Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
He technically retired in 2010, Evans says, but he still helped out as an investigating coroner on cases when needed in the city on a case by case basis. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Evans says he got a phone call from dispatch on the evening of Nov. 29, sometime after 8 p.m. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"I picked up my bag and I went to the address given," Evans says. It was Millard's home. #Millard

Ontario forensic pathologists get expanded role in homicide investigations

This article is from August, 2013. As there’s always a reason for governments to change their processes, it would seem the Province of Ontario came to realize Forensic Pathologists should sometimes become involved in sudden deaths. A Coroner, a physician, obviously isn’t as skilled as a Forensic Pathologist in recognizing what might be a murder, especially in the event of a staged crime scene.
Link here;
Ontario forensic pathologists get expanded role in homicide investigations

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Evans is now describing what Millard's home when he got there. He says he received initial information, that the "deceased had been found by the son who had come to visit, and was rather surprised to find him in bed." #Millard

A police sergeant then took him to the bedroom where Millard's body was lying. He says Millard was in bed with the blankets up on him. He says there was blood coming down from his left eye, and blood from his nose. "There didn't appear to be any blood from the mouth." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s25 seconds ago
"I wanted to see how much blood, if I could estimate, how much blood loss there'd been down the side of the bed and how much might be on the floor," Evans says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10s11 seconds ago
"Whilst I was tracing down the side of the bed, there was a plastic bag there, and I pushed it aside to have a better look, and that's when I noticed the gun," Evans says. #Millard

Just a note - None of the other reporters that attended trial the first day are tweeting, apart from AC.

He says he then asked police about the gun, and at that time they hadn't seen it. He then had to wait for a forensic photographer to take photos. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 25s26 seconds ago
Evans says he touched the body to see if rigor mortis had set in. He says it was "complete" at this point -- meaning you can't unbend a bent arm. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 15s16 seconds ago
He says rigor mortis "becomes full" around 18 to 20 hours after death. If a body is in a warm environment, it's a shorter process, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 20s21 seconds ago
He says Millard's body was lying on it's left side, with his right arm under the left side of his face, with his left arm jutting out off the side of the bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 50s51 seconds ago
The "lividity" in this situation (gravity bringing blood down down in the body) showed Millard likely died when on his side, he says. #Millard

The Crown asks how much he moved the bag. Evans says it was a "heavy plastic carrying bag. It was close to the side of the bed. All I did with my glove and was just push it over." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 59s59 seconds ago
"I just moved the side of the bag, and the gun appeared to be lying on the bottom of the side of that bag." Evans also says he never held up the bag or showed it to anyone. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 27s27 seconds ago
That runs counter to evidence we've already heard from an officer last week, who testified he saw Evans pick up the bag with the gun in it. #Millard

This leaves me flabbergasted. Is he saying someone found shot in bed, alcohol in their system, relatives claim he was alone, then odds are it’s suicide? Everyone can go home now, case closed.

@AdamCarterCBC 17m
Evans says the classification is based on the "balance of probabilities." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s35 seconds ago
Evans says the family had said Millard had old guns, but had "sold" them. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
Evans says he then waited for investigators to come and take photos. He says he also spoke with Millard and his mother, Madeleine Burns, at some point around this time. #Millard

Evans says Burns indicated to him that Millard was a "heavy drinker since his late 20s," but no significant medical history. He says both Burns and Millard said Wayne had dealt with "bouts of depression." #Millard

Once police were done, he went back to examining Millard's body. #Millard

He says he noted again the bleeding from the left eye, and there was no other evidence from injury. When he fully examined him, he noticed the "left eye was absent." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 41s42 seconds ago
He says he assumed then this was a gunshot wound to the head. #Millard

There was no evidence of any exit wound, he says. Evans says he didn't touch the gun at any point. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 49s49 seconds ago
We're now seeing photos of Millard's body that have already been shown in court. #Millard

He's pointing out the blood stain on the mattress, and the bag with the gun in it, in the photos. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 56s57 seconds ago
The Crown asks him where the bag was when he first discovered it. Evans pauses for several seconds, and then says "I think it was further in" between the dresser and the bed. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 58s59 seconds ago
Evans is also talking about the "lividity" of the body again -- basically, blood settling is making Millard's body look like it's turning blue/purple. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s20 seconds ago
Evans also says you can see dried blood on the bag where the gun was found. #Millard

Evans says all he did was move the side of the bag and "didn't physically move the bag." But he also says it looks like it was moved because of where the bloodstain on the bag would line up with the blood dripping down the side of the bed. #Millard

He's saying he pushed the side of the bag to the left over towards the dresser. But if you follow the bloodstain, it appears someone pulled the bag out, to the right. #Millard

Evans says the gun was sitting on the bottom part of the left side of the bag. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s33 seconds ago
A police officer testified that he saw Evans pick up the bag hold it up. Evans says that didn't happen, and he just shifted the side of the bag. But photo evidence appears to show the bag being moved being pulled out a bit from in between the bed and the dresser. #Millard

Now seeing this photo. Evans says "I think that's how it was." #Millard
De2wjU8UcAIYtK6.jpg

"Part of the information was given that according to the son, the house was locked when he came." However the police did comment that the sliding door to the bedroom was unlocked, he says. #Millard

Ok, so we may get an answer soon

Jun 4 2018 11:03 AM
Evans says he asked for an autopsy here, because it was a "non-natural death."
Adam Carter
0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg

Now seeing this photo. Evans says "I think that's how it was." #Millard
De2wjU8UcAIYtK6.jpg

"Part of the information was given that according to the son, the house was locked when he came." However the police did comment that the sliding door to the bedroom was unlocked, he says. #Millard
If the door to the bedroom was unlocked that gives DM s lawyer an opening to say anyone could have murdered Wayne Millard.

Evans says "at this time [the police] had no concerns." He says there was no obvious suicide note. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s17 seconds ago
Evans says he asked for an autopsy here, because it was a "non-natural death." #Millard

Evans just said in his report, the bag was found "wedged between" the bed and the dresser. If that's the case, I don't understand how he could have pushed it. He would have had to pull it out. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s22 seconds ago
Evans just said in his report, the bag was found "wedged between" the bed and the dresser. If that's the case, I don't understand how he could have pushed it. It would have had to have been pull it out. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Evans says the pathologist reported to him that the bullet was found lodged in the right side of Millard's brain. Cause of death: a gunshot wound to the head. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Evans says there appeared to be soot on the pillow where Millard was lying. #Millard

Evans says in his "A" report, he classified Millard's death as a suicide. #Millard

A committee said no toxicology report was needed at the time, so it wasn't done. #Millard

IT is sad to hear that Wayne Millard had a drinking problem for many years. I guess that is why DM was able to take over the house and do what he wanted.
The father probably was out of it most of the time. If he was also taking oxycontin that is a powerful painkiller, mixed with alcohol, I am sure he was out of it a lot of the time and DM knew that.
I read something during the first trial that both parents were alcoholics and that they were found often in the afternoon very drunk.
Sadly, and I believe he was murdered, if he had not been unless he got help it is likely he could have died from health complications of being a heavy drinker.
I am sure DM did nothing to help his father and the sooner his father died that better, so he could have the inheritance.
He made the life of his father a living hell, by bringing in all kinds of characters to live at the house and have drugs around.
It appears other from the past gf , Wayne Millard had no one looking out for him.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s39 seconds ago
Now moving on to his "B" report from May of 2013. Here, toxicology is "re-requested," the Crown says. That was due to a conversation between the pathologist and Toronto police. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
By this point, Millard had been charged with first-degree murder in other cases -- so police decided to do a toxicology screen based on his father's blood. We heard previously there was alcohol in his blood. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Millard had 85 mg of alcohol in his system, Evans says -- so he was over the legal limit of 80. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Decomposition also creates alcohol in a dead person's system, Evans says. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties