculated/suggested. Of course unless some strings were pulled in order to hurry and get the estate settled pronto before murder charges were laid in WM's death. I wonder if WM listed any other persons in his will? MB possibly? Although they were divorced, one never knows. After all he was known to be a generous, caring man. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back