Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link for someone who served on a jury recently here in Toronto Canada, only a year ago (the same courthouse that I was). At least they have wifi now, when I was there, they was absolutely nothing in the panel room (no cubicles then). Most women brought books or knitting and a lot of the men just paced all day.

He's right, some of the courthouse staff really try to discourage you from being asked to be excused (although it seems some judges are more lenient than others.)

Just got out of jury duty; thought I'd share my experience for all Torontonians and potential jurors • r/toronto

Last edited:
I noticed in another photo that there was a covering on a chair in his room (I think his office though).

ETA Same photo of WM dead on the bed - there is a pink towel on a chair in that bedroom. For him, or for the cats?

FWIW, I think that pink towel is just laid across the arms of the office chair, not on the seat itself. Possibly a towel that was recently used and laid out to air dry ??

MOO[/QUOTE]
I see ears and whiskers.
Didn't the Crown and Defense get to ask you questions? ie are you familiar with the Badgerow case/trials? Are you able to be objective? etc?

First off, we didn't know what the case was going to be in advance. It was an old case so not many were familiar. People who'd been there the day before went home to google it and told us a bit about it. I believe the judge (on the closed-circuit TV) simply said you're going to voir dire. If you are connected in any way or can't be objective, that's your chance to let us know. The defense and crown didn't ask anything just looked us over and took notes.I can I'm sure they were tired after 2 days of 300 people to go through. Overload! Waste of time.

FWIW, I think that pink towel is just laid across the arms of the office chair, not on the seat itself. Possibly a towel that was recently used and laid out to air dry ??

It looks like a bedspread to me. It has fringe on the ends.

Thank you deugirtni. Anyone else think that blue and white object on the bed next to WM's feet might be a sleep mask?

Hard to tell exactly how WM's body was positioned in that particular image, but I'm not seeing where a hand or arm might be extended out over the edge of the mattress for the gun to drop atop that LuLu Lemon bag.

ETA: If the gun dropped on that bag, that would have to mean that WM's left hand would have been above the bag, which IMO would indicate there was not enough space between the dresser and the mattress for his arm and hand to be fully extended beyond the mattress. Am I making any sense?
I don't see his hand/arm extended either. Nor his head anywhere near the edge of the bed. And IF his head was *that* close to the edge, to make the blood trail down the side of the mattress as opposed to soaking/pooling on the mattress, then how did his hand/arm become extended, since there only appears to be less than one handful of inches between the mattress and dresser? Surely WM's left arm was longer than half a foot?

Also, when son and I did that experiment yesterday, that all goes out the window now because the positioning of the gun was not the same as what the reconstructionist was saying today. We will have to do it over. But one of the things son mentioned was the recoil effect after firing a gun. Was that even considered, ie which way would the gun fall out of WM's hand after he fired and was dead.. and obviously that would be based on how exactly WM was holding the gun.. so not only does this whole scenario have to make sense as far as the setup in the bedroom, WM's handedness, positioning on the bed, position of the GSR on his right hand and pillow, but also where the gun fell in relation to how the reconstructionist is saying he had to have held the gun, IF he did it. He did say that it was possible for him to hold it that way, but that it doesn't make sense or whatever. The problem is that whoever moved the dang bag kind of ruined that possibility, didn't they? No wonder nobody will own up to being the one to have done that. P me Off. jmo.

It looks like a bedspread to me. It has fringe on the ends.
Could be. I figured it looked kind of smallish and rectanglular, and with it being pink, and appearing to have embroidery band on it... and in the olden days some towels had fringing. Here is it blown up a bit.

Attachments

• towel on bdrm chair.jpg
    towel on bdrm chair.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: JDG
Thank you deugirtni. Anyone else think that blue and white object on the bed next to WM's feet might be a sleep mask?

Hard to tell exactly how WM's body was positioned in that particular image, but I'm not seeing where a hand or arm might be extended out over the edge of the mattress for the gun to drop atop that LuLu Lemon bag.

ETA: If the gun dropped on that bag, that would have to mean that WM's left hand would have been above the bag, which IMO would indicate there was not enough space between the dresser and the mattress for his arm and hand to be fully extended beyond the mattress. Am I making any sense?

I think it may well be a sleep mask. My beloved had prostate cancer and his 'stuff'
didn't have that dark blue edging. He did have blue and white pads for the bed but light blue, same as in the hospital.

You have great eye sight, I can't find a LuLu Lemon bag. lol

I hope DM is found guilty and they throw away the key!

I am going to save my positioning thought until tomorrow ...Don't want RP to get any edge. lol

I think it may well be a sleep mask.

I don't think it's a CPAP mask - it doesn't look like any type I've ever seen and has no place for the hose to attach. (I use a CPAP machine every night myself and have worn different mask styles over the years). In the closeup it looks like a folded medical pad or a folded towel.

Sorry, I am just catching up on today's posts. I did read all of AC's liveblog posts. Just wondering how we know RP wanted this guy's testimony excluded?

Today, the Crown is calling a crime scene reconstructionist. This is a crucial part of their case - as evidenced by Millard’s lawyer pushing to have this evidence not included in the judge’s decision.
by Adam Carter 9:16 AM

Other than that, I don't recall him saying anything else about it.

The reconstructionist was an excellent witness. I only wish he had been able to take his work a couple steps further -

In that there was no gun residue on the left hand, why was it on the right hand, under the head? Is that an indication the body was repositioned immediately after death? We don’t know.

But more importantly, although he attempted to disprove a suicide took place, he left it at that. Unless I missed something, I thought he’d go on to create a possible scenario by duplicating the gun residue on the bed/pillows to prove a shooter was positioned beside the bed and dresser. But he didn’t do that. Was it because he was unable or wasn’t he asked to? We don’t know that either.

I can only surmise that it's because, for whatever reason, the Crown elected not to take him down that path. I suppose we need to remember that he isn't really there to provide a narrative but to answer specific questions. Of course the Crown could have asked him to put forth his hypothesis for what could have happened but wouldn't that leave him exposed on cross by the defence? The defence could call into question bias on his part if he was offering up various scenarios....just thinking out loud here. It would also then allow the defence to ask him to offer up alternative hypotheses that support the defence's position that it was a suicide....JMOO.

First off, we didn't know what the case was going to be in advance. It was an old case so not many were familiar. People who'd been there the day before went home to google it and told us a bit about it. I believe the judge (on the closed-circuit TV) simply said you're going to voir dire. If you are connected in any way or can't be objective, that's your chance to let us know. The defense and crown didn't ask anything just looked us over and took notes.I can I'm sure they were tired after 2 days of 300 people to go through. Overload! Waste of time.
Ok, well that *objective* part is the part where you can say, I don't think I could be objective because.. I feel that anyone charged, is likely guilty.. or whatever. jmo.

I can only surmise that it's because, for whatever reason, the Crown elected not to take him down that path. I suppose we need to remember that he isn't really there to provide a narrative but to answer specific questions. Of course the Crown could have asked him to put forth his hypothesis for what could have happened but wouldn't that leave him exposed on cross by the defence? The defence could call into question bias on his part if he was offering up various scenarios....just thinking out loud here. It would also then allow the defence to ask him to offer up alternative hypotheses that support the defence's position that it was a suicide....JMOO.
I can understand that completely, however it would have been nice to know if everything as found was possible if it was someone other than WM who did the shooting, ie based on position the gun had to be at, .. where exactly and what kind of position would a different shooter have had to have been in, in order to do it with those results? jmo

I said that on day one - why doesn’t he just confess. Enough with the wasting of time and court resources.

I understand how you feel but...

serial killers rarely confess (that would mean giving up control and feeling remorse which most of them are incapable of). Most are psychopaths, they don't think and feel the way the rest of us do. I don't think DM is capable of caring for anyone but himself (and he seems to enjoy hurting others - look at his behaviour with Tim and Laura's families in the courtroom.)

The only exceptions of serial killers confessing after being charged before conviction that I can think of are Russell Williams (who confessed for his wife's sake, he didn't care his vistims or their families) and Elizabeth Wettlauffer (the nurse) who seem to have had a small amount of guilt but only for herself spiritually. She also justified the murders to herself (the men were abusive, the women wanted to die and she was angry at all of them.)

If they do acknowledge their crimes after they are convicted, they usually don't take responsibly and blame something else for it. (ie Ted Bundy - *advertiser censored*).

They don't usually have a conscience or guilt about what they have done and don't care about it's effect on others (the victim's families or waste of court resources).

Last edited:
Ok, well that *objective* part is the part where you can say, I don't think I could be objective because.. I feel that anyone charged, is likely guilty.. or whatever. jmo.
I am sure that would make you ineligible to sit on the jury, hahaha.

I understand how you feel but...

serial killers rarely confess (that would mean giving up control and feeling remorse which most of them are incapable of). Most are psychopaths, they don't think and feel the way the rest of us do. I don't think DM is capable of caring for anyone but himself (and he seems to enjoy hurting others - look at his behaviour to Tim and Laura's families in the courtroom.)

The only exceptions of serial killers confessing after being charged before conviction that I can think of are Russell Williams (who confessed for his wife's sake, he didn't care about the families of the victims) and Elizabeth Wettlauffer (the nurse) who seem to have had a small amount of guilt but only for herself spiritually. She also justified the murders to herself (the men were abusive, the women wanted to die and she was angry at all of them.)

If they do acknowledge their crimes after they are convicted, they usually don't take responsibly and blame something for it. (ie Ted Bundy - *advertiser censored*).

They don't usually have a conscience or guilt about what they have done and don't care about its effect on others (the victim's families or waste of court resources).
I think that psychopaths are incapable of feeling remorse.
DM is dangerous and he is sadistic. He enjoys inflicting pain on people and he enjoyed getting in Laura s father's face and the ex-bf. He is a freak and his brain is wired to enjoy inflicting pain on people.
He just needs to be locked up until the end of his life. He should be put beside Paul Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214