Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about MB, who lived alone, being with JS that night. They both came to the Maplegate house after DM called his Mother to tell her that WM was dead. I wonder, were they together during the time WM was killed ? Did MB make sure she had an alibi because she knew that DM was going to take care of " the problem " which could cause them both to lose an inheritance if WM remarried and changed his will ? IMO
My thought was rather this: IF at all, DM arranged the alibi for her without her own knowledge. Maybe and MOO
He isn't stupid and he would have known, IF ever the possibility of a murder would be considered, LE first would "follow the money": DM and MB.
Maybe, MB was so upset at Maple Gate because she slightly guessed what might have happened (being not only an ex-wife but a mother in that shock situation).

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here know family law enough to answer this?
If MB. was awarded $5000/mo alimony, does it continue after WD's demise?
How could the estate ever be settled with this kind of liability outstanding to MB?
That's $60,000 per years for many years to come.
MB. would not be very happy if DM. killed the golden goose.
Does anyone know the law here?

It’s dependent on the wording of the agreement but if a clause isn’t included to limit the obligation upon the payers death, Canadian Courts have ruled the estate maintains the responsibility of paying alimony for the duration of the recipients lifetime. Probably that would be arranged through the estate purchasing an annuity.

For example, the Ontario case of Baker v. Baker dealt with an agreement between the spouses providing that spousal support payable by the husband was to continue for the duration of the recipient wife’s “natural life”. The court concluded that when the support provision was read together with the provision that bound the husband’s estate, it was clear that the parties intended that the payments continued as long as the wife was alive, and therefore the obligation survived the husband’s death......
support after death | FamilyLLB - Ontario Divorce & Family Law Blog

The thought of someone just waiting for their father to finish a telephone conversation with a person he loves so you can murder them is completely unimaginable.
A terrible thought, yes! BUT: DM maybe heard live exactly the things he didn't want to happen: how his optimistic father, at the time being successful in 1. get more healthy from day to day, 2. get back his loved childhood friend, 3. get the MRO license and 4. get the financing settled, how he would going to start the new business. If DM hated the business plans, his father had (business NOT like grandpa), he had a reason more to "put a stop" to it all. - MOO and thoughts.

rsbm
“Nobody has come forward to fully corroborate the discord in the Millard household — that is, other than Dellen himself, who would later write, “For twenty years, ever since my parents got divorced, I have been surviving one spiritual blow after another.
Wayward son
Wayward son (Adam Carter)
Even incarcerated, Millard’s self-confidence remains steadfast. “I’ve always been able to achieve extraordinary goals,” he writes. “I wished for a challenge worth devoting myself to. Seems I got it.”
OMG

Last edited by a moderator:
But it ripped his eyeball out.

The most I know about guns is that they are not all made equal. This “old school gun” was apparently an antique 32 caliber, a small gun. Google tells me 32 caliber is commonly used for small game hunting, squirrels, rabbits and such. It’s not a highly powerful weapon.

IIRC the coroner testified the bullet entered through the left eye and lodged in the right side of the brain. There was blood on the facial area, bed and floor as mentioned during early testimony. Although it’s not been mentioned, I’d assume a 32 caliber gun isn’t forceful enough to do much more than cause death once it entered the brain, hopefully instantly in this case.

My theory is DM went back to his fathers house by 3am, perhaps just to stay the night and overheard him talking sweet things on the phone to his girlfriend. Outraged, not unlike a jealous spouse but because he appears to have never been able to accept the breakdown of his parents marriage, the gun was in the basement and he used it. Then he went back to MSs in the early hours.

Nope. He bought an illegal gun to kill his father. He stayed at Smich's place as an alibi, leaving his phone and credit card to give the appearance that he was there all night. He said he was going on a date and coming back to Smich's (which he'd never done before), so why would he go to his dads place in the middle of the night. None of the facts match your scenario.

Last edited:
the MM testimony was not as helpful as I expected. She was vague and not believable after all the lies. Hoping the judge picks up on all the DM lies as well.
Doesn't matter. She has put the pieces in place for what happened that night. Phone records will show Millards phone being there that night, CC records will show his card was used to buy pizza, and taxi records will show a fare was picked up at that time and place and dropped off at Maplegate. You can think what you want about MM, but if facts are backing up the story she is telling, then there is no reason to disbelieve her.

Nope. He bought an illegal gun to kill his father. He stayed at Smich's place as an alibi, leaving his phone and credit card to give the appearance that he was there all night. He said he was going on a date and coming back to Smich's (which he'd never done before), so why would he go to his dads place in the middle of the night. None of the facts match your scenario.

Yes, he is in the category of an "organized serial killer". This was not random IMO. Within a few days he was texting MS about his plan to fire people, etc. He had a plan to run the "business" his way.

Was WM left handed as well? Why did DM pretend to put the gun in the left hand and police not ask if WM was left handed? I have read a person who is serious about shooting themselves will use their prominent hand.

I am just catching up from yesterday, so sorry if my comments have already been massively hashed out here.. really really disappointed in MM's testimony of what I have read so far,.. seems she has told too many lies and too many inconsistencies and memory failures to count on her. As mentioned in the post above, the pre-planning on DM's part is just incredible, imho. This really soaks him for murder one, as opposed to murder two. The thinking ahead to leaving one phone which could be traced as an alibi to say he was at MS's all night long.... the cc left to purchase pizza with, so that he could have the alibi of having bought pizza while there.. wow.. there was no way this was just a sudden act of having to get rid of JC before it was too late.. this was definitely preplanned strategically, for what sounds like a long time... also considering the particular gun he purchased for this murder - being an old fashioned gun, it would have fit right in with DM's narrative about WM having had guns in the past.
I'm so dumbfounded that police never bothered to check ANYTHING about the gun - registration/ID/imprint/serial number/whatever? DNA? It's not like this happened in the 80s. Why would they not have checked out the gun at the very LEAST, which would presumably have led to further investigation into things from there.
Do taxi companies keep records on where their fares get picked up and delivered to, times and dates, etc, and if so, for how long? Also considering his thinking ahead to use a taxi-cab that night...
Have you guys figured out what was up with Pedo that night yet?? If DM had brought Pedo with him over to MS's house, and left Pedo in Smich's care during his murder excursion, then returned to MS's house afterward... then left the next day... presumably to go to the hangar where he also had plenty of mechanics as witness to his whereabouts, - did he have Pedo with him at the hangar? How long was he there? Did Pedo stay in his vehicle while he was in the hangar (being end of November, assuming the dog could have withstood staying in his vehicle for a couple hours without ill effect??).. then finally having to go to Maplegate to discover the body himself, since nobody else had done so.. and saying that Pedo was there waiting for him.. what would be the whole purpose in that scenario?? But......... this in fact has screwed him... because.... if in fact, as DM said to police, Pedo was there 'waiting for him',.. why on earth would Pedo be at Maplegate when DM had NOT been at Maplegate for days?? He said last time he'd seen his dad was day before at a meeting at the hangar, correct? So....... he just leaves Pedo for days on end at his dad's place for his decrepit dad to take care of?? That is handy! (Not!)

edited to fix typos

Was WM left handed as well? Why did DM pretend to put the gun in the left hand and police not ask if WM was left handed? I have read a person who is serious about shooting themselves will use their prominent hand.
That seems like a pretty massive thing to leave out, so far, doesn't it??? Unless it's just that MSM is not reporting this little detail?

Another issue which seems to have incredibly been ignored... is even if police believed that 'old style' gun to have belonged to WM, and could not even be bothered to check out whether there was a gun registration for it, (nevermind whether that gun's serial number may have been recorded as having been stolen at some point, or used in a crime?????????),... at the very least, wouldn't they have wanted to get a warrant to search the premises to ensure there were no further 'old style' guns on site?? Here they have an approx 30 year old dude who obviously smokes pot, and has more money than smarts, who hosts parties which admittedly got out of control to the tune of some 300 people at least once - and they are going to just leave him with potentially a supply of illegal weapons at his and his friends' and his dealers' disposal???? That just doesn't make sense. moo.

I don't know...AM still has pictures on his facebook of DM and their antics, the red truck, the black trailer, etc. IMO, AM seems to have fond memories of that time despite all that's gone on.
Not to mention his dear mother, and his ex gf, and his ex fiance's mother, and his ex real estate agent, and his ex bookkeeper,.... is there anyone I missed?

ETA: Oops, forgot about SS!

Last edited:
If there will be more evidences supporting the MM testimony, the 1st will be sealed.

Probably no solid proof by the crown to put MS on stand too. Maybe sms messages were to encrypting to properly connect with the planning of the WM murder.
There really *should* be phone msgs between MS and DM which are related to this preplanning by DM. How did it come to be that DM stayed overnight at MS's, when this was not something that ever really happened? I'm sure he didn't just show up. What about MS knowing that DM was going on a 'date' with someone other than his then-current girlfriend (CN)? No text discussion on this, and wanting to hide it perhaps from MM? What about looking after the dog while he went out? What about leaving the phone and credit card while he went to murder Dad? Surely there must have been some kind of corroborating texts? moo

So DM stated in the video that MS was at work with him the day he came home to find Wayne. He said he drove Mark home and was reverse engineering the time it took to get from the hangar to his home, via Oakville. Didn’t Marlena testify that DM took them to lunch, then left on his own, without Mark? Surely, someone at the hangar will testify to whether Mark was there or not that day. Also, DM spoke of lots of mechanics at the hangar … I guess DM fired them all after Wayne’s death and only kept his key baffoon SS for his dirty work.

Just a general thought I have had for years ... a recent comment has me thinking about this again.

Did DM and WM actually that much free cash? Time and time again I see people comment on his wealth. Yes, it is well established they had a lot of money tied up in properties and the business/hanger.

But, the house is an utter mess from every picture that has been shown, old or cheaply made furniture, pictures not hung, beds without frames (or even sheets!). Only a couple new TV's (sitting without stands) suggest newer purchases. Further DM drove a 2000 GMC Yukon, a vehicle that was over 10 years old at the time of his arrest.

I suspect this was money that CM intentionally tied up for his beneficiaries. It looks like DM and WM came in to inherited wealth and had no clue how to manage it, MOO.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member