Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM has gotten pretty lucky with these conflicting testimonies from the police and coroner about the bag with the gun being moved...eek.

Everyone that is testifying seems to be driving home how inept this "investigation" was. In fact they are driving home that there was no investigation. It was ruled a suicide.

I can't see how this is in DM's favour in this trial. It certainly was at the time though.

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s38 seconds ago
Hutcheon says he was working the night shift, but was coming in early to relieve another officer. He then heard about the call for the sudden death -- this was around 8:45 p.m. on Nov. 29. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
He got at Millard's home just before 9 p.m. that night. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Hutcheon says he had a conversation with Madeleine Burns when he got there. He says it was mostly pleasantries and condolences. #Millard

"She was upset. You could tell she was physically shaken," he says. #Millard

Everyone that is testifying seems to be driving home how inept this "investigation" was. In fact they are driving home that there was no investigation. It was ruled a suicide.

I can't see how this is in DM's favour in this trial. It certainly was at the time though.

MOO

I was more thinking along the lines of it being impossible to determine whether the gun was in a position consistent with it falling from WM's hand after he shot himself, or whether the bag was in a position consistent with how the blood was dripping, or whether in fact either/both of these items could have been tampered with by someone before the authorities showed up to the call. But because there is confusion about what the authorities on the scene did or did not do, it is impossible to say with any certainty if and when things could have been touched or moved on the scene beforehand, which I think could be lucky for DM as that's a whole line of evidence and questioning he doesn't have to worry about.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 41s42 seconds ago
Hutcheon says he doesn't believe he spoke with Dellen Millard yet at this point. Then, he went into the bedroom, where Millard's body was found. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 53s53 seconds ago
He describes in court how Millard's body was found: on his side with his right arm underneath his head, and his left arm outstretched off the bed. #Millard

He says at this point, the coroner went up and pulled off the bedsheets. He says Millard was wearing black underwear and a white shirt. He's also describing how blood was dripping down off the bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 45s46 seconds ago
He says the sheets were originally pulled up around Millard's shoulders, before the coroner pulled them down. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s38 seconds ago
Hutcheon says the coroner "reached down and picked up the bag ... he pulled it out, and there was a handgun revolver on the top of the bag." #Millard

I have to step away for a bit, probably 30 minutes or so. I'll be back to continue tweets ASAP. If anyone can pick up for me in the meantime that would be great, otherwise I will get us back on track when I return.

MOO

I can see it being important if Pillay is successful in getting DM's statement tossed. There doesn't seem to be any indication yet that we'll have data forensics beyond cell tracking, and if there are no BS statements to hold up against the objective facts then all we may be left with is a guy who may have gone back to his own house for a while in the middle of the night. :(

Almost sounds like the police are making it sound like the coroner incompetency on the scene. He says he didn’t physically move the bag, 2 officers so far say he picked up the bag.

This trial is very back n forth confusing!!

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
He says the coroner picked up the bag and pulled it out -- this runs contrary to what Evans just testified. That makes two police officers saying the coroner did this, but Evans denies this. #Millard

About 20 minutes ago, Evans said he would not move anything at a crime scene, adding: "I have to leave evidence at the scene as it was." But now two police officers have testified that he did. #Millard

We're now seeing photos of Millard's body again, lying in bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Hutcheon again says the sheets here, which are down around Millard's knees, were originally up around his shoulders. #millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
He says he also saw "powder burns on the pillow." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
We're now seeing more photos of Millard's body -- in one of them, the powder burn on the pillow can be clearly seen. #Millard

Pulled up to his shoulders, with the left arm out? Had to be if rigor mortis set in with the left arm in that position.

So much detail of the initial scene is coming across convoluted in these posts. MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Millard told him the last time he'd seen his dad alive was on Wed, Nov. 28 at noon. There were a couple of people there for a business meeting. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Hutcheon says he called his staff sergeant, and advised him the death could have suspicious circumstances. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Hutcheon says "lots of things" made him think this death was suspicious. "The first thing the first thing Dellen Millard did when he found his dad deceased was not to call 911, but to call his mother ... and they waited until she arrived at the home to call 911," he says #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
We're now on lunch until 2:15 p.m. #Millard

Pulled up to his shoulders, with the left arm out? Had to be if rigor mortis set in with the left arm in that position.

So much detail of the initial scene is coming across convoluted in these posts. MOO

Unclear if he's talking about bed sheets or about the orange EMS sheet that the paramedics put on the body...

EDIT: I see in Adam's tweet it says bed sheets. My mistake!

It may even turn out that the cab was a deliberate setup of an alibi. Taken somewhere else completely, where a vehicle was stashed or something.
The taxi driver is scheduled as a witness it looks like. They needed a translator for Punjbi , so I am guessing it is the taxi driver. I cannot understand why he had to take a a taxi? It is like in the first trial I did not understand why DM or MS would show up at the Bosma house where Sharlene and another tenant could identify them.
Looks like either the police or coroner lied re. the bag near the bed.

MOO

I agree. The prosecution is in an awkward position. They have to open the door by introducing evidence to account for how a suicide death later became a homicide, even if it does make their witnesses appear inept.

Just a hunch, that’s the context of this first part of the prosecution’s case but later they’ll move on to attempting to prove why DM is the person guilty of that murder.

The taxi driver is scheduled as a witness it looks like. They needed a translator for Punjbi , so I am guessing it is the taxi driver. I cannot understand why he had to take a a taxi? It is like in the first trial I did not understand why DM or MS would show up at the Bosma house where Sharlene and another tenant could identify them.
Looks like either the police or coroner lied re. the bag near the bed.

Can't remember the exact dates, but MH did testify at the TB trial that he drove DM around because he lost his license. Either way, taxi records and cell pings should show if DM was lying about last seeing WM on Wednesday.

I can see it being important if Pillay is successful in getting DM's statement tossed. There doesn't seem to be any indication yet that we'll have data forensics beyond cell tracking, and if there are no BS statements to hold up against the objective facts then all we may be left with is a guy who may have gone back to his own house for a while in the middle of the night. :(

I thought Pillay had tried and was not successful in getting DM's statements thrown out?

Wait a minute. Wasn't the whole reason DM went to house in the first place because he hadn't heard from/spoken to his dad for a few days and was "concerned"? I was sure I read that, but without the search feature working here it's impossible to find anything. But now we're hearing he last saw him just the day before.

ETA

"William Smith, the paramedic who responded to a call for a cardiac arrest, testified that Wayne Millard was cold to the touch when he entered the bedroom on the night of Nov. 29. He said Dellen Millard told him that he “tried to get a hold of his father for a few days, came over to the house, found him dead in the bed and called us.”
Wayne Millard had made plans to celebrate girlfriend’s birthday before death, trial hears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr