Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 1m1 minute ago
Pillay is asking that #Millard be allowed to bring his computer to court. Justice Maureen Forestell asks if that would be a problem. It wouldn't, court officer says.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 56s56 seconds ago
Millard stands and pleads “not guilty” to the Nov 29 2012 first degree murder of Wayne Millard. Crowns first witness is Janet Campbell, who was Wayne Millard’s romantic interest at the time.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 49s49 seconds ago
They're allowing the laptop. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s21 seconds ago
The first witness is Janet Campbell. #Millard

Liam Casey‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey 2m2 minutes ago
Back for Dellen Millard's third first-degree murder trial. This has been a long haul. Because there is no jury, due to his notoriety, we are skipping the opening statement from the Crown and into the first witness, wayne millard's romantic interest.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Crown Jill Cameron is doing her examination in chief. #Millard

Michele Mandel‏Verified account @MandelSun 2m2 minutes ago
Janet Campbell had spent hours on the phone with Millard’s dad into the early hours of day he was found with gunshot to left eye

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
First witness now being brought to the stand: Janet Campbell is sworn in. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 2m2 minutes ago
Janet Campbell is now being called. #Millard Sr. girlfriend was on the phone with Millard Sr. before he was killed by a gunshot wound to is eye. She swears to tell the truth in a pleasant, singsongy voice. Crown Jill Cameron asks her to speak up during testimony.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 48s49 seconds ago
Campbell says she grew up in Toronto. She says she was an adopted child, no siblings. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 36s37 seconds ago
Campbell grew up in #TO. Married to Toronto Police officer William Campbell. Wayne #Millard was a cousin of hers.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 37s38 seconds ago
Janet Campbell grew up in Toronto. "I think you might want to know I was an adopted child." Only child. Fred and Colleen Grimes were her adoptive parents. She married a Toronto police officer. They had one daughter. Wayne #Millard was her cousin.

Says she was married, and has one daughter. She was a cousin of Wayne Millard, by adoption. Wayne was a year older. They met as kids. #Millard

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 2m2 minutes ago
Crown Jill Cameron does not give an opening statement or overview when it is a judge alone trial. Janet Campbell is called as a witness. She says by way of background that she was adopted. Once married to a T.O cop. Met Wayne Millard as a kid, he was her cousin.

Wayne #Millard was one year older. They met as children, when their parents got together for visits. "We didn't see a lot of him because Wayne's mom and dad were busy building the business." Maybe once a month.

"We didn't see a lot of him because Wayne's mom and dad were busy building the business," Campbell says. They also saw each other through their teenage years. She also says "we dated." #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Crown Jill Cameron tracing over how well Campbell knew Wayne #Millard. Says she’d see him roughly “once a month” growing up. They dated at one point. “He was a pilot and loved it.”

She continued to see Wayne #Millard through her teen years. They dated. They went on trips when "they went to send the aircraft out for parts and stuff." "He was a pilot, and loved it," she says she would just ride along if he wanted company.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
She says she'd ride along with Wayne Millard on plane trips. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7s8 seconds ago
She says that after they later got married to other people, they didn't really keep in touch. #MIllard

Campbell says she and Wayne #Millard “didn’t keep in touch” in adulthood. He was involved in MillardAir family business, she later married.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 49s50 seconds ago
Carl #Millard was Wayne's father. They didn't keep in touch after marrying other people. "My life took a different turn as well." The Millard air business was at the Malton airport at the time. Now called Lester Pearson. Millardair was the name of the company. All one word.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
She says she met Wayne Millard's wife, Madeleine, after Wayne died. She met Millard at the same time, a "gathering after his death." #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 40s41 seconds ago
About Dellen #Millard: Campbell says she first met him at Wayne’s wake.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 37s38 seconds ago
Campbell met Madeleine Burns, Dellen's mother, at the gathering after Wayne #Millard's death. That was the first time she met Dellen as well.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
She says she sent a card to Wayne Millard after his father, Carl Millard, died. They spoken on the phone after that. Then they got back in touch in January of 2012. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 42s43 seconds ago
January 2012 is when she and Wayne #Millard reconnected. She doesn't think she had seen him for about six years, since Carl's death.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 55s56 seconds ago
"He had tried to get in touch with me and couldn't find my phone number," says another acquaintance emailed to tell her Wayne was trying to get in touch. Then Wayne #Millard emailed her to wish her happy new year.

"He got in touch with me and wished me a happy New Year." This was an email. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Campbell tells court Wayne #Millard got in touch with her thru email in Jan 2012 to wish her “a happy new year and for a quick visit.” They chatted by email and then by phone about his mother’s family.

She says she was tracing their genealogies at that time. They would go back and forth about it by phone and email, Campbell says. #Millard

She was studying family history, and they discussed details of Wayne's mother (her father's sister). In February 2012 after several exchanges they spoke on the phone. #Millard

"We just spoke more and more frequently as time went by. We would visit on the phone and we would talk about all kinds of things ... we would talk about music and books and what was happening." #Millard

They started to speak more frequently. "About all kinds of things, you know, like you do with your friends. Music and books and what was happening." They met in November, went to the hangar. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 47s48 seconds ago
Campbell says she and Wayne #Millard met at his hangar in Waterloo in Nov 2012 and went for lunch, watched a stunt plane do tricks.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s47 seconds ago
She says she met with Wayne Millard in November of 2012. Went for lunch, and went to the MillardAir hangar in Waterloo to watch a stunt aircraft. She says they also visited at their respective homes. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
She says Wayne Millard was "quite proud" of the hangar, and the business he had built. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 34s34 seconds ago
Campbell says Wayne #Millard showed her around the hangar. He was quite proud of it. Mentioned he was in business with his son, Dellen.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 28s28 seconds ago
Campbell understood the hangar to be a business with Wayne and Dellen, "to service aircraft." An MRO, the crown offered. "He was quite proud of it actually," Wayne took her through the hangar and showed her all the stuff and what it was for.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 52s53 seconds ago
Campbell says she understood Wayne and Dellen were in business with each other at the time. #Millard

She says she and the elder Millard saw each other about four times leading up to his death. On another visit they were looking over family pictures and a genealogy book. #Millard

She saw him four times face to face in 2012, she believes. Once at the Kitchener-Waterloo airport. Once at #Millard home on Maple Gate in Etobicoke. They looked at pictures from the genealogy book she had put together. Maybe four days after the hangar visit. They spoke often

They were also speaking frequently by phone and email around this time -- sometimes three or four times a day, she says. #Millard

She laughs, "he called frequently." Sometimes three or four times a day. He was in touch much more starting in September. How did Wayne seem to you from September to November? Crown asks. A lot more positive, she says. The business was going well. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 59s59 seconds ago
Campbell says she continued talking to Wayne #Millard over the phone quite often in months following. He seemed much more positive. Business was going well.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 55s55 seconds ago
"He was a lot more positive. Things were sort of coming together at that point," Campbell says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 18s19 seconds ago
Campbell says the elder Millard also talked to her about a licensing requirement for the business. #Millard

At one point, Campbell says Wayne #Millard discussed a “licensing requirement” for the business with her. Eventually he’d received license to go ahead with airplane maintenance business.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 35s36 seconds ago
She remembers Wayne needed one more thing to be licensed for the business, and then he got the license, in and around November 2012. The third time she saw him they went to the hangar and things had changed. Wayne pointed them out to her, but she doesn't remember them. #Millard

The third time they met in person, they went to the hangar again, she says. They toured around and he "pointed out a lot of things ... then he came back to my place and he asked if he could stay over, and I said yes ... he stayed over until the next afternoon." #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 46s47 seconds ago
Wayne asked if he could stay over after that third visit and she said yes. He didn't need to call Dellen, he said his son would just know that Wayne had spent the night with Campbell. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 57s57 seconds ago
Campbell says when she and Wayne #Millard met the last time, he asked to stay over st her place. She asked if he wanted to call his son to let him know where he was. “He said he’d know he was here.”

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 43s43 seconds ago
November 26 2012 was the last time she saw Wayne #Millard. It was a romantic relationship. "I think he cared deeply for me."

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 37s37 seconds ago
Campbell says she would describe their relationship as romantic at this point. "I think he cared deeply for me." #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 23s23 seconds ago
Campbell says Wayne #Millard seemed “fine...positive” when he stayed over. Was having “back problems,” however. He was in a motorized scooter that had once belonged to his father. Couldn’t walk for long periods.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8s8 seconds ago
She says when they spent the night together, Millard seemed "fine." He didn't have any illnesses aside from back problems that she knew of. He was getting around sometimes in a motorized scooter that had once belonged to his father, she says. #Millard

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 7s7 seconds ago
Janet Campbell testifies at Millard’s murder trial. Says she meet with Wayne Millard in person Nov 18 2012. Saw him in his home in Etobicoke and at the hangar. Campbell: Wayne cared deeply for me. He was positive. “Things were coming together”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeiEKM0WAAcNw3d.jpg

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 49s49 seconds ago
Wayne was having back problems, which she can relate to, she says. He was using a motorized scooter that had belonged to his father. Walking on concrete was difficult at the hangar but he could walk without the scooter, she says. He could use stairs. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
She says Wayne could use the stairs without assistance in her home. Campbell says he didn't complain about any physical or mental ailments otherwise. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 27s27 seconds ago
Campbell says Wayne #Millard didn’t tell her if any other problems or ailments at the time.

Campbell now speaking of visiting Wayne #Millard’s home on Maple Gate. “It wasn’t a lady’s home...It was pretty sparse, I’d say...It wasn’t cozy.”

Cameron asks how Millard's house seemed at the time. "Well ... It wasn't a ladies house," Cambell says. The courtroom laughs. "It wasn't cozy." #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 58s58 seconds ago
She mostly sat at Wayne's desk at Maple Gate, but she also went in his bedroom to look at photos in his dresser. The house was, "well, it wasn't a ladies house..." she laughs. "It was pretty sparse, but there was furniture I remember from Aunt Dell's.... It wasn't cozy." #Millard

She says they had been making plans to go to Stratford in the future to work on tracing their genealogies. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 55s56 seconds ago
Wayne #Millard was anxious to go to Stratford to visit the cemetery and investigate family history, she says. "He was planning for my birthday. He was much more excited about my birthday than I was."

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 3s4 seconds ago
In later months, Campbell describes Wayne #Millard as being “anxious to go to #Stratford” for a trip. Family ties there. Was to happen shortly after her birthday on Dec 4.

So WM and JC first reconnected in Jan 2012. Spent from Jan-Nov 2012 talking on the phone "several times a day" and finally first got together in early Nov 2012 where she met him at the Waterloo hangar. Their relationship then turned "romantic" and they were spending a lot of time together during that month. WM felt that DM would "know where he was" when he stayed at her home so DM was aware of the relationship.

By the end of the month, he was dead. Looks like another possible motive to me.

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 40s41 seconds ago
They were making plans for her birthday on Dec. 4, she says. "He was coming to my place and he was planning a cake. He had specified that he wanted that day off, he didn't want any business that day. He was more excited about my birthday than I was." #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 38s39 seconds ago
Campbell's birthday was Dec 4. Wayne #Millard was going to come to her house. "He was planning a cake. I don't need it," she laughs. "He specified he wanted that day off, he didn't want any business that day. He had purchased a gift for me, a card."

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 46s46 seconds ago
Campbell says Wayne #Millard was excitedly planning for her birthday. Had a cake ready, wanted to deal with no business on that day. “He was more excited for my birthday than I was.”

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 36s36 seconds ago
Campbell is looking at an email Wayne #Millard sent her that shows he wasn't taking any business Dec. 4th, and he made that clear to business associates. Court now looking at the email.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 32s32 seconds ago
Cameron is now showing the court an email that Wayne Millard sent, advising some business associates that he couldn't meet on Dec. 4 -- which was Campbell's birthday. #Millard

Mark Carcasole‏Verified account @MarkCarcGlobal 19s19 seconds ago
Crown shows Campbell an email from one of Wayne #Millard’s business associates proposing a meeting for Dec 4, Campbell’s birthday. Millard tells them he’s not available that day.

So WM and JC first reconnected in Jan 2012. Spent from Jan-Nov 2012 talking on the phone "several times a day" and finally first got together in early Nov 2012 where she met him at the Waterloo hangar. Their relationship then turned "romantic" and they were spending a lot of time together during that month. WM felt that DM would "know where he was" when he stayed at her home so DM was aware of the relationship.

By the end of the month, he was dead. Looks like another possible motive to me.

MOO
And it sure didn't take him long to figure that 3 was a crowd. The thoughts of WM confiding to a love interest or worse yet, marrying someone was a risk DM didn't want to take. MOO

And it sure didn't take him long to figure that 3 was a crowd. The thoughts of WM confiding to a love interest or worse yet, marrying someone was a risk DM didn't want to take. MOO

She sure sounds like a great witness to counteract the impression that DM was trying to float at the previous trials that WM was a depressed, crippled alcoholic with nothing to live for.

MOO

Campbell says she didn’t meet with Wayne #Millard on her birthday. Last she spoke to him was Nov 28, 2012.

She says she didn't meet him on her birthday. The last time she spoke to him was Nov. 28 -- the day he died. They spoke on the phone that evening. "He was quite a night owl. Always had been as a youth. We spoke for several hours on the phone, as usual." #Millard

Did you meet up with Wayne on your birthday? No. Last time she spoke to him was 28th of November. "We spoke on the phone that evening. He was quite a night owl, always had been. We spoke for several hours, as usual." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s39 seconds ago
She says they spoke "until the middle of the morning," around 3 a.m. on Nov 29. #Millard

They spoke on the phone for “several hours” that night, till about 3:00 the following morning. Talked about his business mostly and general chit-chat. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s47 seconds ago
She says they were talking about "everything," but especially his business. Says Millard was pleased about a curtain system that was going in for the paint shop at the hangar. #Millard

Lisa Hepfner‏ @LisaHepfnerCHCH 22s23 seconds ago
It was about 3am when they finally ended their phone call, Nov 29, 2012. "We talked about everything.... He shared a tremendous amount about the business. #Millard had found a curtain system that would work in his paint shop, and a fall arrest system, that was expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery