Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Falconer is now talking about how the exhibits were stored, and how "forensic quality copies" were made of these hard drives. Basically, police make copies of all the drives, and examine those. That way they don't damage or change anything on the originals. #Millard

The original hard drives are then stored securely, he says.
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

Last edited:
Here are the tweets surrounding the toxicology report...

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Evans says the pathologist reported to him that the bullet was found lodged in the right side of Millard's brain. Cause of death: a gunshot wound to the head. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Evans says there appeared to be soot on the pillow where Millard was lying. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Evans says in his "A" report, he classified Millard's death as a suicide. #Millard

A committee said no toxicology report was needed at the time, so it wasn't done. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s39 seconds ago
Now moving on to his "B" report from May of 2013. Here, toxicology is "re-requested," the Crown says. That was due to a conversation between the pathologist and Toronto police. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
By this point, Millard had been charged with first-degree murder in other cases -- so police decided to do a toxicology screen based on his father's blood. We heard previously there was alcohol in his blood. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Millard had 85 mg of alcohol in his system, Evans says -- so he was over the legal limit of 80. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Decomposition also creates alcohol in a dead person's system, Evans says. #Millard

Does the 're-requested' imply that TPS had requested a tox report in the beginning? Does it imply the coroner or the pathologist doing the autopsy requested one in the beginning? I am 'presuming' that if TPS had requested one, it would have been done. I am 'presuming' that if either of the coroner or the pathologist wanted one done, but the other guy did not want one done, it would then go to a committee to decide. This seems like it would be a good case for a coroner's inquest... teaching tool.. ?

Does the 're-requested' imply that TPS had requested a tox report in the beginning? Does it imply the coroner or the pathologist doing the autopsy requested one in the beginning? I am 'presuming' that if TPS had requested one, it would have been done. I am 'presuming' that if either of the coroner or the pathologist wanted one done, but the other guy did not want one done, it would then go to a committee to decide. This seems like it would be a good case for a coroner's inquest... teaching tool.. ?

I believe the coroner requested an autopsy and a toxicology report in the beginning. After the autopsy, when the coroner deemed it a suicide, the toxicology testing was denied by this "committee". I don't believe TPS requested anything. They took their lead from the coroner who deemed it a suicide. Homicide didn't even bother to attend to the scene after being contacted that night and said they would follow up the next day. I guess they didn't? Once the coroner made his "suicide" ruling 2 days later, the scene was released and the case was closed.

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
We're now seeing the boot up screen, which includes Steam, which runs automatically. There's also a blacked-out screen that has covered over the photo of Millard with the bloody eye that was ruled inadmissible this morning. #Millard

Falconer is now talking about how he looked through documents and photos to try to figure out who owned/used these computers. One computer included a rental agreement with Dellen Millard listed as the landlord, and a MillardAir proposal. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
This testimony is no doubt on the dry side so far -- but it could prove to be very important. Some of the most crucial evidence from the Bosma and Babcock trials came out of these presentations. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now23 seconds ago
Falconer is now talking about the general specs of another computer found in Millard's basement, which had a "Dellen" windows user account. #Millard

Falconer says the browsing history on this computer shows that it was being used by Millard's friend Andrew Michalski. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now3 seconds ago
Michalski's Steam, Skype and Facebook accounts were all found on this computer, he says. #Millard

Last edited:

The province just recently announced a review will take place to determine why concealed homicides are flying under the radar.

Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka
Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka | The Star

The issue is a photo of Millard from his Steam account, with a bloody eye. Pillay says it is "glorifying gratuitous violence," and is discreditable conduct, and should be inadmissible. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now25 seconds ago
The judge says it's "clearly discreditable conduct evidence." #Millard
[/QUOTE]

It's kinda funny that, being a judge-only trial, the judge is essentially deciding herself what evidence she can and can't use. So she has decided that the photo (or even just the involvement on a violent gaming site?) shows discreditable conduct on DM's part, and would therefore cause some prejudice against his character (I'm guessing), and yet in deciding this she has already seen the photo, so in some ways the damage is done, right? But I guess she just won't allow herself to take that particular thing into account when her making her judgment?

While I do see the obvious "discreditable conduct" element of the photo, I think the fact that it was posted prior to WM's death, and shows a very specific and unusual type of "injury", which just "happens" to be the same "injury" from which WM died, is very relevant and shows possible planning and forethought by DM, IMO. I guess they can't bring that up at all now? And what about the fact that MWJ, the person from whom we know DM bought the gun (based on other trials) that his father was shot with, also has a photo (and a tattoo!) depicting a very similar thing? It seems like an unlikely coincidence.

The province just recently announced a review will take place to determine why concealed homicides are flying under the radar.

Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka
Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka | The Star

It will not examine “active cases” like the death of Wayne Millard, 71, father of Dellen Millard, who is on trial for his murder. Wayne’s 2012 death in his Etobicoke home was ruled a suicide, but investigators reopened the case after his son was charged in two other killings. And it will not probe the December 2017 murders of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman, a Toronto police investigation that has been criticized for its apparent early focus on a theory of murder-suicide, rather than double homicide.

Falconer is still giving an overview of these devices -- remember, there are dozens of them. I'll start going more in depth again when he starts talking about what exactly was found on them.
by Adam Carter 12:46 PM

Here are the tweets surrounding the toxicology report...

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Evans says the pathologist reported to him that the bullet was found lodged in the right side of Millard's brain. Cause of death: a gunshot wound to the head. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 36s37 seconds ago
Evans says there appeared to be soot on the pillow where Millard was lying. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Evans says in his "A" report, he classified Millard's death as a suicide. #Millard

A committee said no toxicology report was needed at the time, so it wasn't done. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 38s39 seconds ago
Now moving on to his "B" report from May of 2013. Here, toxicology is "re-requested," the Crown says. That was due to a conversation between the pathologist and Toronto police. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
By this point, Millard had been charged with first-degree murder in other cases -- so police decided to do a toxicology screen based on his father's blood. We heard previously there was alcohol in his blood. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Millard had 85 mg of alcohol in his system, Evans says -- so he was over the legal limit of 80. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Decomposition also creates alcohol in a dead person's system, Evans says. #Millard

Thanks, Kamille, that was a lot of work on your part.

Reply to Kamille

Yes. Because these are “active cases”, why the breakdown occured would already be known therefore it wouldn’t be part of the review.

But it’s highly likely all the various recent cases are what prompted the review because that’s what shone the light on something being broken in the process.

We the public are seldom privy to any specific details other than what’s published in a high level summary report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member