Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So DM and possibly MB were calmly telling the officers why this was likely a suicide. o_O

No distraught family member would behave in this way after finding their loved one deceased if they weren't responsible IMO.
How far away was MB's house from Maple gate again? Strange she didn't instruct DM to call police like a normal person with nothing to hide. Instead they wait until she gets there.

So DM and possibly MB were calmly telling the officers why this was likely a suicide. o_O

No distraught family member would behave in this way after finding their loved one deceased if they weren't responsible IMO.

Several times throughout the TB trial, DM's calmness to incidents and situations were mentioned, by both LE and DM himself. Don't expect a normal social response from DM IMO.

He is is a sociopath at best. MOO

How far away was MB's house from Maple gate again? Strange she didn't instruct DM to call police like a normal person with nothing to hide. Instead they wait until she gets there.

It was 30-40 minutes away. Although I've heard she was out with JS at the time. Nothing confirmed on that though. I totally agree. Why on earth would she have not told DM to call 911?! Why wouldn't he have done it first? It's everyone's immediate reaction to a scene like that. Why wouldn't the officers find that suspicious?

MOO

Several times throughout the TB trial, DM's calmness to incidents and situations were mentioned, by both LE and DM himself. Don't expect a normal social response from DM IMO.

He is is a sociopath at best. MOO

Yes but the officers and paramedics didn't know that. It must have seemed odd to them. How many of these calls do they go on where someone is so calm and matter of fact about a gun death?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Nimmo says Burns was still upset at this point. Millard still "wasn't showing any overt signs of emotion," he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Dellen told him in that conversation that he stayed with his father three to four times a week. Burns said she hadn't seen her ex-husband in about a year. They last spoke by email about two weeks prior, he said. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Nimmo says at this point, he had made no determination about how Millard might have died. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s42 seconds ago
Crown asks if there was any thought at that time that this might be a criminal matter. Nimmo says no. #Millard

It was 30-40 minutes away. Although I've heard she was out with JS at the time. Nothing confirmed on that though. I totally agree. Why on earth would she have not told DM to call 911?! Why wouldn't he have done it first? It's everyone's immediate reaction to a scene like that. Why wouldn't the officers find that suspicious?

MOO

Agreed! And the fact that the officer said she called 911 suspecting he was dead. If she didn't know when she called, she surely didn't know when DM called her. Calling 911 immediately could have been the difference between life and death if you didn't know the person was dead. MOO

The paramedics couldn't look around the area and see a gun on the floor beside the bed?

How could they have perceived this as a natural death of an alcoholic other than by what the family members were saying? Did they see any excessive empty bottles lying around the room?

I know right? If DM shot his father, he waited all the next day for someone to discover him. Then he had to go to the house and say that he found him himself. Then he called 911 and had to stand back wondering why medics and police were saying he just died and was bleeding because he was an alcoholic. Did DM finally have to say "Oh look there's a gun down beside the bed."?

I wish this could be included and can't understand why it isn't allowed. It's not as though it's hearsay evidence. JC can get on the stand and swear it happened. Doesn't seem right.
You know... at first when I read your post, I was going to hit 'reply' to say - think about it as if it were yourself, and how would you be feeling *then*, if 3 years after the fact, a witness suddenly comes up with a certain piece of information which happened on the night OF, which could possibly make you look guilty.

But in this particular case, my first thoughts are not right, because at the time when JC was giving her statements, she had NO IDEA that WM's death was being considered as other than she had already been told, a suicide, AND she had NO IDEA that in the event it WAS something else, that a possible perp would be his own SON.

So in *THIS* case, dang right it should be allowed! I feel so far like the Crown is not assertive or forceful enough. Why not question the officers as to what other possible causes of WM's death they considered at the scene, or why they did not collect any samples whatsoever from the scene, to ensure a proper investigation on behalf of the deceased, considering there was no suicide note. Seems pretty basic. Also, perhaps enquire from the officers how much their opinion/perspective was influenced by being told repeatedly at the scene that the deceased had an alcohol problem?

I'd like to know how often does this happen where an individual dies and perhaps family members wish authorities to believe it was suicide, and have tales, perhaps true tales, about the deceased's vices? The worst part is that when we're talking about suicides, it is almost never in the news... so therefore, in addition to whatever is NOT done to verify things at the scene, others, who may potentially have had information of importance, are completely left in the dark, because they don't even necessarily know about the death in the first place, until possibly much later. Or they find out about the death, but like in *this* case, they are told the death was due to a medical condition, as opposed to the actual cause, which was a gunshot wound! jmo

Wondering if there will be an investigation into the actions of the Police Dept. when this trial is done? So many things seem to have been done haphazardly. Can't find the link, but noticed Officer Lee followed the transport vehicle carrying the body to the morgue, and then returned to oversee the scene for the rest of the night. I wonder if this is normal? It seems to me he should have remained at the scene to keep it secure, and if needed another office accompany the vehicle????

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Nimmo says Millard told him at that time he had seen father around noon the day before. He came to the house and found father around 6:30 p.m. on Nov 29. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 26s27 seconds ago
Then, he called his mother. Millard also spoke about his father having back problems, like a slipped disc, and was taking percocets. Burns also said her ex-husband had been a drinker for decades. #Millard

**Now you see, there is no way I'd be offering up this info to LE if I found a family member of mine dead in bed with blood all over the place. I'd be waiting for them to come to me with their theories after a thorough investigation before offering up any info that the death may have been self inflicted. Especially if there was no note and the person was not in any obvious state of deep depression prior to the event.

So LE were told that there may be up to 4 guns in a safe in the house. The licenced owner is laying deceased. They spend about 10 minutes trying to open the safe and give up. They never try to find/investigate or remove the guns from the house even though the only licenced owner is now deceased.

Even though I’m convinced in this case Dellen is responsible, I think you might be surprised at how some people react in situations like this.

Wondering if there will be an investigation into the actions of the Police Dept. when this trial is done? So many things seem to have been done haphazardly. Can't find the link, but noticed Officer Lee followed the transport vehicle carrying the body to the morgue, and then returned to oversee the scene for the rest of the night. I wonder if this is normal? It seems to me he should have remained at the scene to keep it secure, and if needed another office accompany the vehicle????

It’s common for an officer to follow the body to the morgue and yes, another officer would remain on scene to keep it secure. If the officer doesn’t have a partner, they’ll just arrange for another car to come over in the meantime. There’s no indication that wasn’t done, that I can see.

So the bag was wedged between the dresser and the bed. Probably something WM had put there when he used the bag, not realizing it was from a yoga clothing store. Probably found it thrown somewhere in the house and picked it up when he was going shopping for something. Can't see frugal WM paying for shopping bags.

So DM probably just put the gun at the level of WM's outstretched left hand and dropped it. It landed on/in the bag that was beside the bed.

MOO

I agree with your opinion. I dont see anything unusual about the bag or the spot the gun landed. Even if the gun first landed on the bed it could have bounced off. Stuff falls off my bed and lands in between my bed and the dresser all the time.

This was another straight to indictment right after CN's room was raided, so we will have to wait for the letters. MOO
I don't believe this case was straight to indictment, IIRC. I remember there being a preliminary hearing, the outcome of which was not ever published - I am thinking because at the time (January 2016), the news of the judge sending the case to trial would have been too publicized and prejudicial to the accused because of the other trial. - I believe the Bosma trial was just getting started in the same month.

"CTV Kitchener
Published Monday, January 4, 2016 10:35AM EST
Last Updated Monday, January 4, 2016 6:44PM EST

The preliminary hearing for one of the three murders Dellen Millard is accused of committing was scheduled to begin Monday in Toronto.

Monday’s hearing relates to the death of his father, Wayne Millard, whose death was initially ruled a suicide."

Preliminary hearing for Dellen Millard in father’s death set to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member