Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or - remember Pillay asked if the soot was tested (and the answer as I recall was no) He could try to argue the stains were something else entirely. Wouldn't be very credible, but he could try based on how carelessly the original crime scene seems to have been handled.
Isn't it just terrible how nothing at all was collected, nor tested? Just want to scream. RP can argue the pillow stain for all he's worth, but I believe there had to be GSR there, and there was in fact something right there, looking like GSR. What else would it have been, and if not GSR there, then where was it? Hoping the judge has a good knack for circumstantial, which I'm sure they all do. jmo.

If someone is able to hook me up with the photo of WM's bedroom that shows the dresser beside the bed, I would really appreciate it.

This man is very good, but it is still only one person's opinion, however expert -- which might be hard to accept as proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

The expert's analysis isn't "only one person's opinion". It is regarded as expert, scientific information. That's why the court spent time before he presented his findings, to establish that he was indeed an expert. Sutherland even stated that his findings were peer reviewed adding more weight to its credibility. The information that the expert provides will be treated by the judge as reliable. While Sutherland can't say who fired the gun, he certainly can form an expert opinion on whether or not it is likely that WM fired the gun himself. Sutherland's comment that he doesn't believe WM shot himself ought to lay to rest any thoughts that he committed suicide.

This is just a petty stupid thought I am having. Considering that it is obvious that a sooty stain was on the pillow WM's head was on and that GSR was found on WM's right hand, but not his left hand which is supposed to be what he shot himself with, and considering that the defence would have had all of the disclosure from the Crown and a list of witnesses, including the reconstructurist..... RP would've had a pretty dang good idea what that reconstructurist might say on the stand. For him to ask for next day, is there any chance he just wants to be a *advertiser censored* disturber and make the Crown have to pay for an extra day of expert witness?

It has been an interesting experience following all 3 trials. I don't think I would want to do it again.
I have never been called to be on a jury I am not sure I would want to be. If it was not a really serious criminal case maybe.
I was on some other groups on the internet in the first trial and unbelievable kind of characters in the group.
I think I prefer to stick to my culinary groups and few polititcal groups.

I have never been called to be on a jury I am not sure I would want to be. If it was not a really serious criminal case maybe.

If you get called and are chosen, you usually have no choice whether or not you serve on a jury. (They will make exceptions for trials that are expected to be lengthy or have very gruesome evidence. As well, they will make exceptions for nursing moms, caregivers of people with disabilities or caregivers of elderly people. A few professions like lawyers are automatically exempt.) However, for most people, you usually have no say in whether or not you serve on a jury and are legally obiligated to serve.

I've served on one trial that had no media attention. I spent one week waiting to be chosen from the jury panel (you have to be there for that, all day) and 4 days on the trial. My trial was relatively simple and we had no disagreements about the verdict (we were released without having to be sequestered after 4 hours of deliberation.) My husband served on 2 juries (neither had media attention)- he was only sequestered one night in a hotel for one trial. BTW, if you get called in the summer, the time you serve will sometimes be shorter as there are fewer

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how WM's head was so far away from the edge of the bed but yet the bloodflow from his eye socket made a path to flow down the side of the mattress instead of just making a huge puddle on the bed itself? In the very blurry crimescene photo posted above, and in this drawing done by Marianne Boucher in her tweet today (link below), which the reconstructionist made.. it just doesn't seem like blood would venture out that far to the edge of the mattress and then make its way down the side of the bed. Is it because we are missing too much perspective/photos?
marianne boucher on Twitter

Attachments

• Trial Jun14 drawing reconstructionist mariannebouchertweet.jpg
    Trial Jun14 drawing reconstructionist mariannebouchertweet.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 55
If you get called and are chosen, you usually have no choice whether or not you serve on a jury. (They will make exceptions for trials that are expected to be lengthy or have very gruesome evidence. As well, they will make exceptions for nursing moms, caregivers of people with disabilities or caregivers of elderly people. A few professions like lawyers are automatically exempt.) However, for most people, you usually have no say in whether or not you serve on a jury and are legally obiligated to serve.

I've served on one trial that had no media attention. I spent one week waiting to be chosen from the jury panel and 4 days on the trial. My trial was relatively simple and we had no disagreements about the verdict (we were released without having to be sequestered after 4 hours of deliberation.) My husband served on 2 juries (neither had media attention)- he was only sequestered one night in a hotel for one trial.
It seems like most people are willing to do their civic duty and become a juror in a trial if so asked... however, it really is super easy to not be a juror if one really doesn't want to. Health issues, financial issues of missing work, stay-at-home-moms of young kids, will all be excused if asked.. and one can always say 'no' that they would NOT be able to be impartial, for whatever reason.. a few were understandably not chosen at the TB trial for that reason.

The reconstructionist was an excellent witness. I only wish he had been able to take his work a couple steps further -

In that there was no gun residue on the left hand, why was it on the right hand, under the head? Is that an indication the body was repositioned immediately after death? We don’t know.

But more importantly, although he attempted to disprove a suicide took place, he left it at that. Unless I missed something, I thought he’d go on to create a possible scenario by duplicating the gun residue on the bed/pillows to prove a shooter was positioned beside the bed and dresser. But he didn’t do that. Was it because he was unable or wasn’t he asked to? We don’t know that either.

Last edited:
.. and one can always say 'no' that they would NOT be able to be impartial, for whatever reason.. a few were understandably not chosen at the TB trial for that reason.

Actually for low profile trials (no media coverage), you usually are not asked if you could be impartial. Neither my husband and I were ever asked, nor was anyone in our trials.

I did ask if my doctor at the time would be a witness and explained that I knew she served on a local sexual assault team at a local hospital that gathered evidence. The answer was "no" (the plaintiff in my sexual assault case went to another hospital, my doctor was not a witness). My

I had to serve.

The reconstructionist was an excellent witness. I only wish he had been able to take his work a couple steps further -

In that there was no gun residue on the left hand, why was it on the right hand, under the head? Is that an indication the body was repositioned immediately after death? We don’t know.

But more importantly, although he attempted to disprove a suicide took place, he left it at that. I thought he’d go on to create a possible scenario by duplicating the gun residue on the bed/pillows to prove a shooter was positioned beside the bed and dresser. But he didn’t do that. Was it because he was unable or wasn’t he asked to? We don’t know that either.
It seems like nobody has contested WM's body positioning after the fact, and that right hand being where it was has given insight into what he was likely doing at the time (sleeping). The witness today explained how the right hand being there was actually in the way of the left arm/hand. And it likely makes sense that there was GSR on that right hand, but no sense that there was none on his left if he was the shooter. I was disappointed too, even though the testimony was really interesting, in that he did not go further, to say... while it is unlikely that a person would be in that position to shoot himself.. here is what DOES seem to make sense, and show how the positioning instead of the shooter. jmo.

Actually for low profile trials (no media coverage), you usually are not asked if you could be impartial. Neither my husband and I were ever asked, nor was anyone in our trials.

I did ask if my doctor at the time would be a witness and explained that I knew she served on a local sexual assault team at a local hospital that gathered evidence. The answer was "no" (the plaintiff in my sexual assault case went to another hospital, my doctor was not a witness). My

I had to serve.
Yes true, I can't remember if there was that type of screening when I was a juror, however I do remember all jurors being asked a list of general questions, one being occupation. Wouldn't all trials need to know if there was any reason why a juror wouldn't be able to be impartial to a case though, and so wouldn't they ask that for all trials? ie if I was a potential juror at a rape case and I had been raped when I was young, I may not make such a great juror. Do they leave such discretion up to the individual jurors in low profile cases? I would have thought they would ask everyone that question, in addition to what their occupations are, etc.? Anyone?

This is from an MSM newscast, screenshotted.

Thank you deugirtni. Anyone else think that blue and white object on the bed next to WM's feet might be a sleep mask?

Hard to tell exactly how WM's body was positioned in that particular image, but I'm not seeing where a hand or arm might be extended out over the edge of the mattress for the gun to drop atop that LuLu Lemon bag.

ETA: If the gun dropped on that bag, that would have to mean that WM's left hand would have been above the bag, which IMO would indicate there was not enough space between the dresser and the mattress for his arm and hand to be fully extended beyond the mattress. Am I making any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member